It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I got something for you ATSers. A video of that "helicopter" and the "fog"

Helicopter? at 6:00 AM CST

Though it is a dark video, it is shot at 2 AM CST. This is the fog that rolled in:

For the helicopter video... It is inevitable that someone say Aliens... Can we just rule that out already? lol

I would like to thank my friend Jo for the video recordings.
edit on 25-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

My real best guess is, there was a marsh fire. How it started? IDK and that helicopter was a response to it. But it doesn't explain the reports of police officers at the site of the hazmat trailer at daybreak near the hole.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Even the unidentified stuff does not bode well. I cannot see a helicopter making a night flight for little or no reason. The same for the daybreak appearance of the authorities at the hazmat trailer.

As the late telemarketer, Billy Mays, used to say "But wait, there's more". The question for the last several weeks is MORE WHAT. And the answers keep getting worse.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

True that. Like I said earlier, I want to see for myself. Some residence granted me permission to camp in there back yard, provided if I bring booze lol. For sure I have 1 camp trip set up for Nov 3 in Belle Rose. My campsite will be about a 2 miles north of the sinkhole.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Advocate is now saying the sinkhole is 5 1/2 acres. I was waiting because the news kept saying 4 acres and I could see by the flyover that is was going. Texas Brine billed $321,000

There is another link here on ATS- someone wrote there is a second sinkhole....

today, Friday the 26th of oct. 2012, there is reported another cavern collapse just SE of the main sinkhole... well deduced from the seisemic signature of the quake last night..
Here is the ATS thread that it is from also on this one, Puterman our quake expert chimed in on the quakes happening. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Made RSOE Unusual geological event in USA on Friday, 26 October, 2012 at 03:10 (03:10 AM) UTC. Description
edit on 26-10-2012 by AuntB because: added more

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Ok i read about the tremors but no were about an actual second sinkhole is confirmed anywere and the person in that other thread to not link his source so i could read the article. Do you have it?

So far only found this talking about that cavern but no mention of a collapse yet.

"The tremor was large enough that the body wave phases could easily be identified," stated Assumption Parish officials said on a blog only about 24 hours after residents learned that the outer edge of the 1-mile by 3-mile Salt Dome under many of them has collapsed. "The preliminary location was just SE of Oxy #3 cavern at a depth of 500 m.," the officials posted at 10:45 p.m. on Oct. 25. Oxy #3 cavern is leased by Houston-based Texas Brine LLC.

Source

Will keep looking though.
edit on 26-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

Ok after rereading the caption you highlighted i read they "deduced" as in are assuming since there were eq there last night that another breach has happened. I will wait for confirmation first.

edit on 26-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

Sorry Lurks but the person stated that another cavern collapsed and people keep saying other sinkholes are opening. I have yet to find an actual report that is credible. It gets discouraging with the lack of solid media attention. I do not the Examiner a credible source and am leery of all that I read on Enews or whatever it is called.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I agree with you and its discouraging to only have a few news stations(sources) actually reporting about it. Some have there own agenda in mind when following things.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB

There is another link here on ATS- someone wrote there is a second sinkhole....

today, Friday the 26th of oct. 2012, there is reported another cavern collapse just SE of the main sinkhole... well deduced from the seisemic signature of the quake last night..
Here is the ATS thread that it is from also on this one, Puterman our quake expert chimed in on the quakes happening. www.abovetopsecret.com...
]

i have it from a close source that the 2nd cavern collapse, underground, is not likely to produce a 2nd sinkhole... the article takes the position that the 2nd cavern collapse (decuced from the seisemic signature)
will increase the size of the present sinkhole

i just wonder why the authorities just don't calculate the volume of material that was mined from the salt dome and calculate just what the final size of the sinkhole will be...

the volume of material excavated should be filled-in thus producing a similar depression on the surface... a 30 acre lake perhaps.... perhaps a 100 acre swamp or bog ?

this ain't theoretical physics

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

They did, calculate the size, you have to go back an watch a lot of the meetings... A lot of us down here just want it to finish collapsing and move on with our lives. Now we the people of Bayou Corne are more concerned not of the sinkhole but those who release articles on the internet that is full of disinformation and and lacking fact.

Also, it would be more of a lake if anything.
edit on 26-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

That is a very good point. What is this disinformation going to do to future real estate values, businesses and tourism. Are people going to shy away do to uncertainty? Also, those people that have investments in their homes that they can't live in and it has been stated that the officials don't know when they will be allowed back in.

I feel that the disinformation of the sinkhole being an atomic bomb waiting to happen is the worst or this is going to split the US. I know that many believe the Cayce Navy maps but I personally believe this is an environmental issue. Personally the purity of the water table and air quality would be my biggest concern.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Trust me AuntB, we down here are taking one disinformation hit at a time. I still don't believe that our seafood is unsafe. I eat it 4 times a week and healthier than ever. I don't believe that our air is being polluted down here by big oil, I am an asthmatic and I really don't have problems with it.

I am leaning more and more to the side that people with nothing are jealous of those who have money and will do anything to level the playing field.

Take LEAN for example. Louisiana Environmental Action Network. On October 9, they released a log that has the symptoms of those who reported sickness around the sinkhole. Thing is they give a bunch of percentages that have no base amount of people attached to it. How are we to determine that what they are posting is truthful if we do not know how many people have participated in this log?

www.leanweb.org...

Like I said, I am starting to lean towards the side of jealousy lead by willful ignorance. Like the header on ATS, deny ignorance. I am holding to that everyday of my life. If I don't know the answer, I ask someone who does. If I am not qualified or do not know the answer to a question, I say I do not know.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Any more info to share on this bit of fact reported by the authorities:

It has been reported to us that there was a sharp tremor recorded by USGS monitors at approximately 9:06 last night. The tremor was large enough that the body wave phases could easily be identified. The preliminary location was just SE of Oxy #3 cavern at a depth of 500m. There is no additional information specific to this seismic activity at this time.
Assumption Parish Police Jury

I am pretty sure that jealousy doesn't explain the tremors. I doubt that "I wouldn't be surprised if those tremors were from a passing cane truck. My house shakes whenever those suckers pass. It is grinding season for sugar cane" (a reason given earlier in this thread for tremors in the area) explains the tremors either.

I am curious to know...

edit on 27-10-2012 by NiteNGale2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2012 by NiteNGale2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NiteNGale2

What more info you want? The thing is has been shooting off tremors and they can't really pinpoint them. That one particular one is only special because it has been the strongest. And yes I do hate cane trucks. I live between LA 1 and LA 308 and both are truck routes. I mentioned the cane trucks at the time because those were the first tremors people were feeling. Now time has passed and more have been recorded proving my theory wrong.

Here is an article: theadvocate.com...

When I mentioned jealousy I was describing those "environmental activist" who blindly believe anything and everything they hear on the internet, looking for a fight with meaning. To them, this fight with meaning is against big oil. They do not go out and do independent research. When they read a true fact that goes against there perception of reality they turn around and start demonizing and criticizing the debunker. Go look at Deb's article comments, you will see what I mean. MIND YOU Deborah is a defendant in a defamation lawsuit filed just last year to her activity during the BP oil spill. To me, she is as credible as Dr. Suess writing news articles.

deborahduprelawsuit.wordpress.com...

She has a bunch of trolls who come into her articles after everyone is done debunking and pointing out all the misinformation she has published. They go ahead and start saying that Deb is right and everyone else is wrong. I swear, you try arguing with and "environmental activist" who comments on her page who didn't know what a swamp was. It is never a civil debate like it is on ATS. Which I love more and more everyday.
edit on 27-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: Posted article

edit on 27-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: word edit

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Why the anger Cajunboy she is afterall a journalist thats what they do the object is to sift through the bull# to find the truth. Anyway this is barely even a topic outside this and a few other forums. The nation is not watching, the public like yourself don't think the sea food our water are unsafe. You represent the majority but the minority and those with a little more hindsite of events similar to this know otherwise. In the end its a catch 22 gmo's vs oil fish vs hormone laden meat, poisonous water is everywhere hell we can't even swim in lake michigan half the time because of the extremely high levels of ecoli! WE need to be vigilant and bring light to these events when they happen because we only have one earth and only one beautiful Lousianna! Sure you can get on Debra's nuts but I think that is a waste of your time she is a non-existant faux journalist who motives are unknown but regardless of that she does get the story out there.
edit on 27-10-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

She gets her version of the story. She claims the local clinic is down here is filled with sick people. Now what kind of statement is that? She herself can not prove what those patients are in that clinic for.

I agree, we must be vigilant. But we also have to be vigilant against disinformation. You will never get the truth if the water is muddied up. Again, the motto of ATS is deny ignorance and disinformation is a form of ignorance.

I'm sorry I am going on a rant of someone reporting the situation, but even the local journalist are starting to think she is nuts. She is building a following that is making us look like a bunch of Jackas with our fingers in our bum.

I realize that this is barely a topic in the national spotlight, but the ignorance of some people is what is making me angry.

And I thank you Brie for holding an intelligent conversation along with all others in this thread. I just posted that last post out of anger. I was 3 hours into reading and replying 3rd party facebook comments on her articles and not one intelligent conversation came of any of it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I honostly don't follow her and facebook well that is just a rediculous place to have any intelligent conversation at. Its just isn't possible. I have learned so much about this topic from you and others on this site its just incredible. Keep us informed as you always do. But, as far as the Edgar Cayce predictions its hard not to make a connection here after all he is one of the most famous seers in modern history so its to be expected.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
reply to post by BrieBird

She gets her version of the story. She claims the local clinic is down here is filled with sick people. Now what kind of statement is that? She herself can not prove what those patients are in that clinic for.

I agree, we must be vigilant. But we also have to be vigilant against disinformation. You will never get the truth if the water is muddied up. Again, the motto of ATS is deny ignorance and disinformation is a form of ignorance.

I'm sorry I am going on a rant of someone reporting the situation, but even the local journalist are starting to think she is nuts. She is building a following that is making us look like a bunch of Jackas with our fingers in our bum.

I realize that this is barely a topic in the national spotlight, but the ignorance of some people is what is making me angry.

And I thank you Brie for holding an intelligent conversation along with all others in this thread. I just posted that last post out of anger. I was 3 hours into reading and replying 3rd party facebook comments on her articles and not one intelligent conversation came of any of it.
Here is what I do. I read what she (Debra D) writes, shake my head a couple times, spit out 3/4ths of it and figure that is the truth. I think the current state officials will try and jerk the public around, yet I truly believe the sheriff will cut through the bull and make sure his people are taken care of. IMO the governor has failed to do his duty for the people of the parish, but local officials give me faith.

As for the seafood, well oil has been seeping from the ocean floor forever. The oil that seeps has not been refined so I figure it is a natural product of earth and the sea life has lived with it. The BP oil spill caused excessive oil in the gulf, the chemicals that they sprayed on that excess oil to break it up is what I find alarming. Bottomline I eat seafood and will continue to.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have yet to get through all the salt dome information and local meetings that you all have provided. I am working on it and will continue, but my children find them boring to watch.

Now these tremors. Has the possibility of the entire salt dome being comprised been approached? We know a cavern failed and that failure was only discovered via bubbling, houses shifting and ultimately a sinkhole. Note: the Assumption area was having tremors in June. I don't put 100% faith in the seismos because there is large machinery in the area that will scue the readings. I prefer to hear from the public. They will know the difference between a sugar beet truck and a tremor.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I love seafood and so will I. I love the south especially Lousianna and will continue to visit as often as possible but, I feel like the government plays this area off as dumb, fat cajuns and that just isn't the case. WE need to protect this area there is no where else like it on earth and holds so much history and culture. Preservation is my main objective as I have seen the adverse effects of dumping here in my own state and know that making sure that incidents like these don't go unnoticed is the key to prevention in the future. Big corp has desimated many areas in this country with little to no outcry. I love this country and this world and know that it needs people like us to make sure that it is not destroyed for future generations.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join