It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Guys, I do not think we are out of the woods yet and I think it is about to get a lot worse....

assumptionla.wordpress.com...

I understand that Before it's News is a banned site from ATS, this one is worth looking at for the writer usually post her work on The Examiner, Mrs Debra Dupre.

It is a new article on their site that I can't post on here. The title is "La. Sinkhole Secret CIA-DOW Crisis, 2nd Cavern Failing, Whistleblowers Warn"

We are being lied to, swindled, and led astray. This proverbial S*** may hit the fan.
edit on 20-7-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

flag

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
dont let BP waste time,,cause once it goes their off the HOOK,,,LINE ANDbobin.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I dont think any one company is to blame really - they all are to blame. I know that one or two will be the fall-guys for the rest but the people at the top will have moved their money out into other places and continue to rape and pillage the earth until she stops it all.

How many different disasters do we need across the globe to effect the result which is planned for us? One in Japan, one here in USA, where are the others or maybe they dont need any more, just two will be sufficient? If this IS methane from a huge methane hydrate deposit under the Gulf of Mexico, then no-one will be able to stop it once it really gets going and it could be a mega event which may mean that the hole which is releasing the methane just keep getting larger. [/doom] [/gloom]

Who was that woman professor who investigates methane hydrate deposits? I heard of her a while ago and she is a leading expert in her field. Might be a good idea for me to see if I can find her details and shoot her an email.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I am wondering if the fractured rock zone, the fiddling about with drilling into the salt dome, and the water finding its way into the salt has caused a change in pressure which in turn has caused the methane to start to be released. At the start, the gas was a small amount and could find its way to the surface through the cracks and fissures and faults. I also accept that in swamp and marshy areas there is methane being released all the time as a natural characteristic of this kind of environment.

However, over time, maybe the collapse of the cavern and the rock zone nearby has caused a pressure change on the area beneath allowing the gas to be released in larger quantities. It seems from reading the text on this webpage, that MH does not need much of a pressure change to begin to release methane.

While methane hydrate is quite widespread, its formation does require specific pressure and temperature conditions. Changes in these conditions, therefore, can lead to the dissociation of the hydrate and the release of the enclosed methane. The hydrate reservoir undoubtedly varies in quantity over time as methane is produced by decomposition, or released into the overlying sediments. However, significant releases of hydrate methane, and the free methane that normally underlies it, can be caused by changes in temperature and pressure conditions.

Some free methane, as earlier mentioned, certainly escapes into and through the gas hydrate stability zone via warm fluids circulating in fault zones. The general heating of the hydrate, as by changing ocean currents, or at the end of ice ages, can release much larger quantities, and more rapidly. The temperature changes do not have to be great: a few degrees warming will do. Pressure changes also effect the release of methane. When large quantities of water are removed from the ocean as they are in ice age continental ice sheets, sea level is lowered, and continental margin hydrates are depressurized. Conversely, when sea level rises, the ocean can flood coastal areas underlain by permafrost, thawing them and releasing hydrate methane.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

You are correct in saying that methane leaks to the surface of swamps and marshes naturally. Oil has this same characteristic in swamps and even in the Gulf.

Most of the buyouts are almost completed. A lot of residents are starting to say goodbye to their homes, camps, and former lives. BUT the fight is still not over. A possible collaspe may have happened in Oxy #2 and that is why we seen the depth increase in the hole and the cavern floor drop dramatically.

No one is releasing 3D imaging of the cavern or sinkhole and this was promised to the residents and the public. This to me tells me that there is something to hide... something possibly devistating.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I seem to remember they said that the new report would be available at the end of July. I hope they release it then.
It is so sad that folks who thought they were moving to a heavenly and beautiful place have had their dreams smashed by the greed and carelessness of business. That is something which ought to be the subject of a court case - the destruction of a dream retirement etc. No amount of money can compensate for this, but obviously some money would allow these people to set up home somewhere else less ideal.

If Oxy#2 is collapsing or has collapsed, then the Napoleon Salt dome itself is failing. Once the water can get to the salt via some channel through the rock, I dont see how it will stop unless, I suppose, water flows downhill towards the bottom of the salt area and will collect there, leaving some areas above it untouched. If there is only one way (the sinkhole) into the salt for the water to take, then at least the water ingress is limited to that area. However, if the collapse has spread further afield, then other caverns may have been affected and their contents might be released eventually finding their way to the surface.

Thats why we need to see the 3D mappings of the NSD and hear their assessment.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
just saw the video of water ebbing and flowing in the sinkhole.
this is not good, flowing water means erosion.
erosion underground is especially dangerous.
the whole area is capable of falling in.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
this appears a good time to slip in this reminder
(or news for those who've never heard of it before)
Lake Nyos/1986
another source

not saying that a similar disaster is likely but then again, LA is connected to one of the most volcanic areas in the US. (Arkansas) and magma flow has been fingered as a contributor to the Nyos disaster so, what are the chances ??

the sinkhole may be growing slowly, however, it certainly isn't showing any signs of stabilization.
with the concern expressed for possible secondary failures, i would not be within 50 miles of this catastrophe.

the Nyos disaster killed 1700+ persons and livestock on hillsides 300ft above the lake.

i can only imagine how a such a cloud would travel/disperse without the mountains to guide or contain it.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I would have to question that thought. Considering the geography of the land, Louisiana has fairly soft soil where the sinkhole is located. Pretty much all of South East Louisiana is soft land. That being said a lava flow would push through it too easily I believe and we would have heated lakes around the state.

Now methane and hydrogen sulfide comes with any gas and oil fields and due to our soft land it comes through the ground a lot easier. Sinkhole loosened the land around the vicinity making it that much easier for deposits to come up. This has been a natural/man made fracking accident. Man blew out the side wall while nature did the fracking naturally. Practically all of South East Louisiana is littered with oil and gas deposits.

Though I can not rule out a possible event as you are suggesting. The sinkhole is located near a inland fault line, the Baton Rouge-Temperate fault line. I believe that fault line is the cause of this nice little treasure: latino.foxnews.com...
edit on 23-7-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

wait a minute, who said anything about 'lava' ??

i specifically said MAGMA (as in underground), you know, along those fault lines that interweave beneath your feet ??

the mere presence of magma increases and amplifies the gas releases (methane, carbon dioxide and others). it is the sudden and excessive release of a toxic gas cloud that i perceive as a potential danger.

you don't need heated lakes in LA to evidence the presence of magma in the strata below. besides, many hot springs can be found just across the border in Arkansas.

yes, i've been there, LA is unique in its surface composition, however, as with Nyos, it was the collection of said gases in the cooler depths of the lake that were suddenly and unexpectedly released upon a pressure change or so has been reported.

the sinkhole is near or exceeding 600 ft deep (Nyos was 690? i think) ... what lies below will make its way to the surface, this we know ... the questions then become, how much and when ?

Macondo was how deep ??
if i'm not mistaken, it is still making its way to the surface.

at least Macondo and other water-based accidents have had the benefit of water to assist with detoxification/dispersal.

this, not so much.
Nyos had the containment of the mountains, the Bayou ? not so much.
an unexpected gas cloud/release coupled with high winds seem like a serious potential from where i sit.

now perhaps, high winds would be a blessing in disguise but then again, maybe not.

either way, given the location of the sinkhole, a toxic cloud rising some 300 ft would likely disperse over some population center, and that would be bad, very bad.

a 'fracing accident' ???
who has been whispering in your ears ?
no dear, this is no accident, let alone a fracing one.

Dimmock PA, those residents are suffering from a fracing incident ... this doesn't even come close.

thanks for the link, that's pretty cool ... but i don't understand what that has to do with the sinkhole ... other than another fine example of how mother Earth continually compensates and will again

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Actually, the sinkhole is 750+ feet deep now.

I have been back to the 20th on this thread and I dont think we have this important information. Last depth reported previously was 400 feet I seem to remember.

Official unable to find bottom of giant Louisiana sinkhole during depth survey — All of 750 foot measuring cord use

John Boudreaux has reported another depth survey has been completed in the center of the sinkhole.
A video has been posted on YouTube showing that 750′ of cord was used and all 750′ went down to bottom.
This information has been sent to the Blue Ribbon Commission for there [sic] review.

Source: Assumption Parish Police Jury Date: July 20, 2013

in the comments section of the enenews article linked above

July 17 2013

Official claims sinkhole depth exceeds estimates

Good comment by We not they finally.......

Who even believes this? Have they no capacity to tell anyone the truth about anything? Just two days ago, their geologist point man, Gary Hecox, said this was "unlike anything in the history of Mankind," yet they hadn't a clue what it was — and now they are testing its depth with a CORD? Are they completely brain-dead or is there some "brilliant strategy" at work WHY they are not telling the truth?

edit on 23 Jul 2013 by qmantoo because: extra comments section link

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have lots of catching up to do but look what I found....

The 24-acre Assumption Parish sinkhole underwent a periodic burp early Friday, the second in two days and the fourth in the past 21/2 weeks, parish officials said. The most recent burp was accompanied by an increase in tremors early Friday, along with other effects often connected with burps, including water movement and so-called "rain drop" bubbles on the lake-like hole’s surface indicating a gas release. John Boudreaux, director of the parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, said the tremors began to ease by Friday afternoon as they typically do once a burp event has eased. "I went out there (to the sinkhole), and it was almost like glass out there," he said. The increased tremors led to a halt in activity on the sinkhole Friday but Boudreaux said some work could resume Saturday morning. Also on Friday, Conservation Commissioner James Welsh ordered Texas Brine Co. to cease a type of earth-probing test aimed at seeing where gas is in the shallow rock under Bayou Corne.
Unusual geological event in USA on Saturday, 20 July, 2013

RSOE finally picked up on the sinkhole. I didn't copy the whole description that was written due to copyright but the sinkhole is finally being acknowledged. Things are NOT getting better. It is not on the RSOE map but listed in the long time or rolling events.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

My appologies, I was typing that article while studying for class, the lecture was on fracking lol.

Now what I meant was a natural frackout caused by a man made disaster. The principles of loosening the soil to allow gasses an oil to be released it was happened around the sinkhole. Of course they were not fracking, but many say this has been a natural frack out.

I really need to do more research. I knew there was volcanic activity in Arkansas, but I will look into it having more dealings with Louisiana. Send me a message of the info you have and I can start my research there

qmantoo, here is a video of Bourdreaux doing that depth test, I should of posted the video instead of the link within a link.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This comment can be found in the additional comments of the inspection form for 07/20/2013, found here

Sinkhole activity yesterday: burped up new amounts of hydrocarbons and debris. Significant water movement within the sinkhole during event.
Continuing attempts by the parish OEP to measure depth of latest fissure within the sinkhole (the bottom of the upside witchhat). A new 750' measuring tool was still inadequate to measure. Consistent bubbling just north of Well Pad 3.

IMO, they should refrain from using the term "fissure". It conjures images of volcanic activity in my mind; and they are looking for the bottom, not a "fissure". The bottom of the sinkhole is collapsing.

Remember this diagram? The direct link to the sinkhole depth survey released 06/18/2013 can be found here.

On the 7th of June the bottom was rather flat and only 140' deep. The deepest it had every been found to be was back in October 2012 (the yellow line in the diagram), at 440' deep.
Now it is 750'+

The seismic surveys didn't show obvious voids. Maybe the continuous release of gases since the last survey has created voids that the rock is now settling down into? Just a guess.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

no apologies necessary, this event is certainly a learning experience for all that appear interested.

speaking of 'studies', how's it going ??
kudos to ya, i know i couldn't focus worth a darn with the ongoing disaster looming daily.

i get the 'frackout' relativity, i simply don't agree.
to me, that sounds like an attempt to rationalize that which is completely unknown or a piss poor attempt to minimalize a growing concern

be that as it may, this is no time to be complacent about the increasing potential of this ongoing monstrosity.

thank you for the D Dupre article, i read it and wish the best for the whistleblowers.
it is good to read that some people view revealing the truth worth the risk.

btw, a 'natural' frackout doesn't occur, EVER.
there is no evidence that mother Earth functions in such a manner.
(am i picking at the language ? definitely.)

there is no point in rationalizing the plundering and poisoning that produces a 'frackout', ever.

whether or not this event shows similar signs of a frackout, such a rationalization is dangerous to anyone who accepts it.

i will forward some info your way but i'm curious what would help you, specifically.

the Arkansas diamond mine should give everyone a clue about its volcanic attributes. volcanic 'pipes/flutes' are where the diamonds are produced ... and the flutes are probably where you should begin.

Arkansas diamond hunting/mining
let's not forget the Arkansas River that transverses the lowlands of Kansas coupled with the recent "oil rush" going on there.

Arkansas geology
kimberlites & lamproites
Arkansas encyclopedia

while there may be miles between the two locations, the underground is still connected, even if only by water.
and anything that reaches the water table, eventually travels with the currents.
(including the gases)

*** for some reason i just had a flashback from the movie Dante's Peak, where the couple were found in a hot spring along the mountainside ... to simply say they were dead would be an understatement.

and all the while, some of these ongoing 'gas releases' are being produced by disposed NORM, remember ?????

thanks for the worm pics too ... that is simply amazing.
i do wonder if any scientists are examining them for toxicity or radioactivity

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My question is = How come They didn't get another reel of line and attach it to the line They already dropped? Make no sense to me! That was an exercise in futility!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

they probably had no idea that it had gotten so deep.
just a guess.
that is pretty shocking really.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

because a reading greater than 3 digits would signal a devastating development best kept quiet for now.

sorry, couldn't resist

why resolve the answer in one session when they can bill for more ??
besides, the more they can claim as an expense substantially reduces their financial ability to make the evacuated residents 'whole' again.
(it's all part of the money game)

just for fun, who (which company) did TB sub-contract the act of measuring to ??
then, check the board members of said sub-contractor and you'll likely see the obvious links.

btw, as DOW becomes a more active participant ... don't lose sight of the Big Hum ... if they aren't careful, it'll light up like Centralia, PA ... then what ?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
just a odd question, not sure if anyone has any idea,

but at what depth is the magma in that area at?

kind of curious, if this thing keeps getting deeper, and all this water
reaches the magma chamber, ....

well.. bad images are flashing in my mind... i would think fresh water and
magma mixed would cause one heck of a boom when it met up.

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join