It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I don't live anywhere near LA, but have been a longtime "lurker" (which to me means reading and learning) on this thread. In my "over simplified" opinion, it's at the which will come first "the chicken or the egg?" scenario.

With so many booms and "sounds" being reported (and noted in our ATS community) in the south east US, will a small EQ trigger the catastrophic collapse of Bayou Corne or will the 20 acre depression surrounding the 12 acre sinkhole cause an EQ further north. Again, just an amatuer here reading but, NEITHER threat will just "go away" and given the fragile nature of the salt domes 1, 2 and 3, EITHER could "go first."

Prayers and good thoughts for all in the area...(and I'm back to being a lurker).

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Glinda, you are welcome to stay out of the shadows. We value every ones opinions here.

There is a new update at Celestial Convergence today, Mar 27 2013.

SOURCE #1 - Celestial Convergence

Tracking Developments At The Giant Louisiana Sinkhole - New Cracks Observed And Dozens Of Trees Lost As Sinkhole Swallows Up More Land!

March 27, 2013 - UNITED STATES - About 25 trees fell into the Assumption Parish sinkhole and a new crack formed Monday night in a earthen well pad south of the lake-like slurry hole, state regulators said.
Experts working for the state Office of Conservation believe the collapse and cracked well pad are linked to now-calmed seismic events from late last week, officials said in a statement Tuesday.

Because of that connection, agency officials said the discovery did not halt work around the sinkhole and the area remains in emergency officials’ lowest “alert” status. Parish officials also estimated Tuesday that the edge collapse, or slough-in, probably bit off a quarter-acre from the formerly 13-acre sinkhole’s southeastern edge. More firm measurements are pending.

SOURCE #2 - The Advocate

Sinkhole swallows more trees

John Boudreaux, director of the parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, updated other activities in the sinkhole response Tuesday:

Data gathering for a critical three-dimensional seismic survey of the subsurface under the sinkhole ended Sunday and equipment is being collected. Results are due April 21.

Crews moved in a specialized drilling rig, called a snubbing unit, on Tuesday that can handle high pressures so they can begin clearing out blockages in a key access well to the failed Texas Brine cavern.

Early on Friday, experts detected an uptick in “very long period” tremors, a type of stretched-out seismic event, that have been linked to fluid and gas movement underground.

The tremors were detected under the sinkhole and around the failed Texas Brine cavern.

SOURCE #3 - Assumption Parish Police Jury

1:25 p.m. Slough-In Occurance/Advisory from the Office of Conservation

The Office of Conservation, in consultation with Assumption Parish Incident Command, is advising the public that a slough-in occurred last night along the southeastern side of the sinkhole – approximately 25 trees fell into the sinkhole along the southeastern side and a new crack, running parallel to the sinkhole edge, was observed on the Oxy 3 well pad access ramp to the sinkhole.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
More people are following this thread than I previously expected. It brings joy to my heart.
edit on 27-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Most of us have been with ya'll all along! I was even worried about you back when you were missing for a week during Mardi Gras and all that rain you had. It's funny but I almost feel like I know you guys through your writing personalities. This sinkhole just makes my heart hurt, I wish I could perticipate a little more, but spend alot of time holding my newborn son and it's so hard to type with one hand.

To comment on the last couple of pages, if have a hard time thinking people can be that organized as a group to bring about depopulation. I could be wrong, but I think all these environmental issues were brought on out of greed and nothing more. So sad, b/c we are all gonna pay the price.
love,
heather

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The berms they built around the sinkhole are starting to sink

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I don't think you guys can imagine how many people are following this thread - thanks so much for all of your timely information. We're all thinking, and praying, for you guys down there. Most of us don't have anything intelligent to add, so we don't gum up the tread.

That's what I was wondering - if the land around, outside, the berm is sinking, why are they bothering?

I hope the landowners get a good buyout quick, and get to safety. But, how far do you have to get away, to be safe?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Happy I think one reason for the berm is to contain the oil that is coming from the sinkhole. I know I read somewhere that they are testing the water that is flowing from the sinkhole and trying to determine how much is being washed down stream. Also the berm was used as an access road for equipment as they scoop debris from the hole.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Yep, it was built for contaminate containment. Say that 5 times fast lol. It just seems there will be no controlling the hazardous waste coming out.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by parksh

I read your post and it is sad. It is real sad for those that live in the area. I really enjoy this Rains videos. Throughout this whole thing, Rain has kept us posted with current images from the area. This video just broke my heart. The images of what is and the old videos... these people love their homes, they love the bayou, it is part of them. They are part of the nature, they respect, appreciate, it is them. This video was like a goodbye. It was sad because I think residents are finally realizing that part of their lives has been destroyed, there is no saving it.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Rainbaue is a good friend of mine and I talk to her everyday. Some of the info I get comes from her. She is a really sweet woman.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Hey CB love the use of the term "burp"
I have followed your posts down there and hope you stay safe. As for my cousin he lives in the NE of LA and hasn't heard about it but as AuntB pointed out he is a gamer and works swing shifts at a bag factory so he probably don't listen to much but the weather. Good luck to you, I will continue to follow as I have since the thread was started.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Thank you for the welcome and you are right...he didn't have any idea it was even going on. Hey some of us follow what's going on and others don't. I will keep in touch with him and see if I can report on any news they here north of there to see if it is played down in any way. Look forward to further interraction where I can add any relevant info!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
reply to post by AuntB

Rainbaue is a good friend of mine and I talk to her everyday. Some of the info I get comes from her. She is a really sweet woman.
She brought tears to my eyes today, could feel her pain. I would feel the same anguish if my home town was being destroyed.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Thanks for the video, gives me a viaual besides all the flyover shots. Oh how sad though, such a beautiful place. It's amazing how many people are so obilvious to the world around them and how many ecosystems are gonna pay the price for it. I can tell by the presentation of your posts sometimes you get really worked up like I do. I think about all the places my parents took my as a child because they wanted me to see the beauty and wonders of the world and so many of those places are disappearing. And people don't get it and people don't care, so how do you change it. I tell everyone I know about the sinkhole and Fuku in Japan just hoping someone else will spread the word. I've seen reports on those poor little sea lions and they say things like, we just don't know why this is happening, I'm like really they're starving b/c we've killed off all the food. Not to mention being poisoned on top of it. Starting to rant! Thanks again for the video, I couldn't imagine having to leave a place I love so much.
love,
heather

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
reply to post by AuntB

She really poured out her heart in that video. While I am not a local like CajunBoy and Rainbaue, I was still raised with a love of the earth by my family. I was born and raised in Chicago but nearly all of my extended family was from the south and I spent all of my summer vacations and most holidays on the farm. You do get a real appreciation for the land when you get "up close and personal" with it.

It is obvious now that the salt dome area is gone and done with. There is no way that this will end well for the whole area, and possibly much of southern Louisiana.

What I now pray for is that the greedy people responsible for this disaster pay through the nose for it, and that the displaced residents can eventually fine another little piece of southern heaven to call home.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hi all.

Well having gone over the graphs from today; I will not be surprised when they announce more slough ins.

LA12 Morning/afternoon.

LA12 Evening.

LA13 Morning/afternoon (lot of extra noise in the signal, but for contrast it's good to look at.)

LA13 Evening

M.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

HappyKat39, thank you for the kind welcome (I have been "here" for since this thread started...and I "jumped in" with the rapid events the last week.). I follow quite a few news sources and read alot and am still stunned by the national media's lack of coverage. To me so much of what is reported (and I include ALL current events) is agenda driven--like this major environmental story and the impact on so many lives in Louisiana is just not reported--and there is NO actual journalist who breaks ranks and "runs" with it. Truly it's the "citizen" journalists/bloggers who are doing the heavy lifting these days. The reporting "here" (done by individual posters) should put Columbia journalism grads (and their 100k plus student loans) to shame.

And that leads me to CajunBoy....PLEASE tell your friend Rain what an incredible piece she put together. Her video is haunting and just heartwrenching. It needs to go viral. And AuntB--thank you for posting the video!!!

Prayers for the safety of the people down in Bayou Corne.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Glinda because: Typos!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hey gang. I just popped in to say great thread. I'm lurking along whenever time permits. The similarities between this and the Japan disaster are most striking in the way information is hidden.
A suggestion.
One person takes on the job of just watching the documents, so subtle changes and slip-ups will be caught. We have our dear "Purplechive" on the big fukushima thread who took this task on long ago and it has paid off many times, but only a person watching the documents, constantly would have caught the discrepancies.
Somewhere late one night, when I was gathering up some info to post on Japan, I skimmed something on Bayou Corne about this so-called "natural radiation" being emitted there. I thought I saw a reference to "am 241"
The next day I thought "Wait a minute... americum 241 is not natural, it's man made".
The last thing anybody needs to top off this mess, is a cavern filled with nuclear waste, somewhere nearby, leaking.
I have no link to any documents. Maybe I misread it? It was late at night over a week ago and like I say... I was hunting down something else at the time. All I can suggest is to keep your eyes peeled and feed "the officials" to the gators, every chance you get.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Whoa!!! reading your posts puts me in the need to start digging. Your suggestion of someone really focusing on one aspect is very smart. Sometimes I feel like I lose pieces cause I bounce from the latest news to the next burp. You are correct that sometimes things or written stuff seems to change. I swear I saw DOW reports but can't find them now.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
New Flyovers 3/28/2013

And another one.

Also, CB is the whole berm or just one side that is starting to tilt. Also I read that the south side is weaker???

Also from the Parish site:

The Office of Conservation, in consultation with Assumption Parish Incident Command, is advising the public that the Oxy 3/sinkhole monitoring alert status has been raised to Code 2 – requiring all work directly in and over the sinkhole to cease until further notice. Seismic monitoring has detected elevated subsurface activity in the area around the sinkhole and Oxy 3 area indicative of fluid and gas movement below the sinkhole, and a further slough-in was observed along the southeastern side of the sinkhole this morning, with the access ramp from the Oxy 3 well pad to the sinkhole having sloughed in, along with several trees on either side of the ramp. The seismic activity is limited to the Oxy 3/sinkhole area, showing no indication of impact to the Oxy 1 area. Monitoring is constantly ongoing in the area and Conservation will continue to advise the public of significant changes in subsurface conditions
Assumption Parish Police Jury
edit on 28-3-2013 by AuntB because: more info added

edit on 28-3-2013 by AuntB because: embarassing typo!

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join