It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Underrated Sci-Fi TV Show?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I know I'm not naming anything new but:

Firefly - most definitely the most underrated. When I first watched it and the explosions in space didn't make a sound I was like "finally, a science fiction show with some science!"

Joss Wheldon, if you're out there somewhere, 'Serenity' just wasn't enough.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinline
Buck Rodgers

Pheniox

Voyagers

I forgot about Buck Rogers ..... Colonel Wilma Deering was so hot, drool, drool

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
I forgot about Buck Rogers ..... Colonel Wilma Deering was so hot, drool, drool

I'll see your Erin Gray and raise you a Claudia Black.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Remember Quantum Leap

I think some people here weren't even born by the time it ended lol

I used to love that show. I remember watching it as a kid with my mom over 20 years ago. Now I'm going to go have to watch some episodes.
edit on 6-10-2012 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

S+F When i read the title my first thought was Sliders

Firefly, anything Startgate (SG1, Atlantis, Universe), and more recently i was a big fan of The Event. I was sad to see it only last one season.

I dont know if this qualifies since it was only a mini series, but if you haven't seen it i strongly recommend "The Lost Room". This show left me wanting more and is on my top 5.

DC

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jidnum

Originally posted by ker2010
Remember Quantum Leap

I think some people here weren't even born by the time it ended lol

I used to love that show. I remember watching it as a kid with my mom over 20 years ago. Now I'm going to go have to watch some episodes.
edit on 6-10-2012 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

I actually proposed to my ex while watching this show. It was one we both liked. I don't think QL was underrated.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

I can't really say another besides Sliders! They are all on Netflix by the way! That was truly an amazing show and I recently watched them from beginning to end again. I don't mean like over a period of time either! Straight through! Great pick!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
People, people.....I can't believe no-one has mentioned these bad boys !

Flash Forward, come on, cancelled after the first run ?! Booo, bring it back !

Really hoping Terra Nova is coming back, I want to know where the piece of 18th century ship came from !

If my wish list cannot be fulfilled, then for crying out loud, at least let Revolution have more than a one season run.

Oh, and finally, SG1, I predict one day they will bring that sucker back, and I will be waiting to give it that special love.

Really grates on me when they make great sci-fi programmes, and then they leave you high and dry, screaming for more.

I can't watch rubbish like Eastenders !

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I used to love the show done by the X-Files creator called "Space: Above and Beyond" Really enjoyed it as a kid. Also a recent one from just a couple of years ago "Defying Gravity" I thought it had potential. Though shows aren't given a chance anymore to develope and gets kicked to the curb if they're not an instant hit.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Farscape was a pretty fun show after I got into it, the style was kinda strange but I liked it when I got used to it.

Never seen Firefly, perhaps I should....

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Game_Over

I'm with you on Continuum. I have this bad feeling about the shows future though (no pun intended lol).

I hope it doesn't get cancelled right away as time-travel based shows tend not to do well.

I'm really liking it though!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think I'm the only one here who didn't like The Event.

I just could not get into that show.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Project Bluebook the seris.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Dark Skies - the whole of history was a lie, great piece of SF set in the sixties and should have gone right through to the end of the century.

Sapphire and Steel - a really bizarre British series from the early 80s that would probably never get beyond a pilot these days about a pair of investigators/agents from a different dimension.

The Changes - BBC programme about a hum or noise that seemed to come from all modern technology and caused people to go mad destroying modern machinery and live an almost medieval life.

Invasion- Bit of a slow burner but just as it was getting interesting got cancelled.

I'd also add 7 Days - a sort of Time Tunnel of the 21st century.

Early Edition about a guy who receives tomorrow's newspaper each morning and the brilliant Lost Room. which should have gone well beyond a mini-series.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I like most sci-fi series - they seem to be either cancelled too early or go on far too long.

Never had a chance to watch much of Farscape - if I can't watch something from the first episode I tend to ignore it - and I couldn't get in to Firefly.

One series that seems to be underrated which I really enjoyed as a kid was Blakes Seven - I'd love to see a modern, up to date version.
And it featured Servalan.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_7

edit on 7/10/12 by Freeborn because: fix link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join