It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am starting to see that this story is starting to spread like wildfire. This makes me extremely happy. Though this situation is to far gone, at least we can start to make movements to try and minimize the destruction.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is a little more new information in today's update from Celestial Convergence.

SOURCE #1 - Celestial Convergence

Governor Bobby Jindal To Visit Assumption Parish Sinkhole Amid Concerns That Deadly Hydrogen Sulfide Could Be Released If Sinkhole No. 2 Forms, Warns Of Possible Increased Instability In And Around Site!

Governor Jindal To Visit Assumption Parish Sinkhole.
"On Wednesday, I will meet with officials from Texas Brine to push for expedited buyouts for those whose lives have been uprooted by the sinkhole. It's time for Texas Brine to step up and do the right thing for the people in Bayou Corne," Jindal said in a email statement Monday, March 11.

Last week, Jindal dodged repeated questions from a television reporter on whether he'd be visiting the site of the sinkhole, saying only the situation was under control and he'd been receiving "constant updates" on the issue.

SOURCE #2 - NOLA - The Times Picayune

"We are taking action immediately though to protect lives and property in the area of the second salt dome. Taking the lessons learned from the first cavern, we have developed a contingency plan in case the cavern fails and we have already started to implement the plan," Jindal said.

Jindal's plan includes alternative routes and detours for motorists using Louisiana Highway 70, which could be compromised in the event of a second cavern collapse

"I can't speak for the governor as to why he hadn't been to the site previously, but he did indicate he would be making a trip to Bayou Corne very soon. We told him it would be important for him to show up and show his support. Obviously, we need all the support we can have from officials," Triche said.

SOURCE #3 - WAFB 9

Here are some snippets from the contingency plan. As usual with government generated documents, this one is waaayyy too long to post it completely here. Go to the source page to read the entire contingency plan.

THE GOVERNOR'S OFFICE RELEASED THIS INFORMATION MONDAY AFTERNOON REGARDING THE CONTINGENCY PLAN FOR OXY-GEISMAR NO. 1 CAVERN:

Contingency Plan for Oxy-Geismar No. 1 Cavern

Preliminary Vertical Seismic Profiles (VSP) results indicate that the Oxy-Geismar No. 1 cavern sidewall is closer to the salt dome than indicated by previous top-of-salt maps used to define the subsurface. This means the cavern has an increased risk of collapse. 3-D seismic data is needed to confirm the exact boundary distance.

The proposed contingency plan is based upon three color levels (green, yellow, and red) of potential seismic activity associated with the Oxy-Geismar No. 1 and the related action level as described below. The response is currently in green status.

Green

Seismic Activity: no confirmed micro-seismic events associated with Oxy-Geismar No. 1 Cavern stability detected. This is the current status. Action steps include:

Yellow

Seismic Activity: Initial confirmed micro-seismic events associated with Oxy 1 Cavern stability detected. Action steps include:

1. Immediately notify Assumption Parish Officials, GOHSEP, and State Police upon confirmation that micro-seismic activity has been detected. This information means that Oxy-Geismar No. 1 shows signs of potential structural instability and that surface instability associated with Oxy-Geismar No. 1 is possible within two to three months, or as otherwise determined by rock mechanics modeling.

Red

Seismic Activity: Several hundred micro-seismic events associated with Oxy 1 Cavern stability detected during any 12-hour time period. Action steps include:

1. Immediately notify Assumption Parish Officials, GOHSEP, and State Police that activity has been detected demonstrating that Oxy 1 Cavern shows signs of ongoing structural instability and that surface impact associated with Oxy 1 Cavern may be imminent. Evacuation will be recommended to local officials.

SOURCE #4 - NBC News 33

Erin Brockovich gives Bayou Corne residents direction

"They didn't feel like they were getting their questions answered immediately," Brockovich explained. "They were frightened. They didn't know what was going on. They felt that if they could reach me it was something that they could trust.".

"Finally some honesty. Finally some honesty," Kenny Simoneaux, Bayou Corne resident, exclaimed.

People living in Bayou Corne are ready to take action.

"For us it's destroyed. They destroyed our family life. Our piece of the American dream is gone," Simoneaux said.

"Look how long it's been so far. I mean it's a slow process. Nothing is going to happen over night," Jennifer Gregoire, Bayou Corne resident, stated.

"We are not the ones that are going to hold this up. It will be Texas Brine," Brockovich said. "They could come right now and start discussing and make this right by people."

Brockovich says going forward the community has to come together, if they want to win. The community agrees.

edit on 12-3-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Dr. Horton reported 90 micro quakes last night and something called a spasmodic burst at 1:30 this morning. Can someone tell us what that is?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
Dr. Horton reported 90 micro quakes last night and something called a spasmodic burst at 1:30 this morning. Can someone tell us what that is?

I am looking at the helicorders and LA14 looks like some serious activity.

LA12 is even worse.

LA11 is also showing some quake activity.

Depending on the exact location of these helicorders it could mean new activity at the original sinkhole, early warning for a new sinkhole or something else.

I might be able to decide which one is more likely if I could find the link I had to the picture with the locations on it. Does someone have the link???

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

On 12 and 14, Is that fluid movement?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by happykat39

On 12 and 14, Is that fluid movement?

Those are actual tremors with possibly some harmonic tremor on 12 between the actual quakes. And harmonic tremor means something is moving. It could be either gas, water, oil or even lava if the person who posted about an underground volcano is right. Short answer, yes, 12 is showing some kind of fluid movement IMHO.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And now we have this.

When ever I see something about this problem, I get very anxious.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Wow! Hope its not connected either. Thats all we need is for this thing to blow b/c a tug boat hit a gas line.

Also just wanted to let everyone know I have followed ya'll for months and have enjoyed everyones input, very imformative. Good job!

Love, heather

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The Gov is now front & center. Is it because Brochovich came to town or are things going to get real bad real quick and he needs to look like he is out in front of this thing.

Jindal: Buyouts in line for sinkhole evacuees

The owner of a failed salt dome cavern in Assumption Parish committed Wednesday to start the process of optional buyouts for evacuated residents, Gov. Bobby Jindal said.

Jindal announced the new measures after a meeting with Texas Brine officials at the Governor’s Mansion. He said, when asked, that although he has been involved for months in the sinkhole response, the meeting was called because Texas Brine had missed several promised deadlines on buyouts and other measures and he determined, “enough’s enough.”
Real Gov, enough is enough... I think that is what the residence have been saying for 7 months.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
The Gov is now front & center. Is it because Brochovich came to town or are things going to get real bad real quick and he needs to look like he is out in front of this thing.

Jindal: Buyouts in line for sinkhole evacuees

The owner of a failed salt dome cavern in Assumption Parish committed Wednesday to start the process of optional buyouts for evacuated residents, Gov. Bobby Jindal said.

Jindal announced the new measures after a meeting with Texas Brine officials at the Governor’s Mansion. He said, when asked, that although he has been involved for months in the sinkhole response, the meeting was called because Texas Brine had missed several promised deadlines on buyouts and other measures and he determined, “enough’s enough.”
Real Gov, enough is enough... I think that is what the residence have been saying for 7 months.

I think that Erin B is not going to go to court after all. It looks like now that the threat of a real court case is in their faces Texas Brine will do the right thing now, not because it is right, but rather because it is by far the cheapest option for them win or lose. I hope for the sake of the little people I am right about that.

When you look at it a court case with high powered lawyers is a very expensive thing and the cost of a full buyout, with compensation for suffering, will be a drop in the bucket compared to both the cost of a major lawsuit and the amount of money Texas Brine is actually worth.

And don't forget, Texas Brine has been taking oil from the sinkhole in large enough quantities that it could pay for most, if not all, of a buyout settlement.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Interesting comment on the ENENEWS article referencing The Advocate

Official: Work halted around giant sinkhole — Sharp tremors continuing every 15 minutes — Gas or fluids moving below ground?

timemachine2020 March 13, 2013 at 7:47 pm
Hwy weeman – not to a head sir, just an end to this particular chapter, the collapse of oxy 1, there are many more caverns yet to collapse. This will go on for years to come. The geography of bayou corne is being redefined as we speak. There is a huge oil deposit underneath all this mess called the BIG HUM that the oil companies are chomping at the bit to get at. Bayou Corne is done for. Never to be habitated again. (The current residential area anyway)The residents will have their buyouts soon and move on with their lives. The containment of these pollutants MUST be the priority of The oil companies and the State. These berms are a temporary bandaid that will not hold in the long run. The ARMY CORPS of Engineers is the only hope the bayous of Southern Louisianna has of surviving this catastrophe. They have to build concreted heavy duty levys similar to the ones protecting New Orleans. Any other actions will result in a massive environmental catastrophe to the bayous south of Bayou Corne. Built up dirt roads will not cut it. Deeply embeded concrete and steel beams and walls are needed. Without them a hurricane will dispurse these pollutants over a much wider area. Anyone at the State or Governmental level reading this??? ARMY CORPS of ENGINEERS!!! Our countrys finest are needed. They have the equipment and personnel needed. ARMY CORPS of ENGINEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and also

FREEDOMROX March 13, 2013 at 7:53 pm
According to the geophones, the voids underneath just sucked up a lot of Lake Oxy 3, or Lake Fubar, whichever you prefer. This is worriesome if true, as logic tells us these voids have access to the salt wall, endangering Oxy 1 and it is unclear if Oxy 2 may now be involved…
I found a very disturbing DNR Report on Oxy 2 buried in Inspection Reports.

“2:30 PM acquire gas bubble samples from the swamp area West of the Texas Brine work shop and North of the Texas Brine Vent Well #1. Sampling performed by the Shaw group.
Oxy Geismar #2 S/N 151646 is leaking gas bubbles from the cement catch basin that surrounds the wellbore. The catch basin was damaged when work on the well was performed last week. The bubbling was heard and noticed today. Texas Brine was notified of the bubbling.”
dnr.louisiana.gov...

Please keep in mind this was after the twin burps that occurred on Jan. 19th. Question is, what damages could cause bubbling on a concrete catch basin around Oxy 2? None that I know of. These methane seeps come from the aquifer, the top of which is roughly 100 ft. The damage would be below ground. The devil is the details.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

And still, not a word on CNN, Fox, ABC,NBC, CBS - thanks all of you - a lot of people are following this thread and have been for months. God bless you all, and the people who are effected.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Agreed. New Orleans here. Way before Katrina, and here outside during. Don't know if the storm or the diaspora following was worse. What i do know is that you can have a suitcase full of cash, a flooded limo, guns, ammo, and with nothing to buy and no way out, none of that will do you a bit of good. Don't get me wrong, I wasn;t the one with the suitcase of cash, the limo, or the weapons and ammo. But I saw plenty, and live to this day, fresh in my mind as if it was yesterday, all I couldn not save, to the point, I often wonder whether it was best I was saved.....such as it was.....
Humor. I try to cultivate it, if only as a survival mechanism. In other words, feel what you're sayin' This thing will blow or it won;t. Nothing really can be done. As a wise Indian friend of mine once said to me, "it's either a good day to die when you awake, or it's not. Only sunset will tell....."
Good luck to you, CB

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Lake Corne I guess we can deem it now collapsed some voids outside the cavern 1 wall, deminishing the integrity. Again cavern 2 with the butane is still in question.

Btw Erin Brokovich was on CNN yesterday speaking about the sinkhole. Cypress trees are now in bloom. Next flyover we will see the natural damage on full.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I had family in New Orleans that was flooded out and we took them in even though we had 2 weeks without power. Then we donated a lot of our stored food stuff and extra clothing to the 10,000 or so evacuees that crowded the Nicholls Universiry gymnasiums and classrooms I feel a comfort through every disaster down here knowing that we can rely on all our neighbors in a time of need. I feel that is what distinguishes us in Louisiana above all else.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

I have had no doubt, getting to know you only through your comments on this thread, that this is the kind of giving person you are. And there are lots of people here, just as you say. Disasters seems to bring out both the best and, unfortunately, the worst in people.

I tried for my little part, to give whatever I could to whomever was in need. Nevertheless, I am still haunted by what I could not do, nor save, nor suffering I was helpless to relieve and saw all around me. It literally haunts me to this day. I believe they call that PtSd. I got it in spades, and not just from that experience.

Whatever the case, I truly believe that people like you are what the world, much less Louisiana, needs many more of.....

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There is a new update posting at Celestial Convergence. However, I don't think there is enough new information to warrant a whole new posting here. If you want to read it you can CLICK HERE

There is some coverage, with video, of the pipeline fire just offshore in the gulf. But it isn't related to the sinkhole yet as far as I am concerned.

I would also like to add that I hope the pattern is broken in this cycle. It seems that every time there is any kind of good news, like Jindal ordering T B to start the buyout process, it is followed by some new phase of the disaster. With two more caverns waiting in the wings to have their 15 minutes of fame there is plenty to go wrong yet.
edit on 14-3-2013 by happykat39 because: added info

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
Lake Corne I guess we can me voids deem it now collapsed sooutside the cavern 1 wall, deminishing the integrity. Again cavern 2 with the butane is still in question.

Btw Erin Brokovich was on CNN yesterday speaking about the sinkhole. Cypress trees are now in bloom. Next flyover we will see the natural damage on full.
Whee haw! I wrote CNN earlier this week and dropped Brochovich's name. I am so glad they spoke with her, I also didn't say nice things about Jindal. I guess I need to start contacting more publication/news outlets.

CB- please explain what you mean by this:

deem it now collapsed southside the cavern 1 wall
Lake Corne is boring... I really like Lake FUBAR because if cavern 2 goes it will be a giant FUBAR.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The sinkhole area is now in Red Alert. I'll be getting a word why soon. Go back to the article Happy posted to get an idea of the color scale they implemented last week. Work has indeed been halted. Hold on to your seats, we may be seeing sinkhole #2 and a new world of environmental hurt.
edit on 14-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Bad English lol sorry grammer isn't my strong point. Deem the name Lake Corne. I type like I speak lol.

But the little void collapses may have been involved with cavern 1. That is probably why the site is under red alerts. Imenent danger to the workers. I don't want them to be there when that hole opens up.
edit on 14-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join