It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I'm also receiving word that there are many people at the command post right now and a flyover going on as I type this. Something seems like it is up. Dr. Hexoc has stated he was wrong about things before. He is a respectable guy, but damn this is something he can't be wrong about.
edit on 23-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Hi ya doin Cajun! Been following your words on the sinkhole since day one and I gotta say it's been quite a turn around for you. In the beginning you downplayed the whole thing, even posting on local news sites there. I quit following for a while and now I've checked back in and see that you're a little worried. So, back when you downplayed it, I disagreed and thought there was more to it. But now if you of all people are concerned about this situation you've really got me concerned for you folks down there. I'll be following intently.

You are doing some great reporting. Even getting so close that you can smell that gas. You got some cajones my friend, keep up the good work!
edit on 23-11-2012 by Rezlooper because: misspelled word

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

You are doing some great reporting. Even getting so close that you can smell that gas. You got some kahuna's my friend, keep up the good work!

I think you meant cajones...a kahuna is a priest or magician or witch doctor of sorts.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Thanks for the correction

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

You are doing some great reporting. Even getting so close that you can smell that gas. You got some kahuna's my friend, keep up the good work!

I think you meant cajones...a kahuna is a priest or magician or witch doctor of sorts.

i'm glad you offered a correction, i thought CB was a male and i was gonna ask about them kahunas (American slang for big breasts)

anyway, i still agree, CajunBoy, thanks for all your hard work and willingness to share.
u'da man !!

any chance you are wearing or have access to "clean air" ??
if not, you better be xtra careful, we don't want to lose you to the zombies.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I am a volunteer firefighter in my community so I have a oxygen apparatus always in the trunk of my car. We are now being told that the odor the residents smelled last night was directly from the hole being blown north. Problem is, there was no wind. As for the tremors that were reported well, they are saying that there was no tremors. Someone is lying somewhere, I'll keep y'all updated on these developments because it seems to me more and more reports have been coming up of tremors ever since the H2S has come up.

I originally downplayed a lot of articles by Deborah Dupre and idahopickers videos. They were more sensational articles than actual facts. Well Deborah Dupre is now down here writing the articles than doing it from her home in Dallas and she has now earned the respect of a lot of people in the community and a lot of her recent work is now on point.

Also, I stand corrected when I reported that the butane in cavern #3 was removed. Well it is only a quarter removed and could take 6 more moths to a year for it to be emptied. Moving butane is a delicate process considering it is a volatile gas. You have to maintain certain pressures in both caverns when moving it.

Thanks guys for following this! We are trying our best down here to get this sinkhole mainstream. We are well past 100 days that this hole has formed. This man made oil disaster rivals that of the Exxon Valdez and Deep Water Horizon. Two things with this sinkhole that is different from the other 2 disasters is 1) Sinkhole is inland 2) Media Coverage.
edit on 23-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I have to agree with you there. It is sad there's no media coverage of this event. Actually, it seems there's been a shortage of MSM on many events in recent months. Sometimes there will be a short blurb, but then its over and they don't go back. For example, the Indianapolis explosion. That should have been an event on the news, but I caught it once on Fox News, and it was very short. Didn't see it anywhere else either. Makes you wonder if there's a uniform understanding in the MSM to downplay events so as not to set in any panic because this 2012 thing is on so many minds. I don't know, just throwing it out there.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

cool, i wasn't sure but i was assuming you at least had access and the know-how to use it

wow, that's some scary conflicting reports there dude.
personally, i don't believe the gas is exclusive to the well in which it was detected.

while the natural occurrance is legitimate, there isn't enough decay to cause that much of a release that quickly.
no wind ya say ... i do wonder how that smell travelled such a distance with no conveyor.

i've been following along and really appreciate your updates so please, continue.

as for the tremors, i don't believe they have enough equipment in the area to detect the smaller tremors but that doesn't mean they aren't happening.

yeah, i remember, i almost picked at you for your early dismissal but then again, why argue ... the evidence will present itself, of this i'm sure ... when and how is what worries me.

i stayed away from Debs articles because my own imagination is still working well enough. thanks for the update about her though, i wasn't aware she entered the trenches, so maybe i'll give her material a second look

uhuh, thanks for admitting that about the butane ... i didn't believe for a moment that it was evacuated that quickly but again, without proof, why argue the point ?

keep at it with the msm, eventually they'll cave as it won't be an option soon enough.
tis a shame something or someone has to bleed before the story will lead

actually, i see one other HUGE difference between the three and i'm simply shocked that you didn't mention it ... commercial loss ($$) ... sad to say, there hasn't been enough yet.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Honor93 because: typos

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
We got some new people in on the spin Cajunboy and HappyKat. To all whom are reading this, Those two are the most reliable info sources on the sink hole. not only that, they both have put out info before anyone else. HappyKat and Cajunboy, this is your thread, and I'd have to say my hats of to to both of you! Keep up the good work.
Side note:
The explosion in Indianapolis, apparently was from someone going in the house and blowing out the pilot lights, and turned on the gas inside the house, supposedly it was the owners- boyfriends, brother and a friend who blew up the house because she was having problems selling the house, an addiction to drugs was also brought up. take it for what it is worth. what set it off I don't know, Haven't seen the news. I work nights, and I'm sorry, I hardly watch the news, I come here for my news.
edit on 23-11-2012 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This video has nothing directly to do with the sinkhole. However, I am posting it here as an example of just how powerful even a tiny amount of gas (compared to what's in the ground at the sinkhole) can be when it gathers in an area and ignites. Now imagine all the methane in the ground bubbling up and the massive amount of liquified butane still in the area of the sinkhole.

The question is fast becoming which one, the gas explosion or the hydrogen sulfide, will get you first.

BTW, I got this from another thread on ATS about the explosion in Springfield Mass. You can see it HERE

edit on 23-11-2012 by happykat39 because: correction

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Thanks for that update on Indy. That's how I've been lately... getting my news here. I don't think anything is as fast as ATS. You hear about earthquakes while they are still quaking. Somebody will be on their couch rattling away and still manage to get the post in before the shake stops

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here is a link to a site I get some of my sinkhole info from. SOURCE

There is some new information about the structure of the coastal salt deposits and some fault activity I haven't seen before. A short quote below from a bit down the page at the link.

Effects of Natural Fault Movement on Land Submergence in Coastal Louisiana.

A vast area of south Louisiana is becoming inundated by waters of the Gulf of Mexico as a result of subsidence of fault bound blocks (Figures 1 and 2). The most prominent and active area of submergence and land loss lies seaward of the Golden Meadow Fault Zone, a series of interconnected cracks extending 130 miles across the land from the west bank of the Mississippi River near Empire, Louisiana to Atchafalaya Bay, extending 35,000 feet below the surface, and studded with massive sub-surface pillars of salt. Between 1930 and 1990, some 618 square miles of land south of the Golden Meadow Fault Zone reverted to open water and the loss continues at comparable rates. This is a fault zone with teeth and it’s eating away the edge of the continent.

This just shows one more way the area is destabilizing. I wonder what long term effect this will have on the sinkhole problem.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hello All! I hope you enjoyed your holiday. Well, things are getting interesting and still no national media coverage just local news. Like I said last week, I don't think they want national media attention on this issue because it is becoming a nightmare. A couple items stuck out and I really have questions:

At this point in time, it appears that the hydrogen sulfide produced by Relief Well #2 was only from the cap rock and not the alluvial aquifer vent wells.
It is only coming from the cap rock? What??? I need clarification on this, can anyone help???

I reported that the butane in cavern #3 was removed. Well it is only a quarter removed and could take 6 more moths to a year for it to be emptied. Moving butane is a delicate process considering it is a volatile gas. You have to maintain certain pressures in both caverns when moving it.
Having said that it could take up to a year... we are 100 days into this sink hole and things are steadily deteriorating, what happens if there is an urgent need to get cavern #3 emptied faster? The butane is a dangerous issue.

The link from Happykat is great! Thanks for posting. People should look at this article, makes one think......
GEOLOGICAL UPHEAVAL: Tracking Developments at the Louisiana Sinkhole - High Levels of Dangerous Gas Discovered and Increased Seismic Activity at the Sinkhole!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

It is only coming from the cap rock? What??? I need clarification on this, can anyone help???

the structure, as I understand it, is the marshy bayou land on top of a layer of bedrock which is on top of the salt dome. The aquifer is a layer above the cap rock but below the actual marshy top layer. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

But at any rate, it is called the cap rock because it caps the salt dome.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Thanks for that update on Indy. That's how I've been lately... getting my news here. I don't think anything is as fast as ATS. You hear about earthquakes while they are still quaking. Somebody will be on their couch rattling away and still manage to get the post in before the shake stops

Yes, the words" real time news " should come pretty close about how ATS is. Or, I also refer to RSOE for any other news.
However on here you have to research any post before you can take it for what it is worth, the Zombie attack threads, I laughed and said no way, but when I seen abc, cbs, nbc, as links, it blew my mind.

On topic, And yet another development, the Hydrogen Sulfide?? I will research this compound, Hydrogen, a highly volite gas, and is highly flamable, and sulfide, I think is sulfer, and chlorine?? I'm guessing for now, I try to see what I can remember from high school first. I will come back and let you know.
Rezlooper, how on earth did you get my pic for your avatar??? RALMFAO

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

On topic, And yet another development, the Hydrogen Sulfide?? I will research this compound, Hydrogen, a highly volite gas, and is highly flamable, and sulfide, I think is sulfer, and chlorine?? I'm guessing for now, I try to see what I can remember from high school first. I will come back and let you know.

I have posts HERE and HERE that should give you all the information you need.

Also, hydrogen sulfide is H2S, or two atoms of hydrogen and one of sulfur. It is just 4 oxygen atoms away from H2SO4 which is sulfuric acid, the stuff in your car battery.
edit on 23-11-2012 by happykat39 because: added info

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i just stumbled across this and noticed that it was directed to the company ... Pontchartrain Natural Gas Systems and issued 14/09/12 ?

with the Bayou Corne developing as it has, i never noticed this directive.
is it new to any of you ?
also, is it (Napoleonville) directly linked to the same salt dome as the BC ?

and since this is the first i'm hearing about it, has it been resolved ?
dnr.louisiana.gov...

the 1st, 3rd & 4th ... "It is hereby declared" ... statements really got my attention.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

I have posts HERE and HERE that should give you all the information you need.

Also, hydrogen sulfide is H2S, or two atoms of hydrogen and one of sulfur. It is just 4 oxygen atoms away from H2SO4 which is sulfuric acid, the stuff in your car battery.
edit on 23-11-2012 by happykat39 because: added info

What would I do without you happykat??? Thank you for the info. I use to be really good at "If you put this with this what would you make?" I have forgotten most of it...all of it, who am I kidding..LOL

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I haven't seen this before. Good catch. And you are right about being concerned about it. The date at the bottom shows that this declaration was issued a little over two months ago. That means that a lot of information about the dangers of the sinkhole were known at least a little while before anyone publicly acknowledged them.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Thanks for helping to answer my question Happykat. I am researching & this Hydrogen Sulfide is normal to the Gulf coast and salt domes. The cap rock keeps the gases in but cap rocks can become compromised.

Didn't know there was a petition to Gov Jindal. Louisiana Governor - Bobby Jindal: Expand the area included in the Bayou Corne/Grand Bayou evacuation

Interesting info on the Facebook page: Bayou Corne Sinkhole

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join