It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Well that is good to know at least.

Now here is a puzzle that I would not mind some input on. The image below is LA08 on the 9th November, and it has what appears might be one of these events. This occurs at ~20:13:35

I have taken a file of all of the seismos at this time to listen to that event, but when it place then side by side not much of it matches up. With the very small distance between these seismos, and the distance of the sink hole one would not expect any noticeable difference in arrival times at this scale.

Problem is that so little matches it seems that they are all with some very minor matches, events that are individual to each seismo.

If that is the case how can any of these be the sink hole which you would expect to see matching across the grid?

I have added all the stations now to The Bayou Corne Seismograms. There are only one or two on some of them as I had to get those saved before they drop off the end. I shall be collecting the rest shortly and will add them.

edit on 28/11/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
www.wtov9.com...

two new huge sink holes just opened up over night. this one is in ohio and is four football feilds wide and 30 feet deep. I also just heard of another big one in san fran it took a truck in I will have to find a link for that one though. what the heck is going on with all these sink holes?!!

picture provided at the link below....is the U.S really splitting in two??? like the navy map and edgar cayce predicted?

www.19actionnews.com...
edit on 28-11-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
A little test. Study these two seismograms - both are the same day.

They are unusually quiet.

Then tell what day that was, and why the bulk of what we see on the seismograms is therefore, as I have said, cultural noise.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

alright maybe I am cranky but what is the point to all these siesmo readings? whats the conclusion just to prove whether their is activity or not? if there is what does that mean more land being eaten up, increased instability? I get it you all can read a chart but what is the significance? wheres the meat?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird

alright maybe I am cranky but what is the point to all these siesmo readings? whats the conclusion just to prove whether their is activity or not? if there is what does that mean more land being eaten up, increased instability? I get it you all can read a chart but what is the significance? wheres the meat?

Yez, u r bean cranky!

No, as I see it the purpose of the seismograms is......

1) To maintain a record of activity not just to prove if their is activity or not.

2) To be aware of events (once an event type has been identified) before they are are published, or not published as the case might be.

3) To have a reference point for future events

4) To collect pretty seismograms because I love them.

5) To pretend that because we know we can actually do something about it.

Yes if there is activity that we can identify as not being cultural then it may mean that more land is being eaten up and more instability is introduced. Point 5 was in jest, but you know there really is very little we can do but it helps those who have to live with this demon that they are aware and have information not only for their own benefit but to pass on as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

is the U.S really splitting in two??? like the navy map and edgar cayce predicted?

Yes

and No

The USA is continuously being pulled apart. I doubt very much you will see anything happen in your life time or that of your great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandchildren and several hundred more generations as well.

Of course that does not mean that some of the precursors will not be apparent in that time.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I realise I may be labouring the point about cultural noise but it IS important that we recognise what is and is not cultural.

Take a look at this pair of seismograms and try not to get dizzy! These are both Day 314. If you concentrate you can see which direction on Highway 70 the vehicles are travelling, but more importantly that none of the traces are static. This means they are not coming from a static point.

Once we establish that then seeing a static trace means it is an event, seismic or other such as venting or electrical.

More tomorrow! LA08 and LA09 seismograms are up to date on my site. ETA and LA01 is only missing the 28th.

edit on 28/11/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What's with all the sinkholes folks????

Another massive sinkhole has emerged, this time outside of Dover, Ohio. According to WTOV9, emergency crews have been forced to close down an 8-mile stretch along a road in Tuscarawas County because of the rapidly growing monster.

Officials said the sinkhole is 30-feet deep and as long as four football fields, and it’s still growing. It takes up about half the roadway.

______beforeitsnews/earthquakes/2012/11/massive-sinkhole-still-growing-ohio-4-football-fields-long-30-deep-shuts-down-8-mile-stretch-of-road-2446 744.html

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Strange isn't it. I posted that a wee bit earlier about the ohio sinkhole as well as another sinkhole in San Francisco that swallowed the back end of a street cleaning truck. What is causing all these sinkholes to emerge?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have been collecting RSS feeds from Google searches on this event and others so background info of a News nature can be found here The menu item is the last on the right hand side (Bayou Corne sinkhole), then click RSS feeds.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
reply to post by riverwild

Strange isn't it. I posted that a wee bit earlier about the ohio sinkhole as well as another sinkhole in San Francisco that swallowed the back end of a street cleaning truck. What is causing all these sinkholes to emerge?

Very strange indeed. Ran across this just now. Crazy stuff happening.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
A little test. Study these two seismograms - both are the same day.

They are unusually quiet.

Then tell what day that was, and why the bulk of what we see on the seismograms is therefore, as I have said, cultural noise.
Okay Puterman- here's a question. We have the 'cultural' readings that are showing up on the monitors. The traffic, drills and machines all seem to show up and I accept that. I recall prior to the sinkhole opening up, I read a report of a lady originally from CA saying that she was feeling earthquakes. The area is like Jello (IMO), could this be the reason things like cultural noise being picked up so easily? They don't seem to be earthquakes but they are. So now my question.... what is the correct term (word)?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The Celestial Convergence site has a new update on the sinkhole. Most of it we already know but there are a couple of new items.

GEOLOGICAL UPHEAVAL: Louisiana Sinkhole Continues to Grow - Official Says That Earth Moved Under the Giant Sinkhole For Four Minutes Straight, Before Crude Oil Disgorged "Water Level Dropped by About 6 Inches"!

Do any of you following the seismometers know if that 4 minute earth movement showed up on any of them???
edit on 28-11-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Why isnt the media mentioning this?

Maybe others have heard something but we have not heard ONE word about it on our TV.

edit on 28-11-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Media isn't covering it because it is too busy with politics. Guess who else is to busy with politics, our great governor Bobby Jindal! No one really has much interest right now about other people's troubles.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Couple of thoughts which may not mean anything and are pure speculation.

1) an empty cavern or jug-shaped hole probably rings like a bell and you only need the correct frequency thrown at it to make it resonate and possibly collapse like has happened recently?

2) To account for the seismo graph blips has anyone checked out HARRP network or other similar networks?

3) To go along with point 1 above, what could cause such a frequency? Maybe drilling, maybe tunneling, maybe military testing below-ground weapons which might cause liquifaction?

On another note. In the early days of this sinkhole, it was mentioned that there was some "low level" radioactive waste stored in this salt dome. If so, we need to keep our eye on that as the authorities will not mention it unless pushed, and it is a different kind of 'toxic' to oil and needs different strategies to handle it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
Couple of thoughts which may not mean anything and are pure speculation.

1) an empty cavern or jug-shaped hole probably rings like a bell and you only need the correct frequency thrown at it to make it resonate and possibly collapse like has happened recently?

The caverns are not empty.

2) To account for the seismo graph blips has anyone checked out HARRP network or other similar networks?

Please explain how HAARP would have anything to do with this.

3) To go along with point 1 above, what could cause such a frequency? Maybe drilling, maybe tunneling, maybe military testing below-ground weapons which might cause liquifaction?

Drilling is a possibility. Basically tunnelling is unlikely in this particular area and to test a large weapon in this sort of soil structure would be to invite problems so I think that is unlikely.

On another note. In the early days of this sinkhole, it was mentioned that there was some "low level" radioactive waste stored in this salt dome. If so, we need to keep our eye on that as the authorities will not mention it unless pushed, and it is a different kind of 'toxic' to oil and needs different strategies to handle it.

Do you know what this low level radioactive waste is? Probable answer mainly the product of medical use, but also contaminated materials from nuclear handling that are not directly nuclear materials themselves. This will have been mixed with a fluid I would imagine but don't quote me on that. I can't see them depending on air pressure.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Do you know what this low level radioactive waste is? Probable answer mainly the product of medical use, but also contaminated materials from nuclear handling that are not directly nuclear materials themselves. This will have been mixed with a fluid I would imagine but don't quote me on that. I can't see them depending on air pressure.

I read somewhere in one of the articles linked to in this thread that the radioactive waste was a substance called NORM which stands for Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material. NORM is, according to the article, a waste product from oil wells. It was described as very low level but just enough radioactivity to have to be disposed of in a safe way, like in a salt dome cavern.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Strange, I just came to post this which I had found

Disposal of NORM [naturally occurring radioactive material]-Contaminated Oil Field Wastes in Salt Caverns

Stanley Waligora, a New Mexico-based radiation protection consultant and leading authority on health risks of naturally occurring radioactive material (NORM) has confirmed that radium levels at Bayou Corne’s sinkholeare not within safe limits, but instead, roughly 15 times higher than the state’s acceptable level, according to one of the nation’s leading environmental attorney’s Stuart Smith.

The sinkhole .org

edit on 29/11/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I wish they would say how much exactly is being radiated besides "15 times" the state limits. State limit is 2mrem that means it is 30mrem being detected which in all actuality still isn't all that much. You would have to be standing 30 or so feet from the source to actually be exposed.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join