It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yep, more and more damage is being reported. It's starting to effect homes more now

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ok, CajunBoy, AuntB, And Happykat, I have a knack of asking some really stupid questions from time to time, so, Forgive me, BUT....With the recent earthquake activity in the Soloman Islands, they have had, to me, a constant shaking of earthquakes for the last 3-4 days. And they were almost all over 4.5 or higher. The first night of the earthquakes, they had 36 in an hour that were above 5. Could this activity affect the sinkhole in anyway?? Maybe when I get home I'll look up tectonic plates.

I said it before, I hope everyone is safe.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
Ok, CajunBoy, AuntB, And Happykat, I have a knack of asking some really stupid questions from time to time, so, Forgive me, BUT....With the recent earthquake activity in the Soloman Islands, they have had, to me, a constant shaking of earthquakes for the last 3-4 days. And they were almost all over 4.5 or higher. The first night of the earthquakes, they had 36 in an hour that were above 5. Could this activity affect the sinkhole in anyway?? Maybe when I get home I'll look up tectonic plates.

The Santa Cruz/Solomon Island area quakes are way too far away to have any effect on the sinkhole. In order for that to happen there would have to be "zipper Effect" series of quakes bringing them closer to our area. If that did happen the last thing we would have to worry about would be the sinkhole. If that much quake activity did happen the sinkhole would be little more than a pimple on the rear end of the rest of the disaster that would be in progress.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Polish1 there are no stupid questions, otherwise I would be queen of that. With all the quake activity that has been happening in the bayou, none have been large enough to be shown on USGS. Actually even if one was large enough, USGS has been hinkey lately so they may decide to keep that info to themselves. Happykat is correct, there are area that would be affected on a larges scale then the sinkhole.

Checked with my people in the East and they are hunkered down.
edit on 8-2-2013 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by AuntB

Originally posted by rickymouse
Has the temperature of the water there increased at all?
That is an interesting question. But I think with all the rain they have been having that it would be hard to get a true reading. I would like them to test the oil coming up and see where that is from.

BTW- Ricky are you thinking volcanic?
edit on 7-2-2013 by AuntB because: question

More like a volcanic fissure is my train of thought.
That is a scenario that I never really thought of. I will have to look up and learn some more about this. This is something I can't quite wrap my head around.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

That is a scenario that I never really thought of. I will have to look up and learn some more about this. This is something I can't quite wrap my head around.

There has been much speculation that there is a tar volcano in the area of the B P disaster. So it is not out of the realm of possibility that there is some kind of volcanic activity under the sinkhole. It doesn't matter what kind of activity it is either. Anything that erupts under the sinkhole would be a game changer almost on a biblical scale. That kind of eruption would be capable of upsetting the whole salt dome and it's neighbors as well. If something like that were to happen there is no telling how far it would spread.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
For a quickening of the earth to occur, you need water, salt, and currents of energy. The energy currents can come from moving water or any other movement. If you look up a few articles about quicksand and Lota or quick clay you will understand. The question is where does the energy come from. Is there energy coming from some underground water moving? Is there energy coming from the earth itself for some reason? Is there some manmade source of energy nearby that is adding to the energy of the natural things down below?

I doubt if that energy is coming from global warming
A tar volcano is also something that could add energy if that is possible. I don't know if it is though, I know nothing about the geology of the area. Calcium usually stabilizes quicksand.
edit on 8-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

Originally posted by thepolish1

The Santa Cruz/Solomon Island area quakes are way too far away to have any effect on the sinkhole. In order for that to happen there would have to be "zipper Effect" series of quakes bringing them closer to our area. If that did happen the last thing we would have to worry about would be the sinkhole. If that much quake activity did happen the sinkhole would be little more than a pimple on the rear end of the rest of the disaster that would be in progress.

Thank you HappyKat. I laughed at the way you put that. I know it is far away, but that is alot of activity that is still going on, for 3 or 4 days. There were a few 5+ in Mexico not too long ago. I love RSOE. I do have a basic understanding of how tetonic plates work, and the zipper affect would not be good.

Did they ever get all the butane and radioactive stuff out of the salt domes?? I really feel for you guys down there.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Polish1 there are no stupid questions, otherwise I would be queen of that. With all the quake activity that has been happening in the bayou, none have been large enough to be shown on USGS. Actually even if one was large enough, USGS has been hinkey lately so they may decide to keep that info to themselves. Happykat is correct, there are area that would be affected on a larges scale then the sinkhole.

Checked with my people in the East and they are hunkered down.
edit on 8-2-2013 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

Thank you Aunt B. I just am floored at how much stuff goes on, that the MSM doesn't report, I know how stupid that sounds. As I now know the MSM is biased. Since I have found this site, The only time I watch the news is to see if they will report something i have read on here. There were a few 5+ in Mexico not too long ago. My mind is thinking in overdrive, probably connecting dots that aren't meant to be connected. This is a conspricy site after all.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Did they ever get all the butane and radioactive stuff out of the salt domes?? I really feel for you guys down there.

From what little Texas Brine and the authorities are letting out it looks like it could be months before all the nearby caverns are emptied and over a year or two for caverns farther away if it comes to that.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Wow, That doesn't sit too well now does it??? It kinda sounds like they are dragging their feet to see if this will just go away. Well maybe, and let's hope it doesn't come to this, if something bad happens, SOMEONE will put on their big boy or girl didies, and take responsibility......Damn....sorry, I was dreaming.........

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The butane is still a long ways away from being completely empty. It is not half way empty yet. With the amount of butane that was stored in that cavern, it would take up to a year of complete removal. It is a complex process of keeping the pressure in the cavern right while pumping out.

Early last night, heavy tremors were felt.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
The butane is still a long ways away from being completely empty. It is not half way empty yet. With the amount of butane that was stored in that cavern, it would take up to a year of complete removal. It is a complex process of keeping the pressure in the cavern right while pumping out.

My sources have been rather quiet today. Do you have anything more on the heavy tremors?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There are a couple of place that I go to that seem dedicated to the Sinkhole. I found a blog spot that has a theory. This person seems knowledgeable and has some interesting writings.

Truth is, this 3-D Survey reveals some very telling details. Although not definitive, it seems the working theory is this: Texas Brine milled out a section around 2350 ft. right on a major fault section closest to the casing, not considering they had very little salt to work with there. The salt is either washed away and damaging the shale formations close to the fault line, or overpumped freshwater in the millout to have accomplished the same thing.

The whole blog can be found here: Louisiana Sinkhole: Answers are Forthcoming (unsure if it is okay to link a blog spot)

I have been reading this persons work/speculations and he has some interesting information that is worth considering.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

Originally posted by CajunBoy

My sources have been rather quiet today. Do you have anything more on the heavy tremors?

!. my question is why are they relocating that butane to another spot in the salt dome if the whole thing could be compromised. They will admit that they don't know but I guess they are hoping that the sinkhole area will be the only affected area.

I think officials are hoping to ignore the tremors. To acknowledge would be to admit that this thing is still on going. If the tremors are getting stronger or more frequent, IMO the officials would have to admit that the steps they are taking are not working.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

State Expert: We’re now looking at the stability of 7 salt caverns by giant sinkhole — We used to be mainly worried about just one — “A lot of things going on”
Source is enenews so draw your own conclusions but if this is true then we have been spot on when we have speculated that the entire dome has been compromised.
HERE enenews link with a video link in the article.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

State Expert: We’re now looking at the stability of 7 salt caverns by giant sinkhole — We used to be mainly worried about just one — “A lot of things going on”
Source is enenews so draw your own conclusions but if this is true then we have been spot on when we have speculated that the entire dome has been compromised.
HERE enenews link with a video link in the article.

WOW - The experts are just coming to that conclusion now??? We at ATS have been speculating about that for months already. Now the question is; how much dangerous material is still in those caverns, and how long will it take to empty them out? If they keep dragging their heels like they have been the whole thing will collapse while there are still mega amounts of toxic and/or explosive material left.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ok, I'll try to re cap the contents of the domes, from memory I'm afraid, But one was filled with 1.5 million barrels of liquid butane, one had toxic waste, and I can't remember what was in the third one. But, it's about time someone is finally figuring out there is something wrong going on. It would be great to find out what else they are storing in 7?? different caverns?????? Oh, I forgot the methane coming out of the sinkhole, and other places. It just makes me wonder how many people they hired with collage educations, Which goes to show, you can go to collage for 8 years and STILL be the STUPIDIST people on earth. And some people wonder why people are giving up on the human race??!!!

Oh yeah, Happykat, I think your proverbial pimple just turned into a festering boil, realll fast.
edit on 10-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It has been a quiet day down here today. Though tonight and all day tomorrow we will have heavy rain.

As for the stability of the other caverns, if something is found, we will have a few fortune 500 companies involved. If I am correct, the big three will be Exxon, Cheveron, and DOW Chemical. If this is the case, we will be seeing lawsuits come out left and right. This can turn into huge mess filled with animosity and finger pointing. Unfortunately, the local residents will be collateral. I'm not saying BC residents only anymore. The effected people will be BC, Pierre Part, Grand Bayou, and parts of Belle Rose.
edit on 10-2-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Oh yeah, Happykat, I think your proverbial pimple just turned into a festering boil, realll fast.

Ya Think??? It would be funnier if it weren't true.

As for the college degrees, you do know what the letters stand for don't you???

BS is simple and should need no further explanation.

MS is more of the same

PHD is piled higher and deeper.

And what do they say???...

The postgrad student with a degree in physics asks "Why does it work"?

The postgrad student with a degree in engineering asks "How does it work"?

The postgrad student with a degree in finance asks "How much will it cost to make it work"?

The postgrad student with a degree in liberal arts asks "Do you want fries with that order"?

I think most of the college grads they have working on the sinkhole project are liberal arts degree holders.

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join