It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Please be careful Cajun - Things are rapidly going down hill

I truly wish there was a live webcam there!!!

Alert raised to ‘Code 3’ at giant Louisiana sinkhole: “Water movement in the sinkhole has been observed” — Bubbles increasing.

The Office of Conservation, in consultation with Assumption Parish Incident Command, is advising the public that the Oxy 3/sinkhole monitoring alert status has been raised to Code 3 – requiring all work inside and around the sinkhole to cease until further notice. Seismic monitoring has detected elevated subsurface activity in the area around the sinkhole and Oxy 3 area indicative of fluid and gas movement below the sinkhole, and water movement in the sinkhole has been observed, along with increased bubbling along the western side of the sinkhole. The seismic activity is limited to the Oxy 3/sinkhole area, showing no indication of impact to the Oxy 1 area. Monitoring is constantly ongoing in the area and Conservation will advise the public of significant changes in subsurface conditions.

Source
edit on 22-3-2013 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Thoughts and prayers to you Cajun and everyone in that region. Its bad now, and just getting scary.

I have such fond memories of LA when I was stationed at Ft. Polk (lol, not of Polk itself, but the rest of the state).

Good luck brother, and thanks again for being the eyes on the ground.

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Afternoon all,

Well looking at the plots, It seems like there is a better than good likelihood of another burp/enlargement of the sinkhole.

IRIS LA12

CERI LA12

If you notice there is a odd looking waveform about the latter half of 19:00 - 19: 45 UTC (ish)

Which seems to be echoed in LA 14
IRIS

CERI

Also CERI & IRIS appear to be out of synch time wise with each other.

Looking about 8 hours back things were pretty calm in the wee hours of the morning, then went a bit spastic, which I'd likely suspect was weather related. At least that is the impression I get when I look back and forth at IRIS & CERI. (Your millage may vary.)

M.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It may not be anything relevant here but I found it for the Fukushims thread, but someone said somewhere that the earths crust moves up to tens of metres up and down due to influences of the Moon etc.

If the conditions underground are destabilised, then this movement could just "mix up the magma" and area under the instability. So it could have something to do with the phase of the moon perhaps?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
It may not be anything relevant here but I found it for the Fukushims thread, but someone said somewhere that the earths crust moves up to tens of metres up and down due to influences of the Moon etc.

If the conditions underground are destabilised, then this movement could just "mix up the magma" and area under the instability. So it could have something to do with the phase of the moon perhaps?

You are absolutely right. Both the sun and the moon pull on the earth from the side they are on at the time. So the semi liquid mantle allows the crust to bulge on the side(s) the sun and moon are on. The highest of the high tides happens when the moon and the sun are on the same side of the earth. This could be one of the reasons for the theory that more earthquakes happen around the time of the new moon. The new moon is when the moon is directly in line with the sun and that is when there is a neap tide which is what the highest of the high tides is called. And, of course, that is when there is the most gravitational pull on the crust.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There is a new update at Celestial Convergence today. It is mostly a repeat of the last one I posted so I am not going to make a whole new post for it. However, the names of the special commission appointed by Jindal to oversee the sinkhole are listed near the bottom of the update.

SOURCE

Members Announced For Blue Ribbon Commission On Bayou Corne Safety.

Today, Louisiana Department of Natural Resources Secretary Stephen Chustz, Commissioner of Conservation Jim Welsh and GOSHEP Director Kevin Davis announced that they have finalized the membership of the Blue Ribbon Commission called for last week by Governor Bobby Jindal to provide science-based recommendations for public safety in the Bayou Corne area. Chustz said 13 members have been selected to serve on the Commission.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Link - Enews

I should remember to look back earlier in the day as evidently they discovered a long-periods when I wasn't looking.

John Boudreaux, parish director of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, said the seismic activity was detected around 7 a.m. Friday under the sinkhole and a nearby Texas Brine Co. LLC cavern that failed and is suspected of causing the sinkhole.

IRIS

Translating it to UTC, it should be at 12:00 and at 11:47~ there are wiggles.

CERI

A lot more visible wiggles in that time frame, but I'd say 95% is weather related.

Oh well can't win them all.
M.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Moshpet because: 42

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
All Ceri Helicorders are down for Bayou Corne.

Anyone know whats going on?????

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
HI ya'll its Briebird with a new name had to make a new account. Things are getting out of control at the hole happy everyone has stayed on top of this subject.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ok, their back up again.

Jeez. Sorry guys. I guess I;m just alittle edgey when it comes to this story.

Things are looking quiet right know.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Something is definitely happening - it's on most of the instruments. Take a look

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
A little info in here.

Revelation 12:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
edit on 23-3-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to [urIl=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread888251/pg69#pid16124240]post by Anmarie96[/url]

I'm gonna take a stab at it and say they are doing some testing? Thumper trucks?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

I don't know - they changed the Code to 3 yesterday.. I think that means everyone get out..???

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Yes I read that. But thru the nite things seemed to calm down.

The way it looks to me is there seems to be some kind of a rythem to me.

I'm just learning here, you've been following the earthquake threads longer than me. Are you seeing a rythem?

Whatever it was, seems to have stopped.

And may I add. Your much more knowledgeable than me.
edit on 23-3-2013 by crappiekat because: to add

Also, I'm seeing that fluid movement wave again.
edit on 23-3-2013 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
Something is definitely happening - it's on most of the instruments. Take a look

While there are a couple of small seismic events on that chart, all the ones that are evenly spaced are from a "thumper" being used to do a sonic profile of the salt dome so they can see what is going on.
edit on 23-3-2013 by happykat39 because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Thank you for the kind words - you made me feel good! But, we are all learning here. And, this monster has all of us scratching our heads.. It's a beast unto itself. -- Take a look now... something is moving.

@ Happykat - I hope you are right - I really hope your right...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Thank you for your conformation there happykat. I think things are ok for now. But I can't help but checking things every hour or two.

I just made a pot of Beef Stroganoff and I'm going to watch "Life of Pi" . Wish I could have you all over for dinner.

I hope everyone has a quiet and peaceful nite.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96

Thank you for the kind words - you made me feel good! But, we are all learning here. And, this monster has all of us scratching our heads.. It's a beast unto itself. -- Take a look now... something is moving.

@ Happykat - I hope you are right - I really hope your right...

There has been some disturbing seismic activity at the sinkhole, but the traces on the chart you linked to were mostly the vibrations from the thumper truck being used to take a sonic picture of the salt dome and the caverns. Its kinda like a low frequency version of the sonogram of a baby in a pregnant woman's belly.

The fact that all those strange blips on the charts are not quake activity does not mean that all is well at the sinkhole. It really is a major disaster playing out in slow motion. When it goes into fast motion will be the time to worry and run screaming for the hills if you are anywhere near it. And most of us here at ATS believe that that day is coming, we just don't know when yet.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I didn't know about this thread but I do want to follow and keep an eye on this for sure...potential to be really bad...

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join