It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
reply to post by happykat39

Kat you gave me lots to watch. I am reluctant to cede that BP, sinkhole and New Madrid are all one. BP & the sinkhole yes but the goings on in the gulf setting off or aiding the New Madrid to finally go is just a stretch. I am not a scholar of Casey's nor do I watch everything on youtube, but I will watch your links and be back with some thoughts.

Ok, gonna throw a curve ball and sorry, but I believe nothing is out of the realm of possibility. What exactly would happen if a meteor went down and hit the methane is bubbling, not a very good thought, Horrible actually. Hopefully we don't see anymore come in.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1

Kat you gave me lots to watch. I am reluctant to cede that BP, sinkhole and New Madrid are all one. BP & the sinkhole yes but the goings on in the gulf setting off or aiding the New Madrid to finally go is just a stretch. I am not a scholar of Casey's nor do I watch everything on youtube, but I will watch your links and be back with some thoughts.

Ok, gonna throw a curve ball and sorry, but I believe nothing is out of the realm of possibility. What exactly would happen if a meteor went down and hit the methane is bubbling, not a very good thought, Horrible actually. Hopefully we don't see anymore come in.

We could be in for some serious trouble from the skies. I knew we were seeing a much larger than usual number of meteor strikes but I didn't realize just how bad it really is until I read THIS WEB PAGE, watched the videos and followed some of the links to their source material.

What would happen if a if even a small meteor hit one of the high methane areas? It would disrupt the methane causing a massive release and the fire from the impact would set it off with an unbelievable amount of force. Don't forget that methane is just the same natural gas we cook with without the added mercaptan added so we can smell a leak.

And we know what a bang even a relatively small amount in the basement of a house can cause.

Then you have the enormous flares from broken gas pipelines. If the methane from the ground ignited it would make the flare from a broken gas main look like a pooter in a windstorm.

So along with the explosion you could also have the mother of all flares cooking the landscape for tens to hundreds of square miles.

The above scenario is bad enough but what if the meteor struck one of the salt domes and ruptured one or more of the storage caverns with millions of barrels of compressed or liquified natural gas, butane, propane or any other highly explosive substance?

Now you can go to sleep and have a nightmare or two.
edit on 2-3-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yes, there are a lot of meteor sightings since 2012 DA 14 buzzed the earth. We also have 3 comets that we will encounter this year. Panstarrs, Lemmon, and the big one ISON due in December. Lets just hope that they don't have any companions with them.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Maybe it's because Google is picking up the websites I read, but this thread is listed as a top source updated in the past 24 hours for the Bayou Corne sinkhole. Links WTG ATS members keeping us up to date

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
BRACE YOURSELVES! HERE COMES ERIN BROCKOVICH! I'll try and attend the meeting though.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
BRACE YOURSELVES! HERE COMES ERIN BROCKOVICH! I'll try and attend the meeting though.

www.scribd.com...

Hey Cajun, do any of these meetings get recorded? Better yet, do they or can they be streamed live so some of us in far away places could tune in?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy

www.scribd.com...

Good, now you guys down there might finally get some answers. I can't wait to hear all about it Cajun. I hope you are keeping yourself safe. I'd be in hell if I lived down there, I'd be really paranoid to smoke a cigarette.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
FORBES!!! the sinkhole made Forbes magazine. Finally some national attention.

Toxic Sinkhole Threatens Southeastern Louisiana

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

FORBES!!! the sinkhole made Forbes magazine. Finally some national attention.

Toxic Sinkhole Threatens Southeastern Louisiana

Well its about bloody time. WOW, do they ever blast Jindal. With this kind of national coverage of his lack of presence at a major disaster in his own state he can kiss any chance at the presidency goodbye. Serves the incompetent and arrogant jerk right.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Oh my, Jindal again!

That man doesn't seem to have a clue as to how the earth around him works. He is the one who a few years ago, criticized the Obama administration for funding the USGS "for something called 'volcano monitoring,"

I like one of the comments to that article, "Perhaps Louisiana's governor wouldn't mind if we quit monitoring hurricanes as well?".

Great thing that Ms. Brockovich is coming to town. Her presence will help shine a light where others would prefer it to be dark.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sinkhole Bills Will Be Diverse

Here's an article about legislation efforts going on in Louisiana related to both the Bayou Corne Sinkhole and the Lake Peigneur disaster.

Sen. Troy Brown, D-Napoleonville, said he is considering a moratorium or ban on any kind of permitting the state might be involved with or can insert itself into regarding underground caverns.

Rep. Joe Harrison, R-Napoleonville, said his legislation could potentially require real estate agents and other parties selling property to disclose their proximity to caverns and what is being stored in them.

The regular session convenes April 8.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There is another new posting at Celestial Convergence, and a video about Erin Brockovitch's visit.

SOURCE #1 - Celestial Convergence

March 04, 2013 - UNITED STATES - Bayou Corne residents are hoping a big name can help them figure out what to do next.

Sunday marked the 7 month anniversary of the formation of a massive sinkhole in Bayou Corne. Erin Brockovich and Tom Girardi will attend a community meeting on Saturday, March 9. Resident's say Brockovich, an environmental activist, could help bring national attention to the community.

"I hope she brings some national attention, someone to scrutinize what's going on here, because we are in desperate need," Kenny Simoneaux, Bayou Corne resident, explained.

Kenny Simoneaux is ready to move on with his life.

"They are dealing with something, that I don't think man kind is going to be able to control," Simoneaux said. "I want out they've destroyed my piece of paradise and I'm ready to go."

He can't.

He's been out of his home in Bayou Corne for seven months since a massive sinkhole formed on August 3, 2012.

Simoneaux says tremors tore cracks into his home's foundation. The cracks are only one of Simoneaux's problems he's dealing with since the evacuation. He said Texas Brine officials haven't payed to fix it, and won't buy him out.

SOURCE #2 - NBC 33 News

BAYOU CORNE,LA (NBC33) — Bayou Corne residents are hoping a big name can help them figure out what to do next.

Ernest Boudreaux, Jr., lives off Highway 70. He's concerned the community isn't safe. He's lived in the area part time since August, but is getting tired of having to fear for his safety.

"Everywhere they are driving pipe in the ground they are pulling up gas, so that aught to tell you something right there. Nothing but a gas pocket," Boudreaux described.

edit on 4-3-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There is a new posting at Celestial Convergence about several methane and gas leaks around the world.
READ IT HERE

One of the stories a bit down the page is about new activity at the Bayou Corne sinkhole and methane leaks bubbling up at the Macondo site in the gulf.

SOURCE #1 - Celestial Convergence

Bubbles Coming Up From The Centre Of The Giant Louisiana Sinkhole, As Methane Leaks Next To Macondo Site Under The Gulf.

Response operations at the 8.6-acre sinkhole in Assumption Parish were halted Tuesday after seismic monitors noted an increase in underground tremors that have been linked with “burps” and edge collapses in the yawning slurry hole, state regulators and parish officials said. John Boudreaux, director of the parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, said about five to six trees that had been leaning over for the past week along the northeast side of the sinkhole fell in Tuesday morning and that small bubbling spots also have re-emerged in the sinkhole. “They do have a section in the center of the sinkhole that has that bubbling,” he said... Boudreaux said Tuesday sharp tremors were being detected, but the more significant activity is related to the long-period tremors...

Here is a video about a big crater in the sea bed at the macondo site...

Methane Leak Next To Macondo Site Under The Gulf.

SOURCE #2 - The Advocate

In public presentations, scientists have said the burping and tremors are connected with the movement of fluids or gas through a zone of fractured rock next to the Napoleonville Dome, while different, sharp tremors are produced by movement of sedimentary rock migrating into the failed cavern.

The movement was detected below the sinkhole and near the failed Texas Brine cavern. Scientists have said that fluid movement has been indicated by so-called long-period tremors.

“As has been noted in earlier similar events, the fluid movement appears to be linked to observations of trees falling into the sinkhole, release of trapped debris from the sinkhole bottom and increased odor from hydrocarbons released to surface,” officials said in the statement.

Work on the sinkhole will be suspended until the subsurface activity slows again, officials said Tuesday. About 80 percent of the failed cavern is now filled, according to the latest estimate from early February.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
How's the seismic activity been lately? Does anyone have an update? How far away are the tremors being felt?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOtter

From what I hear from the residents, seismic activity has been speratic.

www.bayoubuzz.com...

A nice article concerning our GREAT governor and his response to the sinkhole. Not only his credibility is going down, so is his state approval rating. Ladies and gentlemen, if Bobby Jindal runs for President in 2016, remember Bayou Corne.

Honestly, I am surprised that the liberals are not using this to their advantage and discredit the contenders for 2016. Our state in the last 30 years has gone from Blue to Red. By 2016 the state is projected to become a Libertarian state!
edit on 7-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Honestly, I am surprised that the liberals are not using this to their advantage and discredit the contenders for 2016.

Keep in mind that the voting public has the attention span of a retarded flea. If they are going to use this they will most likely wait until it will have the desired maximum negative impact on their campaigns.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You can't be more right.

I have good news and bad news.

Good news is Parish President Marty Triche will be meeting with Bobby Jindal on Monday regaurding the sinkhole. First meeting in 150+ days of the sinkhole.

Bad news....

Crosstex has done sonar readings on Cavern 2 posted it then pulled it. Cavern 2 if you remember is our little hole of Butane. They are starting to question the integrity of this cavern.... God help us.

On another note, a security company has put up cameras around the sinkhole so that Texas Brine can monitor it 24 hours round the clock. Why can't they make this footage a live stream? These cameras have been up for a while now come to find out.

This brings me to my next point. Texas Brine and the Shaw Group have not been releasing information voluntarily. Those residents who agreed to have geoprobes installed in their yard also had the agreement that the information collected from them will be given to the residents as well. Guess what they HAVE NOT been recieving.
edit on 7-3-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

dnr.louisiana.gov...

Here is the document that states a sonar test was done. They are now putting pipping, a filter separator and flare. They say it is temporary, but come on, we all know it will be more than temporary.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I just found this Technical Status update from 19 Feb. 2013 that has some decent information, including diagrams of the sinkhole and lots of information about the estimated 50 million cubic feet of gas in the aquifer. I think it is written by a geologist working for CB&I (formerly Shaw).

For those of you who monitor the CERI seismos around the sinkhole, I thought these 2 pictures might be helpful:
1. This is the location of the seismometers.

2. Example of VLP signature. (Very Long Period seismic waves that indicates fluid movement, in this case)

After reading the above .pdf report, it sounds like this new company is talking about a long-term strategy to mitigate the gas in the aquifer, in order to get the residents back into their homes.
I sure hope they can be successful.

ETA: I hope this isn't old news. If it is, my apologies.
edit on 3/7/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Olivine
I just found this Technical Status update from 19 Feb. 2013 that has some decent information, including diagrams of the sinkhole and lots of information about the estimated 50 million cubic feet of gas in the aquifer. I think it is written by a geologist working for CB&I (formerly Shaw).

For those of you who monitor the CERI seismos around the sinkhole, I thought these 2 pictures might be helpful:
1. This is the location of the seismometers.

2. Example of VLP signature. (Very Long Period seismic waves that indicates fluid movement, in this case)

After reading the above .pdf report, it sounds like this new company is talking about a long-term strategy to mitigate the gas in the aquifer, in order to get the residents back into their homes.
I sure hope they can be successful.

ETA: I hope this isn't old news. If it is, my apologies.
edit on 3/7/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

They placed the equipment at the cavern 2 well head. Their reason for placing this specific equipment here seems to me they are getting spooked by something in their readings. They may have to start an emergency burn off of the butane due to draining won't get it out fast enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join