It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Sinkhole de Bayou

Scroll down to the Bayou Cartoon. I really do think this is Jindal in true light. I heard about the car accident, why report it?/ I was just a fender bender and it was on the local news out here.

Also, this guy is good and always gives you something to think about.
Louisiana Sinkhole: State Documentation Reveals that Radioactive Materials Were INJECTED into Five Additional Napoleonville Salt Dome Caverns
edit on 18-3-2013 by AuntB because: more info

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There is another big update at Celestial Convergence that has some more info. A lot of it has already been posted by AuntB. I would post more than a link to it but I am expecting my son to roll in within the hour for a one week visit and I am finishing getting ready for him. That and the fact that I am feeling particularly lazy today.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

You know, after reading this article, I kinda believe I was mislead.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Jesus. They just turned up the heat majorly on that thumper truck.

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

In spectro, that is the strongest signal yet, and they are pelting the sinkhole area with some serious low frequency at high energy levels. I can understand resident concerns. Hope the buyouts go through for them, and they can be relocated.

Update: uh oh, looks like the earth has just responded to that with a serious increase of tremor like LP event. Wow. That's coming in strong now....and building.

In general, there seems to be an increase in low frequency, that has been registering more and more at all the stations. I can't be sure, but watching this it doesn't look good.

I think they know the risk they are taking with further aggravating an already unstable situation with high energy waves like that...
edit on Mon Mar 18th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Also, note that those thumps are so strong they literally clipped the LA13 seismometer. And that's not just helicorder display settings, either. I verified that.

EDIT: It is possible that the truck is just a lot closer to LA13

Here it is at LA12:
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

And now low frequency building at LA11, LA14, and LA16!

All subsided now... phew!

Now it looks like we got another truck thumping closer to LA14/LA11- ether that or the truck moved...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Are they thumping highway 70 again tonight?
From the mediocre map I posted back here, LA13 looks to be only 500' south of hwy. 70, so I guess it would make sense that LA13 would show the strongest waves.

But if that isn't the case...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Well, hate to tell you this, but there is indeed a conspiracy going on to hide the actual, resolute coordinates of the seismic stations. Your location for LA15 is not right. Look at its position in GEE, and then look at your map. Only scientists with specific access know the actual, resolute coordinates of the stations...and that changes what we think we know...cause we don't. IRIS MDA is only resolute to 2 decimal points...In other words...useless. I guess it's for security reasons. There have been vandalism incidents in the past. In fact, one incident involving Mount Pinatubo in the 1990's cost them some serious downtime and loss of valuable data...

The only way we'd find out the actual, resolute to 1 meter coordinates is if someone on the ground FOUND the seismic station, and then we mapped the position with a highly resolute application. And they'd bitch like whoa if that data were made public.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I found 4 decimal places on the IRIS metadata, but you're correct about it being a different location than the map provided by officals.
LA15 metadata
google map of coordinates

That's completely lame. Either IRIS has the wrong info, or, as you suggest, they aren't being straight with the public.
edit on 3/18/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

to get 1 meter resolution you need five decimal places:
en.wikipedia.org...

And guess what they just did to the latest update of my program...Reduce it to 4 decimal places, meaning about 34 feet. I had 5 decimal places before. :shk: Yeah, I'm a terrible, vandalizing person who is going to go out and rape a seismic station. :shk:

FFS, pisses me off.

And to be honest, it's things like that, along with other things found in it that have made me be so secretive about the rig. I realize the security implications.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I saw the helicorders about an hour ago and had a pure WTH, moment.
I was on my smart phone at the time and could look at ATS to see if anyone else was surprised, so I wasn't exactly racing home.

But, sheesh, if those signals were not the shake truck.... o.O

Odds on you are correct about that though, which means the signals from last night likely were made by the sinkhole.

The other bit that makes me wonder is that, the youtube I saw of the shake truck in action; wasn't there nearly as long as the ones just and hour or so ago, before moving and re-thumping.

Then with the intensity of those shakes, I have to wonder just how much will move tonight.

M.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Very good Oli, I see you used quackery to find the metadata, but I was not kidding about the IRIS DMC MetaData Aggregator being resolute to only 2 decimal places:
www.iris.edu...

I guess they'll argue that if you can't find a seismic station within a radius of 34 feet, you're a bumbling idiot, but that's not the point. Having resolute coordinates affects timing of seismic wave arrivals at stations. So by reducing it down to 4, they just blurred the data further- and that assumes of course that the actual, resolute coordinates down to 8 decimal places aren't buried in the program code somewhere. But it is why GEE and other programs can only be as accurate as the information they are provided with.

In other words, yeah, you might miss that oil cavity or mineral deposit if you attempt to drill- 34 feet away from where you THOUGHT it was... duh. This is all about the money, once again. If it weren't for mining and oil operations, geologists/seismologists would be largely unemployed.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Residents of Bayou Corne have registered a vote of no confidence in the Department of Natural Resources in light of the radioactive NORM.

attachment.fbsbx.com... 4&hash=ASsAKix45nWusutB

Trying to get the document PDF to work.
edit on 18-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Your linky isn't working...
I would say good to hear but it's sad...and I don't think anybody cares about their votes...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
As much as I could hope the siesmographs are naturally being this quiet; it seems very odd to me.
It is almost as if they are 'suddenly ' dead; in that all is showing is minor noise
Given the past few days activity we should see something moving. Even if it was just cultural noise.

Maybe I.am a bit odd, but the absence of that noise bothers me

M.
(

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
double post
edit on 19-3-2013 by Moshpet because: double

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well, hate to be a doombreaker, but I am really after the truth. Now I am not saying there is NO doom there, BUT...

After going over with spectro the last several days of self-generated heliplots of seismic data from all the LA stations, it appears that the super low frequency "tremor" type signals I have been getting are nearly all man made noise. This is evident from the fact that these events only occur during morning, day, or early evening hours. Overnight is typically quiet. Like right now...quiet. I said "NEARLY" all. Because there might be a few questionable events that were long period and registered on all stations.

But even those can be caused by man made noise, because in this case, those seismometers are so darn close together- and all within a radius of like 2 km or less. That's insanely close. And they are high gain broadband instruments, meaning they are highly sensitive across a wide range of frequencies, down to below 1 Hz. Combine that with heavy equipment, and there's your answer.

Now that is not to say there hasn't been actual seismicity, because there has been, and at all times- that comes in spurts and then disappears. Those have been almost all very small magnitude, sharp earthquakes with hardly much duration at all. Except in a few cases. And even those have stopped for the last day or two.

So at this point in time I am backing off from believing any sort of volcanism is taking place. I needed some days to observe before reaching any kind of conclusion, and so I have. You guys believe whatever you want to, obviously, but hopefully many of you will trust in my honesty. That is about as honest as I can be, given the data as I have observed it.

Yeah, anything can still happen. I am not negating the seriousness of the situation whatsoever. Just calling it like I see it for now, unless something changes. And I'll keep an eye on it, regardless. I have a custom preset already stored for it, and am keeping it open for the next few days along with everything else.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I wouldn't rule it out, but a very small chance. If I remember correctly, during the BP spill the term "asphalt volcanoe" was tossed around a lot. That disaster is when I learned about ATS, that and through Coast to Coast. Now I really didn't pay much attention because I was busy helping cleanup as a caterer. I know asphalt volcanoes are unique to the world and can be found in the gulf of Mexico. I know they only can be found in specific conditions. Again I don't think we should really rule out something of this nature. What are your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Typically after a burp, we have seen activity cease for a week or two then slowly start back up again. Before burps there is heightened seismic activity. So yea, the silence of the tremors are disheartening. Always asking if it's over or just about to start up again

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy

I wouldn't rule it out, but a very small chance. If I remember correctly, during the BP spill the term "asphalt volcanoe" was tossed around a lot. That disaster is when I learned about ATS, that and through Coast to Coast. Now I really didn't pay much attention because I was busy helping cleanup as a caterer. I know asphalt volcanoes are unique to the world and can be found in the gulf of Mexico. I know they only can be found in specific conditions. Again I don't think we should really rule out something of this nature. What are your thoughts?

The asphalt volcano is just in the gulf. The one being referenced as being under the sinkhole area is a real volcano that has been quiet for many tens of thousands of years.

And the reference to it was just pure speculation without any real proof that it was waking up.

Unless something really serious happens to the sinkhole area to trigger it I think we can safely cross it off the worry list.

The asphalt volcano in the gulf is another matter though. Part of the bulging of a huge section of the gulf floor could be from it. But even without the asphalt volcano, the bulge in the gulf floor is still worrisome. Something with a lot of pressure behind it is causing the bulge and if it pops the results could be wiping out of the entire gulf coast to many tens of miles inland.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Maybe there is not a conspiracy to hide the locations of the temporary seismic stations. I'm leaning toward a rushed install, with possibly some loss of accuracy (lat, long decimal places) between installation overseen by Texas Brine, and the metadata uploaded to IRIS, and subsequent hand off to CERI.
Could just be a simple matter of somebody dropping decimal points thinking they weren't necessary.

This volcano talk---I thought you all were just joking around.

That lone post, back 5 or so pages, referenced a 'volcanic rock layer' some 8000', that was dated to the mid-to-late Cretaceous--82 million years ago.
I suppose anything is possible, but I've not heard of a volcano reactivating after 10's of millions of years.
Was there a different post or link that I missed, showing volcanic activity in the more recent past?
edit on 3/19/2013 by Olivine because: add a link

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Was there a different post or link that I missed, showing volcanic activity in the more recent past?

no

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join