It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having A Pushover President Has Now Become Extremely Dangerous.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Six trillion wasted by the spending approved by a bipartisan and bicameral legislature and not by a POTUS? Sure!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Romney might just push for MORE Drones..........

Dont get me started...........

link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Six trillion wasted by the spending approved by a bipartisan and bicameral legislature and not by a POTUS? Sure!

~Heff

Well can we agree 2 trillion while he owned congress for two years too...

link   

Would not pay attention to what they said what they do, Obama campagined as the anti war guy,the anti detention guy etc.

Words are hollow pay attention to what they do not what you think they might do.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I wasn't aware he ever owned congress. I thought that was the lobbyists.

At any rate it was still a bipartisan and bicameral apparatus. No?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Dear Hefficide,

Hey! Fearless Leader! What's wrong with me? You're not supposed to agree with everything I say. I'd better check in with my therapist.and see what's wrong.

Let's see how you like it. I agree with everything you say. So there. And if you're still standing after that blow, I'll tell you that I've changed my thinking.

The point your emphasizing is single performance, and that's key. I didn't give it the proper weight. Every government in the world noticed his performance but no one is going to change plans or policies because of it.

Besides, if Obama does this in three straight debates, it won't matter what the world thinks of him, because he'll be voted out of office and they'll have to deal with Romney. But if after three debates, neither has a real edge, then I would suspect the world will continue on as before. (Not that I like that.) In that case the world will be looking at the President's actions, not words, and the debates will be relegated to less significance by the governments of the world.

Darn you for being so reasonable.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I would be highly surprised if you can find any such Obama quote guaranteeing the love of the entire world.

There was definitely a perception that America would be viewed more favorably, and following the election they were by a good margin. Favorability has dipped sine 2009, but still remains higher than under Bush.

www.pewglobal.org...

Just reviewed that link, which I hadn't looked at in a few weeks. In the Middle East US favorability does seem to be at a low. Huh, while that's not all Obama's fault, I'll give him some blame. And it doesn't change my opinion that Obama is better to handle the situation in the Middle East than Romney. Romney has said that the Israeli/Palestinian solution will not be solved, I think Obama will attempt to broker a two state solution in a second term.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Romney might just push for MORE Drones..........

Dont get me started...........

I fly drones for a living and we are building them as fast as we can...Romney will use them just as much...

The big difference between Obama and Romney is Romney views America and our constitution as sacred...truly sacred as in Jesus sacred...

Obama on the other hand is nothing but a apologist to the rest of the world..even his wife said some really wild things about America before 2009...

I think I'll go with the guy who truly thinks America is special...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

~Heff

Democratic majorities from 2006-2010 which means the Democrats were in charge of the purse strings for 4 years.

Follow that up by for example 177 Republicans voting agianst the stimulus bill, then all the republicans in the house voted nay to the care act.

observationalism.com...

edit on 6-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Can't argue against Obama not living up to the hype. Still think he's better than Romney in terms of international policy. And there is a chance that he can redeem himself in a second term, and come close to the original hope. I disagree with the view that Obama has been a complete failure, I think the debt increase had a lot to do with the economy and a lot of stimulus/bailout money was bipartisan. I'm willing to say that the debt will go higher under Obama than it would under Romney, but to me Obama is better to handle the global situation which is a bigger threat than the domestic.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Cbo projections put the national debt at over 21 trillion by 2016 no matter who is potus, and people are free to support whoever they so choose.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

~Heff

the Democratic Party increased its majorities in both chambers, giving President Obama a Democrat majority in the legislature for the first two years of his presidency.

How the hell does anyone think Obamacare and a failed 800 billion stimulus package passed...lol

That is the funny part he had it all in the first two years and look what he did with it....

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Which stimulus? This one, signed into law by George W Bush or this one from 2009 and Obama?

Either way, debating those is circular because we can both source and quote economists who will support it and one who will decry it. In fact quite a few flip flop between the two views depending upon which Sunday morning panel they're invited to.

IMO addressing why we ended up in the mess, to begin with, is more important a discussion than the triage done to try and stem the bleeding.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Can't argue against Obama not living up to the hype. Still think he's better than Romney in terms of international policy. And there is a chance that he can redeem himself in a second term, and come close to the original hope. I disagree with the view that Obama has been a complete failure, I think the debt increase had a lot to do with the economy and a lot of stimulus/bailout money was bipartisan. I'm willing to say that the debt will go higher under Obama than it would under Romney, but to me Obama is better to handle the global situation which is a bigger threat than the domestic.

You might be right we seem to focus on just a few things...so let's talk about how he was going to make the most transparent Government ever seen...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Which stimulus? This one, signed into law by George W Bush or this one from 2009 and Obama?

That would be under Obama's term, but the commonality between is this point,.

Those people Democratic congressman wrote and passed those "bills' that were signed in to law.

Which is the only point I was trying to make.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

He probably realized when he got there that if the government were transparent then America's collective head would explode.

No head exploding smiley so I guess eye popping will have to do.

But you're right on that, things are nowhere near where 08 Obama supporters had hoped.
edit on 10/6/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

You do realize that Obamacare was predated and inspired by "Romneycare"?

Meh, such is life. We all have our POV's and selective interpretations of things. Although I do have trouble accepting the arguments that either party somehow "cheated" or had unfair advantage. They were, after all, put their by our votes - by a consensus of the voters in their respective districts ( POTUS somewhat excepted do to the Electoral college ). So blaming either party is sort of a straw man for blaming the people in general. At least in my opinion.

I do reiterate one of my common themes.... It is sad that partisanship has become so polarizing that it's now basically a religion. Tragic.

~Heff

ETA: Mea culpa - we are straying off topic ( myself included ) the topic is : Having A Pushover President Has Now Become Extremely Dangerous.
edit on 10/6/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
all you guys saying, americas military are the strongest, untouchable blah, blah...

so the best military in the world entered the middle-east after 911, ready to fight agaist people in caves...

what happened? why did they fail so hard?...

you know the strongest most untouchable army.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by Alxandro

I would be highly surprised if you can find any such Obama quote guaranteeing the love of the entire world.

There was definitely a perception that America would be viewed more favorably, and following the election they were by a good margin. Favorability has dipped sine 2009, but still remains higher than under Bush.

www.pewglobal.org...

Just reviewed that link, which I hadn't looked at in a few weeks. In the Middle East US favorability does seem to be at a low. Huh, while that's not all Obama's fault, I'll give him some blame. And it doesn't change my opinion that Obama is better to handle the situation in the Middle East than Romney. Romney has said that the Israeli/Palestinian solution will not be solved, I think Obama will attempt to broker a two state solution in a second term.

Exact words?
Maybe not, but Obama promised to restore and repair America's image.
In anticipation, they gave him a Nobel Peace Prize, yet he still managed to start Obama's War.
They should rescind his Nobel Peace prize, but they won't.
Under Bush, the world just hated us because they hated Bush.
Under Obama, they still hate us PLUS they are laughing at us too.

Btw, Romney is right, the Israeli/Palestinian conflict will never be solved simply because some people are not capable of understanding the meaining of peace.
These are the people that are watching the push over President very closely.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
all you guys saying, americas military are the strongest, untouchable blah, blah...

so the best military in the world entered the middle-east after 911, ready to fight agaist people in caves...

what happened? why did they fail so hard?...

you know the strongest most untouchable army.

I think you are referring to Obama's War.
What would you expect from that guy that refuses to arm his soldiers, or forces them to fight with one hand tied behind their backs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join