It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

So we are still looking at a train wreck in super slow motion and nobody knows when it will crash or if it can be stopped. I truly feel sorry for the people who have had to evacuate and don't know when, or if, they can go back home. I hope that at least the authorities will make a decision before it becomes too late for them to even retrieve their belongings if it turns out that they are going to lose their homes to the sinkhole.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I thought I'd check up on this, cuz I haven't in a while.
Ok, who in the hell had the bright idea to throw a bomb on it?? I'm no expert, but as I had stated in this thread or another, IF any one of the domes exploded, I truly believe that it would make the New Madrid go like a zipper, and in turn, probably one on the San Andreas due to over compensation.
I really feel for the people who are displaced from their homes because of some money grubbing a$$holes could take their yearly vacation to the Bahamas. I say the state of Lousiana should make Texas Brine pay for all the land and houses, and pay to relocate the families...oh, wait a minute....that would be the right and humane thing to do. What was I thinking???
Cajun boy...I do not have enough posts chat, but why are all of your videos from you tube not there? I've read the last 4 pages, and every vid you posted is not there. Just a heads up.
edit on 17-11-2012 by thepolish1 because: Had to reword a thought

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

but why are all of your videos from you tube not there? I've read the last 4 pages, and every vid you posted is not there. Just a heads up.

apparently embedding has been disabled. But you can still watch them on the YouTube site by clicking on the words "youtube link" at the bottom of the blank video frame. I just checked them to be sure and that does work.

I also don't think anyone in authority was recommending a bomb. I think it was just some wild idea someone put out there because of the plans to nuke the B P Deepwater Horizon to seal it off and the successful nuking of a similar well failure in Russia where they still had the platform to shove the nuke down the well.

Besides, they were not talking nuke for the sinkhole. But I doubt that anyone in their right mind would bomb such an unstable area with any kind of bomb.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Thanks for the info Happykat, I have tryed to keep up on this, because like what I said about the New Madrid, I have relatives who live in Tennessee. I saw the bomb comment and was like Whaaaat?? (scratching my head) In 1880, I do believe, was the last time the fault line slipped, it formed Reelfoot Lake(beautiful place) there were sand blows, and I also saw a pic of a fence that had separated by like 4 feet. When the sinkhole was in like week 3 or 4, some relatives went down there and I worried about the sink hole the whole time they were there.
Ok, could you imagine what would've happened if they sealed the deep water horizion that way?? Being that close to the salt domes....wow, I just blew my own mind...I know the bp thing was way before the sink hole, wow.... I don't think nukes should be used for anything personally.
edit on 18-11-2012 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1

Thanks for the info Happykat, I have tryed to keep up on this, because like what I said about the New Madrid, I have relatives who live in Tennessee. I saw the bomb comment and was like Whaaaat?? (scratching my head) In 1880, I do believe, was the last time the fault line slipped, it formed Reelfoot Lake(beautiful place) there were sand blows, and I also saw a pic of a fence that had separated by like 4 feet. When the sinkhole was in like week 3 or 4, some relatives went down there and I worried about the sink hole the whole time they were there.
Ok, could you imagine what would've happened if they sealed the deep water horizion that way?? Being that close to the salt domes....wow, I just blew my own mind...I know the bp thing was way before the sink hole, wow.... I don't think nukes should be used for anything personally.
edit on 18-11-2012 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

Always glad to help.

And the New Madrid quakes, 3 of them with tons of aftershocks, occurred in the winter of 1811/1812. They were so strong they rang church bells in Boston. You should Google it sometime, there is a lot of info on line.

As to relatives, all three of my children, their children and my first wife all live in the St Louis Mo. area. If the New Madrid goes off again anywhere near as bad as the 1811/1812 quakes they are toast. And if it happens as bad as Edgar Cayce predicted it would and forms an inland sea from the gulf to the great lakes I don't think I would be safe in the Atlanta Ga. area where I live.

I think a larger worry than the sinkhole is the fact that the Deepwater Horizon problem is still not over. An area of 25 miles radius around the B P well failure is still being infused with oil and methane from the damaged well casing and is bulging. If the sea floor in that area erupts I don't think there is any doubt that it would take the New Madrid fault system with it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

If it erupts I wouldn't be surprised if it comes up as an asphalt volcano. The GoM is the only region in the world known to have such volcanoes.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yes, the New Madrid is quite unique, I actually lived in a little town called Trimble for a year in high school, not too far from Dyersburg. The teachers had a talk with me about earthquake drills, but never had a real earthquake when I was there. The earthquakes in 1811/1812 is the stuff of folklore and legend down there, Yes, if Cayce is correct in his prediction, I might actually end up with ocean front property in Indiana, and no doubt we would feel it here, an hour away from Lake Michigan.
I have only experienced 2 earthquakes, the first one in the 80's I was outside playing, so I didn't feel that one, But, we had a tremor here about 5 or 6 years ago, We had a female mastiff that would sleep between the wall and our bed, maybe 2 1/2 feet, the bed started shaking, I started yelling at her to quit scratching, cuz she would shake the bed, being half asleep my self, I got up, made coffee, and turned on the news, and found out about the earthquake, I realized, when I got up, the dog was still asleep next to the bed. I apologized to her and gave her a hug for yelling at her.
That is a very scary situation down there, I will keep up on this, cuz it will affect alot of people. Damn, all of this because of the ol mighty dollar...a piece of paper can cause so much destruction....

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Company hits gas at ‘higher-pressure’ near Louisiana sinkhole — Expert: It may be migrating — Floor still rising in salt cavern below

The well that Texas Brine is trying to convert to gas removal, however, has hit gas at 155 pounds per square inch, higher than the gas pressure in other vent wells, Cranch said. But the higher-pressure well, which reaches down 430 feet, extends 300 feet deeper than the much shallower vent wells recently brought on line. Cranch said company officials do not know yet if the higher pressure is related to a sizeable amount of gas or the greater depth of the well.

Source

3. Natural gas venting from the shallow aquifer Relief Well #1 was halted early today due to instrumentation problems with the flaring unit. Technicians have been called to repair. As soon as repairs are completed, flaring will resume on a 24 hour/day basis

Source

Next Operational Period (16-19 Nov 2012) Incident Action Plan

• DNR :
– Texas Brine conducting hydrocarbon removal operations
– Shaw E&I and Texas Brine will split samples from water well #3
– Continue to flare the ORW-2&4
– Shaw E&I contractor will be preparing to flare ORW-1
– Shaw E&I continues to evaluate the production of formation gas from the vent wells
– November 12, 2012 compliance order from the Commissioner of Conservation:
• Homes – Ventilation improvements in unventilated, unoccupied, enclosed spaces
– Gas Monitors
• Install new vent wells
• Develop plan for mitigation problem over area
• Contain dissolved contamination from flowing into Bayou Corne

[– DEQ Command Post on site. MAML will be redeployed to Baton Rouge for maintenance /ex]
edit on 18-11-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
To some this situation may be scary, but I only fear one thing in this world and that is God. Please, I rather not hear some Atheist rant that God doesn't exist. It is something I developed in myself to fear nothing, do not try and take that away from me. It is the belief in God that unites, and we here in South Louisiana can tell you that one belief never fails us through any disaster that may come our way.

I've also taken a pass near the flare vents, they are amazing to see in full swing. Next time I take a pass I will upload some pictures. It will be sometime at the end of the week.
edit on 18-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
To some this situation may be scary, but I only fear one thing in this world and that is God. Please, I rather not hear some Atheist rant that God doesn't exist. It is something I developed in myself to fear nothing, do not try and take that away from me. It is the belief in God that unites, and we here in South Louisiana can tell you that one belief never fails us through any disaster that may come our way.

I've also taken a pass near the flare vents, they are amazing to see in full swing. Next time I take a pass I will upload some pictures. It will be sometime at the end of the week.

I happen to be a bible believing Christian myself. I am also very interested in eschatology, the study of end times prophecies, and I believe that we are in for a very rough ride in the not too distant future. The Bayou Corne sinkhole is just a small piece in the puzzle we call the end of days. If you understand the biblical prophecies for the time leading up to the tribulation and Armageddon you would know that when it all starts coming together things like the B P Deepwater Horizon and the sinkhole will be like a grain of gunpowder next to a stick of dynamite.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I have to agree with you HappyKat, And it will be like a domino effect, the only thing anyone can do is be prepared for anything. If Cayce predictions are correct, would I have ocean front property, or would that be considered a river??? I also am into end time prophecys. Every generation believes they were living in the end times. But I believe that if we don't see it, god forbid, our children will.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Check your U2U messages. I have an answer for you that would be too far off topic to post.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

2/3rds of the seas on the earth will turn red and 2/3rd of all fish in the seas will die. I'm quiet acquainted with Revelations. It was the one book in te bible I was most interested in.

Take into account the amount of death that may come from the Corexit and radiation from Fukashima. One effects the Atlantic and Fukashima effects the Pacific. Not to mention the few rivers across the globe that turned blood red. This sinkhole may be part of something bigger to come, what it is I've yet to make a connection.

I believe we were given these signs in the bible to know what will happen. Now in this modern age we get access to news as it happens across the globe. The prophecy would then defeat itself if it were to happen anytime before the 1800s especially how massive the cataclysm the prophesy mentions. Now we can live it all out and realize what is going on.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

CajunBoy, check your U2U messages too.

However, the single most disastrous event will be the earthquake such as never been seen by man. The one that levels all the mountains and sinks all the islands. And it is not beyond the realm of possibility that the events going on in the gulf and the salt domes could be the trigger that sets it all off. The gulf blows up, the New Madrid goes off, that destabilizes Yellowstone which causes the Cascadia subduction zone fault to fail and starts a zipper effect that takes out the whole ring of fire. After that much happens there is probably not a fault zone in the rest of the world that that won't go off too. And the gulf & New Madrid going off could easily spread to the east and into the Atlantic.
edit on 18-11-2012 by happykat39 because: added info

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow! this thread has taken a particularly doomy shift. I was raised as a Roman Catholic and attended parochial schools my whole life; even went to a private Catholic College for undergrad. I too have studied and read nearly 100 origin and end time stories throughout the world and find it compelling that they all have commonalities even though the writers had no contact with one another. I should also note that I was raised hearing about phrophesy from my mother a researcher like myself but she specialized in ancient civilizations while I am a political scientist at a local university. As it has already been mentioned many people before have believed that they were living in the end times and in a sense they were all correct as this is a slow process meant to afford humanity the opportunity to choose its path and change a different future for themselves; rather then the worst case scenerio put forth in revelations and other end time phrophesies. It looks as if we have not made the right decisions and have put the process into high speed motion. I wasn't going to mention it but as a youth my mother would take me on religions trips to New York with her to see a women named Veronica Lueken, a catholic seer if you will, I remember one of the prophesies she put forth mentioned a situation not unlike our sinkhole dillema we have been following. I will have to re-read her many phrophesies to find it but I will post it when I do.
Back on topic: I was thinking the other night about the recent explosion in the gulf and that the raising of the sinkhole floor could be related; as I think the methane under this entire area is building exponentiallly and perhaps even creating a massive bulge, methane is escaping anywhere it can causing these explosions and fissure from the pressure build causing earthquakes throughout the middle of the U.S from L.A up through Indianna.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

That explosion was a maintenance accident, at least that is what they are telling us. The explosion in Indiana and ANOTHER explosion last week at Camp Minden is really curious. They have stated like lurk has posted that the natural gas is migrating. That is no good

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

I too have studied and read nearly 100 origin and end time stories throughout the world and find it compelling that they all have commonalities even though the writers had no contact with one another.

BrieBird...

I have a response to your post that would be going too far off topic to post on this thread. Check your U2U messages.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Just came across this site posted on another sinkhole thread...

Louisiana Sinkhole Bugle

Now the sinkhole has it's own online news source.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Wow, half the bs on that world press site is untrue or old. First article for example was about areas closed to fishing. The closed waters are off Lafourche Parish, my parish. It also encompasses a lot of Elmer's island. Which is pretty much closed all the time for... FILMING MOVIES. That has been the reason why they close boat traffic off the island before. That and it is also a wildlife refuge. It is truly a beautiful barrier island. I may take a trip down there soon to get some pics for y'all.

Also they have an article about butane exploding. To bad the butane wont explode because it isn't in the cavern next door anymore!

I heard being late to the party, but this just takes the cake.
edit on 20-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
One of the two vent wells have been shut down and will be capped. Traces of hydrogen sulfide detected in the equipment. This is no good, no good at all. I will post a link as soon as one comes up.

First methane, now something more dangerous... Hydrogen sulfide.

EDIT: theadvocate.com...

I am starting to get more info before it is on the net. Here ya go guys.
edit on 20-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join