It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Laugh at it all

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's true, once you get out of gloom and doom phases and into a better perspectives, the world changes for you.
It is much easier to laugh and see that it is all according to plan,
whatever that is.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I still have a rationale mind, like if i see a zebra crossing on a road i use it correctly. Laughing splattered on front of a car isnt a good look.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

There is definitely a plan. I think God looks at it like this. Its better to have a plan than no plan. Now that doesnt mean the plan necessary has to be a good one.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Stfu sissy

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

you must be one lucky s.o.b.

one day, shtf and its victim could either be your immediate family or you

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I agree to a certain point. I laugh at things that probably aren't funny but I have my limits.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I cannot laugh at or derive humor or pleasure from others' suffering, personally. It's just not a part of my nature. So I can't laugh at it all. But I do think keeping a sense of humor is essential to one's sanity.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
No...the moral thing to do is to maintain a constant stream of awareness of terrible things happening all around the world, and to consistently feel sad about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I no longer see the gloomy side of things i just laugh and laugh. Everything is funny. The wars around the world. The social and economic misery and tragedy. I just choose to laugh now because the funny side is the better alternative then the crying side, and considering the first hand that the situation has virtually no built in possibility for influence over nor to stop. So just laugh at it all.

Now then that doesnt mean i dont respect things, i still am fully capable of respecting the laws and the views of everyone. So im wondering how many other laughers are on here in Ats land? And as for the non laughers those how does your magic gel to this? Do you feel more comfortable in the camp of disillusionment and despairs?

edit on 6-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Sounds like you are on the verge of a breakdown man, or your doctor put you on drugs. Gloom ain't that easy to give up. Yeah I laugh for a couple of days and then I just get pissed off again. Some things you got to get angry with. I agree laughter can defuse a situation and is one of the most powerful tools in you kit. But don't give up on anger. It's a good source of energy. It's motivational as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by okyouwin

Some things you got to get angry with. I agree laughter can defuse a situation and is one of the most powerful tools in you kit. But don't give up on anger. It's a good source of energy. It's motivational as well.

I cant faulter your logic. Imagine if a person had the ability to switch between anger and laugh at instance of the innvocation of the will without breaking or harming his/her constituion. It would be nothing less than scorcery in action perhaps.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Yep, i gotta agree, i've reached the point where i've acknowledged the state of things, and it wont be changed until it snowballs and rolls back down the hill onto our stupid faces.

Satire is the only thing i have left.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I love laughing. I often find inappropriate times to laugh, like work, where no one should have fun, or during a fight, etc.

It's great for the soul, often helps to see the truth of the situation, makes you feel good, makes others see truth and/or just feel better, and is a great tool. Many a truth said in jest.

I love irony and sarcasm as well. Often I think my humour isn't understood; no doubt I'm a little strange. But I love a laugh when it presents itself

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shypeir

im very much of a similar disposition. I think the flights im more conservative im not a fan of flying as something that heavy just isnt meant to be up there

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Now then that doesnt mean i dont respect things

If everything is a joke to you. If you don't take anything seriously. Then that is exactly what it means.

Not taking life seriously is NOT the same as not respecting anything.

A game is not serious but the rules still apply...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes exactly i though i had made this clear some people are biting on me like im being callous.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I'm not really sure what you mean lol what's heavy? and whats flying? sorry for my illogical translation of your sentence lol

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I often find inappropriate times to laugh, like work, where no one should have fun, or during a fight, etc.

Sorry, but what I wrote above is the perfect example. That was a joke. Of course it is ok to laugh at work, but western society condemns certain things because of a warped sense of contentment, happiness, etc.
It was a joke. Not taken lol. And of course I would respect the things that should be respected. The things I mentioned were somewhat sarcastic, and/or ironic. Figthing, for instance, perhaps its not worth fighting and if someone makes a joke it all stands out, the truth, the stupidity, whatever.

Massive misunderstanding, but still funny lol

And I am not being callous, or calling you callous. I am highlighting that humour can make a day better, even if it isn't the norm. Sorry you misunderstood lol.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Shypeir

i thought it was flight not fight, lights low in the room.

My callous remark wasnt aimed at your posts. You and i could easily be in same room and talk and probably agree on 90% of things.

edit on 7-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

haha flight. absolutely no humour on a flight.

I was on a plane once and smiled at the girl I was sitting next to, sat down, starting chatting, and said, "Yeah I just watched air crash investigations last night" She just stared at me and shivered and then I realized what I said. Oh well.. lol

Ok good to know

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shypeir

exactly why i hate flying because i have seen that series of aircraft investigations as well.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join