It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Laugh at it all

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I take comfort in the fact that we are only here for a short while. Then, we get to live in light and be with God, or whatever your beliefs are for the afterlife. It's best to laugh on your journey through life. If you don't, things will seem so much darker.

I laugh when people take things too seriously, or when they're cruel to me for no reason. I laugh because I believe fully in Karma. The things that you do to others, will come back ten fold to you.

When I read about wars and chaos, I don't necessarily laugh, but I shake my head and think, "why?" Why cant people just live in peace? It's so simple, yet apparently so difficult for human beings to see past each other's differences.

I laugh when people just cant grasp the fact that we are all the same, we are all one.

Light and love

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

Nice Avatar and completely agree with you. Really have to wonder what is the prime driver of the hatred force.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Thank you

I believe that the reason why we are here is to learn to have compassion and love for other human beings. Hatred exists because that is the easiest emotion to go to when someone upsets us or makes us very angry.

If we learn to have compassion for those that make us angry, we are one step closer to teaching others that we don't have to be angry all the time. We can learn to live in peace and love. That is what we were sent here to learn. The more that we understand that, the more people will understand that we don't have to live in hatred.

Love is the answer

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll

Thank you

I believe that the reason why we are here is to learn to have compassion and love for other human beings. Hatred exists because that is the easiest emotion to go to when someone upsets us or makes us very angry.

If we learn to have compassion for those that make us angry, we are one step closer to teaching others that we don't have to be angry all the time. We can learn to live in peace and love. That is what we were sent here to learn. The more that we understand that, the more people will understand that we don't have to live in hatred.

Love is the answer

If not Love at least tolerance, respect, empathy and deceny. At least one of them things. Love is generally a bit hard for most people to handle when applying to strangers.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

So this is the origin story of how this world gets a real life "joker"

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Crying is for the weak, laughing is for the idiot. Logic, not being biased and pointing out your own mistakes is for the strong.

That does not mean you should not laugh or cry though. I rather not, emotions mislead many and I will not repeat history. Their lives will be in vein if I do not take lessons from them.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Waking up and understanding reality can take its toll on even the strongest of men.

Sounds cheesy, but it's true. Staring into the face of giants, all we have is the hope for a better world.

All while the common populaces are running around chasing their own tail as the floor is slowly being dropped from underneath their feet.

... all we can do is laugh at it anymore. It's a miserable mess, attempting to rationalize or understand it and why they do what they do, it'll drive you insane.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Just wanted to congratulate you on your post.

This is how i feel constantly, its hilarious really, all over the world, doesnt mean im not saddened by some of the awful things taking place, its just that i see no point in dwelling on the negative, its far better to focus on the positive future we can make for everyone. But GOD this world is hilarious.

Thanks again mate

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I find myself laughing uncontrollably at times

When i am extremely stressed about a situation occurring right before my eyes & i must just hit a limit of coping b/c the next thing ya know... I'm laughing and I'm rolling and I'm laughing so hard it brings on tears...but it somehow gets me through. It must be a coping mechanism of mine and ya know what... it doesn't bother me one bit. Because i'd rather laugh any day as I'm sure we all would.

Everybody has to laugh!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Laughter is an emotion instilled in us by our creator. It has it's time and place. In a humorous moment it is welcome, but at a serious moment, if you laugh, then you're an idiot who doesn't understand the gravity of the situation. If you look at how people behaved in the past, people were very serious most of the time, but today we see that everything is a joke, the news is a joke, famillies are joke, kids trying to make fun of other kids etc etc. I think it is a sign of moral and social decline rather than enlightenment...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I just choose to laugh now because the funny side is the better alternative then the crying side, and considering the first hand that the situation has virtually no built in possibility for influence over nor to stop. So just laugh at it all.

edit on 6-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Excellent post!

As much as I value music for saving my life several times, I value great comedy even more than great music. I think great comedians (as artists committed to the great work) perform possibly the fastest psychological "evolutionary work" on humanity available today (aside possibly from this innernette thing).

I really believe a good/great sense of humor is KEY to successful survival as a complete being in this realm.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Whilst the idea is a good one, it really does..at least in my opinion verge on "ignorance is bliss".

I like to think I'm quite aware, acutely so, about a good deal of things most MSM consumers seem oblivious to, so I think that's a good start at least.

I prefer to think of this function to laugh in crisis situations as a human survival mechanism that we normally do not have much control over. Being able to laugh at the tragedy somehow has helped me to at least get passed the initial shock (circa 95', other shocks of course followed) of what was/is going on.

Being able to laugh - or unable to NOT laugh at it at some point - at least allowed me to be able to get passed the shock & start to think of solutions. Which I plan on posting a thread about as soon as time allows & I've earned enough ATS cookies (pun firmly intended).

IMHO, Laughter possibly = love for yourself or humanity, because in laughter, we easily IDENTIFY with our fellow beings.

Cheers
edit on 7-10-2012 by Pagedisciple because: for better use of the English language & because I like to put little humorous things in here

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Mmmmm, yes we must laugh at the world, set aside those parts of our selves that want to worry and try to predict a future. We must live in the now and laughing can help that, go deep into your form and let go of those silly sides of ourselves.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Yes I'm a laugher... it just gets to a point where you think "what's the point in getting upset about it"... I could literally spend every minute of the day logging onto the internet and finding something to cry about but why would I want to put my self in that space.

I think at the end of the day some of these things are worth knowing but if your not directly going to do something about them and maybe even dedicate your life or a few years of it to trying to make a change then what's the point in sitting around worrying and being upset about it.

Now I just laugh at it all really, it all makes me chuckle! Granted I obviously don't laugh at people actually being killed but most of the stuff just makes me laugh.

I have a friend who has almost #ed his head up thinking about Aliens and abductions and reptilians etc... when he has no proof what so ever... so his head space is literally #ed up everyday for something that may not even be true... So if somehow it was proved it wasn't true or it never was shown to be true in your life time then you'd just look back and think I worried for nothing, hugely wasted my time and all along I could have been having a great time.

The main part is your not letting your self just be and just being is a state of happyness... your letting your self be bogged down with all this negitivity and buying into it all. Sometimes are worth knowing but not to get depressed about, know it and then learn to move on. Learn to laugh at it, sometimes just because you'd cry and sometimes just to see the sillyness of it all.

I remember one time I was driving home from work literally screaming and shouting at Gordon Brown (Englands PM) on the radio, he was just outright lieing and the lies literally related to people dieing. It pissed me right off that he would just lie so blatent like that and no one would pull him up on it BUT I learned to just laugh at it. It's like a big show, a big pantomine and it's not worth getting upset about or even paying too much attension to the rubbish they talk. Mark them down as a liar and don't listen to another word they say, simple really... I mean what else are you going to do, rant daily about it and make your self miserible? and to what end? What's the point? what are you or anyone else getting out of it? Just stop it and let you self be happy.

Always look on the bright side of life lol

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Shypeir

im very much of a similar disposition. I think the flights im more conservative im not a fan of flying as something that heavy just isnt meant to be up there

?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

flights of fantasy and fits of laughter

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

And as for the non laughers those how does your magic gel to this? Do you feel more comfortable in the camp of disillusionment and despairs?

I'm not going to laugh at the cost of the misery of others. I'm going to sit here and feel bad for the downtrodden and work on a master plan to change the status quo, whether I'll be successful is not the issue here, lending a hand is the way forward in a world crumbling like a biscuit.
Teach a man how to fish and all that is my way of thinking. I'm always up for a laugh, but not at the expense of others, especially the downtrodden, that for me is an act of weakness and an act of defeat.
Victory is on my mind and victory we shall get, one day.
TPTB's master plan is to convert the average Joe into a clown and desensitize him into a subordinate ape man swinging from the web cast by his oppressors, singing to their tune.
So if 10 thousand people are dead because of a war, just because I have no nuts to get up and go do something about it, doesn't give me the right to laugh, you can laugh, but you do it because it's the easiest thing to do, which means that's a form of weakness you're showing.
Think about it that way.
No offense.

edit on 023131p://f03Wednesday by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

This post reminds me of "The Comedian" from Watchmen. He laughed it up too when he knew # was getting bad. Sort of ironic sense of humor eh?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I find this thread funny.
But then I read further and I found it not so funny.
But then I read even further I found it funny again.
And tomorrow I will probably not find this thread, which I also find hilarious.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I don't laugh at bad things directly happening...

But I often find the regularity and consistency with which these 'bad things' happen, and how they all seem to be used to push forward some agenda. The obviousness of the similar nature of the 'bad things,' and how people all react the same way, and how they can all be used for similar agendas, is actually quite hilarious...and especially that people don't seem to see it, and the REALLY take it serious...

I take it serious sometimes too...other times it's funny...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join