It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy2

I have deleted my subscription to IdahoPicker's channel on YouTube and will no longer post any of his video's. He is starting to look like a protege of Sorcha Faal.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

He is definitly a fear monger I would leave it at that, he is sensational but so is Mrs. Dupre and I would add enews to that list. Hard to find credible sources on this one but I do believe that if we sift through them all we can find hints of truth. The authorities remain tight lipped and only release enough info to keep people calm.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird

He is definitly a fear monger I would leave it at that, he is sensational but so is Mrs. Dupre and I would add enews to that list. Hard to find credible sources on this one but I do believe that if we sift through them all we can find hints of truth. The authorities remain tight lipped and only release enough info to keep people calm.

I was willing to post his videos as long as his information was correct and we could draw our own conclusions. But now that he is actually disseminating false information he is off my list of credible sources.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

So far The Advocate has been releasing truthful information and has been the only one I have enjoyed reading. Between Deborah and Idaho I want to bash my head into the keyboard.

The truth is out there guys, we just gota rummage through the filth to find that speck of gold.

But what gets me is he will continue calling those 2 other lakes sinkholes, but does he not realize that the scientist that have been studying and trying to figure out this one has been saying "It is unprecedented, nothing like this has happened before."

Pardon my language but "You don't wipe your a** before you take a s***" He needs to do solid research before he post it up on YouTube. Makes me glad he isn't a YouTube partner making money off his vids. Deborah Dupre on the other hand is making money off her articles.

BTW. Welcome to Antar to the discussion! We need to start consolidating the Bayou Corne Sinkhole threads. Unlike other threads on ATS, this is an ongoing mater and has been for 3 months.
edit on 6-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As much as I do not wish to post up Deborah's articles this one is caught my attention:
www.examiner.com...

They are now saying the bubbles were first recognized in Bayou Lafourche. Bayou Lafourche sits in my backyard, here is a good morning picture of the beauty I wake up to every morning:

The bubbles in Bayou Lafourche is the first I heard of it. Though I myself in my location can not dispute the claims I can say for sure that methane is the least of my worries of pollution in the bayou. Different story for another topic. Bayou Lafourche supplies most of the water for Assumption Parish, Lafourche Parish, and Grand Isle (Jefferson Parish). They never released a boil advisory or warning that the water may be contaminated.

Now on to the methane explosion the sheriff is talking about. Of course there is always a chance of a hydrocarbon explosion when dealing with oil, but the question is to what extent? Would the methane ignite from the location it is leaking from or will it ignite and go down to the methane deposit. I would think with the pressure this methane is pushing it out it would not reach the deposit but be more like a Bunsen burner. Could anyone offer me a little more insight on this?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

I had been planning to do an info-post on methane covering as much about it as I can. I just didn't have the time to put it all together. I have time now and considering all the false information and lack of understanding of methane I think it is now time to do it. I should have it ready to post by sometime later tonight or early tomorrow. Since there are more than one thread where methane is a subject of concern I will post it in a separate thread and provide the link in all the relevant threads I can find.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thanks guys about the updates especially on that idahopicker guy. I won't bother with his junk anymore.

It is just a shame that the story is getting ZERO national attention. I live up here in the northeast and I do care about what is going on down there! More people probably would if this could just get some coverage. It is sad that the only source of news I have is Deborah Dupree' and the idaho dude.

BUT it is the amazing members of the ATS community that I have to give me the real low-down on the story.

THANKS guys!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
As promised, here is a LINK to the post on methane I just put up.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Great post! Happy, call it a night and get some rest after that amazing post. You answered my question that it would burn like a bunsen burner appose to blow a big hole in the ground.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
As much as I do not wish to post up Deborah's articles this one is caught my attention:
www.examiner.com...

They are now saying the bubbles were first recognized in Bayou Lafourche. Bayou Lafourche sits in my backyard, here is a good morning picture of the beauty I wake up to every morning:

The bubbles in Bayou Lafourche is the first I heard of it. Though I myself in my location can not dispute the claims I can say for sure that methane is the least of my worries of pollution in the bayou. Different story for another topic. Bayou Lafourche supplies most of the water for Assumption Parish, Lafourche Parish, and Grand Isle (Jefferson Parish). They never released a boil advisory or warning that the water may be contaminated.

Now on to the methane explosion the sheriff is talking about. Of course there is always a chance of a hydrocarbon explosion when dealing with oil, but the question is to what extent? Would the methane ignite from the location it is leaking from or will it ignite and go down to the methane deposit. I would think with the pressure this methane is pushing it out it would not reach the deposit but be more like a Bunsen burner. Could anyone offer me a little more insight on this?
Oh my gosh! That is paradise. I am truly envious. Now back on topic before I get sanctioned.

So you never saw bubbles in Lafourche not heard of anyone in your area reporting them?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
As for this Examiner headline:

La. sinkhole methane explosion possible says sheriff, refuting naysayers
I just don't know. I feel if there was a true danger then the officials would not let the cane fields be burned.

Did anyone watch this 3 part series? I will try to watch it tonight. Assumption Sinkhole

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I watched it I believe Cajunboy posted it on here a page or so back in the thread. I was looking for updates this morning and enenews is reporting a detection of methane/natural gas pressure near Bayou Corne at 20-to-40-foot depth.

enenews.com... safety-mentioned

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
While some of this is not new there is a bit of new info in it. The byline publishing date for both items is today Nov. 8, 2012

There is an audio bar for a sound clip here...
Official Statement: Methane accumulating 20 feet underground near community by giant Louisiana sinkhole — “Immediate actions… to protect public safety” mentioned (AUDIO)

And a small Vimeo video that needs to be clicked to full screen here...
TV: Sheriff warns giant Louisiana sinkhole may expand beyond control — Professor: It could be a ‘significant’ event (VIDEO)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The methane burn off is now operating 24 hours around the clock.

To answer your question AuntB, I live 30 miles down the bayou from Napoleonville. There should not be any bubbles down here nor have I seen any.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Not sure if you wanted this info here also as I am just keeping up to date with specifics as they are given by the different officials.

– Parish Emergency Declared – 19 June 2012

• Extended 30 days on 9 November, 2012

– Next public briefing – 13 November, 2012 at 7:00 PM / St. Joseph Church

• Texas Brine conducted the following operations on their investigatory well: • Collected a total of 4332.6 bbls(cumulative total as of 8 November 2012) of hydrocarbons from the Oxy 3A Cavern. • Flared a total of 544 mcf of metered gas(cumulative total as of 8 November 2012)

• Air Monitoring Sample Data
– 1 letter (dated 10/18/2012) was released to the parish during this operational period for community ambient air and air at bubble sites sampled 9/28/2012- 10/14/2012 (MultiRAE). Findings-It does not appear that chemical exposure of site-related contaminants poses a public health risk to individuals in the immediate area of Bayou Corne for the time period and chemicals sampled.
– 1 letter (dated 10/18/2012) was released to the parish during this operational period for residential ambient air sampled 9/28/2012-10/13/2012 (MultiRAE); Findings-It does not appear that chemical exposure of site-related contaminants poses a public health risk to individuals in the immediate area of Bayou Corne for the time period and chemicals sampled.
– 1 letter (dated 10/18/2012) was released to the parish during this operational period for air samples collected 9/26/2012 and 10/2/2012 (isotopic analysis); Findings-This data is meant to characterize the gas in the bubbles and wells sampled. These type of analyses do not provide data that could be used for assessing public health.
– SEET has received and is analyzing community ambient air sampled 10/15/2012- 11/4/2012 (MultiRAE). SEET will issue a letter to the parish in reference to these findings once the review of the data has been completed.
– SEET has received and is analyzing sample results for air at bubble sites collected 10/15/2012/2012-11/4/2012 (MultiRAE). SEET will issue a letter to the parish in reference to these findings once the review of the data has been completed.

• Industrial Water Well Sampling Data – 1 letter (dated 10/18/2012) was released to the parish during this operational period for industrial wells sampled on 9/26/2012. Findings-DHH recommends immediate remediation of industrial water wells with high levels of methane.

– Safe Drinking Water – 1 letter (dated 10/18/2012) was released to the parish during this operational period for two privately-owned water wells sampled on 9/26/2012. Findings-DHH recommends property owners routinely monitor for the presence of methane in the tested water wells.

– As of 06 November, Texas Brine has removed 123 roll off boxes hydrocarbon contaminated debris. – As of 06 November, Texas Brine has removed approximately 1535 Barrels of hydrocarbons from the surface of the sinkhole.

Next Operational Period (8-13 Nov 2012) Incident Action Plan

– Pursant to the DNR press release dated 11/7/2012 regarding the pressure in some geoprobes, LDEQ will conduct indoor air monitoring as requested at residential homes in the Bayou Corne community.

Source

Texas Brine, LLC UPDATE November 8, 2012
1. The Observation Well is shut in today. A total depth measurement of the cavern floor was conducted today, the results of which will be reported on Friday. The controlled removal of liquid hydrocarbon from cavern #3 will be conducted on Friday as well.
2. There were no observable changes in the sinkhole’s characteristics. Only a minimal amount of liquid hydrocarbon now remains on the sinkhole surface. Skimming operations have been turned to the removal of hydrocarbon material from the surface of the shallow water in the treed areas on the sinkhole perimeter.
3. Flaring of natural gas from the shallow aquifer relief well continues on a 24- hour basis. As of 8:00 a.m. today, just over 100,000 cubic feet of natural gas has been vented from aquifer and safely flared at the surface.

Source

Natural gas detected closer to community near sinkhole than previously thought

New data shows natural gas much closer to the Bayou Corne community of Assumption Parish than previously detected. Officials said the additional testing is out of an abundance of caution. Shallow-depth wells near the community are now indicating natural gas pressure 20 to 40 feet beneath the surface. That's much shallower than previously reported. It's still not really know what the natural gases relationship is with the bubbling in the bayou. "The monitor is only a foot away from where the bubbling is. There's no explosive limit just a foot away from the bubbling. So as far as any distance from here, there's no concern for that to happen," said John Boudreaux, director of the Assumption Parish Office of Emergency Preparedness.

Source
edit on 9-11-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Of course I do lol, we all do, i've just been trying to consolidate threads because this issue is a developing one and has been for 3 months.

My cousin owns and operates the local television station down here HTV and I have been pushing him to do a story on the sinkhole. He finally did, here ya go guys.

edit on 9-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Also here is the second part of State Representative Joe Harrison talking about his removal from The Appropriations Committee as soon as he brought up the sinkhole. Something definitely doesn't smell right and it isn't just the hole.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
CajunBoy- thank you so much for posting that interview with State Representative Joe Harrison. He certainly is passionate about the lives of the people affected. It is so sad. I got half way thru and had to stop. My heart goes out to those folks.

Rep. Harrison talked about home values in the area. Recent information released suggests more detection of methane in and around the homes. So when the Representative speaks of property values is that present or 6 months ago before the sinkhole opened up? I would assume that the current values have truly declined. It angers me that Texas Brine alerted officials years prior that there could be a breach and not one person did one thing. People continued to live, build and invest in that area. Who is responsible is a very good question. IMO- someone at sometime is going to have to give these people the option to sell their homes and start again elsewhere but who is going to be the one ?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Starting next year the property value will be cut by 50%. But they will not know for sure until someone goes to sell their property.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Cavern Floor is still rising

Texas Brine, LLC UPDATE November 9, 2012 1. The Observation Well was opened this morning for two hours during which approximately 60 barrels (or 2,520 gallons) of liquid hydrocarbon were displaced from cavern #3 to the surface. Results from yesterday’s measurement of the total depth of the cavern revealed that the cavern floor has risen another four feet since last measured on November 1. The next total depth measurement will occur next Thursday, November 15.
2. Only a small amount of hydrocarbon remains to be removed from the surface of the sinkhole. The surface will be carefully monitored to see if any additional oily material accumulates. Skimming of the small amount of liquid hydrocarbon material observed in the tree-filled swampy area bordering the sinkhole continued today.
3. Between 8:00 a.m. yesterday and 8:00 a.m. this morning, another 34,000 cubic feet of natural gas was vented from the shallow aquifer relief well and safely flared at the surface. The venting and flaring continues 24 hours a day.

Source

State bills Texas Brine $3.5M for sinkhole costs

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - The state has sent a $3.5 million bill to the Texas company it blames for a massive sinkhole that has swallowed more than 5 acres of land in Assumption Parish and contaminated an aquifer.Attorney General Buddy Caldwell sent a letter this week to lawyers for Texas Brine demanding payment, saying it's the tally so far of state response efforts to the sinkhole.

Texas Brine spokesman Sonny Cranch says the company hasn't received a detailed accounting of the costs included in the $3.5 million and will request an explanation of the costs before addressing "the issue of payment in the appropriate manner."

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join