It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in the sky in Sicily

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hello to all.
I have always been curious about these 2 pictures i took and hope to finally understand what i saw.
I have never shown these pictures to anyone, because what more could i get than a "Who knows"
But given the size of the ATS community and the collective expertise/knowledge, you can possibly help solve this.
I won't say "No doubt it was a ufo!" all i can say is it dam well looks like one.
So here is the background info:
I was visiting my family in Sicily, We have a house near the beach not too far from a town called Cefalu'.
The two pictures were taken on August 05, 2010, 1:14:10 the other one at 1:16 PM
I was just outside smoking and i noticed this object in the sky, very shiny that i remember, i just thought it was a plane or something, when i finished smoking the object was still there, same size and distance, so i took out my superzoom camera to have a "closer" look. I only took two pictures, since i was at max zoom, and the images could not really get more detailed. Unfortunately i can't say how long that thing was there for, i eventually left because i had some things to do.
So below you have the pictures, i know they are not much but that's all i could get out of the camera,

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

And a crop showing only the object with a bit of the roof of the house for reference
www.flickr.com...

All i can say is that it was there, stationary and it was very shiny that is probably why i noticed it in the first place.
i'm not that great with Flickr, so not sure if there is a better way to post the images there, i will tell you this though: looking at the image at normal size, you won't be able to see much, what i had to do was click on "view all sizes" and select the highest resolution, then the object is more visible.

If you have any problem viewing the images, please let me know how to upload it in order to make it more visible. If you want a personal copy of the image, or want more information, feel free to ask.
and thank you in advance for the help!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Nice pic.....although I would love for it to be a UFO.....I am going to side with caution and say maybe a drone?

I don't know how common they are there?

What really got my skin crawling was that pic of the spider....I'll have skin crawlies all night.....eeeeww.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IShotMyLastMuse

looks like a bird

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
OMG DUDE! i was there!!!! i also took a picture of it!! i was underneath it though!

check it out! -

edit on 6-10-2012 by SkepticEzzy because: (no reason given)

okay ^ i was kidding about the picture, but maybe it could have been a drone like the first comment-er said?
edit on 6-10-2012 by SkepticEzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticEzzy

Seagulls are not very common in my area, but would it stay in the same place for at least 2 minutes?
Again i have no idea how long it was there for, but i doubt you could get 2 identical pictures of a bird in flight, also it was shining, like a metallic object of sorts.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
You're going to get a lot a people who beat you up over this.
Don't let them.
You know what you saw. Or rather that it wasn't a seagull.
You know the 'feeling' you had, what you experienced, etc.
Stick by your gut feeling and let those who doubt you alone.

That being said? I posted to a friend of mine who lives in Sicily (as I do) that just a few days ago I also saw a UFO. Am I saying it was alien in origin? No. But it definitely wasn't a plane or a helicopter or a drone. Did I have a camera with me - funny enough that time no - when I always have a camera with me. One reason I didn't post anything here on ATS.

All that being said - do I believe Sicily is a hot spot for UFO's?

Ina word. Yes.

peace

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
all i saw was a bird

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hi silo....did you post pics before of UFO....now that you say it I remember someone else from Sicily posting goods pics?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Can't get a close look at it because I cant download the pic from flickr but it does have the coloring ( grey and white) and shape of a seagull .

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
All I can think about now is spiders
I have a (very pathetic) phobia of them!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IShotMyLastMuse

I know troll will be my new name from her on out but I just have to say this. DUDE you have seagulls in Italy. They do the same as seagulls everywhere. Like literally everywhere, there are seagulls everywhere in this world. I have traveled the world, and guess what? People talk different, have different political......religious views. But one thing you can be 100000000000000 percent sure of is a fO(&*^ing seagull. They are everywhere. Literally.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IShotMyLastMuse
reply to post by SkepticEzzy

Seagulls are not very common in my area, but would it stay in the same place for at least 2 minutes?
Again i have no idea how long it was there for, but i doubt you could get 2 identical pictures of a bird in flight, also it was shining, like a metallic object of sorts.

As for being stationary, birds can get into a head on air current(especially seagulls) that actually makes them look like they are hovering, seen it many times.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by IShotMyLastMuse
Hello to all.
I have always been curious about these 2 pictures i took and hope to finally understand what i saw.
I have never shown these pictures to anyone, because what more could i get than a "Who knows"
But given the size of the ATS community and the collective expertise/knowledge, you can possibly help solve this.
I won't say "No doubt it was a ufo!" all i can say is it dam well looks like one.
So here is the background info:
I was visiting my family in Sicily, We have a house near the beach not too far from a town called Cefalu'.
The two pictures were taken on August 05, 2010, 1:14:10 the other one at 1:16 PM
I was just outside smoking and i noticed this object in the sky, very shiny that i remember, i just thought it was a plane or something, when i finished smoking the object was still there, same size and distance, so i took out my superzoom camera to have a "closer" look. I only took two pictures, since i was at max zoom, and the images could not really get more detailed. Unfortunately i can't say how long that thing was there for, i eventually left because i had some things to do.
So below you have the pictures, i know they are not much but that's all i could get out of the camera,

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

And a crop showing only the object with a bit of the roof of the house for reference
www.flickr.com...

All i can say is that it was there, stationary and it was very shiny that is probably why i noticed it in the first place.
i'm not that great with Flickr, so not sure if there is a better way to post the images there, i will tell you this though: looking at the image at normal size, you won't be able to see much, what i had to do was click on "view all sizes" and select the highest resolution, then the object is more visible.

If you have any problem viewing the images, please let me know how to upload it in order to make it more visible. If you want a personal copy of the image, or want more information, feel free to ask.
and thank you in advance for the help!

I was able to copy the photo, blew it up using Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, then did a screen grab and processed it using Picasa where I darkened the image to make the object stand out better, cropped it and below is what is seen. It does look like a bird but the right wing is not attached to the white body so if it is a bird I can't explain the gap.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

When you have manipulated the photo there is a possibility of lost pixels. So for whatever reason that section of "whatever" could have been lost in the process to create a new object that looks like a Seagull having a wing shot off!

Just my two penny's worth!

Silo I believe many UFO's are landing where people are not.... You neck of the woods I would have thought would be more remote than other areas on the main land as it were. So my thoughts if I was fly a UFO Your Etna would be a lovely item to fly over and ponder vs the Vatican or other built up areas i.e. Rome etc. BTW its nice to see threads and other postings by you as for me you were missed in ATS whilst visiting the States! You do have a unique in site which is why I lurk here at ATS as there are some great minds here along with the sheeples.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IceHappy
reply to post by The Shrike

When you have manipulated the photo there is a possibility of lost pixels. So for whatever reason that section of "whatever" could have been lost in the process to create a new object that looks like a Seagull having a wing shot off!

Just my two penny's worth!
snip

The manipulation that I performed did not result in lost pixels. Blow up the OP's image and you'll see the same as in "my" image except maybe a little lighter with the sky bluer.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Good job on blowing up the pic. The gap doesn't exist, it just appears there's a gap because of the angle and the pixelation.

Clearly it's seagull. Seagulls can get quite big and can 'float' in the wind, as another poster mentioned.

edit on 9-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: typo

new topics

top topics

join