It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Boy Scout Denied Eagle Scout Because He's Gay

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

That may well prove true. The BSA may fall by the wayside as time passes and attitudes change. That being said, as a private organization, its still their right to make the choice to go down fighting for their principles rather than sell out for the sake of public opinion or have it forced upon them by government.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I didn't understand 85% of your post. You need to emphasize or point it out or something because im missing it.

If BSA was a white only organization, it wouldn't affect me one bit. Again, i could care less about race. You can have all the black entertainment channels you want and all the white entertainment channels you want. So again, if BSA was white only, i could care less. Race is the last thing on my mind.

I don't think you understand that race has little to no value for me, literally.
edit on 7-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

I didn't understand 85% of your post. You need to emphasize or point it out or something because im missing it.

If BSA was a white only organization, it wouldn't affect me one bit. Again, i could care less about race. You can have all the black entertainment channels you want and all the white entertainment channels you want. So again, if BSA was white only, i could care less. Race is the last thing on my mind.

I don't think you understand that race has little to no value for me, literally.

No, once again you're avoiding the uncomfortable question, because you know what answering it would mean.

You believe that any organization or group has the right to discriminate against anyone. So you are therefore agreeing that the BSA could, if they wanted to, ban all black people, all Hispanic people, anyone who isn't white, from participating. If you support the idea that a group can discriminate, you are supporting the same ideal for all.

Admit it, you're saying that if the BSA had a white's only policy you would support it.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I am not avoiding the question; how many times do I have to say it? If BSA was a white only organization, I would send my son there regardless. I don't care whether they are white only or allow all races. As long as they taught my values and didn't speak down on other races, I could not care less the racial orientation of organization.

Take the Negro College Fund, for example. That is only available for blacks, and I could not care less. Send all the Negroes or blacks, whatever you want to call them, to college as you can afford or have as many Negroes only fund organizations as possible, I don't care.

.. is it really that hard for you to believe?

---

For example, Martin Luther King movement. I could careless that it happened. You know why? Because i would have treated black people exactly the way i would want to be treated. I don't need some government policy to tell me how to treat people, it comes naturally.

I would have been for neither the black nor the whites in the civil rights movement ... does that get it across for ya? I could careless either way. I would have treated you fairly regardless of your race.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
First of all I would like to say that this is the result of religious indoctrination - the refusal of nature to suit a doctrine by an imaginary being, and the result of that is massive confusion and self-loathing. This is what religion does to people.

Vendettent - It's difficult for me to respond to you in some ways because I can't understand it to a large degree. I was not raised in a religious home, when I discovered my sexuality I didn't have a history of being told that it was wrong, it wasn't even discussed by my family, it just "was" and it wasn't a big deal to anyone. Nothing unusual happened when I introduced my first boyfriend, he was treated in the same way as anyone else.

But, what I would like to say is that we are only here on Earth for a very short time. Your sexuality is not hurting anyone, your faith itself demands that others not be judged or treated in any way you wouldn't want to be treated yourself. So, why waste your entire life trying to meet the demands of others?

The idea that people can waste their entire lives striving to please others astounds me. It's not their life, it's yours. Live it how you wish to live it and tell them all to GTFO.

One final thing to consider... there are a lot of things in the Bible that contradict, and that followers conveniently ignore. Ask yourself why your sexuality is deemed to be a problem by people who continue to cut their hair, and wear clothes woven from more than one thread. Why have they chosen to selectively adhere to one rule about sexuality, but they completely ignore all the other rules that are inconvenient to them?

I know this might fall on deaf ears, but I hope you learn that your life has immense value, and that things will get much better in the future. You can have faith in God and be gay too, don't let people tell you that you cant. You can do anything, and you shouldn't allow others to control your life or limit your happiness, especially when our time here is so short.
edit on 7-10-2012 by intrepid because: Quote removed.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This concerns me.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to seek some therapy, preferably with a non religious influence.

edit on 7-10-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2012 by intrepid because: Quote removed.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I am not avoiding the question; how many times do I have to say it? If BSA was a white only organization, I would send my son there regardless.

There you go! See, that wasn't too hard was it?

So you do agree that an organization should have the right to be racist, and you would support them in their racism, because they have the same values as you.

That's all I needed to read. You've adequately made your point.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by vendettent

You should continue to fight it. I have never really had homosexual tendencies. Remember, if you have fallen into homosexuality, there is no sin God cannot cover or forgive. No sin of this Earth compares to the sacrificial lamb. You can EASILY be forgiven because of the hardship God bared on the cross.

You are dammed with homosexuality and you are dammed if you say one single white lie. You have sinned either way, no sin is greater than the other because they all lead you straight to hell regardless.

Remember, if you are sinning, never stop praying, that is how they get you. " I am damned any way " No you aren't. Okay, so you know it's wrong. Pray and fight it, if you fail, keep trying .... God doesn't abandon you IF you are saved because you sinned.

God's grace follows you every where, regardless of what you are doing.

Homosexuality is no worse than saying a curse word in the new covenant because they both damn you. You just have to realize this and fight to sin as little as possible, to be more like God and you will fail miserably, but God will see you trying. Without works Faith is Dead. You are not saved by works, but if you are saved you should feel the need to work toward / for God. Why wouldn't you?

(Protestant) Christian View.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Courts also agree with me. The KKK can gather in public places and at schools. So racism cant be that bad if the courts permit racist sects to gather at public events and schools.

I mentioned the same exact thing i mention in that post in the previous post. Did you even read them? lol

You still haven't explained what your definition of "racism" is.

---

You can call me a racist all day long. However, there is nothing you can legally do about it as it is an American right to believe whatever you want to believe in. If you read my entire post, and not just your quote, and you still call me a racist, well, i hope you have a nice life.

You are more than welcome to try to take my life, just hope you kill me before I have time to pull out my surprise.. i carry hand cannons.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Courts also agree with me. The KKK can gather in public places and at schools. So racism cant be that bad if the courts permit racist sects to gather at public events and schools.

You still have explained what your definition of "racism" is.

---

You can call me a racist all day long. However, there is nothing you can or will do about it.

Thankfully, public opinion isn't on your side.

Intel withdraw funding

It's good to see that the Human race is moving forward.

Mod Note: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7-10-2012 by davespanners because: See mod note

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It doesn't have to be on my side. The Constitution is on my side. I don't care if you are a racist or not. It doesn't bother me, really. lol

It's your right regardless of public opinion.

No opinion what so ever surpasses the constitution. I don't care if 100,000,000 people don't agree with the constitution, that is to bad ... so sad.

If you don't like it? Revolt, we can shoot at each other and argue with each other as we lay dying from bullet wounds and ask God when we get to heaven who was right.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

reply to post by vendettent

You should continue to fight it. I have never really had homosexual tendencies. Remember, if you have fallen into homosexuality, there is no sin God cannot cover or forgive. No sin of this Earth compares to the sacrificial lamb. You can EASILY be forgiven because of the hardship God bared on the cross.

You are dammed with homosexuality and you are dammed if you say one single white lie. You have sinned either way, no sin is greater than the other because they all lead you straight to hell regardless.

Remember, if you are sinning, never stop praying, that is how they get you. " I am damned any way " No you aren't. Okay, so you know it's wrong. Pray and fight it, if you fail, keep trying .... God doesn't abandon you IF you are saved because you sinned.

God's grace follows you every where, regardless of what you are doing.

Homosexuality is no worse than saying a curse word in the new covenant because they both damn you. You just have to realize this and fight to sin as little as possible, to be more like God and you will fail miserably, but God will see you trying. Without works Faith is Dead. You are not saved by works, but if you are saved you should feel the need to work toward / for God. Why wouldn't you?

(Protestant) Christian View.

This actually makes me feel physically sick inside.

Even though this young person is stating that they are in a fragile state of mind and feeling like a criminal of some kind, you have the gall to try to make them feel even worse with your religious BS!

This is no better than a cult, attacking weak people and abusing them for your own entertainment, pushing your own agenda to "guilt" them into following what YOU believe. You have deliberately chosen to push your dogma yet again, even though it is clear your target is vulnerable.

Thank you for really exposing what you are about - forcing others to obey your insane dogma, even when that person already feels under attack. It's really quite sickening to read your response, and I hope to any God you wish to believe in that your own kids run away from you as fast as their legs can carry them!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

No problem. I exposed that I am really about God ( i am not perfect ), and I will share the truth in a respectful way. He can take it or leave it, if he doesn't want to hear, I won't keep sharing it. I just shared the Christian view on it. I also did not " Force " him to do anything. He can do ANYTHING he wants. If he cares about Yahweh ( the Christian God) then he should obey the Bible. If he could careless, then do whatever floats your boat, you have nothing to worry about .. at least not yet.

It's illegal until their 18 or get a court waiver.

God, Country, Family.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

No problem. I exposed that I am really about God ( i am not perfect ), and I will share the truth in a respectful way. He can take it or leave it, if he doesn't want to hear, I won't keep sharing it. I just shared the Christian view on it. I also did not " Force " him to do anything. He can do ANYTHING he wants. If he cares about Yahweh ( the Christian God) then he should obey the Bible. If he could careless, then do whatever floats your boat, you have nothing to worry about .. at least not yet.

God, Country, Family.

I'm curious. You state you are sharing the truth. How do you know it's the truth? Are you simply quoting Leviticus, and if so, do you follow the other restrictions in Leviticus? Or are you basing truth on what you've been taught?
What part of the bible should one obey? The Apocrypha? The disputed texts left out at the council of Nicea? And what translation?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

God, Country, Family.

I'm curious. You state you are sharing the truth. How do you know it's the truth? Are you simply quoting Leviticus, and if so, do you follow the other restrictions in Leviticus? Or are you basing truth on what you've been taught?
What part of the bible should one obey? The Apocrypha? The disputed texts left out at the council of Nicea? And what translation?

I would like to know their opinion on this also.

But I'm betting they won't respond, or they'll dance around it for an eternity rather than admit the contradictions and hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

If it isn't in the Holy Bible it should be taken as a grain of salt. If God is real, I'm sure he could create a book. If he isnt, I lose nothing, but if he is ...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

---

You can call me a racist all day long. However, there is nothing you can or will do about it.

Intel withdraw funding

Maybe public opinion isnt but the supreme court is and when it comes down to it, thats all that matters

Oh and you cant link petitions on ATS
edit on 7-10-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Wow,, I would say that I am surprised at some of these comments, but I am not,, sad as that is in itself.

But, as far as NOT joining groups that you disagree with according to some posts here, that is stupid to say, as this young man was a Child when he joined,, worked as hard,, and harder than many who didn't get to Eagle scout level,, and during those years,, found out he was gay.

Just like the church I suppose,,, Should Just Leave according to some here,,,

I did just that,,, because of things said by my scoutmaster,, I KNEW IT WASN"T FOR ME,, but then again,, I knew much that others didn't at an early age,,
such as,,
Why belong to a religion that HATES ME FOR BEING WHO I AM,,

I LEFT,, feet hit the ground running,, and NEVER LOOK BACK,,

SO,, my dear So called ""CHRISTIAN" friends here,,, when you are all Alone in your Empty Churches,, maybe you will realize that it was Your Fault for turning GOOD PEOPLE away with your Hate filled words that Say I LOVE YOU Out of one side of your mouth as you SCREAM I HATE YOU out of the Other,,,

God/Dess BLESS THIS YOUNG MAN AND HIS FUTURE.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by detachedindividual

---

Intel withdraw funding

Maybe public opinion isnt but the supreme court is and when it comes down to it, thats all that matters

That's fine, the Supreme Court can't force companies to donate funds to support a discriminatory organization, whereas the people can choose not to support companies that donate funds to groups who discriminate.

I wonder what that means for organizations like the BSA?

We already see that the people are moving beyond religious insanity, rejecting dogma, refusing homophobia, racism, sexism... the religious cults and those who support them will be increasing isolated and ostracized, and that day can't come soon enough!

Churches are closing at record rates all over the world. The religions are losing followers at an amazing pace, and those who do choose to follow a faith are increasingly modernizing that faith to be reflective of the society in which it operates.

These are facts, and no court on Earth can wind evolution back to the days when we looked upon a volcano erupting as a sign that we should sacrifice a virgin to satisfy it.

edit on 7-10-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join