It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

It's the whole enchilada. That's the rough outline of top of the entire dome.

Oxy 3 is one of the caverns in the whole dome. That list you've referenced and done the search with are all of the caverns (I believe) in the dome.

As for how big the entire dome is, think mountain. Or rather HUGE plateau. Several miles in the long dimension, it's ellipsoidal. CajunBoy might be able to give us an idea of the distances involved. I don't see a scale on that map, nor the original source.

reply to post by happykat39

I know that

I suppose the second sentence you quoted should have said , "We've since learned..."

I should have been a bit more explicit.

All,

So they've now admitted that it's thermogenic methane (how long have I been hammering on this fact?) that's coming up from the bubble sites and it is coming from even deeper than the aquifer. The aquifer is being charged from beneath by an unknown quantity of methane and that methane is taking the paths of least resistance and is coming up all throughout the area.

There is no way to know, perhaps, exactly how much more methane is down there and there is equally no way to stop it from continuing to be released though the current and future pathways.

Am I wrong?
edit on 5-5-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: More to say

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
So this possibly means the dome is fractured?
Yes. I think that all signs point this. What we have been reading and the information that they have been dribbling out seems to imply that the dome is fractured. How fractured, well time will tell.

Here is a recent report that leave much out but does leave one wondering. Sinkholes: The hole truth

But Martin also admits the sinkhole could continue to grow for another year or two. "When is this going to end? Is it going to end correctly? My concern is about, will it happen again?" said Marylee Orr, the executive director of LEAN, the Louisiana Environmental Action Network. The group says Bayou Corne's disaster should be a warning to other communities about developing in sinkhole-prone areas.
This article to me seems to say one thing then the opposite. I started the link at page 2 because that is where it mainly talks about our sinkhole.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
May 4, 2013:

The Office of Conservation and Assumption Parish Incident Command are advising the public that Fugro is flying its helicopter-borne EM survey equipment this morning, beginning with a test pass to make sure the area is clear of navigation hazards and conduct equipment calibration. That test will be followed by the EM survey flight, intended to provide information on shallow subsurface in the Bayou Corne area. The survey will be done at relatively low altitudes, but no lower than 500 feet, through mid to late afternoon. If the weather remains clear, the survey will finish today.
Assumption Parish So I guess we will wait and see what new images and data they release.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Another video by rainbeaudais. This video was quite eye opening. Look at where this well is going in. This is in the middle of a neighborhood, not the unpopulated areas. This is a lovely area.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I like this womens perception in the video. She saw that the bird was observing what was happening there. Hopefully the bird will have enough sense to move to a different area. The fact that they are putting this vent well in town means they are aware there could be a problem and are monitoring it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I'll go out sometime this week and get some pictures of the finished vent later this week and have a talk with rainbeau
edit on 5-5-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The micro earthquakes have prompted another work stoppage around Oxy 3 and within the berm.
Policy Jury 12:15p.m. update

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am not sure if this was posted yet about 2 new vent wells in the middle of the community but yea, they drilled and are setting up 2 vent wells right along side Hwy 70 in some people's front yard. Here is a map out of where they put them.

Now can they say that it is unsafe to live here if they are flaring gas right from under the community!?
edit on 5-5-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Now can they say that it is unsafe to live here if they are flaring gas right from under the community!?
I do wonder if this is area is part of the mandatory evacuation area. I notice that their command post is right next to one of these wells. If you see the command post packing up & moving then I think the residence should do the same.

I saw that map on the Bayou Corne Sinkhole FB page. This is the info on the wells:

Preliminary reports are that :
ORW 36 was perforated at 113-117 feet, and had a 4-6 foot column of gas, and had 48 PSI.
ORW 37 was perforated at 124-128 feet, and had almost a 4 foot column of gas, and had 0 PSI.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Just curious. Is this one of the site's that rainbeaudais video was refering to?

edit on 5-5-2013 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In my poking around today, I found some interesting pdfs with some interesting images on them.

Google is our friend...and our enemy too :-)
location of all the domes in the Napoleonville salt dome.

PDF confirms side of Oxy3 cavern collapse at 5600 feet that fractured to the surface creating sinkhole. Sidewall collapse, not roof, which is unprecedented and caused the filling up with debris 1-2 feet per day after the initial collapse.

These pictures come from the PDFs I found.

Napoleonville Salt Dome caverns and top of dome

Napoleonville Salt Dome Location

Napoleonville Salt Dome active site locations

edit on 6 May 2013 by qmantoo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
vent wells in family neighborhoods???...the wealthy oil companies and their investors own you and your family. but hey, there is more important things to get mad about, like backround checks for gun buyers, and abortions, and gay people getting married......
so....how much gas fumes will adults and their children be breathing there?....all day...all night while you sleep, oh never mind, those oil companies say it's safe, and everyone knows they tell the truth.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Yes it is, she was just across the street from it. When they are complete and flaring, I'll get some pics for y'all.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Yes it is, she was just across the street from it. When they are complete and flaring, I'll get some pics for y'all.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Sad to read about peoples dream homes becoming danger zones. This article says that the sinkholes is "15.1 acres at the surface."

the father of two adult sons, said he has not evacuated because he has not been afraid of the sinkhole since it formed. About a month ago, however, gas started bubbling up underneath a deck in one corner of his oblong pond, Pipsair said.
Reluctant to leave home Please note that this house is on the north side of 70 where the gas was discovered under two homes last month.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I found this video today. It just made me burst out in tears. This

I can say I have tried to do as much research on this as I can. I don't get alot of time on the computer these days. When I'm looking at numbers and all the siemo's it makes me nervous. Sometimes I forget that all this scientific stuff is just the tip of the iceberg. Their are people's lives that are being destroyed.

This disaster needs to be put out front in the media. The whole world should be paying attention to this.

That tragetdy that happen that family in florida, got more media response than this.

This could be hundreds of people disappearing in one nite.
edit on 6-5-2013 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

Dang Im trying again

crud. I have the worst luck with links. I'll try to find another one

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The sinkhole alert level has been raised to 3

Celestial Convergence

Assumption Parish Police Jury

Seismic monitoring had detected a sustained increase in the trend of micro-earthquake (MEQ) activity in the area around the sinkhole and Oxy 3 over the past week, and a marked uptick in MEQs in the past day. This pattern of MEQ increase has been identified as an indicator of likely shifting and sloughing in the sinkhole and the area below it,

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Our baby burped this morning.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
Our baby burped this morning.
Awww.... how sweet! LOL! So that is what all those tremors were about. I really would love to see a video of a burp. It is not fair that they keep those events private. Did anything spew high?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

unreported

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join