It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This lady who's following the louisiana situation, reported here late last night near midnight on her youtube channel, that a foamy bubbling is happening in Lake Peigneur, 50 miles away.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

I can't watch this at the moment but thanks you for posting. I read what you wrote and just started shaking my head. This is the site where they drilled into the mine and whoops! disaster. I saw the video and it was amazing to see the barges that were sucked down into the mine. This causes me great concern that it is foaming
edit on 9-10-2012 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

I watched your link then moved on to the one next to it saying that the the cavern close by has enough explosive capabilities as a 100 hiroshima bombs!! not to mention the impact it could have on the nuclear power plant nearby. That is very scary to think about. I just want to thank everyone on here for following this thread and providing so much information.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
www.lgs.lsu.edu...

On page 6 of this public information issued by the state in 2000, it shows every sinkhole known at the time. I am stuck between 2 domes the Chacahoula and Raceland Salt Domes. If it showing activity at other Salt Domes, then I am getting alarmed.

The thing is about the Chacahoula, it is smack dab in the middle of a The Bruley Swamp. 20 miles from any road. They have an old sulfur mine on top of it. If something would happen in the swamp, no one would know because of accessibility.

You could take a boat into the canals, but you need a special type of boat to get back there. It is thick with bayou clogging hyacinths (which in itself is another environmental disaster on it's own, thanks Japan....).

I do have a boat capable of going back there and my grandfather was raised in that swamp, he knows the canals. I am planning a trip sometime this weekend. I can post updates if I see anything unusual.
edit on 9-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

So what kinda rig you got?
Jet drive,tunnel,or mud motor.

To all on thread i'm wondering if filling all the domes with brine now would be a wise move to negate the possible danger that the area faces?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Not sure it would be if you think about what some officials saying gases could be comming up from the salt domes. So in filling them up your putting pressure on the gases that were escaping through there. If that makes sense? lol

another note i did not know this thread existed did it come from another forum? lol

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

It is buried in the gray area because it is not a real event.
nvm it as been moved!

It seems to my simple mind that the more gas that can be replaced with brine now will help if there is an explosion.
Done safety i think its our best option and that should lower gas prices when the market is flooded with this gas.

Logic tells me that salt domes and caverns full of water are less explosive than being filed with explosives.
edit on 9-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Pro-Drive mud boat, that thing can cut through any muck the bayous throw at it.
edit on 9-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Fence jumper good one. I just hate the top end but it gets you past the others.
I remember last year i was up a creek in central texas and came across some bubles that i have seen most of my life there but seemed to be more of them. I decided to hold a lighter to them as they rose to the surface of the water and sure enough i got quite a boom.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

So what kinda rig you got?
Jet drive,tunnel,or mud motor.

To all on thread i'm wondering if filling all the domes with brine now would be a wise move to negate the possible danger that the area faces?

The problem is that there is way too much diesel, butane, natural gas and other things in the domes to be able to pump it out in time if disaster is truly looming and they would be hard put to find other storage facilities for that much dangerous material. But it is by pumping brine back into the domes for some, if not all, of the material that is the method used to empty Them. They don't leave them totally empty. But again, it is the pressurized gasses that pose the most serious threat.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Well start with the adjacent ones and continue to work inward.
Find workers that know the danger and pay them well.
You make a good point but it is not too late and decisions could be made to try without causing more damage.
Right now were looking at a potential for a daisy chain of explosions at worst. break the chain in a safe place and isolate the threat.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by happykat39

Well start with the adjacent ones and continue to work inward.
Find workers that know the danger and pay them well.
You make a good point but it is not too late and decisions could be made to try without causing more damage.
Right now were looking at a potential for a daisy chain of explosions at worst. break the chain in a safe place and isolate the threat.

Your suggestion is very logical. But you do know we are talking about our government agencies and mega companies, don't you?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Hope people in the Bayou are prepared for more Tremors like this couple

I like how he gave his back directly to the snake

darwin award ! (1:05)

Stay Safe !
edit on 10/6/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

That movie is awseome. I loved that scene.

Why do they have a ton of guns full of ammo hanging on the wall anyway, in the middle of the desert to boot.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Y'all are assuming that the natural gas and methane are from the caverns... A lot of it is not. That is from the earth, it wasn't placed there.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
Y'all are assuming that the natural gas and methane are from the caverns... A lot of it is not. That is from the earth, it wasn't placed there.

BAYOU CORNE — A shallow well recently drilled into the aquifer underneath the Bayou Corne area has hit natural gas, Shaw Environmental officials said Tuesday. That well is one of three that contractors for Louisiana Department of Natural Resources drilled to find and vent natural gas believed trapped in the Mississippi River Alluvial Aquifer. Also, an earlier boring made by Texas Brine Co. LCC of Houston on its leased property also hit gas, Shaw officials said.

Along with sampling showing some of the most remote bubble sites are swamp gas from decomposing organic matter, the well findings support earlier indications that gas is in the aquifer, running under the section of northern Assumption Parish. But the findings also suggest that the gas has not spread to populated areas. Parish officials have said they are concerned the gas could build pressure in the aquifer, escape and lead to an explosive risk, though testing has not found that so far.

Hecox also said that hydrocarbons pulled from inside the cavern and on top of the sinkhole are virtually identical as far as their chemical makeup. When asked if that means it is confirmed the failure of the cavern caused the sinkhole, he said “All the data we’ve looked at so far would lead you to that conclusion, yes.”

Source
edit on 10-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

Ofcourse if gas was not enough for you lets throw some radiation in the mix.

The radiation level at the sinkhole is 15 times over the state's acceptable limit, according to state officials in a small newspaper article, revealed by environmental attorney Stuart Smith. DNR had quietly issued a permit for radioactive waste to be injected into the Texas Brine cavern in the salt dome. The government cover up also includes DNR neglecting to publicly disclose that a structural problem with the cavern has existed since early 2011. Both of these issues have prompted legal action by residents.

Source
edit on 10-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy

actually, a whole bunch more of it has been "placed there" over the years.
Perhaps you are not aware of the massive amounts of Superfund sites in LA ?
yes, some have been remediated but do you know what that really means ??
www.cqs.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Alright! Cajun Boy is going on a field trip and going to be our eyes in the field. Please be safe when you go, sounds kinds of eerie. I went looking for a up-dated maps of all the bubbling sites, does anyone have the link to it? I found this but no map.
Now 28 bubbling sites associated with giant sinkhole — ‘Air releases’ at 3 locations outside area being tested

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Originally posted by AuntB
Alright! Cajun Boy is going on a field trip and going to be our eyes in the field. Please be safe when you go, sounds kinds of eerie. I went looking for a up-dated maps of all the bubbling sites, does anyone have the link to it? I found this but no map.
Now 28 bubbling sites associated with giant sinkhole — ‘Air releases’ at 3 locations outside area being tested

this is the recent one i have...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Another article about the methane build up;
www.examiner.com...
and a map of sites with reported "bubbling";
www.edsuite.com...

beat me to it by one minute lurk,

edit on 10-10-2012 by tanda7 because: eta

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Just have to ask, are you the Tanda from the "other" site? If so, nice to see you here.

Sorry, and carry on. This subject needs to stay on the recent page.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join