It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have a feeling that they put a layer of diesel on the top of the NORM or whatever liquid is in the dome. I dont remember what the reason for this is, but it IS strange that this diesel is still coming out after all this time and huge amounts of ejected contents. Maybe there is another reason or maybe it is the crude oil 'volatiles' which is being smelt by people. Has it been analysed to determine it is in fact deisel?

I still think we need a personal contact with someone locally on the ground in the 'authorities' to find out more about this sinkhole issue or at least what their opinion is at the moment. Some of the official websites have not been updated and are definitely out-of-date.

This is something which we need to keep on top of as the flow of information is vital to the people who live locally and in my opinion, they should be banding together to demand to get copies of any reports or information which the local authorities obtain from the various agencies. Anyone?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Some new fly-over footage for you.

Aunt B, one night I will write you a long PM on some unknown info on love canal. I hope the mods don't limit the length of PM's lol

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

share ??
pics and a pm ??
curiousity is getting the best of me

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

share ??
pics and a pm ??
curiousity is getting the best of me

ditto

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

(Jumping up and down excitedly)

Me too ? Me Too?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo Maybe there is another reason or maybe it is the crude oil 'volatiles' which is being smelt by people. Has it been analysed to determine it is in fact deisel?

they should be banding together to demand to get copies of any reports or information which the local authorities obtain from the various agencies. Anyone?
It seems the authorities down there are selective in the information that they release. For months we have been waiting for results of the material they tested in the collapsed cavern. As far as I recall no results were released. Also, we have been wanting to see testing on the oil that they are gathering. It would be nice to know if it is the same as the oil in the BP spill. I guess I need to start writing again and sic some enviro groups on them.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Some new fly-over footage for you.

Aunt B, one night I will write you a long PM on some unknown info on love canal. I hope the mods don't limit the length of PM's lol

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Aircooled I look forward to any information that you can share. I find that as I research I keep digging and find more questions and more of a tangled web. I do remember Love Canal, though I was young for some reason it has stayed with me throughout my life.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I need to watch that flyover a few more times. It was a nice long one that gave us a full shot of the sinkhole & neighborhood. I kept looking at the trees and want to look some more. Also anyone notice how huge that oil sheen was. I need to look again to see if I can see an oil in the canals in front of the homes.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
RSOE EDIS
8 hours ago
Enviroment pollution in Bayou Corne sinkhole, Louisiana (10 photos)
Photos: OnWingsOfCare.org Date: 02/04/2013 — in Bayou Corne, LA.
I saw these on FB this morning...don't know how 'new' they are..??

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Just saw this video this morning. I wanted to share it...

Really feel for these people!!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Those are from the flyover yesterday. That is quite the oil sheen. We have heard that they are making quite a bit of money off the oil they are taking from this hole. I just really don't see how they can contain this and keep it from flowing down stream.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
Okay it seems like we are waiting for some good up-dates we are all thinking & researching. I have been digging and I have a question..... did we miss this article???? Gas found in aquifer previously Highlights to the article...

The latest release of natural gas discovered in an underground aquifer near Bayou Corne may be the third time in the past 13 years that gas has been loosed in shallow formations over or near the subterranean Napoleonville salt dome, according to a review of regulatory filings.
This tells me that this whole dome has issues. I would have thought the sinkhole was the start but this is the 3rd time. I found a quote from a local who mentioned the "third time" and started digging. The article above is a keeper.

I am slowly working my way through all the links in this article.
Original name of the Bayou Corne salt dome — HOOKER well — VULCAN well
This was originally a Hooker well. Hooker chemicals is best known for Love Canal. It just bothers me that these companies had products near something that failed eventually. I hope that makes sense.

So it appears the dangers of this happening have been known about for at least 13 years? And the suppressed............strange that...........

It is about time all MNC's that engage in this kind of behaviour started to face the consequences. CEO's should be rounded up and sent to prison (where applicable) and shareholders should be forced to contribute significantly to any clean up costs. It should not be passed on to the Public purse.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Saw this on the Sinkhole FB page. Which can be found HERE

9:45 a.m. Gas Presence Found Beneath Residence by assumptionla Texas Brine contractors have reported and verified that a home on a slab, located on Sauce Piquante Lane, has the presence of gas under the slab of both the home and the shed. Monitoring will continue to check for gas presence at this location.

It looks like the house is on the other side of 70.
edit on 3-4-2013 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

The quote says 3 incidents. Three! One was the Christmas day evacuation and we have this sinkhole but what was the third? I am not finding a third incident. I am curious as to the location.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Flavian

The quote says 3 incidents. Three! One was the Christmas day evacuation and we have this sinkhole but what was the third? I am not finding a third incident. I am curious as to the location.

Me too, to be be honest. I may be watching this from afar but it is with a growing sense of dread for those that live in the immediate area. I think (judging from your link) that at least one incident may stretch back the full 13 years, otherwise why mention that figure in the report? (if that makes sense!).

What is becoming more and more apparent to the general public (and has been known higher up for decades) is that that whole region (Gulf of Mexico) is completely geologically unstable. Therefore any actions that disturb the geology should be highly sensitive and very highly monitored. If it was my choice, i would go further and say no oil wells, no salt cavern storage, etc, etc. But then it is easy for me because i am not beholden to any big business!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Gas is starting to be discovered under people's home.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

That's insane....get out man.

Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
Gas is starting to be discovered under people's home.
I am reading it is now under 2 homes, but the day is early so who knows. I hope the people are packing now.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

reply to post by Flavian

CB, do you know where the 3rd incident took place? Date or time? Could you ask some of your sources. I would truly appreciate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join