It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

All of it, it wouldnt be unusual of it settles a few inches, but the entire thing is.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I am going to post this on both these threads because I think that although we may realise it, it needs to be said in black and white for people to read.

There are already at least two events going on right now in the world which cannot be stopped and have got totally out of control. They must play out to their conclusion. A conclusion which will probably cause the deaths of thousands.

One is this Fukushima event which is ongoing and which at some point will spill the contents of spent fuel pool #4 and with it will trigger a huge release of radiation into the atmosphere. This release will kill far more people and will cause many more to become ill and die prematurely. Not only that but our oceans and atmoshpere is being contaminated with a lethal poison which cannot be overcome.

Think about that - that is our water and our air.

The other event which cannot be stopped is the Bayou Corne sinkhole which is collapsing and will claim the contents of at least 2 salt dome contents when it collapses. There is explosive gas stored there which is going to be released when the collapse occurs. As I understand it, there is possibly a weakness in the Earth's crust which may cause other problems there too. Although this event is not as far-reaching as Fukushima, if things go badly, it could cause a major loss of life both in the initial explosion and as a result of the periphery damage caused by chemical factories and manafacturing plants, and power stations being affected.

Am I being too dramatic by saying all this? Is it a true summary of the world events right now?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I'm picking up what your laying down man and think you're right on the money. I think you could even back it up and say the BP oil spill was the start, then Fuku, now we have forever changed the face of this planet. I know it remains to be seen whether the sinkhole and oil spill are related, but some of the things I've read make sense. Now if we could just get more people to wake up and care.
love,
heather

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

The other event which cannot be stopped is the Bayou Corne sinkhole which is collapsing and will claim the contents of at least 2 salt dome contents when it collapses. There is explosive gas stored there which is going to be released when the collapse occurs. As I understand it, there is possibly a weakness in the Earth's crust which may cause other problems there too. Although this event is not as far-reaching as Fukushima, if things go badly, it could cause a major loss of life both in the initial explosion and as a result of the periphery damage caused by chemical factories and manafacturing plants, and power stations being affected.

Am I being too dramatic by saying all this? Is it a true summary of the world events right now?
I understand what you are saying though I really don't want to accept it. I read your post earlier then did some research. I noticed in my reading that there is a company actually putting natural gas into the dome. I realize the ones closed to the sinkhole are the ones most in danger but to put more gasses in that are seems insane to me. Why? Why would a company put a substance in a salt dome that has a compromised cavern? This situation is far from over and in other areas of this dome it is business as usual.

Now regarding Fuku. I read that thread at times but it is overwhelming. I do question the effect that is has had on the people here in America. I met these people who moved from CA. The baby was born a few months after the earthquake and melt down. These people are the sickest people, I joke you not they have issues eating. I personally think it is radiation effects.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well I dunno, the long term ramifications are pretty messed up all around.

If I had to say which disaster is going to do more damage in the long term, it'd be Fukushima.
As for short term high impact damage at the sinkhole, it would depend on how much of the flammable materiel went bang at one time.

It is quite conceivable that we may just get a roman candle type of effect, or a propane torch/rocket engine effect, or a series of minor explosions... and or the huge 'big bang.' Personally I am betting on the roman candle / blowtorch effect. Largely due to what I saw in the first Gulf War with the burning wells.

I saw the Parish news letter bit about the slough in today, wasn't a big surprise.

I would like to see the results of the scanning they did, though I suspect they are being very hush hush as not to frighten folks.

M.

edit on 28-3-2013 by Moshpet because: 42

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Yes, it's too much for any one person to take in, dissect, understand, and explain to others. Much better if folks find their niche and cover one or more aspect and specialize. You'll end up pounding a lot more nails in their coffin that way. Each person working in some area of uncovering, and then you all hash out the findings together. It works.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
In looking into the possible connection between the Macando wellhead blowout and the sinkhole, I came across the following:

The Gulf of Mexico's Salty Foundation

Over the millions of years since, that salt has been loaded – pushed down and weight added – by many kilometers of younger sediments. Because the salt is less dense than the sediments above it, it begins to rise in fantastic pillars known as diapirs, piercements (because they “pierce” the overlying material), or salt domes.

This is true for huge portions of the Gulf Coast. I live on Galveston island and grew up in the area my entire life and we have salt domes under the "land" here as well.

It's all sediments that have washed downstream and built up over eons on top of these salt domes that come from evaporated seas.

The architecture of these rising salt-cored domes is complicated; they deform the sediments above them. This complexity is one of the main reasons the Gulf of Mexico is the important oil and gas province that it is. The structures produced in the subsurface trap gas and oil against the salt, which itself is impermeable, so those hydrocarbon fluids pond against the sides of the salt, where they can be found and extracted.

There's so much petroleum that hasn't been found yet that I don't think scarcity is really an issue, especially when you consider the case for abiotic oil

That brings up a whole other topic not necessarily related.

Now, this doesn't necessarily prove a connection, but it does provide for a direction of possible more detailed research.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Evening all,
Took a bit of a break to do some work on stuff, and of course things were really moving today.

LA12- Earlier today

LA12- This evening.

CERI on LA 12, for this afternoon/evening had some decent indicators of movement for a change.

So you can bet things will likely get moved back up to level 3 status, with more reports of slough ins.

Hang in there.
M.

edit on 28-3-2013 by Moshpet because: 42

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Louisiana Senator Rick Ward, III, has introduced a bill SB139 regarding underground caverns. Cosponsor on the bill is Karen St. Germain.

Present law provides for penalties for any person who violates a rule, regulation, or order of the commissioner of conservation.
*Proposed law retains present law and provides that any person found to be in violation of any requirement, rule, regulation, or order related to the drilling or use of underground caverns issued by the commissioner may be liable for a civil penalty , to be assessed by the commissioner or the court, of not more than the cost to the state of any response action made necessary by the violation and a penalty of not more than $32,500 per day of the violation. Further provides that if the violation is done intentionally , willfully , or knowingly , or results in a discharge or disposal which causes severe damage to the environment or which endangers human life or death, the person may be liable for an additional penalty of not more than $1 million.
*Proposed law provides that any person found to be in violation of any rule, regulation, or order related to the drilling or use of underground caverns may be subject to revocation or suspension of any permit, license, or variance which has been issued.
*Proposed law provides that any person who has been issued a compliance order or a cease and desist order and who fails to take corrective action within the time specified will be liable for a civil penalty to be assessed by the commissioner or the court of no more than $50,000 per day of the violation.
*Proposed law provides criteria for assessing the amount of the penalty . Proposed law requires the commissioner to provide an opportunity for relevant and material public comment relative to any penalty which may be imposed at a penalty determination hearing.
*Proposed law provides that if the penalty assessed by the commissioner is upheld in full or part, the commissioner will be entitled to legal interest. Further provides that if the penalty is vacated or reduced as a result of an appeal of the assessment, the court will award to the respondent legal interest.
**Effective upon signature of governor or lapse of time for gubernatorial action. (Amends R.S. 30:148.9(B); adds R.S. 30:18(A)(6))

I appreciate someone out there trying to protect the land and I realize that no money in the world could bring back the loss that the sinkhole has swallowed. It does make me happy that this issue will be addressed in the Senate and that maybe a future catastrophe can be averted.

Link to whole bill: SB139 by Senator Rick Ward, III
edit on 29-3-2013 by AuntB because: linked bill

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I know this has been posted before but this is a great link to the seismos at the sinkhole. I find it easier then going to CERI plus the info is archived. I do believe some one on ATS is the author of this.

Seismogram pages for YC.LA11-16, ESG2,4,8 Stations

BTW today there seems to be some activity. The sinkhole was shut down so.....

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have been collecting RSS feeds on this issue since almost the start and I now have 70 pages(690 items) of RSS items relating to the Bayou Corne Sinkhole. We may find that some of the early ones contain information about the radioactive waste, but the ones I have clicked on, only mention that they said it was NORM waste and they dont specify what constitutes NORM.

I think a letter or question to the right people could prove really useful because if they are asked a direct question, I am sure they can be prosecuted for lying.

Here is an article from the early days.

Here is my site of related RSS feeds (click on "RSS feeds")

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

That page is maintained by PuterMan he put the page together shortly after I asked him to take a look at the seismometers that had been installed to monitor the progress of the sink hole.

I knew that there could easily be a lot of misinterpretation of different signals on the monitors, but I also knew that I don't posses enough depth in the subject to be able to discern the differences.

He's one I trust in matters dealing with instruments, different signals, and interpretation.

I love that be archives everything too, so you can readily go back and look when a slough in is announced and see what it looks like on the monitors.

I'm glad we've got some quake nerds in this thread.

And CajunBoy, you would probably be surprised to find the number of people following this thread, but don't post. I've witnessed that many times in threads I've participated in and in one or two that I've started.

Learned a lot of interesting things from various people here (shout out to honor); keep your eyes peeled and you never know what you'll learn.
edit on 30-3-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: Typos

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm getting word that the berm is starting to be swallowed up. Started yesterday, if someone already posted this sorry, typing this before reading everything.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
I'm getting word that the berm is starting to be swallowed up. Started yesterday, if someone already posted this sorry, typing this before reading everything.

I have spent nearly an hour looking for anything on the berm sinking. So far I have found nothing much past the access ramp sinking for anything going under. Do you have a source where you heard it from, or is it just rumor at this time.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
One of my close friends was on site today. His family owns a good portion of land, something like 100 acres adjacent to the hole. He was on site to negotiate a buyout. He see it half missing and was told it was sucked up Friday, about half an acre. I'm trying to get permission to post some of these photos he sent me.

Right now, the most truthful news coming out is word of mouth, they have not been reporting everything.
edit on 31-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
I have been collecting RSS feeds on this issue since almost the start and I now have 70 pages(690 items) of RSS items relating to the Bayou Corne Sinkhole. We may find that some of the early ones contain information about the radioactive waste, but the ones I have clicked on, only mention that they said it was NORM waste and they dont specify what constitutes NORM.

I think a letter or question to the right people could prove really useful because if they are asked a direct question, I am sure they can be prosecuted for lying.

Here is an article from the early days.

Here is my site of related RSS feeds (click on "RSS feeds")

NORM_- Naturally Occuring Radioactive Materials......one mother of a dirty bomb in the ground, sorry to say.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I know we have talked about the possibility that there is methane hydrate under this area and maybe some methane is escaping from these deposits in the Gulf into this area. So I though it may be interesting to read this article which specifically mentions BP and others doing tests to extract it. Particularly snce we speculated that the Deepwater Horizon incident may have caused some of this or at least made it worse.

methane hydrates article from txchnologist.com.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

NORM_- Naturally Occuring Radioactive Materials......one mother of a dirty bomb in the ground, sorry to say.

Actually, I think they are TENORMs and as such could certainly be less than beneficial to our health.

Technologically-Enhanced, Naturally-Occurring Radioactive Material (TENORM) is produced when activities such as uranium mining, or sewage sludge treatment, concentrate or expose radioactive materials that occur naturally in ores, soils, water, or other natural materials.

Petroleum extraction also produces concentrated NORMs in the form of scales and liquid waste. Some of this is significantly above background levels and what's worse many of them are the particulate type which could become lodged within tissue.

I've been using my best googlefu to try and find anspecofic inventory of what's down there with no luck yet.
edit on 1-4-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: Typo

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

well back at ya JC, how ya been ?
this here is some hole isn't it ?

ya know what's really messed up ?
some days i wonder if it'll evolve to the point where some random cajun, smoking down by the bayou on a sunny day, miles away, spontaneously combusts before ppl realize just how out of control this really is.

maybe some of this info will help you with your googling ... this link is to one of the first emergency directives i came across that made me go hmmmmm ...

i cannot seem to copy/paste excerpts of it, so please pay attention to paragraphs 2 (last sentence), 4 (increased methane detected in wells -immediate remediation warranted), 5 (health dangers) and then notice 'to whom' this directive is issued ... it isn't Texas Brine.

Pontchartrain Natural Gas Systems stores in the Dome and their caverns are evidently close to the sinkhole, hence the directive.

should you continue reading the directive, notice #s 3, and 5
knowing you, my friend, your google skills work just fine when you know what you're really searching.

to find 'storage' info, first you need to know who is storing there

TBrine isn't 'storing', that should be your first clue.

ps ... the company i see with the greatest amount of storage (caverns & volume) at the Napoleonville Dome structure is none other than DOW.

you'll probably appreciate this too, it's the original farm-out of the site via Golden Gate Petroleum.
link

here's a start ... dnr assets
i'm sure there are other reports available as this one is old (9/2012) but, storage is storage and if any of the 'operators/wells' are active, then their volume numbers likely increased.

however, they also may have decreased, depending on who (operator & location) it is, as some are removing their pressurized storage, hence the lengthy time needed to complete the process.

reply to post by happykat39

[color=amber]That is a scenario I haven't seen yet, but it does make a sort of sick sense considering the ethical and moral values of many of our government and business leaders.
that scenario has been around for about as long as you have or a bit longer.
(can link sources from the 70s & early 80s, you interested?)

reply to post by qmantoo

you are correct.
the dangerous methane concentrations were detected and specifically addressed in the directive linked above (in this post)

reply to post by AuntB

any chance you could/would post some stills from that video that some of us (me) can't watch

hmmmmm, that's an interesting theory you present.
i'll expand on that in a later post, k?
in summary, you're on to something good, keep digging.

Corexit can never be 'fingered' as a culprit due to its proprietary components.
however, that will never change the obvious and ongoing interactions with the environment saturated in it.

the tides will continue and the corexit will be dispersed just as it was ... this cannot be denied or disputed.

later on the rest.

thanks to all and i'm glad to read many more are sharing their thoughts ... welcome to the thread.

it is sad to accept defeat but at this stage, there just is no mitigating or controlling that which is unknown.
if nothing else, Katrina taught this generation that absolute truth.

it is good that so very many have the time and opportunity to adapt and make necessary changes before all is lost.

thanks for all the contributions, i've some catching up to do.

oh yeah ... reply to post by CajunBoy

if you're friend has never encountered such a situation previously, suggest he doesn't get snowballed at/near 48%. if cajuns really are stubborn, tell him to stand firm.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

That is a scenario I haven't seen yet, but it does make a sort of sick sense considering the ethical and moral values of many of our government and business leaders.

that scenario has been around for about as long as you have or a bit longer. (can link sources from the 70s & early 80s, you interested?)

Thank you for a very good post on the situation.

I did some Googling myself after that post and found out just what you stated; that the Algae farming idea has been around since before I wet my first diaper. I had seen it before as a possible food source (protein) just not for a biofuel source.

And as for the ethical and moral character of some people; well that has been the same since shortly after Adam took the bite out of the apple.

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join