Huge Obama Overseas Donor Scandal May Break Monday (Oct. 8th.)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

"chicagoistic"??....is that they same as "KKKistic"?...does the phrase ' dial it back' mean anything anymore?....
and the right-wingers talking about secret donations made to democrats is laughable at best in it's hypocracy

It was tongue and cheek... As in our President comes from one of the most politically corrupt states in the Union. I'm not sure how you would get a KKK reference out of it...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by buster2010
So what? Romney received millions in donations from Israel and nothing was said about it. Either press charges on both of them or neither of them.

Well...there you go making sense again. Don't you know that Obama is scarier because he's black?
Race, the final frontier.

I have a feeling that we will never get past it.

Sure we will. We just need the baby boomer's to die off for starters. It won't 100% resolve racism...but it will be a HUGE step forward.

Secondly, assuming modern society continues more or less along the trajectory that it has been on the last 500 years or so race will become largely irrelevant in the future as the races have been inexorably merging together and interbreeding. Sooner or later everyone will be a little golden brown (especially in the melting pot of the US).
I think it will be a long long time.

Even when racism isn't actually present, someone will blame someone for it just to further their agenda.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by jimmyx

"chicagoistic"??....is that they same as "KKKistic"?...does the phrase ' dial it back' mean anything anymore?....
and the right-wingers talking about secret donations made to democrats is laughable at best in it's hypocracy

It was tongue and cheek... As in our President comes from one of the most politically corrupt states in the Union. I'm not sure how you would get a KKK reference out of it...

Just another try at injecting race into the thread.
Just like earlier, there was a try at making the Romney vs. Obama question in this thread a white vs. black issue when it was really a Jew vs Muslim issue, or more precisely, a American citizen vs Muslim Brotherhood non-citizen issue.
edit on 7-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I do see any rational in making overseas donors a scandal, the issue is not the source the issue may be the legislation and how dumb they are in covering it...

From the merry-go-round that goes into funds (external aid and others) to Israel and even to the Noble prize money you people would need to be pretty idiotic to make this a talking point. It is not a question of parties, there is only one party in town and one king, the question is who is hosting this party for the bicephalous king and what they take out of this sham.

One thing is certain it is not the 99%...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yeah right, is that how you think it works? I mean if you'r on here you must know a little about the media, since when do they actually give an unbiased story within the mainstream media?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Update:
Source states that the story could come out as early as tonight (Sunday)

Since last week, the news sphere has been buzzing about the possibility of an Obama campaign foreign donor scandal being the big October surprise of 2012. Since the Washington Examiner first reported the story last week, many are asking how the Obama campaign will handle foreign donation allegations expected to go public Monday in a major magazine and national website story. The Obama campaign has already tried to block the story from publication and although the details of the scandal are still under wraps, we do know taxes and unsecured credit card transactions are about to cause a major headache for the Obama campaign.

Stay tuned.....the story could come as early as Sunday night, rather than Monday morning as originally planned.

Source:
townhall.com...

I'm not sure what the new reference to taxes may be as regards this story.
edit on 7-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

That's if you believe elections are fair in a totalitarian society....people don't even believe they are fair in the US...I would guess they certainly would not be over there.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If it turns out that he got money from known terrorist muslim groups, he can kiss his chances for re election goodbye, especially after the death of Ambassador Stevens.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
If it turns out that he got money from known terrorist muslim groups, he can kiss his chances for re election goodbye, especially after the death of Ambassador Stevens.

Hell, that would probably rally his base in support!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Article aside, timetothink brings up a very interesting point, which gets to the heart of things.
For the sake of discussion, let me ask anyone here the following:

WHY would the Obama re-election campaign intentionally OMIT the universal 3-digit security code feature for credit card transactions on their website...knowing full well that by doing this, they would only ENCOURAGE less secure and less traceable credit card donations to their campaign?

Romney's campaign, on the other hand, INCLUDES this universal 3-digit security code feature for credit card transactions on THEIR website.

It isn't up to the Obama campaign, how the online payment form is set-up. Whatever bank or other financial entity, that they have contracted a merchant account with, decides that. A merchant account is required to accept plastic both on-line and in person...everywhere. And the purveyors of said merchant account are the ones that determine all the details of verification and security, etc.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

It is the card's billing address that verifies the card owner's country of residence...the three digit code is just an additional number associated with the account number, to be used in transactions that aren't 'in person.' They are created with some sort of encryption/algorithm type process, usually, depending on who has issued the card.

There ARE three digit country codes but they are unrelated to these credit card codes.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Or maybe a proposition in an email sent from someone in Nigeria.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Not true, because you can by those cards now that are basically like gift cards, but carry the Visa or MC logo and no address is involved.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
So Michelle Malkin just posted on her site that the story will break in the morning in Newsweek/The Daily Beast, here is her article on previous donor "problems" over the last four years.

michellemalkin.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I'm glad you put that up. Anyone interested in campaign donation fraud should take a look at it. But there is one thing about it that makes me a little sad. Will the press be able to minimize it as much this time as last? Will there be some "surprise" that will let the press focus on something else for this last remaining month.

Malkin links to reports that Obama has paid more in fines, legal fees and refunds than any other President. Will the people learn about it if it happens again?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I don't think the public at large knows about any of this, sad state of affairs.

This is what happens with a corrupt media.

My concern is that this will be pushed under the rug again, because if it was "news" wouldn't it be breaking on a major station etc?

Why Newsweek? Is it so they can spin it in his favor?

I thought maybe they were getting some backbone when they put out the Romney cover, but after perusing their site tonight, it is the same old slanted stuff. Very confusing.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
So Michelle Malkin just posted on her site that the story will break in the morning in Newsweek/The Daily Beast, here is her article on previous donor "problems" over the last four years.

michellemalkin.com...

Crazy stuff there............

The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation’s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

link

Politburo anyone ?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by IAMTAT

I googled the story. Looks like it could be pretty big. I'm concerned if he's been getting donations from the Muslim Brotherhood. I'll have to wait until Monday.

TY for posting.....

Des

edit on 5-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

The Brotherhood isn't on Americas terrorist organization list. So why the concern?

I'm not going to debate my concerns with you. Suffice it to say, I have them.

Des

Why won't you debate it? Are you afraid you'll come across as a racist?

It's next to impossible not to, since it was designed that way on purpose. I'm going to take a big guess and say that it starts with the letter Z. Probably.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Dear timetothink,

This may be the coward's way out, but I think I'll try to put politics out of my head for two days, and come back with a renewed spirit. (And maybe a little prayer for our country.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I wonder what color ours uniforms will be and what will be in our rations...

Get me off this crazy ride...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join