It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having A Pushover President Has Now Become Extremely Dangerous.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

In addressing this quote from your previous post:

There is good reason why we should let each state determine what is best for them by keeping these programs at the state level.

My citing of the Equal Protection Clause is directly applicable.

Regarding what form of Government we have, we both know the answer is a Representative Republic. The difference in our interpretations is that you feel we are headed towards totalitarianism, or a government that seeks to control all life, public and private.

My position is that we are in less danger of that than of a plutocratic oligarchy.

~Heff
edit on 10/6/12 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i don't often comment on the Pres these days because i have come to the realization that i nor anyone else in this forum knows exactly what is going on in this white house, nor any other for that matter. we can hear them speak, we can read the news, we can see the problems around us, but we have no idea what goes on in that circle.

we have no idea at all. you and i and no one in our circles have ever known a president on a personal level so all we see is speculation and propaganda and then we argue about what we think is truth. i suppose the saddest part of this realization is knowing and understanding just how distanced we the people have become from our elected officials. we think we know why the Pres does this or that but really we couldn't be any more ignorant of what goes on behind closed doors then we are today.

the statement he made is true and we know he made it, but who told him to say it, or who told him what to do about anything in the past 4 years. one thing is for certain my fellow citizens is that our govt. does not make the decisions for us any longer and i believe that's our greatest tragedy my friends.

the power is no longer, nor has it been for many generations, in our governments hands. it is very much in the hands of the wealthiest of the world. some of our elected officials have been bought in various ways, or threatened to do the bidding of the elite. we can argue all day about individual officials but in the end it matters not because all they can show us is a mask, an act because they dare not speak against the elite.

just ask the late great JFK what happens when you go against their will.

i have to give old obammer credit for staying out of the zionist war mongering team and yet another war. when i heard the "story".
that obama didn't have time to see nutanyahu, i must admit i loled for quite some time.

again though the "story" was he didn't have time but the real reason will go unknown to us mere mortals.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
i don't often comment on the Pres these days because i have come to the realization that i nor anyone else in this forum knows exactly what is going on in this white house, nor any other for that matter. we can hear them speak, we can read the news, we can see the problems around us, but we have no idea what goes on in that circle.

we have no idea at all. you and i and no one in our circles have ever known a president on a personal level so all we see is speculation and propaganda and then we argue about what we think is truth. i suppose the saddest part of this realization is knowing and understanding just how distanced we the people have become from our elected officials. we think we know why the Pres does this or that but really we couldn't be any more ignorant of what goes on behind closed doors then we are today.

the statement he made is true and we know he made it, but who told him to say it, or who told him what to do about anything in the past 4 years. one thing is for certain my fellow citizens is that our govt. does not make the decisions for us any longer and i believe that's our greatest tragedy my friends.

the power is no longer, nor has it been for many generations, in our governments hands. it is very much in the hands of the wealthiest of the world. some of our elected officials have been bought in various ways, or threatened to do the bidding of the elite. we can argue all day about individual officials but in the end it matters not because all they can show us is a mask, an act because they dare not speak against the elite.

just ask the late great JFK what happens when you go against their will.

i have to give old obammer credit for staying out of the zionist war mongering team and yet another war. when i heard the "story".
that obama didn't have time to see nutanyahu, i must admit i loled for quite some time.

again though the "story" was he didn't have time but the real reason will go unknown to us mere mortals.

I agree with your post!!!

JFK was the last "real" President or maybe the only President who truly cared about the people.

I too was glad Obama didn't make time for nutjobyahoo.

edit on 6-10-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What you "rootin' tootin' cowboys call a push-over President, we call a smart President who - instead of running in, guns blazing- chooses to make smart and steady moves.
Bush ran into two wars hotheaded and accomplished nothing save for handing us our current economic crisis. Obama accomplished 10x's more by being level headed and playing the cards right and that FACT just burns you up.
People called him a push over with Israel over Iran. Have you looked at Iran lately? It's #ing imploding....and we didn't have to sacrifice blood and treasure. This President is brilliant.
While there are handful of his policies I absolutely do NOT agree with - I will vote for him again in November.
edit on 6-10-2012 by MrPlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Well said dude, JFK was the only one to turn down the Global Mafia, to bad the people stuck to his physical appearance and his name, not what his goal was.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

If he is such a great leader, why does he have his supporters fight his battles for him?

That's the biggest problem right there.
People assume, and the MSM tell us he is a great leader and certain people accept this as fact.
These same people assumed Romney was robotic and dry, yet on Wednesday night, both Romney and Obama both proved them otherwise.
Now they are all making excuses because the truth is a hard pill to swallow.

Yes he took credit for killing Osama, but that was only after Valerie Jarret finally gave him the ok to do so.
Hey, the third time was the indeed the charm, so yes, he is a pushover president.

Maybe you were watching a different debate?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have to agree with the OP on this, Obama's actions and words empower our enemies. The embassy attacks seem to be more about the killing of Osama than a video. What was it they were saying ? "We are all Osama"? The idea that you can be liked by your enemies is pathetic and naive. If they liked you you wouldn't be enemies now would they?

any foreign leader is considering military action based upon last nights debate, I'll just say "Ummm USMC dude. You might want to rethink "plan A"." Or just say "Seal team 6"... that will make an entire nation wave and smile too.
Well Heff except for maybe Russia who has guys that would eat up Seal team 6 with little effort you are partially correct. All the high tech toys the US brings to war is no substitute for highly trained people. The drones are not as a effective weapon as people like to think. The typical person sees them as not endangering our troops. I seem them as a war crime waiting to happen.War isn't a video game and Obama's reliance on drones to get things done I see having a very bad repercussions in the near future.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I'm sure many will refuse to see it, but we are beginning to see a dangerous pattern here. Ex. Obama is light on security, he failed to protect our military in Benghazi just as he was ill prepared for the Romney assault

He has done this to change the balance in next election.

People won't choose a hopeless , unsuccessful , lame president and he knows it.

The question is why is he doing this ?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Calling him a laughing stock is more than a little extreme.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't care who you like or don't like...Anyone who would vote for a president based on what they say at a debate is a moron, plain and simple. If one doesn't know that candidates will say ANYTHING to get elected, changing their "beliefs" as they see fit, then that person should not be allowed to vote, because they are the ones who get us in these messes. You can say those who voted for Obama fit this profile, but anyone who would vote for Romney does as well.

I never liked Obama, but looking back at past voting history between he and Romney, I can see how someone would choose Obama in a heartbeat. I don't care if Obama wins the election, I just don't want Romney to win. It will be a catastrophe. And claiming Obama is a pushover president is just moronic and misinformed. Just because a president doesn't do what most republicans are used to, which is starting new conflicts and killing people, all the while lacking any form of compassion for anyone, doesn't mean he is a pushover.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

My position is that we are in less danger of that than of a plutocratic oligarchy.

Hehe, you say Potato and I sat Potato since both are Tyranny anyway you look at it. I do see a good way to achieve totalitarian rule is to have absolute control over healthcare for EVERYONE and to create a welfare state of dependencies.

This seems to be the direction we are heading with Obama....

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

not sure what your talking about..

the President spoke just fine during the debate..

spoke to the American people..

and made his points extremely well..

the only people saying he lost..

are the idiots who do not know

what he is talking about in the first place..

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Source

Maybe you've got a point... After all, everyone knows how bad Canada, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg are in regards to the oppression of their peoples.

And to think, American exceptionalism used to mean we were the first ones to be bold. Now it appears we're the only industrialized nation on Earth not bold enough....

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I refuse to vote for Obomney. I watched GARY JOHNSON's Commentary during the debates. I refuse to vote for corporate and banking whores. Vote Gary Johnson one time and destroy the two party duopoly!
edit on 6-10-2012 by mac420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Maybe you've got a point... After all, everyone knows how bad Canada, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg are in regards to the oppression of their peoples.

And to think, American exceptionalism used to mean we were the first ones to be bold. Now it appears we're the only industrialized nation on Earth not bold enough....

~Heff

Well I guess crappy healthcare is better than nothing.....ask some of your Canadian friends. Also countries like Sweden that run 50% fed taxes and 25% sales tax is not really what I want to see here either.

I also see how socialized systems work for smaller groups and as the group grows it become more and more unmanageable. We have cities bigger than many of these countries you suggest are doing it right.

In the end two different agendas going on here as to why Obama would want universal healthcare too compared to other systems.

edit on 6-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Well I guess crappy healthcare is better than nothing.....ask some of your Canadian friends.

I asked all my Canadian friends and none of them want to ever be stuck in the US as a US citizen with health issues. They know they can be taken care of in Canada and for some reason like being able to be taken care of.
What would you think they might say? How many have you asked?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

~Heff

Well I guess crappy healthcare is better than nothing.....ask some of your Canadian friends. Also countries like Sweden that run 50% fed taxes and 25% sales tax is not really what I want to see here either.

I also see how socialized systems work for smaller groups and as the group grows it become more and more unmanageable. We have cities bigger than many of these countries you suggest are doing it right.

In the end two different agendas going on here as to why Obama would want universal healthcare too compared to other systems.

edit on 6-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

Can I ask, since you are seemingly out of the system, how much do you pay a month for health care insurance. Is there a premium cover, as in like gold and silver or all just basic?
How much do you pay for the much needed drugs themselves..if needed?
"We have cities bigger than many of these countries you suggest are doing it right." that old, but reworked Americanism has still not died out yet then? although you used it in the wrong way here. The more the people, the more cheaper it should become in relative terms. Crappy healthcare is not a general application, it usually means someone is not doing their job, and/or not using the technology and resources properly.
edit on 6-10-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Now take a look at what the rest of the world is saying about Obama now.

Err... no there not! That really is not a representation of world views... really!! Honest, trust me on this!!

What i think is how much of a joke the American political system is... and how much of a joke the people who buy into this show are.

American politics, from an outsiders view, seems to be more about entertainment. Almost with a cheap game show feel to it...

I mean really, seriously, this is not a political debate so much as a popularity contest. Real issues are not discussed, well, not with any seriousness anyway... just two guys pandering to their polarised audiences. No real substance to American politics and complete lies spewed freely and without shame... and sadly this style of “politics” is spreading throughout the world. Real issues, sensible debates, solid and genuine policies... all forgotten in favour of self indulgent pageantry and simplified moronic views so that the dumb entrenched masses can shout “hell yeah” at their TV’s.

Sadly, I can see American politics adopting an “American idol” type formula one day... with the rest of the world soon to follow...

I can just see Ryan Seacrust introducing America’s wannabe presidents on a live show where voters phone in...

“Hi, my names Hank and I like to hunt Mexicans and believe that volcano’s cause more co2 than the whole of mankind ever. I want to be American president 2024”

Queue woops and cheers from the audience!

I would say that most people with intelligence, American and non American, simply shake their heads slowly in disbelief at the whole charade. What is most worrying is that this show decides who controls the world’s largest military and biggest nuclear stockpile!! Heaven help us!!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

The video, ahem, cartoon, you seem to view in the same vein as me, I've no idea why the OP used it as Obama bashing, when it is clearly not.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Look up operation Olympic Games the current fearless leader has already attack Iran.

Obama makes Bush look like an amateur.

Is that not the ongoing programme out of the Bush administration, drones and cyber warfare, and probably now't to do with Bush in the first place, but more to do with military powerlords who have permanent ant infested/invested underpants. Man you're some kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join