It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Square’ Earth - ‘Money' (no longer) makes the World go ‘round.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Starbucks Gets Square Next Month – Will You Change the Way You Pay?

Innocuous? Unassuming? Welcome news? Think again.

The highest-profile test to date to see whether people actually want to pay for things with their phones will roll out next month at Starbucks.
link

Every day TPTB are making it easier, trendy and even 'fun' to accept a cashless society - step by step until you’ve no choice at all. No choice but to pay - without cash. That ‘they will follow your every purchase - where you go when you go and how you buy is the least of the worries. Keep reading.

The company announced at its huge confab today for Starbucks store managers that customers will be able to buy their coffee using Square Wallet starting in early November.

More on who ’Square Wallet’ is later - but here‘s what they‘ll do for you as soon as November turns the corner.

Unlike Starbucks’ standalone mobile app, the digital equivalent of a Starbucks gift card, Square’s app is tied directly to your credit card and can be used anywhere that takes Square.

Starbucks (sic) is the largest chain ‘so far’ implementing the use of ‘Square’.

During the initial launch, Square users will each have a barcode that’s scanned at the checkout counter, though Starbucks says it’s working on ways to make use of Square’s more advanced features down the road, such as an automated location-aware feature that lets customers pay by just saying their names.

Automated location-aware? Voice recognition? WHAT?!

Starbucks’ partnership with Square, headed by Twitter inventor Jack Dorsey, is the most prominent deal inked by the mobile-payment startup so far, and has the makings of a bellwether for the pay-with-your-smartphone future.

Twitter too? Yep. Remember that.

At the same time the UK (where they can get away with forcing it on the public) is actively implementing a system of it’s own - with (un) surprising similarities. Whereas in the USA? TPTB are using the stomachs, laziness and apathy of the people to shuffle the whole system right into place easy-easy. And the American’s ‘Like it’.

The Government will announce details this month of a controversial national identity scheme which will allow people to use their mobile phones and social media profiles as official identification documents for accessing public services.

Ok, so you say this is for public services. And just how long do you think it will take for the US Gov to slip all that information from ‘Square’ - into a easy process for on-liners to do the same? Like a snap of a finger.

People wishing to apply for services ranging from tax credits to fishing licenses and passports will be asked to choose from a list of familiar online log-ins, including those they already use on social media sites, banks, and large retailers such as supermarkets, to prove their identity.

Are you seeing it yet?

A cross-section of social media companies, high street banks, mobile phone businesses and major retailers has been chosen in order to appeal to as wide a demographic as possible.

Oh, let’s see, like Square? Like Twitter? Like FaceBook?

In recent weeks, the Cabinet Office’s Government Digital Service has backed a UK working group of the Open Identity Exchange, which was set up in America to bring organizations including Google, AOL, PayPal and Experian together to find a simple method of online verification that doesn’t require multiple passwords.

Are you seeing it yet?

The Post Office’s involvement in the Identity Assurance Programmes was revealed by a notice placed in the Official Journal of the European Union. The Royal Mail subsidiary sought a third party provider to help in assembling consumer data including name, date of birth, address, gender, passport and driving license numbers, financial history, electoral roll status and telephone numbers.

Italy was ‘informed’ last evening via television - this system will be implemented in Italy by 2014.

While plenty of retailers already offer ways to pay with your phone, the coffee seller’s embrace of Square suggests broader ambitions. Dorsey believes that his company can create a way to pay so pleasingly superior to credit cards or cash that Square can inspire a paradigm shift.
link

Inspire a paradigm shift? No *bleep*!

That was half a century ago - and now? "95 percent of the transactions in America, or more, have nothing to do with physical pieces of paper or coins," Reich said.

Think about it. Parking meters, taxis, tolls, even Girl Scout cookies don't require cash anymore, all proof (argue some) that cash's days are numbered.
link

And the sheeple are just loving it! Double latte with a side a New World Order please.

peace

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I just got a U2U from someone asking me 'what's the big deal' over not using cash anymore?

I'm gobsmacked.

What's the problem with cashless society?

This is frustrating. I don't want to spoon feed anyone anymore - but if you can't see one reason - even one reason why this is a HUGE problem - a monumental problem - probably the worst to date? Then anything I have to say would go right over your head anyway.

peace

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Ok, maybe I will do some spoon feeding after all.

First - it’s optional - and FUN!

When the ‘fun’ stops? Is when the use of electronic cash becomes mandatory and the government rules the use of cash as illegal.

Then what? When you’re ‘cut off’ from the ‘electronic cash system’ and try to pay for goods/services with cash or barter? You become a criminal. Period.

Once you establish that modality?

We. Are. Through. There are no more freedoms. Period.

That gun you‘ve got? You’re prohibited from buying amo - via your ‘electronic’ payment system.

That loaf a bread? Too bad! You didn’t pay your taxes - sucks to be you now GO HUNGRY!

Are you getting it yet?

If not? Use the next 6 minutes of your time wisely and hear it from someone else.

peace

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I call it the New Serf paradigm.

We are merely a few years away before this is completely integrated into society. Propaganda will make others suspicious of those who pay with cash. Counterfeit scandals, etc. --- When everything is digital, they can 'shut you off' whenever they choose. There will be a day when the governments of the world declares paper money as an unsafe and 'obsolete' method of payment and bans it outright. And the worst part is society will be conditioned to not only accept this, but they will promote it and love their new digital shackles.

"Back in my day, we used to use paper dollars just to pay for a sandwich."
"Grandpa, what's a sandwich?"

edit on 6-10-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Watch a movie called In Time, and think money instead of time.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
They are going from making money worth almost nothing to money actually being nothing. Talk about having complete control of a population of slaves.

It's not even a piece of paper at that point, just code in computer chips, and try to wipe your posterior with that when you have no toilet paper.
edit on 6-10-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added more information for clairity.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

In all honesty "cashless" is basically where we're at anyway - even if our pockets are stuffed to the gills with twenties and tens. Since we now have an exclusively fiat based currency and a global electronic banking system, most of the worlds "wealth" now is just digits in a computer anyway.

Even material "wealth" now has only implied value. Many saw this reality when their home values dropped sharply and nearly overnight. Currently most precious metals are inflated in price to the point of being bubbles - with the potential to burst, and on hand cash is only worth what inflation and currency exchange rates say it is.

The whole game got lost about 99 years ago, really. Now we're just catching on.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
don't spoon feed anyone any more. It is too late and you only risk yourself being alienated for your interest in opposing ideologies.

Let TSHTF and the pieces fall as they may. Those prepared will be the type of people to rebuild society. Those that are scum bags, or dumbasses will be the ones to ruin our efforts.

Sounds cold, but it is true as well. In a dire situation you don't need club kids who will go ape or act out of useless and petty emotions contrived out of their frustration and despair. You will not need the worthless and insane.

Is that too harsh as well......then I am too harsh.....

You will need to be strong to survive the changes the world is undergoing. You must be strong for your loved ones. They will need strength, not idealism. The ones to take advantage of you to your peril will use your once applicable idealism to render themselves in a situation of greater survivability and you in one of less.

In years past, I would have argued Idealism as the standard for our functional world to live by. In the world to come, practicality and worthiness must be assed in all we do and all whom we interact with.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Good post, silo.
Thanks.

But it comes as no surprise to me.
I believe we all saw this coming.
Maybe we just didnt want to admit it.
As we further engross ourselves into their "society", these things happen.
We allow it to happen because we are training ourselves to believe its normal.
Then we teach it to our kids, which continue on the same path, maybe even worse.
So here we are. Becoming a cashless society of our own doing.
Think about it.
WE are the ones who constantly purchase things with their "credit".
WE are the ones who need to expedite everything. Faster!
WE are the ones who believe that credit cards are necessary.
It was and still is up to us to change it. WE are the majority.

And WE are the ones who fell for it all. Hook, line and sinker.

The life you live and the choices you make will determine your outcome.
This goes out to all of those people who actually see this as a problem.
Instead of mindlessly watching TV these past few years, did you learn to grow food?
Instead of foolishly spending money you didnt have, did you learn to live without electricity?
Did you learn what it takes to survive without their "society"?
Because if you don't accept this new currency, which we all see coming...

You are going to need those skills.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I could see this coming years ago.

We have come a long way with regards to technology, we are tempted with 'things' which save us time and make our lives easier. Thanks to technology, we dont have to get off our arses to do anything anymore except go to work to pay for it all; we can buy all our necessities from our armchairs, we can make new friends, video call our relatives on the other side of the globe, pay our bills, everything we used to take time to do can now be done via a keyboard.

I grew up where the most up to date gadgets you could get were a tv and a fridge. We played team games on the street with other kids, we went to visit relatives in their homes and we were all extended family, days out shopping together, family meals together, watching tv together instead of one each, sharing a room with siblings instead of a room each, etc.
None of that now.

TPTB encourage us to isolate ourselves from each other instead of relating and bonding, especially from our families and preventing us from forming close bonds with each other. Kids nowdays spend most of their time in front of a computer or on their blackberry/iphone, and I predict that soon they won't even have to leave their homes for school (cant have them forming real relationships in classrooms full of real people), and we will have to buy our kids schooling online and an avatar on your computer will teach them, and all while you're out at work and contributing to isolate your kids.

It's all geared to keep us all separate, where no-one will trust anyone and every man for himself, no real loyalty to anyone, no real anything. A brainwashed virtual life. The only physical effort required from you, is to get yourself to work and bust your buns to earn virtual money to pay for it.

Yes, TPTB's plan is definately on track.
edit on 6-10-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and here's another piece to the NWO's game of monopoly.

"Your Right to Resell Your Own Stuff Could Become Illegal"

I'll tell you what, it's getting tougher and tougher to feel any love for these NWO clowns.

For some strange reason each day now I find myself feeling more and more like a cornered wildcat.

F.T.G.

edit on 6-10-2012 by seasoul because: surf or die!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

Oh exactly! With no money passing hands - but all registered and accounted for electronically? Sure, you can have those yard sales and used items sold here - BUT - you'll not only be paying a 2.7% 'fee' for buying with your own cash - BUT - you'll be paying taxes on used items - again.

Oh yeah, this is so wrong on so many levels it's painful to think of.

Problem? What the hell do we do about it?

peace

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by havok, BOHOTZ & doobydoll

All three of your threads are incredible poignant, right on and tell it like it is from people who are obviously awake. I agree with all of you and applaud your strength to say it like it is.

My question for you three?

What. Do. We. Do. To. Stop. This.

Or am I being a little 'Pollyanna' in thinking we even can? Meaning there is NO stopping it.

peace

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I don't know how it can be stopped, I really don't. I am scared for our future generations and hope they won't have to live under oppression. We will be the curse of their days if we allow that to happen. Do we really want to leave a legacy of misery and slavery?

When I think of the horrors our brave grandads and their friends endured through the world wars, risking and giving their lives so that we can have a better life - what would they say to us I wonder, if they could see the state we have let our world become?

We will not be remembered with honour by our descendents, but rather curse us to hell for seeing it coming and doing nothing at all to stop it.

We should hang our heads in shame

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

There's no stopping the inevitable.
Cashless society is what is being spouted off everywhere.
It is what the next "progression" will be and we all see it coming.
You have an entire generation of people already used to smartphones and credit.
So it comes as no surprise to see a subtle change already taking place.

Direct deposit? Sure. Now you never have to cash a paycheck again.
Credit/Debit cards? Yep. Why bother carrying around dirty cash!
Pay everything online? Why not! It's much easier and convenient!

See this new currency is already in it's last stages.
All we need is a way for the actual present currency to fail...which we see now.
Then our slaveowners will present the new global electronic currency.
Either you accept it and use it or you lose everything.

And we all know how much we don't want to lose everything we worked so hard for.

(My solution is extreme and unbearable for most folks. I saw this coming years ago and have made preparations to withstand the changes that are coming. It's up to the rest of society to do the same and trust me, most people I talk to about it can't handle/understand the reasons. It almost like giving up everything you own)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Is there a fork in the road ahead of us?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
How would one buy a bag of greens?
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Control the money, control everything.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The fiat counterfeit paper and electronic currency monetary systems are criminal. I see no real options other than this. A people's monetary system based on metals ( gold, silver, copper, aluminum, etc. ). Easily cast, and fairly traded within any community for goods or services.

edit on 7-10-2012 by seasoul because: surf or die!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I just got a U2U from someone asking me 'what's the big deal' over not using cash anymore?

I'm gobsmacked.

What's the problem with cashless society?

This is frustrating. I don't want to spoon feed anyone anymore - but if you can't see one reason - even one reason why this is a HUGE problem - a monumental problem - probably the worst to date? Then anything I have to say would go right over your head anyway.

peace

This is a very important post.
You have understood that there are people who just aren't going to be reached.
No matter WHAT evidence,proof,or just common sense logic, you present them with, they are quite honestly
no able to grasp the import of what you are going on about.

I mean to say that literally.....THEY CAN NOT grasp it.
It is not something they have the ablity to fully understand on the level that it needs to be fully understood.

The next step for YOU is to realize just how many people like this there are.
I'm guesstimating about 90% in this country.

You are NOT going to change this.
People WANT this.
YOU and I are the outsiders. We are the ones who need to "wake up".
This is the world and the future that we are going to be living in and guess what?

It isn't going to be forced on us at all.
People are going to waller in their enslavement like pigs in $hit.
If you aren't fully ready and willing to live in the this Brave New World in which we will all be kept totally safe and secure by the state and count on the state for our every, even most basic of needs, then you are going to have a tough time.

You and I are in a place.....A "head space".
A place which took alot of mental and spiritual determination to get to.
A choice was made at some point.
That you value your independence and self determination, freedom and liberties above all else.
Above the safety and security that the state keeps offering.

They, like the mafia, keep making the offer until we take it.
The events of 911 was their way of making us "an offer we couldn't refuse".
You are going to take the safety and security we are offering, or things are going to get much worse!!!
"Get it".

So, predictably, people took the offer.
Whether consciously or sub-consciously, we all took the deal.
We will continue to take the deal because the alternative is much worse...for most.

I understand that I am supposed to hate TPTB but I have to agree with them only because it is so ubundantly clear and obvious.

People are really dumb cattle who need to be led.
I don't LIKE it!
I don't laugh about it.
It brings me no joy.
But the truth is the truth.
We, collectively, are too stupid to govern our own lives.
Don't agree with me????

Look outside your window.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I too at one point wanted to just give up. Just look around, I see no more choices, not only are we the minority, but we are also seen as loons, crazies, etc,. for not wanting to participate in a game that was made for us to lose.

Everyone I talk to is completely clueless, and they are proud of not being concerned, because its like living in the movies for them, this is science fiction finally coming to YOU! I did worry at some point for my children and but I have a hand up at this point, and all parents, and those that are close to family and friends, that are at least willing to listen should be saying to them.

There is a chance that even folks like us can make it. If and when (oh, and it will happen more then people know) that their cards are shut off because they are late on the phone bill, and they cant get food, they will indeed be turning to us.

I may not be pro stupidity in some people, but come on, think about it, how long could this last? We know that people want it, but in reality those same people right now signing up for that "free reader" are the same people that are thousands of dollars in debt, who have a nice car, and $200 dollar shoes, and have bills up the butt.

Lets build the skills now, as people that have taken a closer look down the rabbit hole, and realized that there are more questions then answers, and never gave up. I give this 5 yrs tops, before people are begging that this system be removed. It will be to late, as this system was never meant for those that didnt go to college, or arent living in the suburbs, this is meant to remove the middle class entirely, and have just 2 classes (as we now know the problem was always that there was a middle class), the RICH and the POOR!

If I had to bet, I would bet all of my fake money on this turning into a fiasco that will lead to martial law, because you can take peoples freedoms, take their homes, take their dignity, but you cannot take their internet, McDonalds, or soda without a fight.

I plan on staying and watching from my nice little place in the woods, cooking on my wood stove, and enjoying the fact that when TSHTF I knew better, as most of us do, and if not should.

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join