It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
When someone can, check the recorders quick! Lots of activity in the past couple hours!

Which charts are you reading? I checked the University of Memphis Helicorder page and the most recent high activity was around noon yesterday and appears to be the daily mish mash of noise we usually see at that time of day.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

When someone can, check the recorders quick! Lots of activity in the past couple hours!

Which charts are you reading? I checked the University of Memphis Helicorder page and the most recent high activity was around noon yesterday and appears to be the daily mish mash of noise we usually see at that time of day.
I looked there also and there seems to be some small movements prior to midnight be I am unsure of traffic, trains and aren't there storms in the area? So there was a squiggles but unsure. But then our sinkhole is a learning process so what we could say is normal due to traffic/work activity could be something else.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Morning CajunBoy. Are these squiggles what you were asking about? They are from this mag 7.0 in Indonesia. (probably be revised down in a few days)

image source

There are a couple of very, very small tremors at the sinkhole, probably lower than mag 1.0. Nothing exceptional or out of ordinary for the area, that I see...
edit on 4/6/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/6/2013 by Olivine because: forgot my source

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Thanks everyone! Btw the stink that was in NOLA the other day was a chemical spill at an Exxonmobil plant in Chalmette, east of the city. Chemicals spilled was our friend hydrogen sulfide and benzene.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Olivine

Thanks everyone! Btw the stink that was in NOLA the other day was a chemical spill at an Exxonmobil plant in Chalmette, east of the city. Chemicals spilled was our friend hydrogen sulfide and benzene.

Oh goodie.......now people are gonna start having central nervous problems.......the people who put this stuff in the ground ought to be shot.......
Wow, I really wish some of my bad decisions sent me on a two week cruise somewhere.......It's SICKINING.......I wanna get way over paid to make really bad decisions. I'd bury the sh!t in the CEO's back yard.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There appears to be a lot more than the normal daytime activity showing on the helicorders for LA11, LA12 and LA14.

NOTE: - These pages update in near real time so they will become out of date eventually and shift off the right edge of the page in 7 days. Until then just CLICK HERE and open the links for 04/08/2013.

LA 11 AM

LA11 PM

LA12 AM

LA12 PM

LA14 AM

LA14 PM

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If it has not been done already,I really think the residents of the affected area need to organize for a day and picket outside Bobby Jindals office. Just call all the major news station in NO, Shreveport, and Baton Rouge and notify them of their plans. Just picket outside his office for a few days if possible, refuse to leave until they are addressed. It sounds like they need a strong leader, what happened with Erin Brokovich?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It seems to be bigger now.
Legal Expert: Giant sinkhole now roughly as big as the Superdome — A humanitarian crisis in center of Louisiana
enenews.com...
www.louisianaweekly.com...
Sinkhole at 300 ft. is Superdome-sized
www.stuarthsmith.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think this would be a great time to start playing Deftone's, there's a "hole in the earth" aha

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It looks like things have calmed down for a bit at the ol' sinkhole. But we all know that any time it calms down it just ends up being "the calm before the storm". So I am going to keep watching and waiting for the other shoe to drop, and hope the thud isn't too loud.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Have you seen any new numbers regarding the depth of the sinkhole? The last numbers I remember seeing were a couple of weeks ago if I remember correctly. I may have missed anything posted since then

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by happykat39

Have you seen any new numbers regarding the depth of the sinkhole? The last numbers I remember seeing were a couple of weeks ago if I remember correctly. I may have missed anything posted since then

I am sure that something has been reported in one of the many updates on the sinkhole, but I don't remember seeing specific new information on the depth. But it has to be getting shallower with all the stuff being sucked in, unless there is more material being washed or dissolved out. The fluid movement shown by the helicorders is worrisome to say the least. Anything liquid that can dissolve salt flowing through a salt dome is a problem.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There is finally a new update at Celestial Convergence that has a little new information. Below is the headline from the linked article.

Tracking Developments At The Giant Louisiana Sinkhole - A Humanitarian Crisis Is Happening As The Sinkhole Expands To Be Roughly As Big As The Massive Louisiana Superdome!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Watching & waiting... nasty weather hitting the sinkhole area. Let's hope all are safe. Let's hope the lightening stays away.

Blue Ribbon has a presentation... Paper Flurry from Blue Ribbons + Thurs.News Click the blue and you can see it.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Give everyone a heads up, I will be having a camping trip to the area Saturday.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Looking forward to your "boots on the ground" updates--but be CAREFUL!!! Area seems so volatile :-/

Second line

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

How are the storms down there? I have been seeing severe weather alerts for that area. Our sinkhole loved to grow after a good storm. I have been checking CERI and things are looking whacked. i am putting it down to the weather.

BTW- have fun camping.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I have been checking CERI and things are looking whacked.

I have noticed the strange traces on the seismographs too. It looks like they stole some of the lines from one of Vincent Van Gogh's schizophrenic period paintings.
edit on 11-4-2013 by happykat39 because: typo

I couldn't find the Van Gogh cat I was referring to but this one is similar from a different artist.

Click on the thumbnails for full size charts.

edit on 11-4-2013 by happykat39 because: added thumbnails

edit on 11-4-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Give everyone a heads up, I will be having a camping trip to the area Saturday.

Take care and be safe friend. The sinkhole can be dangerous enough without the storms predicted for the area. If you are using a tent make sure to drive the stakes extra deep so you don't get blown away.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hi all, just popping in

I looked at the IRIS Bud reports/helecorder. There is a _ton_ of cultural noise present. There were a few minor quakes thatn could have been more cavern collapse.

Please remember that the CERI helecorder images are not as good as the IRIS Bud viewer.
CERI is good for a quick daily snapshot, so if you see something odd you can look at IIRS for a better view.

Also weather will distort the heck out of any signals, so keep in mind what the weather is like there.

M>

edit on 11-4-2013 by Moshpet because: M+A+T+H = 42

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join