It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
We are now nearly four months into this mess created by an abandoned Texas Brine salt dome. The dome has callapsed, a huge sinkhole has opened up, strange bubbling in surrounding waterways, and now tremors accompanied by large booms are being felt in the surrounding area. An evacuation notice has been issued by the state of Lousianna but, yet no national coverage. Why the media blackout on this event?
www.examiner.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

It should be noted that before the sinkhole opened up the residents within the area had been feeling tremors. Plus if I am correct this area is a part of the New Madrid Faultline could these callapsing salt domes filled with industrial waste trigger an earthquake or perhaps are earthquakes causeing them to callapse.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
A media blackout usually means that the government is trying to cover their butts,or the government is trying to cover the butt of some mega rich corporation that owns a lot of congressmen.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm wondering if, due to the geology of that whole area, there is a cascade effect taking place. One area having been weakened or suffering a collapse is in turn weakening and affecting other possible caverns or faults around it in a wide area. Sort of like a domino effect?

Whatever the cause, this seems to be getting worse by the day.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Exactly! this needs more attention before people get hurt.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hey, anyone find Google Earth pics of this site?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I was thinking the same thing because all of these salt domes seem to be interconnected. Who is the Texas Brine Company and who owns it?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hope people in the Bayou are prepared for more Tremors like this couple

I like how he gave his back directly to the snake

darwin award ! (1:05)

Stay Safe !
edit on 10/6/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Nope, none that I can find.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I did find this map that pins all the salt domes in Lousianna. So a domino effect could be possible.

www.umapper.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
reply to post by Britguy

I was thinking the same thing because all of these salt domes seem to be interconnected. Who is the Texas Brine Company and who owns it?

Here is a link to the website.

www.texasbrine.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

I checked it out pretty general really. This thing is becoming a mess.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Anybody surprised no drunk kids have thrown a road flare into the pit yet?l

I am.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
And then there's this....

FEMA and mass casualties

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

That mass fatalities bill, HR 6566, I noticed, has 3 sixes in it. Probably a coincidence! (Or more ritualism hidden in plain sight?)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Here is a video of a helicopter flyover of the sinkhole from 4 days ago.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I know I read that yesterday. Geez connect the dots- media black out on sinkhole, fema mass fatality bill, Obama throws debate. Something seriously is up.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
theadvocate.com...

When asked, Horton said the magnitude of the quakes detected so far cannot be calculated until their location is pinpointed, but he suggested they are likely between a 2.5 and 4.0 on the Richter magnitude scale.

The usgs has confirmed this now.
I think this thread should be moved from the grey area now.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

4 is no small matter. I well remember the quake of 2010, from the Sandwich Fault Zone in Illinois, felt as far away as in Tennessee and Georgia, and it was only a 3.8.

Well I guess it's time for me to consider a bugout bag finally......I just never wanted to go there. Denail is a powerfull mental river....

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
reply to post by deadeyedick

4 is no small matter. I well remember the quake of 2010, from the Sandwich Fault Zone in Illinois, felt as far away as in Tennessee and Georgia, and it was only a 3.8.

Well I guess it's time for me to consider a bugout bag finally......I just never wanted to go there. Denail is a powerfull mental river....

Born and raised in Los Angeles here, a 4.0 IS a small earthquake. We shrug those off, most time nothing is even said about them.

It's good to have a bugout bag, but you don't have to make it seem like it's the end of the world - "The quake of 2010, a 3.8". I know you're not accustomed to earthquakes, but I can assure you a 4.0 or even 5.0 will not collapse society. You'll be fine bro.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join