A Test of Vanity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Perhaps you forgot typing this in your opening post?...Although I am being vain in telling you—and I hope you'd be quick to point that out—I will never, for the rest of my life, tell a soul about my selfless acts, in the hopes that they remain pure in my memory and not used as a means to satiate my vanity (Starting now ).

For some reason you just don't seem to understand the point I am trying to get across. This Topic is NOT ABOUT ME....it is about YOUR TOPICS STATEMENT.

This is why I have brought up some of my life's experiences as a way to have you understand that 1...There is NO SUCH THING AS A PURE SELFLESS ACT....SELFLESS denotes there is nothing for you to gain and even an act that saves lives but the act kills you...is also not SELFLESS as you gain by preventing another's death and thereby are able to fulfill a need of your own personal Psychological Make Up.

Also...you did say...I will never, for the rest of my life, tell a soul about my selfless acts, in the hopes they remain pure in my memory and not used as a means to satiate my vanity (Starting now.)
That sure as heck sounds VAIN TO ME! LOL! HERE! PAT ON THE BACK! GOOD JOB! Split Infinity

This coming from a fellow claiming he is rich and saves lives on a daily basis. How rich indeed. No need to give hypocrisy a bad name my good friend. You haven't proven there is no such things as a pure selfless act, as you didn't provide any arguments, except for a fellow jumping on a grenade to certain death without any promise of reward or congratulation. Removing yourself from existence for someone else's existence is selfless. Being dead means you're less of self, no longer self, SELFLESS.

I realized the statement was vain, hence the starting now quip at the end. So your point is? Did I ever say I wasn't vain? Can anyone be not vain?

CONDESCENDING AND VAIN? AND USES CAPS LOCK TO EMPHASIZE? pat on the back good sir. bravo.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join