It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Underrated Sci-Fi TV Show?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Just a friendly heads-up, Jude. It took me almost a full season to get into that show, but in the end it was worth it as it's great sci-fi.

But who knows, that may not be the case for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
reply to post by jude11

Just a friendly heads-up, Jude. It took me almost a full season to get into that show, but in the end it was worth it as it's great sci-fi.

But who knows, that may not be the case for you.

So far I see it as a combo of Star Wars and Dr. Who...Maybe a little hitch Hiker in the mix?

Wish there was a little Firefly in the raw tho.

What's not to like?

I'm on it so far.

Peace

edit on 6-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I have to thank everyone here as I never had the chance to watch Farscape. Just downloaded the 1st 2 episodes and now I have the pleasure of 4 more seasons!

Peace

When they canned it after 4 seasons there was a huge movement that got together and funded a finale to the series called The Peacekeeper Wars. Make sure you download and watch that after your done watching the series - same actors and everything, just fan funded.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven83
Hello people, so I was watching something and Jerry O'connel was the guest star. This got me to thinking about Sliders; man how I loved that show. Take Roddenbury ad some Lucas, shake and give to a twelve year old; that's Sliders. To me this is the most underrated sci-fi show ever.

I also would have to give a vote to The 4400. I think they just tried to hard and the writing is what killed it.

So what do you all think, what is the most underrated sci-fi show ever?

Here is a link to a top 10 list (NO SLIDERS!
) Top 10 Underrated Sci-Fi Shows
edit on 6-10-2012 by coven83 because: (no reason given)

Charlie Jade,

defo under rated..

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Makes me sad too. Was hoping for season 3.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Ummm.....Stargate universe.........hands down.
YouSir

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I loved 4400 too. I think Heroes was a rip-off of it. I wish they would have at least done an extra couple of episodes to wrap it up. As for The Event, maybe the gubment didn't like it so much. It was getting good reviews from what I heard, but just suddenly vanished.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Remember Quantum Leap

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Farscape for sure. Great show. And the link is wrong. Lexx, another that was under rated but it did not influence Farscape. They were made about the same time. FS in OZ and Lexx in Germany and Canada.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The Sci Fi channel remake of Flash Gorden was pretty decent too, surprised nobody has mentioned that yet.I also throw in a vote for SGU they should at least tie up the loose ends.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by AeonStorm
Stargate Universe

I never got to watch the whole series when it aired, so I'm watching it now on Netflix. The show is so good that I can't stop watching it. I just sit and watch episode after episode. The drama and suspense is so high, and they leave a cliff-hanger after almost every single episode, that you just want to watch more and more.

They wrote the show in a way to pull you in and keep you in. So much so that when a Lucian Alliance member killed another member because she went to Earth to give them information, I wanted to break something because two people were lost. You feel the pain the others are feeling. I keep yelling at my TV to Sgt. Greer to "go get that mutha f....". And I'm in love with Tamara.

And I'm done rambling......

edit on 6-10-2012 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

Too bad they did a horrible job with character development. Farscape was superior to stargate universe in all ways.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
I loved 4400 too. I think Heroes was a rip-off of it. I wish they would have at least done an extra couple of episodes to wrap it up. As for The Event, maybe the gubment didn't like it so much. It was getting good reviews from what I heard, but just suddenly vanished.

I have to agree about the 4400. I could not get through more than a couple of season of heroes.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

In no particular order.

The Event
Surface
Terminator SC Chronicles
Heroes (until the butchered the story line)
Fringe

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

The show I loved was LEXX.
Strange,Sexy, and Exciting......The Insect ships rule

Also worth mentioning was Earth Final Conflict...I have an awsome embriodered black jacket from the show.
The design on the back is huge..

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Caprica, and

the newer show V.

I wiling to give Revolution a chance ive only seen the pilot

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
CONTINUUM!

If you live in the UK watch it now on SyFy UK.

In Canada we have already been blessed with the first ten episodes.

I believe it will be broadcast in the US on SyFy in early 2013.

Great show with great writing. You guys will love it.

It has many actors from other familiar sci-fi shows and great storylines.

en.wikipedia.org...

If it isn't a top ten show yet, I believe it has potential.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Without a doubt :

Caprica which is the prequel of Battlestar Galactica . ( How the Cylons came to existence and how they destroyed humanity )

Unfotunately only one season was made. If you haven't watched it, do it !

Other than that I love SG-1 and Star-Trek

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I hate to be picky, but was Stargate, or in fact most of the shows mentioned here under rated?

Is it under rated with regard to sci fi fans? Anyway, I probably am being picky lol.

Sarah Connor cronicles was getting extremely good by the end of season 2, brilliant... and then it was cancelled.

Space above and beyond was and still is extremely good. Interesting writing, good action, enjoyable characters, and should have gone way beyond 1 season... but what a great season.

Babylon 5. I used to watch this when I was younger, but I missed episodes. So I watched the whole thing from beginning to end over the course of a week or two (while I was working). Brilliant and fully formed.

The Tripods! A BBC show based on the books. It was for kids, but it is great fun. Series 2 becomes more interesting though (I won't spoil it!). Sadly, the BBC cancelled before they finished all 3 books, so left it on a cliff hanger at the end of series 2. Still, they are meant to be making it into a series of films so fingers crossed on that!

Although not really a TV series or a TV program... but I'd also highly recommend the cartoon of Aeon Flux. Some great concepts in that.

That's all I've got without repeating everyone else!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My take :

Earth, Final Conflict
Torchwood
Lexx
Seaquest DSV
Tekwar
Max Headroom
Futurama

and of course, Space 1999 and
The Thunderbirds
UFO

Oh, I'm sure there are many others, but these are the ones that popped first into my mind

edit on 6/10/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Buck Rodgers

Pheniox

Voyagers

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join