It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello everyone,it's about time I came in from the dark !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hello ATS,I thought it was about time I should step out of the shadows,stop lurking and head for the light.

My name is Bob,I was 40 yesterday [04/10/12] and I'm assured that's when life begins so what better way to start.I from Scotland,no remarks about kilts or being tight wi money please.lol.I live in the wilds of the Highlands near the world famous loch and it's monster that members of this site will doubtless know about.

And no I haven't seen her,am absolutely sure she's a myth but have seen things around Loch Ness of far greater interest.Also I've fished the loch countless times on boats,armed with fish finders.You'd be surprised by how much more food is down there than is always reported.When it's said the loch's so full of peat and dark there's relatively little life down there they rarely mention the volume of Artic Char that thrives real deep.The loch is pretty dramatic in more ways than just the water's depth,it's an incredible place but it's daunting,dark,very mysterious and it's brooding majesty makes it seem almost alive.

I did join initially last year but wasnt able to connect for a long time until recently.I can't remember now what brought me here but I've always enjoyed reading the thoughts and beliefs people have.I never really had much belief in conspiracy theories much but found it fun to speculate though.

Some of the ideas I've been reading in here are mad and some phenomenally rare and insightful.The latest cosmology,physics and conjecture around them fascinate me along with some of the meta/philosophical ideas make me think,some just go right over my head thou.lol.

I've been adding the comments over the last week when I should have come here and said hi first,probably making me look like one of they 'trolls' i keep hearing about but I'm not,I comment with the hope of making a good point,furthering the topic or injecting a little humour.Partly it was also being unsure whether I could create a thread to the standard I'm seeing here but I'm already getting some ideas together.

Am also interested in the paranormal,history,learning about the mind and it's potential,music culture,the true ability of our ancient ancestors (of the human kind.lol) any mysterious topics and speculation of all kind.

Am hoping to be able to make a contribution that's meaningful,interesting or at least bring a little humour to the table.

P.s as I mentioned I'm a 40 y/o bloke that does participate in the 'real' world mostly so I'm not as fully imbued with the finery of internet ettiquette so if I don't always get it right then gi the old man the benefit of the doubt once in a while,

Bob !!!

edit on 6/10/2012 by Sauron because: fix tittle

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hello and welcome back!

A lot of things go over my head, I read them anyway, smile and nod!

And who gets everything right anyway!?

I was going to ask about kilts and if you were tight with money but I guess I won't now

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

Welcome to the light Bob!

About your etiquette: Many people here could surely learn from you.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Welcome Bob !!!

Glad to have you out in the open

Scottish is a GOOD thing,lol. Always wanted to go there , maybe some day.
Looking forward to your contributions.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Welcome to the light Bob. Our fearless leader, SkepticOverlord, sometimes runs around as Gimli, so we are used to the whole 'men in skirts deal'
Right now he is favoring a robe and bowling
. You come from a proud and great land! Now you have found another one.

edit on 6-10-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Thanks everyone,

for the friendly welcome.I'm going to approach my first thread with some degree of thought.I've not fully decided on the subject,got a few in mind.

My first thread has to be of a high enough standard to be stand in this site,which is of standard higher than the most other sites.

Aye think I've seen a couple of gimlis stomping through the heather battleaxe in hand,many an orc too ;-)

And I am lucky living so near to Loch Ness,it's dramatic and the whole area has a dark,mysterious feel.

Dont forget Aleister Crowley's house built on the ruins of a tragic church fire that Jimmy Page owned also.If nothing else it has an interesting atmosphere !

Have to stop rambling on,bad habit !!!

Bob.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Welcome!!

Carol Anne... walk into the light!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Hey Scotsbro, your kilt ever get to tight to play the bagpipes?

Just playing welcome to the board. I'm new here too.

I'm a boring American. I apologize in advance.

edit on 7-10-2012 by On7a7higher7plane because: correction

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

By the way what do you think of Ireland? I'm considering visiting. Any cool places in Scotland I should aim to check out?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Welcome. Touch my nachos and we have a problem.
Capice?!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
thanks all,and consider your nachos safe

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
(Johnny unfolds out the Belated Birthday Banner, cues music to be played for the 25 Cent Tour)

Welcome fastbob72

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on the ride with you. So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

edit on 10/11/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Text

TextTextHi thanks for the birthday banner

On7a7higher7plane ~ there's so many cool places in Scotland to check out and it depends what you're looking for.

Historically speaking you're choices are limitless as you'd never manage to see it all in one visit,,obviously Edinburgh a good place to start but there's countless castles,battlefields,forts down to the little pieces of history in every village and town,

Dark History - Glencoe,Loch Ness,Culloden.

Scenery - Glencoe,Highlands,Isle of Skye.

The Orkney Islands are well worth visiting for the ancient monuments,burial tombs.standing stones,5000 year old stone village at Skara Brae or the huge amount of modern history.i.e the German Grand Fleet at Scapa Flow for divers.

As for Ireland I've never been there but I can imagine that there's just as much to see just like Scotland.

top topics

join