It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra terrestrial Civilazation of Iarga ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It's interesting to me that all of these encounters come with a warning. This story reminds me of one I recently came across by the name Thiaoouba Prophecy. This author's account of an extra terrestrial encounter is also detailed in a similar way. I do find Stefan's description of not only the descruction of humanity, but the destruction of humanity's immortality a little disturbing.

Anyone looking for an entertaining read, I would suggest the Thiaoouba Prophecy. If this isn't your thing, just consider it entertaining science fiction. I will certainly try to get a hold of Stefan's book!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It's interesting to me that all of these encounters come with a warning. This story reminds me of one I recently came across by the name Thiaoouba Prophecy. This author's account of an extra terrestrial encounter is also detailed in a similar way. I do find Stefan's description of not only the descruction of humanity, but the destruction of humanity's immortality a little disturbing.

Anyone looking for an entertaining read, I would suggest the Thiaoouba Prophecy. If this isn't your thing, just consider it entertaining science fiction. I will certainly try to get a hold of Stefan's book!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I've read the book and found it wonderfully thought provoking and inspiring. The Iargans tend to come off as somewhat arch and patronizing, as though they are talking to an animal or an ape, which is sort of strange, considering that they themselves resemble, at least in some respects physically, apes. I really enjoyed learning about their economic system, wherein no money is exchanged. Instead, if one needs something, one simply asks for it and it is loaned to them for life. Objects are made very well to last for many decades, unlike our material objects, so they can be reused efficiently.

It is true that the Iargans are all about efficiency. They want to figure out how to place the most people in group housing while still preserving intimacy, harmony, grace, and beauty of surroundings. Industrial and agricultural functions are streamlined and mostly mechanized, so that a minimum of human labor is required to perform. Each adult Iargan must work a couple of hours a week in order to keep communal systems running smoothly. Otherwise, their time is given over to what they love to do, be it systems planning, creating art, going on recreational trips, spiritual or philosophical pursuits, etc.

Since no money exists, the idea of "consumption" and "taxes" likewise do not exist. Here we are obsessed with how much we make, and how much we are taxed; on Iarga, everything one needs is provided, so that a being can perform to the best of his or her ability in doing what they love for the greater good. Even yachts and other luxury items are rented. Nothing is paid for on Iarga, only registered.

As far as goods are concerned, you may not have more "in stock" than is reasonable for your own use, otherwise the surplus can be confiscated. It is practically the same sort of thing as a bank account, except that they place the control on the expenditure, whereas we place it on the income. This difference is worth a lot of thought.

They are a very loving people, always saluting,hugging, or otherwise cuddling one another, mostly in water, being an amphibian race. Oddly, they like to eat fish.

The Iargans consider humans a very brutal, violent, and viciously stupid race, and it's a wonder they allowed Stephan Denerde access to their culture. They rightly consider our Christianity a sham, given how we treat one another. It is hard to understand this culture in some ways. While I am willing to allow that they are superior to us technologically and spiritually, in the matter of human freedom, they seem to lack the concept of "reformation" such as we understand it. If an Iargan is violent, psychopathic, or otherwise criminal, they are simply killed, as their society is so highly structured and interdependent that it cannot withstand abhorrent or highly disturbing behavior.

The second portion of the book is given over to Iargan's spiritual beliefs or philosophy. I found this section nearly impenetrable. This is mostly due to the abysmal quality of the translation from Dutch to English. This book begs for a new translation and a new edition. Finding it in hard form is difficult, and one can expect to pay a lot for the book itself. I feel very fortunate to own a copy.

For weeks after reading about the Iargans, I found myself wanting to replicate, even if only through talking with my friends, some of the progressive ideas of this advanced race here on Earth. We should not have to pay taxes nor even work to live on our planet; we have a right to claim Earth as our own and to live peacefully here together, without living in a slave system wherein we must work at low paying jobs just to pay enough to own or rent a bit of land. We shouldn't have to pay for energy, for heat, for food, etc. A new society will eventually be built here on earth that will resemble a little more that of the Iargans, when people throw off the shackles of the world banks and take up instead a system of mutual contribution and cooperation, wherein each individual gets to exercise god given abilities and gifts, and works for the greater good instead of personal profit and greed.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
P.S. - it makes for a great science fiction read.

If one can't believe George Adamski's, Inside the Space Ships, any reason why one should believe this? They're all of the same genre.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Thaxter

The Iargans consider humans a very brutal, violent, and viciously stupid race

That in many cases can be verified....

If an Iargan is violent, psychopathic, or otherwise criminal, they are simply killed, as their society is so highly structured and interdependent that it cannot withstand abhorrent or highly disturbing behavior.

Talking about cruelty...?.

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

All rhetoric aside and so-called debunkers where they belong, if you are interested in reading the now late Wendelle Stevens translation of UFO-CONTACT FROM PLANET IARGA , you can find the PDF here for now. www.galactic-server.net...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Thnx I know but the headline has the link directed...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Being a dutchman I enjoyed listening to the story esspecially since it was in my native language, I loved seeing all the vintage filming.

It was broadcast by NOS (Nationale Omroep Stichting) which is our version on NBC even though their format is much more like PBS and that makes it interesting in my opinion since they were one of the only broadcasters back in the day.

The story seems unlikely to be true but well thought out for the time esspecially since he described mag-lev train technology and a Civilization type 1 pretty well, 10 lightyears is also a realistic distance for a civilization like that.

Also notice a star-system (AFAIK) was never mentioned, I honestly don't think a civilization would be wary to disclose their location.

The man has an air of credibility and he might actually believe what he is saying, if it's true...I'm honestly not sure.

What were the main inconsistancies other than the financial system?

In general I must say that the dutch are very grounded people and very unlikely to come forward with tall tales but I could be wrong.

ETA: I also heard in UFO stories about warning on nuclear weapons and how we not fully understand what they do to other realities which is consistant with what he was saying.
edit on 10/8/2012 by GrOuNd_ZeRo because: Edit to add.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

The story seems unlikely to be true but well thought out for the time esspecially since he described mag-lev train technology and a Civilization type 1 pretty well, 10 lightyears is also a realistic distance for a civilization like that.

Maybe this could be the new target for Kepler space telescope to see if this system has a planet thats in the habitable zone?

But strange that they use the mag-Lev train in the open and not vacuum tubed for higher speeds?

I also liked that vintage video great artist who made all the drawings.
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Indeed he comes across very credible. Being a Dutchie myself and sort of "recognizing" the type of character he seems to be (well spoken, sense of class and intellect) I can't say for sure he's lying. He was head of Scania, a big truck company. Very successful, yet he lost everything and died a lonely man. Doesn't add up to me. Was he trying to create "Iargan" infrastructure himself? Weird way of promoting it.

The illustrator also seems to be a no-nonsense type of guy, and says the technical details are the most important things he looks for when people come to him for projects. So, if he has calculated everything Denaerde claims and hasn't been able to find any discrepancies, one has to wonder...what did this man see? Or was he just another delirious genius?

The Dutch are, as mentioned earlier, very down to Earth. Considering that time in Dutch history and type of man he appears to me, I just can't see how he would benefit from this. Why risk his reputation?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Pretty interesting stuff. Any chance these people may come from the Lyra Constellation area? The nearest star is about 18 light years away, with Vega being about 25 light years. We know there are planets there, and they suspect that Vega has a planet possibly in the habitable zone. Could be interesting.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The guy who wrote these books is a christian nut job. Just take a look at the second book.
It seems like he found a way of preaching his religion, through aliens.
Utter rubbish.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There's just something about his story that seams false to me. I'm not saying he's lying, It just seems to reason that an extraterrestrial race such as that would be more advanced than as he described them to be.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I'm very confused, are we all supposed to discuss a fairy tale or what?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
excellent!
i read this a while ago, but later couldn't remember the names
and how many benevolent space brother stories to wade through?
i knew someone would post about it again eventually

posting so i don't lose track of it again.... i'll try and add to the conversation once i have time to reread it
i seem to recall all sorts of interesting utopian concepts to dissect
or something
anyway thanks for bringing it back to me!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I hope this isn't derailing the subject here, but there does seem to always be a galactic warning/big brother alien friend zone thing going on.

And why do all the aliens have some sort of "Utopian" lifestyle thing going on? There's got to be at least one alien out there that's a redneck or something. And how come every alien abduction that allows people to see their world never takes them to a Galactic DMV? Are these people just flying willy nilly or something? Who's regulating this stuff?

Either way, I'm not an alien expert (can't say I've met a lot of aliens to be an expert), but do all aliens think we're some sort of backwater dumb species? I know of at least 1 Time Lord who thinks humans are utterly fantastic, but who knows?
edit on 11-10-2012 by Grigori because: Can't spell worth a something that is gauged to evaluate the value of spelling. Like a Starling, or maybe Evergreen Gum.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Grigori

And why do all the aliens have some sort of "Utopian" lifestyle thing going on?

Good question , maybe its because the Utopian style civilizations are typically the only civilizations that tend to survive the stage of development that we're fast approaching , then go on to obtain interstellar travel capability .... perhaps

Maybe they are what we will go on to be if we get through the next few hundred years

edit on 11-10-2012 by gortex because: edit to edit

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Even still, it seems there some sort of agrarian lifestyle that always happens or another return to nature harmony thing going on. What about corporate civilizations?

I guess my whole thing is we tend to anthropomorphize nearly everything we come across. Take dogs for example. The truth is dogs have a social structure very different from our own. We don't like the idea of there being lesser people on a social ladder rung, but that's how dogs are. If we came across a sentient civilization of Ants. They would communicate via smells and the men wouldn't even be in the same social circle as the women.

Also, with the Iargans, this is the second account of civilization concepts that talk about euthanizing their mentally handicapped. Maybe I'm just thinking too much about it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join