Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 54
97
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I will always love the way you put things Happy!!!! So, I guess we are on the same page. I just seen on the local news, you guys down there have a bit of rough weather around you. I hope you all are ok, and nothing happens. Thats all you need is a tornado ripping through there.




posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
I will always love the way you put things Happy!!!! So, I guess we are on the same page. I just seen on the local news, you guys down there have a bit of rough weather around you. I hope you all are ok, and nothing happens. Thats all you need is a tornado ripping through there.


I did get a bit of a jolt a few hours ago. Suddenly and without warning some thunder and lightening, the sounds like the end of the world type, hit and lasted for about 5 minutes, then nothing but rain until I heard some distant thunder about an hour later. But there was no heavy wind so I don't expect to see reports of much damage in my area, which is the northwest suburbs of Atlanta Ga. After reading reports about the size and severity of this super storm I don't think other areas will fare as well.

Both my second and third wives have called me a "silver tongued devil" with emphasis on the devil part.



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

Originally posted by thepolish1
I will always love the way you put things Happy!!!! So, I guess we are on the same page. I just seen on the local news, you guys down there have a bit of rough weather around you. I hope you all are ok, and nothing happens. Thats all you need is a tornado ripping through there.


I did get a bit of a jolt a few hours ago. Suddenly and without warning some thunder and lightening, the sounds like the end of the world type, hit and lasted for about 5 minutes, then nothing but rain until I heard some distant thunder about an hour later. But there was no heavy wind so I don't expect to see reports of much damage in my area, which is the northwest suburbs of Atlanta Ga. After reading reports about the size and severity of this super storm I don't think other areas will fare as well.

Both my second and third wives have called me a "silver tongued devil" with emphasis on the devil part.






I'm glad your ok in GA, yes, it is a big storm. There are tornado watches along the coast. How ya doin out there Cajun??
On a side note, I didn't want to come out and say it, you did it for me. Thank you. Just because you have a degree, doesn't mean you can actually do the job. If I owned my own business again, I would not hire anyone with a collage education. I'm more of a, life long on the job, experience of doing the job type person.

To bring me to another point, I feel sorry for the stupid bastard who thought it was ok to put that stuff in the caverns. Ok, follow me on this. I'm polish, remember?

1. Salt dissolves, or erodes when near or around water

2. I really don't think I need to go any further with this, it's pretty much common sense.
edit on 10-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: had to fix a word


Don't feel bad, my mom swears I'm the antichrist.
Sad part of it is, I learned my sharped touguned-ness from her!!! And she puts me to shame!!!!
edit on 10-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: had to add the antichrist bit
edit on 10-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I was just checking the helicorders and it looks like something significate happened today.

Does anyone have any information as to what it was?



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
I was just checking the helicorders and it looks like something significate happened today.

Does anyone have any information as to what it was?


what is a heilcorder?? And what kind of information does it show??



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hope this helps.
link

I can't seem to get the link to work on the actual helicorder I'm refering too. But it's LA12

edit on 10-2-2013 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
Hope this helps.
link

I can't seem to get the link to work on the actual helicorder I'm refering too. But it's LA12

edit on 10-2-2013 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)



Thank you Crappiekat, I checked out the link and it didn't show anything for LA. I'll hop on RSOE and have a look, be right back. Nothing there either. There was an explosion in Texas though.
edit on 10-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1

Originally posted by crappiekat
Hope this helps.
link

I can't seem to get the link to work on the actual helicorder I'm refering too. But it's LA12

edit on 10-2-2013 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)



Thank you Crappiekat, I checked out the link and it didn't show anything for LA. I'll hop on RSOE and have a look, be right back.


This is the site I go to, to keep an eye on things. They put up some more down there recently:

Helicorder



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

Originally posted by thepolish1

Originally posted by crappiekat
Hope this helps.
link

I can't seem to get the link to work on the actual helicorder I'm refering too. But it's LA12

edit on 10-2-2013 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)



Thank you Crappiekat, I checked out the link and it didn't show anything for LA. I'll hop on RSOE and have a look, be right back.


This is the site I go to, to keep an eye on things. They put up some more down there recently:

Helicorder



Ok, I checked out the graphs for today, what is the deal with half of the page being inked in?? Could that be traffic, or machinery being used in the area? A few look like they are pretty quiet a couple of others though, I don't know.



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I just looked at LA12 for today and it doesn't look like an event but rather some static in the system, or possibly construction and/or drilling activity nearby.

@ thepolishone...

You are right about the uselessness of a college degree without practical real world experience to go with it. Getting a college degree is pretty much like going to Sears and buying several thousand dollars worth of mechanic's tools. Getting the tools is a good start but you still have to learn to use them in real life.

ETA - I just looked at the rest of the charts for today and the whole line of charts for LA12. They all look normal and LA12 has repeats of today's activity which says to me that it is ongoing construction and/or drilling being conducted on a daily basis.

A couple of the charts near the bottom of the list look like they are set way too sensitive and could pick up a moose taking a whiz.
edit on 10-2-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39
 


Thank you. I forgot about the road being built.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39
 


Thank you Happy, you made my day.
I was reading collage level material when I was in middle school. Was never an honor roll student. Never did my homework, but aced tests.

I wonder how Cajun boy weathered the storms down there last night??? You ok my man????

About the tools, yes, you need to know how to use the tools, but you also need to know the right tool for the job. You definatly don't want to use a hammer to take off a valve cover. You might get relief from banging on it, as working on cars can be quite challenging, but in the end, the valve cover will still be there, and not usable. You also have to have the practical applications to know that when you put the valve cover back on,, the bolts need to be put in and hand tightened at first, and, in a star pattern, or skip a bolt, snug them and there is a set torque that those bolts need. You just can't put in a bolt, and tighten it tight, the valve cover will again be useless. Just an example.
edit on 11-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: Valve cover
edit on 11-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
reply to post by happykat39
 


Thank you Happy, you made my day.
I was reading collage level material when I was in middle school. Was never an honor roll student. Never did my homework, but aced tests.

I wonder how Cajun boy weathered the storms down there last night??? You ok my man????

About the tools, yes, you need to know how to use the tools, but you also need to know the right tool for the job. You definatly don't want to use a hammer to take off a valve cover. You might get relief from banging on it, as working on cars can be quite challenging, but in the end, the valve cover will still be there, and not usable. You also have to have the practical applications to know that when you put the valve cover back on,, the bolts need to be put in and hand tightened at first, and, in a star pattern, or skip a bolt, snug them and there is a set torque that those bolts need. You just can't put in a bolt, and tighten it tight, the valve cover will again be useless. Just an example.
edit on 11-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: Valve cover
edit on 11-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)


I am a good example of what can be done without a college education. I started out in the army with field radio repair and worked in electronics for a few years. When I married my first wife one of my friends who was an usher offered me an apprentice machinist position in a shop where he was foreman. I told him that I was pretty happy with electronics. Then he told me how much the apprentice position paid and I asked how soon I could start.

I went on to work on just about every type of machine tool there is. I held some supervisory positions during that time. By the time I divorced my first wife and married my second wife I had enough practical experience to start my own industrial engineering and repair service.

I ran that for 25 years until insurance rates started going through the roof for self employed people and the economy started its long spiral down.

I then took a position with one of my customers as the maintenance and manufacturing engineer. That is when I moved to Georgia because that is where the home office was.

They had 5 divisions on the Georgia campus and factories in three other states. I was in charge of maintenance and engineering over all of them until I retired. I did all of that with less than 2 years of formal high school education.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There is a new entry at Celestial Convergence with a video clip about the new concerns for the rest of the caverns. Nothing really new but the video does explain the problems with the caverns better.

SOURCE



The more they reveal the worse it looks.
edit on 11-2-2013 by happykat39 because: clarified a point



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Evening all! CB hope you weathered the rain, I know you have a boat so at best you are floating somewhere.

Now all this new information that is being very slowly revealed. Why on earth are they not removing all stored materials from from at least half of that dome. The nearest caverns should all be emptied until they know. that would be the safest but not the most cost effective for these companies. I shudder when I see the name DOW. They have some nasty stuff that they create.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB
 





I shudder when I see the name DOW.


wasn't it DOW Chemical, or one of it's subsidiaries, that was responsible for the Bhopal India disaster?

The more I see come out about the salt dome and the storage caverns the more I wonder how much they still aren't telling us.



posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
HEYYYYYY!!!!! CAJUNBOY........you ok down there???? The new developments on this is rather un-nerving. But, read a few posts before this, and you'll know how I feel.

Happykat, check your U2U, I apologize ahead of time. But after you read it, you will understand my plight.



posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
HEYYYYYY!!!!! CAJUNBOY........you ok down there???? The new developments on this is rather un-nerving. But, read a few posts before this, and you'll know how I feel.

Happykat, check your U2U, I apologize ahead of time. But after you read it, you will understand my plight.


I didn't get a U2U from you. Now I am curious as to what you would have to apologize for.



posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
There is a new posting at the Celestial Convergence site today (2/12/2013) from The Assumption Police Jury and The Advocate. There is a claim that the sinkhole has grown another 5000 sq ft.

SOURCE #1 - Celestial Convergence


The Giant Louisiana Sinkhole Massively Expands - Swallows Up Another 5,000 Square Feet; As Expert Declares That Fractures Are Occurring In The Disturbed Zone At The Surface Around The Sinkhole!



The 8.6-acre sinkhole in Assumption Parish got a little larger on Tuesday.

Parish officials reported another slough in the sinkhole Tuesday morning, estimating that the sinkhole swallowed a 5,000-square-foot section on its southwest side.

Officials estimated that the section was approximately 50 feet by 100 feet in size, adding that it will not affect traffic on La. 70 because the slough occurred on the opposite side of the sinkhole from the highway.


SOURCE #2 - Assumption Parish Police Jury



Earlier today, there was a slough in at the sinkhole. An estimated 50 x 100 foot section sloughed in on the southwest side of the sinkhole.


The slough in does not affect Hwy 70 as the event occurred on the opposite side of the sinkhole.


SOURCE #3 - The Advocate


Boudreaux said he hadn’t remeasured the sinkhole, which was last determined to be 8.6 acres at its surface, but it possibly could cover as many as 9 acres after the 75-foot-by-100-foot parcel of land crumbled and fell into the slurry hole on Tuesday.

“I think this was expected,” Boudreaux said, “because the scientists have estimated that the hole will grow. It was just reported because it did grow.”


Catch that last word in the ex text below. Stabilizing, then why all the concern over the rest of the dome if they really think anything about this disaster is becoming more stable.

Sonny Cranch, a spokesman for Texas Brine, agreed with Boudreaux’s assessment that Tuesday’s slough was expected, calling it “part of the process of the sinkhole stabilizing.”



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
reply to post by AuntB
 





I shudder when I see the name DOW.


wasn't it DOW Chemical, or one of it's subsidiaries, that was responsible for the Bhopal India disaster?

The more I see come out about the salt dome and the storage caverns the more I wonder how much they still aren't telling us.
DOW also had a hand in Rocky Flats which became a no-mans land. Actually the prairie dogs have the whole place to themselves. But yes, Dow had that huge disaster in India. Let's hope Bayou Corne isn't added to their list.





new topics

top topics



 
97
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

log in

join