It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I've taken today and the next 3 days off. Got to get away from life for a bit. I'm staying in Biloxi, Mississippi for a little. Blow my money away, you know what people do in gambling towns lol.

I do leave y'all with some articles, first one made me chuckle! We know where our governor has been an what he has been doing! I dislike him so much right now.

theadvocate.com...

The next one is of a sinkhole that sorta formed from similar circumstances in Daisetta, Texas.
m.mnn.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

I can't begin to imagine the level of stress on you and the rest of the people in the area of the sinkhole. Take care my friend and have a restful holiday, you need and deserve it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I still say invite all the big wigs there for a weinie roast, and fireworks.

I am nausated at the fact that Texas Brine is still making money off of this hole?? Man, What about all the people that are displaced? Like I said way earlier, everyone that has been displaced, live around, ect, should file a class action law suit, and really put it to them,

I can't say what I wanna say, cuz, I don't want my post removed, but I'm sure everyone can come up with a few.

Glad your getting out for a while Cajun. Just let me know what the air does to ya, It might feel funny at first, but you'll be ok!!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ok, a new petition created by residents is starting to take off. I would link but I wish to follow ATS rules. They will start airing the petition on local news stations thanks to hard work by some Of the residents. It is also ment rot be a slap in the face to bobby Jindal

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Texas Brine Company, LLC UPDATE January 4, 2013

NOTE TO THE MEDIA Effective today and going forward, we will only issue updates on those days when there are activities that would be deemed reportable or of possible interest for follow-up. If there are any questions regarding any aspect of Texas Brine’s response effort, please contact: Sonny Cranch 225.921.1942

1. Water that had migrated into the casing of the shallow aquifer Relief Well was removed this afternoon. Following removal of the water, the 24-hour flow rate increased to a calculated 30,000 cubic feet, up from 20,000 cubic feet the previous day

Source
edit on 8-1-2013 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

Assumption Parish Operational Situation Summary

– Parish Emergency Declared – 19 June 2012
• Extended 30 days on 4 January , 2013

– An office trailer will be replacing the GOHSEP vehicle and will serve as a consolidated command post for the Assumption Unified Command

– All state agencies currently involved with the event will continue to be in attendance.

• Seismic equipment near the sinkhole detected the Alaska earthquake at approximately 3:00AM on Saturday, 5
January, 2013.

• Texas Brine has filed for injunctive relief from the directive to drill to 6,000ft. seismic wells

Next Operational Period (8 – 10 Jan 2013)
Incident Action Plan

– Texas Brine’s contractor plans to begin seismic profile
– Texas Brine’s contractor is installing six surface seismic casings

Source

went back a few pages did not see a recent flyover.

edit on 9-1-2013 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Weather update. Yesterday and today has been and will be all day heavy rain. In my area it is near flooding. The ditches, bayous, and canals are all swollen and ready to overflow. Havn't been able to get an update on the hole but will as soon as possible. They are probably near flooding too

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Experts say sinkhole gas burning off slowly

I just found this update, dated yesterday - 1/8/2012, that seems to actually have a little new information.

SOURCE

One-tenth to one-twentieth of the methane gas estimated to be trapped under the Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou communities in northern Assumption Parish has been burned off so far, according to parish emergency response officials.

The pace of installing the wells that will vent the gas has drawn fire from residents and parish officials. Parish Police Jury President Martin “Marty” Triche raised this issue last month during a community meeting in Napoleonville.

“I just want to tell that you sit here and you tell us you’ve committed to doing everything you can to resolve the situation and all we can do is take you at face value,” Triche told Bruce Martin, Texas Brine’s vice president of operations, during the meeting amid a broad critique of the company’s response.

“But I can tell you, for those of you that were here, the response to the 2003 incident and what we see today are night and day,” Triche said.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This has just come to my attention. Some residents are starting to see structural damage to there homes. Homes are starting to settle at a faster rate than normal. Pretty much some houses are starting to sink. A lot are minor and can be notice inside the home. When a house settles you can see cracks appear in the corner of a room. I see this on my house many times but I live on a levee and the ground shifts time to time.

Again, residents are seeing home damage now. I don't have any photos of the damage yet but I have photos of my house with similar damage I can post later.
edit on 9-1-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
This has just come to my attention. Some residents are starting to see structural damage to there homes. Homes are starting to settle at a faster rate than normal. Pretty much some houses are starting to sink. A lot are minor and can be notice inside the home. When a house settles you can see cracks appear in the corner of a room. I see this on my house many times but I live on a levee and the ground shifts time to time.

Again, residents are seeing home damage now. I don't have any photos of the damage yet but I have photos of my house with similar damage I can post later.

Thanks for info Cajun. How far are the evacuated homes from the sinkhole?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Here are a few photos I came across

bridgethegulfproject.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Perfect! That is what residents are seeing at numerous homes. This is not good at all. It looks minor but that is $10k+ worth of damage. That's IF the home can be salvaged.

Also, evacuation radius is 2 mile circle around the sinkhole.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

– An office trailer will be replacing the GOHSEP vehicle and will serve as a consolidated command post for the Assumption Unified Command
Did anyone notice this in Lurksoften's post? An official trailer. Am I to assume that it will be a State trailer or are they handing this over to Texas Brine and TB is putting in a permanent trailer.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Here are a few photos I came across

bridgethegulfproject.org...
I really hope some of these residents are using elevation devices. I would like to know if the land is slowly sinking or rising. Some GPS items have that ability to tell you the elevation.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

They didn't, but I'm sure some will be set up in the next coming weeks. My money is on sinking though. The sinkhole displaced a lot of earth. The land around it is sorta being pulled in. With the amount of rain we got and are about to get, it just makes the ground that more soft.

We have been in a flash flood watch since yesterday and isn't going to be left till 6pm tomorrow

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Prior to the sinkhole opening, residents reported booming noises. I haven't heard any new reports of unexplained booming. Was this booming the collapsing of the cavern? I do wonder if there will be more booms and more sinkholes forming. All this rain will wreak havoc on the area.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

yea was wondering the same thing here getting hit pretty hard by rain right now.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Are they drilling at the site currently, or putting in casing of some kind? Any activity that would involve repeated pounding? Because the surface LA10 and borehole LA11 seismos at the sinkhole, look weird.
This is a link to GS. LA11. EHZ from Iris:

Here is a link for the same station from CERI

What is weird is that these repetative "snaps" started at 4:00am local time. Do they start work that early?

The first time this type of signal shows up is about 11:00 am yesterday. It has got to be man-made. Some of the amplitudes this morning have been in the millimeters/sec range (that's pretty big). If they were "normal earthquakes" they would be showing on seismometers hundreds of kilometers away.

edit on 1/10/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Whoa! That is something. Reminds me of that machine that goes way up and slams down, I have no clue what that is called but what are they doing???? Thanks for the heads up Olivine.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

did you look at the others too?

Lot of shakin going on at a few.

Hoping it is just the bad weather thats going through there at the moment.
edit on 10-1-2013 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join