It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Laugh at it all

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I no longer see the gloomy side of things i just laugh and laugh. Everything is funny. The wars around the world. The social and economic misery and tragedy. I just choose to laugh now because the funny side is the better alternative then the crying side, and considering the first hand that the situation has virtually no built in possibility for influence over nor to stop. So just laugh at it all.

Now then that doesnt mean i dont respect things, i still am fully capable of respecting the laws and the views of everyone. So im wondering how many other laughers are on here in Ats land? And as for the non laughers those how does your magic gel to this? Do you feel more comfortable in the camp of disillusionment and despairs?

edit on 6-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I laugh all of the time on ATS. And the best laughs come from posts that weren't even meant to be funny!

A life without laughter is a life robbed of meaning, IMO.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Laugh or cry...life goes on.

Billions of events happen every second of every day and into the future. Of these billions, some involve us. To an extent we can dictate the *emotional flavour* of these events and choose whether to make them positive or negative - laugh/cry.

So we can't control 'The World' but we can control *some* of our world and make the events we cause to be positive.

Fewer tears and more smiles.

CX

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Whilst the idea is a good one, it really does..at least in my opinion verge on "ignorance is bliss".

I am only making an assumption right now, but i am guessing that everything is rosey in your life right now, financial, health, family wellbeing? It's hard to laugh everything off when the going is really tough.

That said, like i say your idea could be used in some way. I used to listen to a lot of Anthony Robbins material, i have the Get The Edge and Personal Power CD's, and one of them is called "The Power of Emotions. It basicaly challenges you to assign a different emotion to a specific event.

The one i use the most ever day, and i use it a hell of a lot on ATS, is when someone has a go at me and rants uncontrollably, instead of having a go back with equal anger, i think to myself, "What else could it mean?".

If i know full well it was my fault, then if need by i'll apologize and make amends. If i know i've done nothing wrong, then i wonder if they could be a parent having a bad day with the kids, or they might have other things on thier plate, work, finance, health etc.

Or....like you say, smile or laugh it off.....with certain things.

It's you who decides how to react to specific incidents, so who is to say you can't decide to react to them differently?

It will be hard to do for many though.

CX.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Laughing as a coping mechanism isn't bad I guess.

I think the ones we have to worry about are the ones who don't laugh, cry, or deny.

If you don't suffer from minimisation then you're a danger to someone - that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Thats probably not healthy.

If you see pictures of horror and misery and you 'laugh and laugh' you're either faking it (to fool whom?) or you are heading down a dark road. You've basically described 'The Comedian' from Watchmen. If its all a joke why bother to try and be good?

Its not necessary. You just have to realise you are unimportant. Join the club. If its any consolation the ones of us who become important are usually the worst of us.

World history is helpful I find, it puts things in context. Horrible as the world is, its no worse than its been and for lots of people its better than most of human history.

By all means feel outraged by things that are outrageous, but if its something outside your control let it go. If you make life better for those around you then you are doing better than most of us.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I don't laugh AT the bad things we humans do. When I've heard enough I turn away and look for good things to laugh about. You are right, though. All these wars, pending wars, religious violence, governments that have no idea what their people want...it's a sad sad joke.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Laughing is free and dont cost anything. Thats the only reason required.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
If you don't laugh you cry !!!

That's an expression that is a regular in society.I must have said it thousands of time myself.

When it comes to my own life it certainly is relevant because however bad its got I've managed not to take myself to seriously which keeps things into perspective.And those bitter little ironies still make me smile when it all goes to sh**e !!!

Inwardly it's an apt saying to keep you on track but as an actual solution to what happens to the the world it's self defeating,flawed !!!

It reinforces the belief you can't do a thing about anything thats wrong.Ok maybe you can't do anything significant but you've got to believe its better to try.

It simply is a response that is stoic and even cynical.

When we use the expression in our daily lives it's meant ironically not literally.

Surely if its a case of dont laugh,dont cry but get angry,furious then use it to motivate some action

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Laugh or cry...life goes on.

It is the most precious gift.

Time goes on No one is stuck with his\her misery.

And happiness.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Even in the midst of sorrow, joy and laughter can be found. They are two sides of the same coin. Given that we cannot stop endlessly repeating ourselves might as well laugh.

When you see the ridiculous, don't you shed a light on it? When you laugh, don't you dispel some of the darkness?

We get where we are, time and time again, cause we lack a sense of humor and cannot laugh at ourselves, yes?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

We get where we are, time and time again, cause we lack a sense of humor and cannot laugh at ourselves, yes?

yes

Inner laughing is a skill to learn as well. Some people will get upset if you laugh in front of them. Try laughing with out expression. if you cant resist a expression make out its tears of hurt.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I am at peace and even at times when i seem to react in unpleasant way to things i literally see it like someone else. I stop it if it seems too much. Nowadays i just observe and so many things seem so unreal. Yet it is just good and i see bad things originating from me decreasing.

I dont inject the world with as much hatred as i used to. And i stopped drinking too. I necessarily did not do anything by myself. I just watch and things seem to change for the good it seems. The most, i do see mind getting pissed and doing certain things but when i take notice and just watch it stops.

Andddd i am at peace most the times and i think pleasant too... world is funny... i am funny and stupid at times too.... that gives me good laugh too

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
i should write a book on the subject and make millions then i can laugh all the way to bank

. If every chapter is like equivalent to a 5 page thread. 10 chapters. ...

edit on 6-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
what does funny mean?

can other animals comprehend humor? or is it a complex intellectual thing?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Dogs wag their tale so they have their own perception of humour. There is some kind of symbiotic relationship between Dog and Master, so mabey they do understand the humour. The certainly always have the same ideas on what food to eat, even if it comes down to the stuff inthe can

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by ImaFungi

Dogs wag their tale so they have their own perception of humour. There is some kind of symbiotic relationship between Dog and Master, so mabey they do understand the humour. The certainly always have the same ideas on what food to eat, even if it comes down to the stuff inthe can

the examples you gave resemble the concept of "happiness",,, more then humor in my opinion,,,,,,

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Now then that doesnt mean i dont respect things

If everything is a joke to you. If you don't take anything seriously. Then that is exactly what it means.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I appreciate your humour. Maybe the only answer is when everyone realizes just how deeply stupid everything is and are required to laugh at it can their be real change.

Humour is power, and maybe acknowledgement that the subjective and objective rationalizations for everything are come up with as a way to understand something that doesn't make sense because people and their organizational units aren't doing anything for any reason except to have fun using force.

Whatever. Irony - the glue that holds the whole universe together.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Laughing is the best meditation. Try laughing like alan watts. :p

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join