It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
reply to post by tracehd1

I know I read that yesterday. Geez connect the dots- media black out on sinkhole, fema mass fatality bill, Obama throws debate. Something seriously is up.

Wow how big of a crayon did you need to connect these dots?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

As I keep stating my main concern is the environmental and health impact this may be causing. How many people have to get sick before they say whoops, I guess the contamination went further then we thought. I posted a video on another thread of a woman that stated her whole family was barren and cancer was huge in that area.

These tremors are signs that you maybe jacking up you house every two years instead of every five. That maybe fine because that is just part of owning a home in that area. So what are your thoughts on the health risks?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Tremors, earthquakes, and all erosion is all part of life here. Louisiana is new wet land compared to the rest of the US. Of course there will be land settling. As for natural gas and hydrocarbons being leaked... It is a natural by product of the swamp. As for cancer I am not surprised, the Mississippi River is known as Cancer Ally, a lot of the chemicals from upstream come here. I am more worried about what goes on way up river than closer to home. You can blame it on Monsanto or other chemical companies to simple boat traffic on the river. Those are causing more damage to our area than this sinkhole ever will. I live on Bayou Lafourche so I get a lot of the Mississippi water in my backyard. I dare not swim in the water. Did once, sliced my foot open and got 3 infections. Best time being drunk.

I've been on Grand Isle pretty much all summer. Fishing, swimming, and water sports. The Gulf of Mexico has been a dumping ground for weapons and chemical weapons for the united states for decades. Now that the oil companies are being portrayed as evil, every little thing they do is horrible.
edit on 7-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I am concerned that the chemical cocktail that has been used to clean up the oil disaster is mixing with other chems being stored in the domes, causing the "salt" to disolve, or melt away.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Senator; La sink-hole a Catastrophic Lake Peigneur genocide

Assumption Parish President Mike Waguespack said at Saturday night’s community meeting that water well testing has expanded to a 10-mile diameter from the sinkhole, now threatening Mississippi River Alluvial Aquifer supplying water to millions of south Louisianians.

"This is genocide,” said Mills of Assumption's neighboring parishes, Iberia and St. Martin, heart of Southern Louisiana culture. “This is a statewide issue. There’s more arsenic in water here now, and other contaminants. It’s just getting worse.”

2 yrs after the BP spill

n March 3 Nicole Maurer learned of the proposed settlement between BP and hundreds of thousands of Gulf Coast businesses and residents harmed by its 2010 oil spill, the largest in US history.   In her cramped but immaculate trailer on a muddy back road in the small town of Buras, Louisiana, Nicole tells me that the two years since the tragedy began on April 20, 2010, have been “a total nightmare” for her family. Not only has her husband William’s fishing income all but vanished along with the shrimp he used to catch but the entire family is plagued by persistent health problems.

This is a fishing community and it is devastated as a whole. These families come from generations of self-reliant fishermen before the BP oil spill. But now they are depending on donations from charities like Feed the Children and Salvation Army,” Reverend August Piquet, who heads St. Joseph Baptist Church, told The Final Call.

Still suffering....who the hell cares...it's not hurting me.....yet!!!

Research...because it will effect you....bottom line though...these people need help and attention!!! What if it were you??

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
Senator; La sink-hole a Catastrophic Lake Peigneur genocide

Assumption Parish President Mike Waguespack said at Saturday night’s community meeting that water well testing has expanded to a 10-mile diameter from the sinkhole, now threatening Mississippi River Alluvial Aquifer supplying water to millions of south Louisianians.

"This is genocide,” said Mills of Assumption's neighboring parishes, Iberia and St. Martin, heart of Southern Louisiana culture. “This is a statewide issue. There’s more arsenic in water here now, and other contaminants. It’s just getting worse.”

2 yrs after the BP spill

n March 3 Nicole Maurer learned of the proposed settlement between BP and hundreds of thousands of Gulf Coast businesses and residents harmed by its 2010 oil spill, the largest in US history.   In her cramped but immaculate trailer on a muddy back road in the small town of Buras, Louisiana, Nicole tells me that the two years since the tragedy began on April 20, 2010, have been “a total nightmare” for her family. Not only has her husband William’s fishing income all but vanished along with the shrimp he used to catch but the entire family is plagued by persistent health problems.

This is a fishing community and it is devastated as a whole. These families come from generations of self-reliant fishermen before the BP oil spill. But now they are depending on donations from charities like Feed the Children and Salvation Army,” Reverend August Piquet, who heads St. Joseph Baptist Church, told The Final Call.

Still suffering....who the hell cares...it's not hurting me.....yet!!!

Research...because it will effect you....bottom line though...these people need help and attention!!! What if it were you??

With the sickness it could be mass hysteria. I live along the Gulf and never experienced anything of what they are describing. As for the lack of shrimp. You have your good season and your bad. Hell the Mississippi reach record lows this year and that is bound to effect next season's catch. You can't just simply blame chemicals they used. They used fractions compared to the amount of water in the gulf.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Ahhh good... someone that's not wringing their hands, wailing, and gnashing their teeth.

Texas Brine- They supply brine and receive brine from the various storage wells in the area. I did the programming for the control system on a cavern that we called Napoleanville Storage a few years ago. Texas Brine had a sweet deal. They made money coming and going.

The facility that I worked at stored liquid propane and butane in a salt cavern. BTW- The process of leaching a salt cavern out is pretty interesting but too much for this post. Depending on the formation, they can store liquid or high pressure natural gas.

Here's how it worked at Napoleanville. The company stores propane while prices are low and takes it out when prices are high. At least that's the intent. It doesn't always work that way. Anyway, when they start adding propane to the cavern brine is displaced. BTW- they use brine (hyper saline water) because it doesn't affect the size of the cavern. The brine has to go somewhere. Texas Brine charges a fee to take the brine from them. The diesel pad that is one top of the brine is displaced out and into holding tanks.

Ok so now we have to get the propane out of the dome and on to the end users. That means that they have to receive brine from Texas Brine, for a fee. Texas Brine pumps diesel into the dome which displaces salt water out and into the dome that contains propane. The brine displaces the propane out, through driers (water saturated propane causes pipeline freezing issues, and into the delivery pipeline.

So, it sounds like Texas Brines cavern has been compromised. No telling how or why...

The comment about Lake Varret dropping is interesting. I would add upstream drought conditions to the list of probable culprits.

Here's a LINK to a Wikipedia article about a drilling accident that happened back in 1980. Things went pretty fast. If Lake Varret was draining into a salt dome and it's fresh water things would go a lot faster imho.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Mighty Cthulhu is RISING!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hello, I have been following this thread just for the past 24 hours. I sent an E-mail to the Texas Brine Company asking if they could give me any info on what in there and whats causing the sinkhole. Should I be worried of any repercussions by the government or am I just being paranoid? Thanks for the time..

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's a salt dome... 1 mile by 3 mile area that is supposedly sinking...

Means GTFO of a large area...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This was just tweeted by our local Fox station:

BAYOU CORNE, La. (AP) - The emergency preparedness director for Assumption Parish says wells are being dug to vent and investigate natural gas trapped beneath a community near a 4-acre sinkhole. An unknown amount of gas is trapped below Bayou Corne. The water-bearing sands are under a layer of clay. John Boudreaux tells The Advocate there are worries the gas might build up pressure under that clay. He says contractors began driving casing on Saturday for three vent wells to get a better idea about what is happening underground. He said crews also have begun installing underground devices called geoprobes to monitor gas levels. Bayou Corne's 150 households have been evacuated since the sinkhole appeared Aug. 3. It is just off the edge of the Napoleonville Dome, a 1-mile-by-3-mile underground salt deposit.

Fox

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

Hi, i am rw sanders, very former huffington post blogger who has written mostly politics, but many ufo pieces for five years before sale to aol.

I have read that tbone pickens is buying up the panhandle of texas in order to drain the ogalallah aquafier. texas law allows one to drill til their heart's content on anything under their land. i read he is pumping the aquafier that supplies almost the entire midwest, into polluting plastic bottles and will sell it back when the price spikes due to drought. this is really a very impressive false flag operation by old slim. he mesmerizes us with talk of natural gas cars and wind power, while buying up his land for the water. he did not make billions by being stupid, just evil i guess.

i also would question the impact of the gulf oil spill, which when considering how big the leak, must have changed the geography under much of louisanna. thank the same halliburton cement that electrocuted showering soldiers in iraq! alex jones believes it a plot to eliminate the population there and turn la into a giant refinery and fema camp. lol

it is difficult to say, without extensive research, what causes such shifts in the earth. is it nibiru? dick cheney? halliburton? alex jones? or most of the above? rw
edit on 7-10-2012 by dubthebeachcomber because: typo

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubthebeachcomber

Hi, i am rw sanders, very former huffington post blogger who has written mostly politics, but many ufo pieces for five years before sale to aol.

I have read that tbone pickens is buying up the panhandle of texas in order to drain the ogalallah aquafier. texas law allows one to drill til their heart's content on anything under their land. i read he is pumping the aquafier that supplies almost the entire midwest, into polluting plastic bottles and will sell it back when the price spikes due to drought. this is really a very impressive false flag operation by old slim. he mesmerizes us with talk of natural gas cars and wind power, while buying up his land for the water. he did not make billions by being stupid, just evil i guess.

i also would question the impact of the gulf oil spill, which when considering how big the leak, must have changed the geography under much of louisanna. thank the same halliburton cement that electrocuted showering soldiers in iraq! alex jones believes it a plot to eliminate the population there and turn la into a giant refinery and fema camp. lol

it is difficult to say, without extensive research, what causes such shifts in the earth. is it nibiru? dick cheney? halliburton? alex jones? or most of the above? rw
edit on 7-10-2012 by dubthebeachcomber because: typo

To be honest, I am a firm believer in a biotic oil theory. The earth for millions of years have been releasing hydrocarbons. Maybe there is a buildup of pressure on the Gulf of Mexico not caused by BP and the oil spill but by the extreme amounts of methane under the crust.

Louisiana is a special place, the land is fairly new compared to the rest of the Americas.

Yes they use horrible toxins in the the Gulf, but it is like the equivalent of industrial Dawn soap. You can blame this drought for not filling up the Mississippi with fresh water to push all the chemicals further out.

I was just driving my car today thinking, why isn't this a federal issue. The state of Louisiana has a lot at stake here if this turns into a overblown environmental disaster. Gas prices will skyrocket and Louisiana's economy will go in the #ter because people do not realize that people make their living off of natural fuels. The moratorium by Obama on the Gulf Coast is the reason many lost their jobs. Another reason is it gives people the idea the the seafood is not safe. I can assure you it is. American's think only humans can be born without deformities (naturally).

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
FYI

enenews.com... above-75-psi-new-footage-inside-sinkhole-video

Officials: Pressure building in aquifer to “explosive concentrations”? Geologists say top layer may not hold back gas if above 75 psi — New footage inside giant sinkhole

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Thanks for that SW. I am about 150 miles West of there, but I'm really concerned about friends that are within 20 miles from there.Trying to find info from the local media here is like pulling teeth. It's almost as if it's a taboo subject.

Well the Saints just beat San Diego and Brees topped Johnny Unitas' consecutive TD pass record. Soooo, hopefully that will turn all of our troubles down here around.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Originally posted by Saucerwench
reply to post by deadeyedick

4 is no small matter. I well remember the quake of 2010, from the Sandwich Fault Zone in Illinois, felt as far away as in Tennessee and Georgia, and it was only a 3.8.

Well I guess it's time for me to consider a bugout bag finally......I just never wanted to go there. Denail is a powerfull mental river....

Born and raised in Los Angeles here, a 4.0 IS a small earthquake. We shrug those off, most time nothing is even said about them.

It's good to have a bugout bag, but you don't have to make it seem like it's the end of the world - "The quake of 2010, a 3.8". I know you're not accustomed to earthquakes, but I can assure you a 4.0 or even 5.0 will not collapse society. You'll be fine bro.

No, it won't collapse society, but the Richter Scale is a poor measure to compare CA quakes to New Madrid-area quakes. I don't know the "equivalency", but a 4.0 there has far more powerful effects than a 4.0 in CA. I live in the Chicago suburbs. I carry earthquake insurance on my house. If New Madrid pops off a 7.0, its highly likely I'll be the only one in the neighborhood with a crew out fixing foundation cracks and replacing drywall a week later while everyone else scrambles to figure out how they're going to pay for their repairs.

Will our houses collapse? Not at a 7.0, but we would sustain measureable damage. That wouldn't happen 350 miles from the epicenter with a SoCal 7.0. The geology is different, and the waves carry much further here.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy

I can assure you this is has nothing to do with the New Madrid fault, go back and read the info I posted

Most of the people signing the petition is not even from Louisiana! The person who started it is from Missouri! How do they know the state and local response? Please don't say local area...

Listen...I think they might have a problem w/ the petition because of fed. Response in the past. People are sick of being lied to and poisoned. I watched a film last night concerning the oil spill, what's happening NOW w/ explosions, salt domes, chem that are in them... It's a recipe for the Madrid fault to be pushed along in my opinion....also...more importantly....even if nothing w/ the fault happens...right now a bunch of people are in danger because of BP and how nothing was cleaned up or fixed and this is now what's happening!!!!

Excuse me? I am one of those "bunch of people" you say are in danger. I'm keep a cool head about it. Why? I know the land I live on, I know the capability of a 1 by 3 mile salt dome collapse. Wana know the difference between this and BP? BP spilled in the gulf, they just have to skim the oil or whatever off a hole on this one.

I still eat the seafood, I still swim in the Gulf, i've yet to get sick.

I respect that you are close by, but just because you live in the region does not make you an expert on the situation. Trucks driving down a road are not going to set off the seismic equipment. Something is making those machines go off, and it is quite odd they they were offline today. Increase in bubble activity is alarming, and the experts on scene say it is a highly dangerous situation.

Granted, nothing might not be happening right this moment, but it could be the quiet before the storm. I just don't think it's wise to treat this like it's not important when you examine the data that has been compiled about this situation.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Another reason is it gives people the idea the the seafood is not safe. I can assure you it is. American's think only humans can be born without deformities (naturally).

I don't think it's a fact to say the seafood is "safe" to eat. The shrimp and fish are having massive problems with deformities. The saying is, "You are what you eat".

I don't want to cause economic harm to my western neighbors. The FDA may say the seafood is safe to eat, but they also don't seem to mind fluoride in our water or GMO foods. I would not eat the seafood because of what's happening to the fish. How can millions of gallons of a toxic chemical Corexit not have caused harm? It's illegal to use it in the UK and yet they dumped a crap load of it in the Gulf.

This article sheds more light on how they are testing the seafood for oil only and not dispersent chemicals:

Gulf Seafood Isn't Tested for Oil Dispersants Current tests detect only the oil itself, and research is thin

www.newser.com...

Newser) – Seafood lovers may want to keep this in mind: Anything coming from the Gulf of Mexico is being tested for contamination by oil, but not for contamination by chemical oil dispersants. BP has so far used 1.7 million gallons of one in particular, notes ProPublica. "There’s no need for hysteria," writes Marian Wang, "but it’s good to be aware of unanswered questions and possible gaps in the current testing."

Among the disturbing mutations: Shrimp with tumors on their heads; fish that lack eyes or are missing flaps over their gills; fish with oozing sores; crabs with holes in their shells; crabs that are missing claws and spikes, or are encased in soft shells instead of hard ones.
worldtruth.tv...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

I can assure you this is has nothing to do with the New Madrid fault, go back and read the info I posted

Most of the people signing the petition is not even from Louisiana! The person who started it is from Missouri! How do they know the state and local response? Please don't say local area...

Listen...I think they might have a problem w/ the petition because of fed. Response in the past. People are sick of being lied to and poisoned. I watched a film last night concerning the oil spill, what's happening NOW w/ explosions, salt domes, chem that are in them... It's a recipe for the Madrid fault to be pushed along in my opinion....also...more importantly....even if nothing w/ the fault happens...right now a bunch of people are in danger because of BP and how nothing was cleaned up or fixed and this is now what's happening!!!!

Excuse me? I am one of those "bunch of people" you say are in danger. I'm keep a cool head about it. Why? I know the land I live on, I know the capability of a 1 by 3 mile salt dome collapse. Wana know the difference between this and BP? BP spilled in the gulf, they just have to skim the oil or whatever off a hole on this one.

I still eat the seafood, I still swim in the Gulf, i've yet to get sick.

I respect that you are close by, but just because you live in the region does not make you an expert on the situation. Trucks driving down a road are not going to set off the seismic equipment. Something is making those machines go off, and it is quite odd they they were offline today. Increase in bubble activity is alarming, and the experts on scene say it is a highly dangerous situation.

Granted, nothing might not be happening right this moment, but it could be the quiet before the storm. I just don't think it's wise to treat this like it's not important when you examine the data that has been compiled about this situation.

I'm not claiming to be an expert, I am just trying to debunk some of the witness reports or natural happenings. Bubbles in a swamp oh my!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

The method the fda uses to test the shrimp is a smell test.
There has been no true data collections done on the shrimp that have reached the market since the spill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join