It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
"Time travel has not been invented yet but in 30 years it will be. It was shut down almost as fast as it started but the mob continued to use it underground. In 30 years there is virtually no place to hide a body so they are sent back in time and I do the deed."

This is the premise of the movie Looper, set in 2042 starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt.

Joe(Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is a mob hit man in the year 2042. His marks are sent back in time from the year 2072 until one day the mob, cleaning up loose ends, sends his future self (Bruce Willis) back to be "taken care of".

I found this movie to be well done both in acting and in film. I think some of the shots could have been a little better but if you like "The Most Dangerous Game" type movies and you like Bruce Willis's acting style you will probably enjoy this movie.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Agarta because: Fixed capitalization mistakes.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I hate to admit I am watching this movie because I am not a movie guy and still haven't even seen star wars but this movie is ok.
I am only an hour and twenty minutes in....yes i am watching this as we speak and than saw this thread so I thought i should give my 2 inflated cents.

So far so good.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I thought the special effects were done nicely with almost flawless believability but hey I'm a FX junkie lol

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I didn't even notice the Fx but again...not a big movie guy so i am out of my league on that.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Looks like a good film to watch ill add this to my list

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Loved the movie. One of my favorites of the year so far. Between this and Cabin in the Woods, it's been a nice year for clever, unique movies getting wide releases. I hope the pattern continues.

I was surprised by how funny it was. It's by no means a comedy, but there's a lot of little funny moments. I was also completely blown away by the child actor. That five-year-old kid turns in a performance that's better than most adults I've seen in movies.

Any one who's interested in Looper, please go see it in a theater. Especially if you're a person who regularly complains about unoriginal dreck coming from Hollywood. Even though Looper is more or less an independent movie, the more money it makes the more Hollywood will notice that people like to see something different on screen. And it'll give Rian Johnson more cachet to make more movies.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

I whole heartedly agree, Pierce Gagnon did a heck of a job and because he has also had roles in "The Way Home"(2010), "The Crazies"(2010), and 7 episodes of "One Tree Hill"(all 2012) he is very much an up and coming actor. I look forward to seeing his career develop.

Edit to add: Pierce Gagnon

edit on 6-10-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I was very disappointed in Looper. I could never care about any of the characters because of the poor acting.
The script was corny and never seemed real. It was contrived and the actors always seemed like they were reading the script. It just wasn't believable to me. The overall story could have worked if everyone had put a little more energy into their performance, except for the little kid; he was great.

But the music was fantastic as was the SFX/CGI.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I absolutely loved Looper! It had many twists and a great ending! I didnt see that coming! It was great writing, and great graphics like you said. I loved the little boy and the part he played. Time travel + telekenisis + human nature made a great film in my book.
I encourage every one to go see it!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I really liked this movie. I'll be honest. The opening sequence made me jump in my seat. Caught me off guard completely. I liked how he experienced his possible future, then went through his "intended" future only to alter it anew. Also, I wasn't expecting the rainmaker to be the child. Nice twist, IMO.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just by the by: I don't get out to the movies that much anymore so maybe I'm not up to speed but in my book but the 30 minutes I saw of this film before my wife decided to leave were filled with constant gratuitous and disturbing violence. Definitely not first choice for a date night flick (depending on your date I guess.)

new topics

top topics

join