It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prayer Thread - For All Peoples

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I can appreciate why some people are agnostic, they may feel that if they become atheist they are sacrificing going to heaven, however you have to look past that and realise that there is no heaven so you are not sacrificing anything by becoming atheist.

It can be hard for some people to understand why we are here. Half of the battle is knowing how we are here and through scientific research we have dismissed the theory of creationism and acknowledged the fact of evolution.

Why we are here is a minefield, it may be just so that there is no reason why we are here and certain people won't believe that. I admire animals in the way that I doubt they ever consider why they are here, they are not that arrogant to feel so special like us humans do. Animals simply know they need to survive and just get on with being here.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I don't take medication, but I am involuntarily isolated from my family though.

I don't have a car or a phone because I can't afford either.

I'm trapped at a job that inables me to afford them.

Most of my nightmares are about them getting hurt.

I really hate to be so selfish and ask for prayer for myself, but good lord I worry about them.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor

I don't take medication, but I am involuntarily isolated from my family though.

I don't have a car or a phone because I can't afford either.

I'm trapped at a job that inables me to afford them.

Most of my nightmares are about them getting hurt.

I really hate to be so selfish and ask for prayer for myself, but good lord I worry about them.

It is not selfish. I am sorry that you have to deal with this. I know how difficult it must be for you. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. There are more people than ever suffering financially right now. You are not alone in your struggles.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981

I can appreciate why some people are agnostic, they may feel that if they become atheist they are sacrificing going to heaven, however you have to look past that and realise that there is no heaven so you are not sacrificing anything by becoming atheist.

It can be hard for some people to understand why we are here. Half of the battle is knowing how we are here and through scientific research we have dismissed the theory of creationism and acknowledged the fact of evolution.

Why we are here is a minefield, it may be just so that there is no reason why we are here and certain people won't believe that. I admire animals in the way that I doubt they ever consider why they are here, they are not that arrogant to feel so special like us humans do. Animals simply know they need to survive and just get on with being here.

I'm not an atheist. In my heart of hearts, I believe there is......something.

To break the word agnostic down: a means without, gnosis means knowing. So agnostic means, literally, without knowing, without knowledge. I believe that if god does exist, he is so far out of human understanding that we simply can't fathom him.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm sending Bright Blessings of Hope and Strength to all in this thread. Prayer is just another name for Hope. I hope you all have a better day, today, than yesterday. That is my Prayer.

Des

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I hope your not inferring that hope is another word for prayer as it certainly isn't.

I hope that people who need help on here get it but I'd never pray and if I did it wouldn't make any difference.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I hope your not inferring that hope is another word for prayer as it certainly isn't.

I hope that people who need help on here get it but I'd never pray and if I did it wouldn't make any difference.

I'm not trying to be rude, but why are you posting on this thread? It seems like you are determined to convince everyone that prayer is useless and god nonexistent. Well, no one on this thread is going to be converted by your rhetoric, so maybe your time would be better spent elsewhere? Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Am I not free to post here or is it a place for the delusional only.

Like I have said I have nothing against offering hope to people, it is still goodwill. Prayer can only benefit the person praying, not because god is helping them but because it helps psychologically.

Like studies show, if you a tell a person you are praying for them it is very detrimental to their recovery as they falsely believe god is helping them and they don't fight as hard themselves.
edit on 9-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Bless your heart. I wanna pray on a general level for anyone having to deal with any form of cancer.

I also pray that comedies on T.V. stop making jokes about it. It's just not funny!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I *hope * you would see your negativity is not wanted nor needed in this thread. I *hope* you see you are the only one getting some kind of twisted thrill from your continued posting in this thread. I *hope* whatever has hurt you so bad in life, that you feel the need to chip away at others hope, will be healed through love and compassion.

That is my hope and prayer for today....

Des

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I am not belittling hope, hope is good, it gives people desire to improve.

It is prayer I have a problem with. Your asking somebody who doesn't exist to do something for you. If there was a god you wouldn't need to prayer cos surely he would not allow the world to be as it is.

Nothing majorly bad has ever happened to me. I am just against religion, it is bad for the world and causes more pain than its worth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join