It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
not sure if anyone else read this but i found it intriguing to say the least.

the Advocate
In addition to the sinkhole, gas is being released from bubbling sites in area bayous and [color=amber]is thought to be gathered in an aquifer and even in shallower rock under the communities.

Welsh’s order follows Boudreaux’s cease and desist order to Texas Brine earlier this week after residents complained about a [color=amber]plugged probe site leaking gas in front of homes on Sauce Piquante Lane.

Boudreaux said he tested the hole and found leaking gas at a concentration that was approaching an explosive level.

Sonny Cranch, spokesman for Texas Brine, said 41 of the holes were drilled in the community and only one leaked.

“Our ultimate goal is to remove the gas from the shallow aquifer and to know where it is,” Cranch said, “and this was the technology we were employing to identify the location of that gas.”
so, they know the gas is accumulating in places other than the sinkhole but don't know where.
they know the concentration is not miniscule and it's nearly explosive, yet, no one should be concerned.
they are positive TB misrepresented the depth of the sinkhole and when proven, TB clams up.
still yet, the ousted residents have not been made whole or secured settlement agreements.
and to top it off, they suspect the aquifer has been breached with accumulated gas.

nah folks, there's nothing to see here and i'm pretty sure the theory of a toxic gas cloud release is waaaaay off base.

/sarcasm

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It is vitally important that someone ask about and receive the answer the following questions:

Have any new bubble sites been reported?< I know a couple of times in this thread, the map of known bubble sites has been posted, has there been any updates to this? I don't recall seeing any.It would also behoove residents to check areas that hold standing water only during heavy rains check to see if there is bubbling in places where it would not be apparent without the water present.

Have samples of the gas been taken and analyzed to determine their make up? results?

If hydrogen sulfide is one of the gasses present, is there any way to know how much of it has dissolved into the ground water?< this one may impact the rate at which the salt dissolves, if that is occurring. I haven't yet dug around to see if there is any research about acidity affecting salt dissolution.

Has any testing for higher acidity been done? results?< this ties into the above question in that hydrogen sulfide will dissolve in water making it slightly acidic. I would imagine that this would depend on the other chemistry in the water, but this is certainly and avenue they should be looking at much closer.

I think those will do to start, if anyone else has anything they think to be relevant, please share.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

As far as I know, no new bubble sites. As for EPA finding any H2S or acidity testing, hahaha goodluck getting EPA to do testing in this state...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
www.deq.louisiana.gov...

Algablooms? Possible salinity? Lake Verret is the nearest lake to the sinkhole and I believe Bayou Corne flows into the lake. "The Lake" everyone calls it down here is a great recreation area where people go out on the lake drink beers and do water sports.

If we see this salinity and algabloom go up, I believe we have a problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The "revised" new 3D seizmic report is due to be released very soon. It was taken from Texas Brine (as being unbelievable) and re-evaluated by DNR(?) . Can we keep an eye out for this and post it as soon as it comes out please? It will give us a better and more up-to-date(haha!) perspective on the sinkhole. Now, either the data was too revealing or it was just too un-revealing. Which is it?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I got you on that

On a side note, they are having a public meeting on the 13th of August about plans for the Hwy 70 reroute
edit on 31-7-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Happy Birthday to our sinkhole! It makes 1 year old today. Boy I remember when our child was eating its first trees now it is a healthy 24 acre hole and still growing.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Man, am I not looking forward to the terrible 2s, and don't even get me started on the nightmare that will be adolescent years, when it starts bring around it"s trouble making friends...yikes!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Two new flyover videos were posted on the Police Jury blog yesterday.
It still looks wet near the SW corner, but that could be from laying fresh material. The seismicity has come to a screeching halt--that's good.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
"Over 50 storage caverns in that area. One storage facility is still adding butane to their cavern. 19,284 barrels of butane from July 15 to July 22, 2013."
www.bayoubuzz.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The State of Louisiana is now suing Texas Brine for environmental damage!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Just to remind you guys and gals that there is a summary of this thread for people who need quick catch-ups. Not updated that often but at the moment up to the page before this one.

Place the thread number(888251) and 4-digit page number (like 0075) in the box at the bottom of the page and from then on, you can use next or previous to navigate back and forth.

=============================
Yep, I think TB is the fall guy and so anyone better get their money out of them quick before they file for bankrupcy (after moving all the money to another hastily set up company, of course) This thing is becoming too large for any one company and damage limitation needs to be set in motion.

Once TB are gone, it will fall on the state to pay for it all. watch your taxes following the water down into the sinkhole.
edit on 6 Aug 2013 by qmantoo because: TB

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They have been finding dead animals in Bayou Corne. A few cats, a raccoon, and chickens. They are collecting the dead ones and sending them to LSU or Wildlife and Fisheries to determine cause of death.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
They have been finding dead animals in Bayou Corne. A few cats, a raccoon, and chickens. They are collecting the dead ones and sending them to LSU or Wildlife and Fisheries to determine cause of death.

Hello,,

Might i ask, how are the frogs and crickets?

Curious.Me.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ummm lol, even if a few are dieing I'm sure it will be unoticable because the number of them down here and the fact they get eaten right away.
edit on 6-8-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

"a few are dieing",,so frogs as well,,as chickens,raccoons,,etc,,

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

A few maybe, idk. Southeast Louisiana's ecosystem is diverse and life multiplies by the thousands. I'm saying if there is some that died, it would be extremely unoticable.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Well can u still hear them at night,,?,,being in the Bayou,,its got too be loud at night?
u know canary in the coal mine.

edit on 6-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It is just as loud during the day with the day crickets. Nobody has made any mention of it though, I'll keep y'all updated.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Finally, more coverage. This is a nice write up about the sinkhole and the beginning of the article just broke my heart. Those people deserve better.

About once a month, the residents of Bayou Corne, Louisiana, meet at the Assumption Parish library in the early evening to talk about the hole in their lives. "It was just like going through cancer all over again," says one. "You fight and you fight and you fight and you think, 'Doggone it, I've beaten this thing,' and then it's back." Another spent last Thanksgiving at a 24-hour washateria because she and her disabled husband had nowhere else to go. As the box of tissues circulates, a third woman confesses that after 20 years of sobriety she recently testified at a public meeting under the influence.
Meet the Town That's Being Swallowed by a Sinkhole

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join