It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

There are gar that big on the southside of dams on the Mississippi - I came from Iowa. Rather frightening. Bottom feeders. Good feeding south of the lock and dams.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Interesting question:

Please explain WHY THESE TREES ARE FALLING STRAIGHT DOWN.
Dear Blue Ribbons,

At the bottom of the link is another link to freedomrox site. Freedomrox has done major research and writing on the sinkhole. Quite an interesting article titled:

LOUISIANA SINKHOLE AND EVEN MORE PROOF LDNR AND TEXAS BRINE KNEW OXY 3 COULD FAIL BEFORE 2010 UPDATED AGAIN!!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is an interesting article. For those that need a bit of history on the sinkhole and what is going on, I thought this was good. The author of the article does have a very optimistic outlook in that things will stabilize and then that will be the end- or that is what I assumed the author was saying.

I did like this quote he put in the article, it does make one think of what damage are we doing and when we it all catch up with us.

In addition to creating a massive sinkhole, [Bayou Corne] has unearthed an uncomfortable truth: Modern mining and drilling techniques are disturbing the geological order in ways that scientists still don’t fully understand. Humans have been extracting natural resources from the earth since the dawn of mankind, but never before at the rate and magnitude of today’s petrochemical industry. And the side effects are becoming clear. It’s not just sinkholes and town-clearing natural gas leaks: Recently, the drilling process known as fracking has been linked to an increased risk of earthquakes. [Which at best reflects gross ignorance, and at worst an outright lie. - Ed.] “When you keep drilling over and over and over again, whether it’s into bedrock or into salt caverns, at some point you have fractured the integrity of this underground structure enough that something is in danger of collapsing,” observes ecologist and author Sandra Steingraber, whose work has focused on fracking and injection wells. “It’s an inherently dangerous situation.”

The Bayou Corne Sinkhole, Part I: Ridiculing the Press

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Texas Brine latest fact sheet.
The fact sheet comes with an up dated relief well map at the bottom. They do state that they are planning 7 more relief wells.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I still do not believe a damn thing TB releases nor LDNR. I don't believe ANYONE knows what is going to happen.

The most concise observation I have found is in this video:

edit on 3-9-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
well, they probably do have a pretty good idea. Certainly better than we do as they have the latest information which they are keeping very close to their chest.

I reckon they should have their heads and hands put in old stocks on the village green and pelted with rotten tomatoes. That would make everyone else feel better for a while although it would not change how this thing pans out.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I found it interesting that that article came out after the world saw the video of the trees sinking straight down. I recall 4+ million hits on the youtube video and that video went all over the world on news channels. Major attention so what better then to put out an article that says don't worry everything is fine. The article to me on one hand said we have damaged the earth and we will be seeing the effects but the article also gave to indication that there never has been or will there ever be danger from this sinkhole. How can they say no one was ever in danger? Gasses coming up in homes can't be healthy.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
To keep this thread alive or maybe we should just it die.

Russian View of the Bayou Corne Disaster

I thought the image included with the article very interesting.
I see that the water is pooling in the slat dome. To me that is alarming because I fear that it will start to erode the dome, then make other weak and let the mess really being.

I also read that there was another chunk that fell in the sinkhole this weekend.

September 7, 2013 9:50 a.m. Another slough in occurred overnight on the northern side of the sinkhole. The slough in took approximately 3/4 of the north work pad and trees to the north of the sinkhole. It is estimated to be about a section of 50′ x 75′ on the north side of the sinkhole.
They say a youtube video will be put up but haven't seen anything yet.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Google used to do automated searches and sent the results as RSS feeds to anyone who wanted them. However, a month or so ago, they stopped this service. (maybe it was sqewing(?) their page ranking formulae) I was using this alert system to find new articles and news. I am in the process of writing something to replace it for myself, so in the next few weeks, it will be done hopefully.

I hate to see great threads die, but unless people are motivated to add to them I dont see any alternative. The information is in lockdown and there is not much coming out about the state of the salt dome. It is really up to the people on the ground to continue to nag and pester the authorities to get them to publish all the data. Some of us are in different countries not just in different parts of the USA so it is more difficult for us to know the proceedures and practices to use to find out the information. Of course, if it is on the internet, then we can find it, the same as anyone else.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Here is the video of the slough area; what a mess of debris. I sure hope it stabilizes before it reaches the highway.

Originally posted by qmantoo
The information is in lockdown and there is not much coming out about the state of the salt dome.

It does seem like the authorities have been updating the day-to-day operational info more often since the big slough-in video rounded the world. But like you, I am still waiting to see things like the results of the 1st electromagnetic survey (they did a second one 3 weeks ago), and the most recent sub-surface profile for the sinkhole.

edit on 9/8/2013 by Olivine because: adding

edit on 9/8/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
For the folks who have lost their homes or have gas emanating into them:

an attempt by pitiful me, to not let this thread die, for their story deserves telling, I believe.

Not to mention this may have far reaching consequences......

Batholith. Salt layer from Louisiana extends all the way to Arkansas. When you get up that way, you're flirting with the New Madrid Fault, then. Batholiths are under layers such as salt domes. Quite obviously, with Macondo, something BIG was destabilized.

In the last three years here in NO, (that's New Orleans, btw), every summer on the news there is word of a "salt wedge" moving up the Mississippi River, that they must do extra dredging to stop. Then we have something called the MR. GO, a channel dredged out to link the Gulf and the Industrial Canal, south of here. When Katrina happened, the southern parishes were decimated, as the hurricane and its tidal surge moved up the MR. GO, and destroyed areas south of the city, that had never previously flooded in any such event, due to that channel.

Just blasting you all with some "facts" that I feel are pertinent, here. I could provide some links if moved to research, but I'm living here and experiencing it, first hand....but would still provide back up for what I'm saying.

Put it all together, since Katrina and Macondo....it's not hard. We were losing wetland protection from storm surge, well before Katrina to the tune of miles a day..... This is a SALT DOME....and since it's cave in, there is a SALT WEDGE moving up the river every summer. HUH???? There are over fifty caverns utilized for storage onsite. Not just three.

Let's see...what else? This state happens to be, go figure, the strategic shortage storage for oil, and have the most refineries. When Katrina and the other hurricane that moved through west of here two weeks later, shut all that down, gas prices went sky high, while congressman were saying on live television, why would you save a city like that? Look at the looting. And then folks realized they had no friggin oil or gas..... Just sayin'
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Oh and btw, I used to have a long term relationship with a petrotech comp controls engineer...he had a map on his wall of the strategic oil reserve here....marked CLASSIFIED, EYES ONLY at the bottom... what I wouldn't give for a copy of that map now.

DO NOT let this thread die. This is pertinent to what is happening EVERYWHERE in this country. And I am afraid it will reach a crucial point......please hang in there.\
Tetra

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

WELL, it could possibly reach the road. Though officials say it is not related but the road is slowly deforming.

theadvocate.com...

Though I can say that roads do deform often, but you can't rule it out.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
We have new Fly over from today.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I really dont know if this has any bearing on this Bayou Corne situation at all, but I thought it was interesting when I read it as reported from someone in the oil and gas industry.

In this post here

Now....to what I see as a potential threat...the waste water disposal.
(sorry if this gets to be long)

In the frac'ing process we push approx. 100 truckloads of water down the hole.
The water comes up mixed with the sand, and chems, and the naturally occurring
minerals and salts in the shale. No big deal IMO, water goes down, water comes
up--an equilibrium is achieved.

It is what we do with the waste water that gives me pause. Waste water is taken to
a waste water disposal, which essentially is another well site. Often a waste water
disposal will be an old well site that didn't produce, though usually they are drilled
for the purpose of waste disposal.

What bothers me is the IMMENSE amount of water that is pumped down these
holes TO STAY. No equilibrium achieved--just lakes and lakes of waste water
pumped into the ground sometimes only 7 or 8 thousand feet deep 1 1/2 miles.

What do I mean by immense amount?

One typical waste water disposal will handle 100 truckloads a day for many years.
I know one that has been active at around 50 truckloads a day for over twenty years.

Imagine one hundred truckloads a day for only one year. That's 540,000 gallons
a day, or about 300 Olympic sized swimming pools a year.

To me, that is the elephant in the room no one is talking about

I highly doubt whether there is waste water used in any of these caverns, but I was thinking that the weight alone must cause some serious stresses to the local geology. We should be able to find out whether these old caverns in the Napoleonville salt Dome have been used for water waste storage/dumping. I am absolutely sure there are quite a few skeletons in their cupboards as there are in any large corporation.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I just reviewed word that the evacuation order may be lifted soon. To this I say, are you stupid!?! What if someone gets hurt, God forbid killed!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

CajunBoy
I just reviewed word that the evacuation order may be lifted soon. To this I say, are you stupid!?! What if someone gets hurt, God forbid killed!

In light of the article I quote and link to below; stupid doesn't even begin to cover it. Even crazy falls short of the mark.

Link 1 - Celestial Convergence

Link 2 - The Advocate

GEOLOGICAL UPHEAVAL: Tracking Developments At The Giant Louisiana Sinkhole - Fears Of A Massive Explosion Grips Residents Of Bayou Corne As Gas Rises To The Surface In More Than 90 Bubble Sites, As Methane Is Unleashed From Natural Sources Deep Underground!

=============================================

The gas has risen to the surface in more than 90 bubble sites on land and water. Fears of an explosion have been part of the motif for a more than yearlong evacuation by Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou residents, scientists and officials have said.

Methane is an odorless, invisible, flammable gas and can accumulate under slabs and in confined spaces.

Texas Brine and state scientists recently conducted tests on a bubble site, nicknamed “Stephanie and Her Sisters” which gurgles inside a pond on Texas Brine’s Bayou Corne-area site, with a form of technology often used to remove soil contaminated by petroleum from old, underground tanks.

Called dual phase vapor extraction, the system uses vacuum pumps to suck out water and gas underground.

Scientists and officials with the state Office of Conservation believe a system of dual-phase vacuum pumps and shallow wells could intercept the rising gas in a continuous layer of sand 20 to 30 feet deep, which was recently discovered after a recent round of — and at times controversial — geologic testing.

==========================================================

Hecox said the amount of gas in the aquifer is more than the 45 million cubic feet first thought and has been found to be collected heavily in a dome-like high spot under the Sportsman’s Drive area, which is under the Browns’ house.

“There’s no kidding. There’s a lot more gas than I told you three months ago,” Hecox told residents Thursday.

Gas from that area is finding its way to the shallow sands and spreading out under the community. He said the new, deeper wells in the aquifer could be removing gas and water for years.

edit on 19-9-2013 by happykat39 because: Forgot to include source links

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, we have ignition on what looks like the Crosstex facility grounds. It's behind a fenced off portion near bayou Corne. I'll post a picture ASAP. It started less than an hour ago.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Also, everything at this point about the fire is unknown. I will keep posted if I get any news as well.

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join