It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having A Pushover President Has Now Become Extremely Dangerous.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

It's funny how acting the exact opposite of this is why America is one of the most hated countries in the world. Maybe Obama is actually making America a more "friendly" looking place to outsiders by appearing less "aggressive" than the usual America, therefore making the rest of the world less of a threat.

Just theorising here.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

A big part is Obamacare will not fix the COST of healthcare in America, and that is the issue. I just don't see the need to effect ALL Americans to help 15%. Why not just help the 15%? And the way they did it...really?

Because there is no magic gold machine to create wealth out of thin air. I am not sure why you hate the idea of spending less on healthcare but it just seems really stupid to demand you pay more for things other countries do just fine.

Your posts are nothing but opinions. I could care less about that crap but I am interested in facts. You get some facts behind those opinions and I am more than happy to explore your opinions about them. Opinions about things you pull out of your ass mean nothing to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Worse debate by an incumbent president in US history? Try Bush II in 2004. Yes, Al Gore has his ridiculous oxygen deprivation theory, but who else is claiming that or criticizing the debate commission for not letting Obama use a teleprompter? Think that is pure right-wing made-up hogwash. But, hey, if some Obama supporters are saying this, by all means cite the source. Otherwise stop making unsubstantiated claims.

But I understand how the likes of you will grasp at anything that might help your losing candidate, Romney.

I'm not an Obama supporter but I am a Romney antagonist. Let's not forget Romney just had several months of multiple debates as practice and Obama hasn't had one since 2008. Obama may be busy with government business too -- like focusing on tracking down the US consulate attackers. Romney, on the other hand, admits that he is unemployed, so has all the time in the world to campaign and practice debating. Furthermore, Obama is not a great -- or even a good -- debater. Big whoop, debating isn't a primary skill set for president.

Did Obama have a lackluster performance at the debate. Yes, indeed. Does that matter more than the policy stances of the two candidates to me? No. And there are two more debates. Let's see what happens there. I'd assume Obama will get more on his game in the two upcoming debates, which will matter more as they will be more in people's mind than the first debate. I'm guessing he will also but a lot more time into practicing for these next two debates; he clearly did not do enough for this firs one, but that is not a reason to change my or a lot of people's votes.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Hefficide

Do you think Putin, or Netanyahu respect Obama?

I don't.

Caught on open mike, Obama tells Medvedev he needs ‘space’ on missile defense.

Seemed to be he was bowing to the almighty Putin thu his "puppet president" Medvedev, sometime later Putin changed plans at the last minute to meet Pres. Obama at the White House and left him there waiting.

“On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved, but it’s important for him to give me space,” Obama can be heard telling Medvedev, apparently referring to incoming Russian president — and outgoing prime minister — Vladi­mir Putin.

“Yeah, I understand,” Medvedev replies, according to an account relayed by an ABC News producer, who said she viewed a recording of the discussion made by a Russian camera crew. “I understand your message about space. Space for you . . .”

“This is my last election,” Obama interjects. “After my election, I have more flexibility.”

May God Almighty let his fury be seen and heard. Little do they realize there are billions of good people that still conduct themselves with valor, dignity, integrity and most of all, love for one another. I just pray this display of weakness is not something that caught us all off-guard. Perhaps acting on intel from political advisors, he purposely promoted himself as a less aggressor to win apathy and votes from the other "47%" -- I may add most of those are the ones looking for the "do as I say and your family will eat tonite" or "tell me which of your neighbors don't agree with me and I'll make sure you get that double-whopper ith ice cream for your kids tonite!"

By the way, I don't like either one. Not that it really matters as TPTB will tell the electoral college who fits their agenda more suitably to deliver their message in the next four years.
edit on 7-10-2012 by dpegasus because: Add comment

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

And newsglash Bush was not the worst the guy who is presiding over a 16 trillion dollar debt is.

You know that guy who spent more in 4 years that Bush did in 8

I've got a news flash for you.

Obama's deficits equal more than all the deficits incurred together from George Washington to George W. Bush.

IOW, he spent more in 4 years than 43 other Presidents since the beginning of our nation....combined.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

It's funny how acting the exact opposite of this is why America is one of the most hated countries in the world. Maybe Obama is actually making America a more "friendly" looking place to outsiders by appearing less "aggressive" than the usual America, therefore making the rest of the world less of a threat.

Just theorising here.

Don't quit your day job.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I agree Alxandro. Not only because of the debate, but because Obama is NOT an American. He is a lousy president, a very poor leader, and he has done his best to drive this country into the ground. Thanks for your post!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

While I agree our military is by far superior to any other out there they are only used at a capacity as capable as its leader. This being the weak link in the chain our efforts in Afghanistan are being thwarted by in important leadership, a relentless and virtually unidentifiable enemy not to mention our consulates around the globe. The same thing happened to the former USSR. It all comes down to strong determined leadership. Right now the united states has none.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If we're talking about "pushover" Presidents that get us into trouble I seem to recall some other incident from a real pushover President that happened a little over 11 years ago.

The only reason any conservative is calling for Obama's head over the Libya incident is because he's a Democrat in office.

Ronald Reagan allowed 241 brave U.S. soldiers to die in a terrorist truck bomb attack Lebanon in 1983 after he had sent them in there as "peacekeepers" the year before. What did Reagan do to avenge the troops? He tucked tail and sent the rest of the troops home.

I'm no fan of Obama. I never voted for the man. However the alternate reality conservatives have created for themselves over the last four years needs to be addressed from time to time.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro Now that Debate #1 is on the books, it should now be apparent that Obama has got to go!
Hear me out.

I knew from the start that without a teleprompter he is a stuttering idiot.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

And thank God that we've got the worlds strongest military, a three tier government with checks and balances, and a country full of proud gun owners to stave off the invasion that whoever is planning predicated upon the debate.

~Phew~ almost had me worried for a minute.

~Heff

This...set my mind at ease. I was digging my bunker. Seriously, . . .is North Korea, or Newguy Al Immabombya watching the debates thinking, "you know, we haven't had a successful attack on US homeland since 2001, and this guy told Pakinstan to go bleep themselves and sent in an assassination team to take out bin Laden and Co., but man did he get owned in that debate vs. Romney! Let's go on a suicide mission with a 0.001% chance of success and maybe we'll take out a couple dozen civilians...bringing the US to their knees!!! Muhuahahah!...

Well, if they're stupid enough to think that, then they're "Top Dumb Not To Fail"

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atom12

I agree Alxandro. Not only because of the debate, but because Obama is NOT an American. He is a lousy president, a very poor leader, and he has done his best to drive this country into the ground. Thanks for your post!

If he's been trying to run the country into the ground, he's done a terrible job. From the brink of economic collapse to S L O W L Y making gains in just a few years is a heck of an accomplishment (though I think a better administration could have gone further, faster.) from debt-to-GDP rate skyrocketing during his predecessor's admin and through the start of his to leveling off in his 4th year, to being the first administration this millenium to not allow an attack on American soil, all while strengthening the dollar versus other currencies...can you please explain what's gotten worse from the trajectory we were facing in 2008 until now?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andcoulter
I would really rather talk to people that can understand what is being asked and answer them.

Ask your questions... but you are kind of rude... I was just saying we are spinning off topic as to the
OP...

Start a post and I'll glady join in.

edit on 7-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

(though I think a better administration could have gone further, faster.)

I think it is the massive cost for so little gains. That massive cost has basically doubled most of our cost of living and so when a pay check was good in 2009 it is no longer enough. It is said that Bush left him with a trillion dollar bill, but that is only 15 to 20% of Obama's total in just four years.

I expect greatness from our Administration not meagerness in that just about anyone with the same wad of money could have done just as good and most likely much better.

edit on 7-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We are exiting the age of unilateral world power and hegemony. Fighting this shift based on a lingering attitude of absolute American exceptionalism may prove to be dangerous.

Yet to enter more like. Where do people come up with this tripe?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We are exiting the age of unilateral world power and hegemony. Fighting this shift based on a lingering attitude of absolute American exceptionalism may prove to be dangerous.

Yet to enter more like. Where do people come up with this tripe?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

But this should not be a joking matter because effectively, HE LET HIS GUARD DOWN AND THE ENTIRE WORLD WAS WATCHING.

This is getting rather stupid. What on earth makes anyone think a random US presidential debate would a globally watched televised event?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

I completely agree - and do not currently trust the system, personally, to engage in effective tort reform legislation. But in the area of medicine it is sorely needed. In some circles of the lower middle classed/poor community suing doctors is a cottage industry. An easy way to make a quick "fortune" ( in their eyes ) without much risk. It's as easy as saying that you have been in agonizing pain since some minor procedure, or had some side effect from a medication.

I grew up in a very, very low income neighborhood and have seen it too many times. It's easy money. Insurance companies typically settle without much fight and there is no shortage of sleazy lawyers willing to make nothing into the case of the century - at least on paper. Oh, and to be fair? In this area at least, there are some doctors who are well known frauds, milking this system as well. Want an MRI read in such a way as to guarantee a lawsuit victory or a lifetime of pain pill? Folks know where to go... which lawyers to call and which doctors to use.

The system needs reform in a MAJOR way.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Worse debate by an incumbent president in US history? Try Bush II in 2004. Yes, Al Gore has his ridiculous oxygen deprivation theory, but who else is claiming that or criticizing the debate commission for not letting Obama use a teleprompter? Think that is pure right-wing made-up hogwash. But, hey, if some Obama supporters are saying this, by all means cite the source. Otherwise stop making unsubstantiated claims.

No claims need to be made because it's true.

www.google.com...

Here's another excuse that hasn't come up yet, Obama lost because of Affirmative Action.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Bush admin increased our presence there more than Obama.

Didn't see anyone killing our Ambassadors while Bush was in office...lol I wonder why?

911 was a build up from the Clinton years and Bush (with all his faults) let the world know what happens when someone messes with us...I don't think the world feels the same with Obama and calculated risks start to emerge in the minds of terrorest and other nations once again.

Exactly. The world views the USA through the sights and sounds of its Presidency.

He just does not have the killer instinct needed to keep your country safe, like say a Bush did.

I really hope I am wrong, but I see more brazen situations leveled against you country and your peoples if Barry is re-elected.

Get him out while the going is good me thinks.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join