It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
reply to post by Olivine

Whoa! That is something. Reminds me of that machine that goes way up and slams down, I have no clue what that is called but what are they doing???? Thanks for the heads up Olivine.

It is called a pile driver. It is used to drive steel beams or caissons into ground too soft to support a large structure until they hit bedrock. Then the pilings will be able to support whatever they want to build on them. On a smaller scale you have the fence post driver which is used to drive posts into the ground by hand for fencing.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lurksoften
reply to post by Olivine

did you look at the others too?

Lot of shakin going on at a few.

Hoping it is just the bad weather thats going through there at the moment.
edit on 10-1-2013 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

There is some quake like activity in the seismos, but the narrow spikes are definitely some kind of periodic man made disturbance like you would expect from a huge piston type pump or a pile driver which could be used to drive well casings into the drilled holes.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

I did, lurksoften. At first I thought it must just be that sensor acting wonky, but you can see the same repeating signal on LA03.

The seimometer from LA 11 is 130 meters below ground, so the weather is not directly affecting it. It could be that the seismos with the repeating spikes are experiencing technical difficulties...maybe TA or Puterman could weigh in?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They have had a thumper truck on site lately. They are looking for voids under the ground using seismic waves from the truck.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
They have had a thumper truck on site lately. They are looking for voids under the ground using seismic waves from the truck.

That certainly explains the spikes in the seismos. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
That is interesting. So should I assume that they think there may be collapses other then at the sinkhole?

Kat- thanks for the word- pile driver was what I was thinking of.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I am back had some issues with my account here for a bit
Happy to see everyone is still updating the thread. L.A has been getting a lot of rain many areas are flooding only time will tell whether or not this major influx of rain will have a negative effect on the sinkhole. To be continued.......
edit on 10-1-2013 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Breaking news thread about chemical smell in St. Bernard Parish over two townships. How far is this from sinkhole. One person in the area also said he heard two booms.

Chemical Smell in St. Bernard Parish

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

St. Bernard is 70 miles (may be 10 miles off) east of the sinkhole. On the other side of New Orleans. There are a few refineries, a port, and a sugar mill (Dominos Sugar, y'all may have heard of them). A lot of these facilities surround the city of Chalmette. I have a friend who lives there and I'll give her a call to her in the morning. My best guess is it is one of those three things that would cause an explosion with a chemical smell. I'll keep y'all updated when news comes in.

Well there is a Naval Station across the river from Chalmette in Belle Chase, may also be a possibility. Off topic but I've seen drones take off from that station, pretty neat and scary at the same time.
edit on 11-1-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 11-1-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Isn't this funny... DEQ is out in Chalmette to figure out what the odor is. What they believe is that the odor is no other than SO2. Refineries are allowed to emit small amounts of SO2.

The entire state is under a deceleration of emergency now with the amount of rain we have been having. I checked, no flooding in BC as of yet, but water levels can still rise when there is no rain. I'm really eager and nervous at the same time to see the condition at the sinkhole right now.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Louisiana governor declares state of emergency as storm drenches region

I wonder what effect this will have on the Bayou Corne sinkhole and what Jindal will do about it now? Or will he continue to duck (the issues) and cover (his a$$et)?

SOURCE

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal declared a state of emergency Thursday, as the National Weather Service issued multiple flood warnings after severe weather drenched the state's southeast region.

The region won't be drying out anytime soon. Another storm system is expected to bring heavy rainfall Saturday night through Monday, according to the National Weather Service.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yep, we been getting a lot of rain lately. Hell it's light drizzle right now. We are also in a new Flood Advisary till Tuesday. A lot of neighborhoods ands yards are flooded with water. They have been pumping out canals 24 hours a day.

I got word of water levels in the Bayou Corne and Pierre Part area. No flooding but water levels on the canals and bayous are higher than average.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Any wells being drilled anywhere near the Napoleonville Salt Dome area seems the height of irresponsibility on the part of LDNR. Although, many have defended Louisiana Dept. of Natural Resources because these permits were already in the process before the actual “Stinkhole” formed, seem empty and hollow to the victims of this environmental disaster.

This does make one wonder what is going on. They have permits in process and can't stop them? What?

Here is an opinion written. Does make one wonder.GULF SOUTH DRILLING NEAR LOUISIANA SINKHOLE

beta.lpb.org.../ I got this from The Bayou Bugle, they collect all the info on the sinkhole. Sinkhole is now being referred to as Lake FUBAR.
edit on 13-1-2013 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2013 by AuntB because: fixed link.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I just came across this video. It looks like a new one that hasn't been posted here yet.

Text from the description of the video on the YouTube site...

Published on Jan 10, 2013

The sinkhole in Bayou Corne, LA is NOT just a hole in the ground! This is a toxic, man made disaster, that has affected many lives, and has the potential to affect many more.

We, the people of the area, do not feel that the state government is doing a sufficient job of cleaning this mess up. Please sign our petition to take this out of the state's hands, and hopefully get this resolved.

People need to move on with their lives here, and we currently cannot do that. We are stuck in sinkhole limbo! Not to mention the cumulative effect of being around these chemicals for an extended period of time.

edit on 13-1-2013 by happykat39 because: added text

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

ALL oil drilling operations near the sinkhole have been put on hold till further notice. This was a few weeks back. If this is new, something is fishy, and I am not talking about the fish kill in Bayou Corne.
edit on 13-1-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I don't know anything about the sinkhole, just going to share a link I found earlier tonight, don't know if it has been posted yet or not.
PBS

It is a video done by the local PBS channel, I think it's fairly new, as they talk about another petition that has gone up. I really hope they get this whole mess sorted out soon!

edit on 14-1-2013 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

There is another petition, I would of posted it, but can't due to forum rules. And yes, I've yet to see this one.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Maybe you can u2u me the other petition I have signed every one of them I have come across!! I think this situation needs more eyes on it!!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
reply to post by CajunBoy

Maybe you can u2u me the other petition I have signed every one of them I have come across!! I think this situation needs more eyes on it!!

Go to my website. I have one of them posted there. The link is in my sig line. And if someone can e-mail me the other one I will post it too. My e-mail is at the bottom of all the articles I wrote myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join