It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It has been reported to us that there was a sharp tremor recorded by USGS monitors at approximately 9:06 last night. The tremor was large enough that the body wave phases could easily be identified. The preliminary location was just SE of Oxy #3 cavern at a depth of 500m. There is no additional information specific to this seismic activity at this time.

Souce

They really don't have a clue as to what is going on.. Be Safe

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96

It has been reported to us that there was a sharp tremor recorded by USGS monitors at approximately 9:06 last night. The tremor was large enough that the body wave phases could easily be identified. The preliminary location was just SE of Oxy #3 cavern at a depth of 500m. There is no additional information specific to this seismic activity at this time.

Souce

They really don't have a clue as to what is going on.. Be Safe

How close is that to the sinkhole?
edit on 25-10-2012 by happykat39 because: typo

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

Makes you wonder if there is something behind the tremor.....like either a buried UFO or government base where testing is occurring.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

That is the cavern under the sink hole

Assumption Parish officials have been advised by DNR [Louisiana Department of Natural Resources] that their exploratory well observers have confirmed that brine cavern #3 has failed. Per Texas Brine’s press release, “[...] The retrieved material does not appear to be consistent with material normally found in brine cavern operations. [...] This statement confirms the suspicions of parish officials: Texas Brine Oxy Cavern #3 had failed

Source
edit on 25-10-2012 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
CajunBoy- since you are in the area or have people near the sinkhole has anyone checked the elevation to see if there is sinking or rising? Now a days you can get GPS units that have elevation. I would be very interested in knowing if there is a loss of general elevation in the area.

BTW- these tremors are not registering at all on USGS.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

The burrowing effects of interstellar craft make tremors and soundwaves which mimic quakes.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
To get everybody up to speed on this thing here's whats happening. The whole area has a huge Gas field under it. The pressure in this field has always been historically higher than anywhere else in the world. The oil companies don't have the technology to be drilling in these high pressure zones but do it anyway because of demand for resourses by our species and our lifestyles. Bp admitted to altering there shut off control after the spill. They did it to try and control the pressure but it failed. The oceans floor has been comprimised not just by drilling but also the pressure building under the seafloor. Oil is leaking out of these cracks and fissures and the Navy continues to spray corexit to this very day. All the caverns in the area have been used to store all sorts of nasty stuff and that being said now the pressure is pushing up Methane and Oil and Gas and collasping the Caverns and causing seismic activity. The whole area is unstable. Mother Nature is driving this shopping cart now and she's going to crash it. The New Madrid fault may be activated by the seismic activity sooner or later. I myself would not be living within 500 sq miles of this thing. My Father was a drilling Enginneering for over 40 years and says nothing can be done. Relief wells and vents are only a temporary fix. Louisianna is sinking. Pakistan has sunk 10 feet in the last year as confirmed by Nasa's earth changes satelite. Thats why their flooding and thats why Louisianna is opening up all these sinkholes. There are 28 of them state wide.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FreshAirGirl

Thanks for the update but we established this earlier in the thread. Also, they have been drilling in the area for over 75 years. They have better technology than they do now, so question is to your statement, how come it hasn't happened before if this is a highly volatile and highly pressurized place.

Secondly, please give me more information on these other 28 sinkholes in the state because this would be the first anyone heard of it.

I'm sorry for questioning you, but you are starting to sound like Deborah Dupre of the Examiner who has multiple defamation lawsuits against her since the BP Oil Spill:

www.thepeoplesvoice.org...
phoenixrisingfromthegulf.wordpress.com...

edit on 25-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

AuntB, there is no subsidence that I known of. I've checked with a couple people. My house is still 14ft above sea level and I am further south than Bayou Corne. I will do some further investigation for you
You also have to remember, Louisiana is forever sinking lol

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
reply to post by FreshAirGirl

Thanks for the update but we established this earlier in the thread. Also, they have been drilling in the area for over 75 years. They have better technology than they do now, so question is to your statement, how come it hasn't happened before if this is a highly volatile and highly pressurized place.

Secondly, please give me more information on these other 28 sinkholes in the state because this would be the first anyone heard of it.

I'm sorry for questioning you, but you are starting to sound like Deborah Dupre of the Examiner who has multiple defamation lawsuits against her since the BP Oil Spill:

www.thepeoplesvoice.org...
phoenixrisingfromthegulf.wordpress.com...

I have actually seen this exact type of disinformation before. There are a couple of small kernels of truth in her post, but they have been used as a bobbin to wind a huge skein of alarmist spider webbing designed to lure in the unsuspecting neophyte. freshairgirl is either an alias being used by Sorcha Faal or she has been lured in by her/it into believing the big lie wrapped around the tiny truth.

The problem is that a lot of people will be fooled into thinking the world is coming to an end when all that is happening is an admittedly bad local disaster. The process uses a few small truths in the beginning which leads to some wild speculation finished off with some total fabrications that the author wishes to give credibility with the opening material.

With that said, I still believe that we need to watch both the sinkhole and the B P Macondo fiasco closely since the possibilities for a major future problem still exists from both. But c'mon, 28 sinkholes and the whole area sinking without anyone knowing about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Agreed, and a lot of the subsidence is due to levees and not really oil companies. Still man made, but a whole topic for another day.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy

Agreed, and a lot of the subsidence is due to levees and not really oil companies. Still man made, but a whole topic for another day.

The situation is bad enough without having to make up data. I outlined some of the possibilities, not certainties, HERE. And as bad as they sound they are still speculation, worrisome speculation, but speculation nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have seen the claim that there are 20+ sinkholes on another conspiracy site. No one has ever come forward to say where they are, so I feel that claim is false. I do agree with freshairgirl statement that basically says, Mother Earth is in charge. I think this is a situation that man cannot fix.
edit on 25-10-2012 by AuntB because: wrong name

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

That is probably the only truthful statement in the whole post. It won't be fixed is also true, but in the end we will have a new lake I can fish in! Sorry, trying to find some happiness in the situation.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
BTW- these tremors are not registering at all on USGS.

This is probably because they are under magnitude 2.5.

500 m is a very shallow quake, which is probably why it was felt in the area, but not enough to set off the USGS monitors.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Here is a map of the salt domes in the area, there is only one sinkhole that I know of!

Salt Domes

You can zoom in and out on the map, Bayou Corne is listed on there

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
In the next couple of weeks, I have a few residents of Bayou Corne who agreed to let me camp in there backyard for a night.

My friend Jo just reported that last night at 2 AM a weird thick fog rolled in. Startled her dogs. She told me that it smelled of burning rubber. Here the deal with that, it is not uncommon near sugar mills for there to be a THICK fog, kinda like smog but not really. The sugar mill in the area is located 4 miles west along Bayou Lafourche. Also we still burn our cane fields after harvest to get ready for another harvest. There is no cane burning going on as well.

It all happened last night.

10/24/12 9:20 PM CST: Massive tremor
10/25/12 2:00 AM CST: Dense fog rolls in, has the smell of burning rubber
10/25/12 4:30-6 AM CST: At least 6 separate tremors reported
10/25/12 6 AM CST: Helicopter reported over the sinkhole area before daybreak

That is what happened in less that a 12 hours period.

Mind you the humidity is high all the time in the swamp. When it is dense fog around here it is mixing with some other air born material. My question is what could it be? Could it be an asphalt volcano? We are the only region in the world that these type of volcanoes can form. It has only been recorded in the Gulf but never on land.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Nice map WhoDat, but I can tell you this is slightly inaccurate. A more accurate map can be found on this PDF on page 6:

www.lgs.lsu.edu...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
There is a helicorder at bayou corne. Has anyone checked it?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

LOL I didn't make it, found it when I was researching this sinkhole! I can't get that page to open, been having issues all day with my computer!

Thanks will check it out tomorrow or maybe tonight if I feel like getting my computer working

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join