It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Underrated Sci-Fi TV Show?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hello people, so I was watching something and Jerry O'connel was the guest star. This got me to thinking about Sliders; man how I loved that show. Take Roddenbury ad some Lucas, shake and give to a twelve year old; that's Sliders. To me this is the most underrated sci-fi show ever.

I also would have to give a vote to The 4400. I think they just tried to hard and the writing is what killed it.

So what do you all think, what is the most underrated sci-fi show ever?

Here is a link to a top 10 list (NO SLIDERS!
) Top 10 Underrated Sci-Fi Shows
edit on 6-10-2012 by coven83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Farscape.

Firefly.

those are my two.

ETA

Mann and machine was cool, from that list.
edit on 6-10-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I see "Earth 2" is on the list. One of my favs. I would add "Seaquest DSV" to the list, as well as "Space: Above and Beyond". Not to mention "Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles". Obviously "The 4400" and "Sliders". And most recently, "Stargate; Universe".

So many great shows, all cancelled before their times.

** Edit to add "Dark Angel". Jessica Alba still looks as beautiful today as she did back then.

edit on 6-10-2012 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Firefly was good.

I was honestly one of the Farscape haters, lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Ok if were gonna get into Stargate then Atlantis has to be above Universe.

It lasted longer, but only the true sci-fi fans kept it going. Everyone else hated it. Great series

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I love Sci-fi. The 4400 was an Awesome show and I wish it would have went further and depicted the war. Farscape took a little for me to get into but after I got used to the puppets it was great and as for Firefly... nothing (in my mind) except for perhaps the new Battlestar Galactica beats Firefly

I'll weigh in here...

Dollhouse
Jericho
Stargate Universe

Man networks sure like to keep the more intelligent shows of the air.

S&F for a light topic thread about something I love lol
edit on 6-10-2012 by AeonStorm because: snf

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Stargate (SG1, Atlantis AND Universe)
Firefly
Outcasts (BBC Series that was canned after 1 season)
Farscape
Earth 2
Red Dwarf (Sci-Fi comedy)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head....but I will emphasize Firefly again - it is simply the best TV Sci-FI series ever made in my opinion (and that is saying something because I am a huge Stargate fan).

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
Stargate Universe

I never got to watch the whole series when it aired, so I'm watching it now on Netflix. The show is so good that I can't stop watching it. I just sit and watch episode after episode. The drama and suspense is so high, and they leave a cliff-hanger after almost every single episode, that you just want to watch more and more.

They wrote the show in a way to pull you in and keep you in. So much so that when a Lucian Alliance member killed another member because she went to Earth to give them information, I wanted to break something because two people were lost. You feel the pain the others are feeling. I keep yelling at my TV to Sgt. Greer to "go get that mutha f....". And I'm in love with Tamara.

And I'm done rambling......

edit on 6-10-2012 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Dollhouse was worse that Dark Angel...and thats saying something.

Jericho was good.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
All good replies so far for sure, and good thread OP. I have to say, without a doubt, Firefly. That show was never given a chance by Fox, and it was such a good show. Character driven, great story, cool twist on the space theme, just an overall cool show.

I almost think they could air it today, in the right time slot, and people might like it. Don't you think so?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Its that dorky emotion I love about these shows. Just wait untill you get a little deeper, it gets better.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

lol I love the enthusiasm! I really thought that SG Universe had the potential to be one of the greatest scifi series ever. The way the show was heading when it was cancelled was just freaking awesome. At least we get to watch the episodes that are out there
but there was SO much more potential.

I guess I'm a sucker for arcing space operas
A lot of people don't seem to like that format and prefer the "new story each episode with same platform" type series.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by coven83

I didn't think much of Dollhouse at first, but as things picked up and the real story began to develop I changed my mind. Although some of the the side stories of the engagements were kind of redundant they did play a role with echo developing her own sense of self. I guess a better format would have been a movie.

Dark Angel was horrible, I agree with you on that one .... I had to stop watching it.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Shows that deserved to have a final episode or two to wrap things up.

Jericho
The Event
The 4400
No Ordinary Family (Campy, but a fun watch)
And yes SGU

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Red Dwarf!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Caprica

Loved that show.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Babylon 5

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
...V...

(the new one)

So angry when cancelled.

Peace

edit on 6-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I have to thank everyone here as I never had the chance to watch Farscape. Just downloaded the 1st 2 episodes and now I have the pleasure of 4 more seasons!

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Grimm !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join