It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I just wanted to share a second seismic network with a few broadband stations around the sinkhole. Credit for this info is fully due to Puterman and his meticulous archiving of Bayou Corne seismos on his site, found here.

You can also view it live in GEE by loading the XW13 network, or in near-real-time in IRIS Bud explorer.

Here is a map of the station locations. I forgot to mark the location of the sinkhole, but it is just NW of the green dart marked "C"/station ESG2. (I'm sure most of you could point to it's location on a map in your sleep.)

(click to enlarge)

So, if earthquake signatures begin showing strongly on these stations, especially ESG4 & 8 which are furthest away from the sinkhole--I would advise leaving the area...quickly.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Big burp in the sinkhole last night.

I cross-checked USGS to see if there were any quakes that could account for the crud from 00:00 CST until 7am CST nada.

Though it didn't rate more than a footnote : [url=http://assumptionla.wordpress.com/2013/03/17/955-a-m-burp-in-sinkhole/]http://assumptionla.wordpress.com/2013/03/17/955-a-m-burp-in-sinkhole/[/ur l]

Looks like it was very busy to me.

M.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Seismic mapping to start at Bayou Corne.

link

BAYOU CORNE, LA (NBC33) — Texas Brine said Sunday that 3D seismic imaging of the area surrounding the Napoleonville salt dome sinkhole is underway. According to a spokesperson, vibrseis trucks began the first phase of the seismic profiliing project Sunday morning on the roads of the Bayou Corne community. The send small soundwaves into the ground and record data about their reflection. Those trucks will return for more tests Monday. Tuesday, geologists will begin the biggest phase of the mapping project, which involves setting off small pentolite charges beneath the ground, as well as using an air gun to create vibrations within the sinkhole. Texas Brine plans to perform 2,500 tests, to be monitored by 2,000 geophonic recording devices over a few days. The company said all of the tests will take place during the day, to minimize any potential disruption to the residents of the community. It also said its equipment can distinguish between the vibrations caused by its tests and naturally occurring seismic activity in the area.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Ok, I understand that this needs to be done, BUT, what are the ramifications if the "charges" instigates something happening? Just the whole idea doesn't sit too well with me. But we shall see.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Tonight they will be shutting down LA 70 to run seismic test. Seems to me they will be trying to map out the next sinkhole.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Also there was a burp and slough in this mOrning.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The red line area is the bit that supposedly sloughed in.

M.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Given that they are supposed to be doing seismic testing to create a picture of what is going on with the caverns, I'm not overly concerned about the amount of strangeness going on on the LA12 siesmo. But it is either telling of another burp, or the testing.

It's interesting.
M.
edit on 17-3-2013 by Moshpet because: 42

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It looks like there was another significant amount of fluid movement over the past 10 minutes.

(click for full-size)
Ceri Temporary

I don't believe the thumper trucks were to begin work until 9:00pm tonight, so it isn't from that. Station LA12 is near the SW edge of the sinkhole, but the very long period waves also show up nicely on the bottom seismometer at location LA10 (Oxy#3). That makes me think this fluid movement is deep.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I wish TB would release video footage of the burps. They do have cameras on site running 24/7

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There is a new report on Celestial Convergence that, like some others, doesn't have enough really new info for a full posting. But there is enough to make it worth clicking on the link if you are interested.

SOURCE

Officials Report ‘Burp’ At The Sinkhole.
A burp occurred in the sinkhole this morning. Hydrocarbon and debris are on the surface.

The Office of Conservation is advising the public that a large “burp” event was recorded at the sinkhole shortly after 3 a.m on the morning of Sunday, March 17, related to the recent period of elevated deep seismic activity around the failed Oxy 3 cavern and the sinkhole.

As has happened in past events, such as the period of elevated seismic activity that preceded the Jan. 19 “burp” event, the recent period of elevated activity was observed for several days prior to a sinkhole event. Though the deep subsurface activity appears to have calmed significantly.

Conservation’s contracted experts continue to note shallower seismic activity likely related to slumping of the sinkhole sides and water movement in the sinkhole and immediately below it. Monitoring is constantly ongoing in the area and Conservation will advise the public of significant changes in subsurface conditions.

edit on 17-3-2013 by happykat39 because: clarified a point

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I got word from a reliable source that all butane has been removed from the cavern. I trust this source because he is a son of one of the top assumption parish officials on the disaster. The guy is a high school friend and coworker of mine.

The official also strongly believes there will be no hole #2
edit on 17-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
I got word from a reliable source that all butane has been removed from the cavern. I trust this source because he is a son of one of the top assumption parish officials on the disaster. The guy is a high school friend and coworker of mine.

Could you elaborate more on your second comment. Who are these officials and what exactly did they say.

I'm not questioning you, but more the fact that, that is quite a mouthful. How sure are they?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

From what I was told, he is really sure. I have good faith in his word. All information regaurding this disaster crosses his desk. My source is John Boudreaux, parish director of homeland security. I thought about it and I do not see what it will hurt if I say his name.

This is one of my many sources.
edit on 18-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Cajun, I know you are on the frontlines of this and you have been doing a great job of keeping us posted but I will be a party of one on this and call BS. Sorry but that butane was to take a year plus to be removed from that cavern. They said it a few times and now mysteriously it has all been removed. I also think that there won't be a second sinkhole, I believe we will see this one that is now 9 acres will grow and grow. I just think to much evidence points to the dome has been fractured. The wide area of the methane escaping, pushing up suggests so. I do realize this is a swamp area and that methane is a norm but... rain puddles bubbling is not the norm. Your source may be telling you what he is hearing but do we really trust their source? If what you wrote is correct then why lie initially?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I don't blame you calling BS. I have been in the process of trying to find a second source on this matter. I too understood it would take over a year to empty.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by AuntB

I don't blame you calling BS. I have been in the process of trying to find a second source on this matter. I too understood it would take over a year to empty.

I too am going to have to side with AuntB and your latest assessment. I don't see how they could have possibly emptied the butane that fast given earlier information unless it has leaked out, and that is NOT a good thing.

Your friend may be being perfectly honest with you, but are the people giving him information, who we know to be pathological liars, being honest with him????

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
The red line area is the bit that supposedly sloughed in.

M.
The picture linked here is also the picture on the Celestial page that Kat linked. How old is that picture? I think that part they put in red was already gone. BTW- that is one real ugly picture, the oil floating is just horrible. The trees are green in that image, or did they just color it that way?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

reply to post by AuntB

I too am going to have to side with AuntB and your latest assessment. I don't see how they could have possibly emptied the butane that fast given earlier information unless it has leaked out, and that is NOT a good thing.

Your friend may be being perfectly honest with you, but are the people giving him information, who we know to be pathological liars, being honest with him????
Of course the people in charge (TB) are not going to be honest. The public stepped up brought in the big guns to protect their interests. Really if they are spreading that it isn't that bad, pay off the citizens with a no future claim in the buy outs and there are issues down the road then bingo, TB will be protected. Why do you think Jindal is plugging the buyouts? He hasn't given two-sh!ts for the residents, why the turn around? I saw a cartoon of Jindal... I will go find it.

While they warned it's not likely, contractors showed Louisiana lawmakers details about worst-case scenarios at the Assumption Parish sinkhole today. Experts told members of the Joint Natural Resources Committee Monday there would be months of warnings before anything like those scenarios happened.
Committee shown worst-case scenarios for sinkhole
edit on 18-3-2013 by AuntB because: more info

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

If I am correct, Crosstex owns the butane cavern not TB. They are collateral in this situation. They didn't cause the disaster but they are suffering from it.

On a Jindal note, he was in a car accident yesterday. Unfortunately he did not suffer any injury. I just wanted to see him with a broken arm or leg to see if he is human and can feel pain like everyone else. I should not wish that upon anyone lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join