It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

I wish I could, but I will be working for during the super bowl lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy

I wish I could, but I will be working for during the super bowl lol.

I might watch the Super Bowl this year, just to see if anything happens. When is it anyway?? First Sunday of Feburary??? Yes. Well, be safe CB and keep us updated.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yes Sunday February 3rd. I hate football, but I'll be watching it too just in case anything happens ... aliens, sinkhole hitting the fan, earthquake, or nothing ... we'll see ^_^

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Word of mouth report: That lunch John Boudreaux had with the guy from Texas Brine was definitely sinkhole related. Still no word on what it was about but a resident had walked up to them and had a conversation about how long the evacuation will last. John B. told him as long as a year and the TB guy said it was completety unreasonable, it could be lifted as early as April.

Looks like the state and the company are not even close on this.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by erikahoney2014

I just need to save my wine for Sunday....Can't watch football without something!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Found this on another site. New flyover. It looks like the water is lowering. Anyone else agree?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Word of mouth report: That lunch John Boudreaux had with the guy from Texas Brine was definitely sinkhole related. Still no word on what it was about but a resident had walked up to them and had a conversation about how long the evacuation will last. John B. told him as long as a year and the TB guy said it was completety unreasonable, it could be lifted as early as April.

Looks like the state and the company are not even close on this.
Even if the people moved back, what kind of water system do they have there? Is it all private wells or town water system? With the way bubble spots keep popping up, I would agree with John B- year +

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Another somewhat new update from Celestial Convergence and On Wings of Care...

SOURCE #1

Five weeks after our last update of December 24 on the Bayou Corne sinkhole, we are finding that things actually look a bit worse. The water levels seems higher, and the work efforts appear to have subsided. Equipment has been removed, and the homes to the west and northwest of the sinkhole look seriously unpopulated.

The recent seismic activity has people and the government concerned, and evacuees cannot expect to be able to return to their homes or communities any time soon.

SOURCE #2

There are some good pre and post sinkhole pics at source #2. Click on any of them to enlarge.

The following Google Earth maps of our flight track show the background as it looked long before this sinkhole developed (the image is stamped with "©2013 Google" but the Google image was not taken in 2013!). The blue line is our flight track; each photo is a progressively tighter zoom in. The third photo of the sinkhole in this group will give you a quick idea of how much the immediate area has changed, and how large a sinkhole has developed where previously there was none. Many more photos plus a video are included below.

Concerned citizens have kept information flowing with Facebook and email, and many have posted regular aerial videos on youtube (see, e.g., this summary of videos between August 2012 and January 2013). Please see our December 24 and August 13 articles also for comparison with our prior photos and videos.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ok, I was looking at infrastructure dealing with LA 70 and the sinkhole. Running along 70 is electric, water, and gas lines for Bayou Corne and Pierre Part. They already know it will more than likely reach LA70. I asked. Around if there is a contingency plan to fix the situation if this would happen, and yes there is. Thing is, what would they do? That is a lot of utility line they would have to get built to go around. Well, we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow, it totally slipped my mind about the evacuation. Anyone else just realized that of something were to happen no one would be liable?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

I actually wrote a short story back when the B P disaster was still at it's peak that dealt with this subject. I would post it here but it is no longer available on the site I posted it on and a hard drive failure took out the copy I had on disc.

But the scenario was that when B P decided to nuke the well to seal it a Meteor struck the gulf (to fit a biblical reference because I posted it on a Christian site) and caused the whole gulf floor to erupt which triggered the New Madrid which in turn triggered Yellowstone which triggered the Cascadia fault which started a "zipper effect" chain of events that led to unzipping the entire ring of fire. It continued on to trigger just about every other major fault in the rest of the world and ended up being the earthquake of biblical prophecy that caused every mountain to come down and every island to disappear into the sea. The story continued through a slow and painful recovery of civilization and the rise of the man of peace who would turn out to be the antichrist.

I am really POd that I didn't have it backed up better because it received high acclaim from those who read it and I was quite proud of it as well.
edit on 25-1-2013 by happykat39 because: typo

I would have really liked to have read that! Are you sure it isn't still where you originally posted it?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by justlittleoldme

I would have really liked to have read that! Are you sure it isn't still where you originally posted it?

Its a long story, but yes I am absolutely sure it has been deleted from the site I posted it on. It was done at my request after a big falling out, then later the hard drive it was on crashed. I thought I might have had a printout of it bu no go.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Wow, it totally slipped my mind about the evacuation. Anyone else just realized that of something were to happen no one would be liable?
What are you talking about? If you are speaking of the evacuation of the homes, well officials have failed to enforce. From what I have read people are still there- by choice and the officials have not removed the people. Example: The guy at Mt. St Helens, he refused to leave, he stayed and he died but it was his choice, he was responsible for himself.

Texas Brine, the State and the locals are all responsible, they would fight over who is to pay up for property but. TB allegedly put in writing that the dome had issues, the state allegedly buried said report and local officials are not enforcing a mandatory evacuation. Loss of property someone would have to cut a check because insurance companies would fight hard to see that the liable party paid (anyone but them).

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

It is a mandatory evacuation and yes there is still a lot of people there. If it is one thing you will learn about cajuns is most of us are hard headed."I went through Hurricane Betsy, nothing can get worse than that." That is all I heard growing up. Those who do evacuate feel comfortable doing so because they know there is people who stayed behind and will look after there property.

With a mandatory evacuation, not one is responsible for your life but you at that point, you were spot on with that AuntB.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

January 30, 2013 @ 6:00 p.m. Assumption Parish Community Center This public meeting will consist of Texas Brine officials providing information specific to their activities.

Can't wait to see what news comes out of this meeting. Tomorrow should be a good news day unless TB decides to stonewall.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The latest update from Celestial Convergence and The Advocate. Coverage of the T B meeting is included.

The Texas Brine Sinkhole Project Raises Concerns About Potential Effects From Seismic Waves On Resident's Property, Scientist Believe Salt Cavern In Napoleonville Dome Failed Far Underground!

SOURCE #1

Consultants working with Texas Brine Co. LLC to create finely detailed images of subsurface features beneath an 8.6-acre sinkhole and nearby swampland communities sought Wednesday night to allay concerns about potential effects from the seismic work. Confronting the consultants were not only people worrying about what the seismic waves might do to their properties but also some audience members’ expressions of continuing frustration and skepticism stemming from the nearly six-month evacuation ordered just after the sinkhole erupted Aug. 3 in northern Assumption Parish swampland near Bayou Corne.

Hill said the vibrations would be less than the shaking caused by the 18-wheelers that regularly drive by on La. 70 South through the Bayou Corne area. He said that the new seismic images will be compared with 3-D seismic imagery taken of the same area in 2007. “Now we’re trying to put together an image from before and after. We really don’t know what ‘right now’ looks like, and until we do, we’re kind of all guessing,” Hill said.

SOURCE #2

Consultants grilled over seismic work

BY DAVID J. MITCHELL
River Parishes bureau
January 31, 2013

NAPOLEONVILLE — Consultants working with Texas Brine Co. LLC to create finely detailed images of subsurface features beneath an 8.6-acre sinkhole and nearby swampland communities sought Wednesday night to allay concerns about potential effects from the seismic work.

Under a modified order from the Louisiana Office of Conservation, Texas Brine is planning to create a three-dimensional seismic image peering as far down as 7,000 feet beneath the sinkhole area.

Scientists believe a Texas Brine salt cavern in the Napoleonville Dome failed far underground, causing the sinkhole to form and releasing crude oil and gas from the formations in contact with the big salt dome.

But Hill and other Texas Brine consultants were confronted with questions about whether termites would be stirred up by the energy waves or whether the seismic could void their termite contracts. Residents also voiced concerns about the company’s agreement to allow access and what effect the seismic waves would have on residents’ property.

edit on 31-1-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Can it get any better??
I really feel for you guys. I hope you all the best, And CB, hang in there!!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Some more update from the T B meeting and a new flyover from today 1/31/2013.

You can see the videos from the meeting HERE. The meeting is in ten parts. This YouTube page is a comprehensive collection of the meetings and flyovers. When you get to the bottom of the page just click on "load more" to continue on to older material.

SOURCE #1

There is a short clip from the meeting of one unhappy Cajun at this source page.

January 31, 2013 - UNITED STATES - A community in Assumption Parish meeting got heated after Texas Brine Officials and representatives from it’s contracted companies tried to give an update to residents of Bayou Corne...

“I don’t trust anything that we’ve heard so far,” Wallace Cavalier, Bayou Corne resident, exclaimed. “We hear the same thing over and over again. Everything is safe. They have an answer for everything, and they really don’t know nothing. Mother nature is going to have to handle this.”... “I don’t see any scientist or anybody in this world correcting this problem,” Cavalier disagreed. “Mother nature is going to have to correct this problem."... “We are tired and this is getting even worse. Unbelievable,” [Kenny Simoneaux, Bayou Corne resident] stated... “The land is contaminated.The water is contaminated. The air is contaminated. It is not a safe place for anyone to live,”

SOURCE #2

"We've been out of our homes for six months now. We are looking for some realistic answers. We are getting tired of hearing all the technical jargon," Kenny Simoneaux, Bayou Corne resident, shouted.

"Of course I've been out of first grade for awhile now. A first grader could have understand how he was talking," Simoneaux was outraged. "I hate being talk down to that way."

A second meeting is scheduled for February 6 at 6:00 p.m. at the Assumption Community Center. The meeting will only be state and local officials answering questions.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Okay, so people have been displaced from their homes for SIX MONTHS??
NO! The company who caused this needs to buy out all resident homes at a fair price and let these people move on with their lives. This is ridiculous, no way would anyone want to continue to live in a contaminated area. Now, I don't understand- is this thing ever going to stop growing? How much more area could be affected by it spreading? This is just terrible, to all of ya'll who live in that area, I am so sorry for this mess you are having to deal with. On top of that, a lack of real answers to very real concerns and questions. Unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
More bubble sites have been located. More info later on the day. I'm trying to enjoy Mardi Gras past couple days.

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join