Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Huge Obama Overseas Donor Scandal May Break Monday (Oct. 8th.)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

Are people seriously still trying to sell the 'Obama killed Breitbart' line? The guy had already had one heart attack just a few months before he died. It's hardly suspicious that he happened to have another, this one doing him in.

I'm all for a good conspiracy, but an overweight, middle-aged man with a history of heart trouble, including a prior massive heard attack, dying following a second attack doesn't seem terribly suspicious to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The Devil is in the detail.

We don’t actually know who donated what. While Citizens United does say that no foreign cash is allowed to enter elections, it also allows Super PACs to accept money without disclosing donors through a tricky set of loopholes involving a special tax-exempt non-profit filing status. Romney will have to disclose donations to his actual campaign accepted at the foreign fundraisers, but if foreign nationals gave money to Super PACs being run by people in attendance, we’d have no idea. So while Citizens United forbids foreign money, it can’t enforce accountability on the issue.

And while the focus here is on Romney, we should really be demanding accountability from all candidates. Is it possible foreign cash could have entered the coffers of Obama Super PACs? How would we know? Are we supposed to take it on faith?

If Citizens United is going to forbid foreign cash from Super PACs, it also needs to require full disclosures with no loopholes, so we can see who donated what. Otherwise why bother forbidding it?

no foreign money

I'd reckon for the foreign campaign donations issue alone, both candidates have disqualified themselves already.

But without public demand for complete transparency, we'll never know for sure.

edit on 6-10-2012 by talklikeapirat because: .

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Just a refresher on the laws pertaining to contributions.

If you decide to contribute to a political candidate, you should know that the Federal Campaign Finance Law places legal limits on how much and what you can give. Representatives of the candidate's campaign committee should be aware of these laws and inform you of them. But, just in case...
Individual contribution limits for 2011-2012

The following limits apply to contributions from individuals to candidates for all Federal offices.
•$2,500 per Election to a Federal candidate -- Each primary, runoff, and general election counts as a separate election.
•$30,800 per calendar year to a national party committee -- applies separately to a party's national committee, and House and Senate campaign committee.
•$10,000 per calendar year to state, district & local party committees
•$5,000 per calendar year to state, district & local party committee

Aggregate Total -- $117,000 per two-year election cycle as follows:
•$46,200 per two-year cycle to candidates
•$70,800 per two-year cycle to all national party committees and PACs

NOTE: Married couples are considered to be separate individuals with separate contribution limits.

Can anybody contribute?

Certain individuals, businesses, and associations are prohibited from making contributions to Federal candidates or political committees.
•Foreign nationals -- may not contribute to any candidate or party in any Federal, state, or local election in the United States. Foreign citizens who have permanent US residency status (posses a "green card") are allowed to contribute according to the same laws as American citizens.
•Federal contractors -- individuals or businesses under contract to provide goods or services to the Federal government are prohibited from contributing to candidates or parties in Federal elections.
•Corporations and Labor Unions -- are also prohibited form contributing. This law applies to all incorporated organizations, profit or non-profit. Business owners are not allowed to make contributions from their business accounts. Although corporations and labor organizations may not make contributions or expenditures in connection with federal elections, they may establish PACs.
•Cash -- in any amount over $100 is prohibited.
•Contributions in the name of another person -- are not permitted. Note: Parents may not make contributions in the names of their children. Persons under 18 may contribute, but must do so willingly, under their own names, and with their own money.

What constitutes a "contribution?"

Besides checks and currency, the FEC considers "...anything of value given to influence a Federal election" to be a contribution. Note that this does not include volunteer work. As long as you are not compensated for it, you can perform an unlimited amount of volunteer work.

Donations of food, beverages, office supplies, printing or other services, furniture, etc. are considered "in-kind" contributions, so their value counts against contribution limits.

Important: Questions should be directed to the Federal Election Commission in Washington, DC: 800/424-9530 (toll free) or 202/694-1100.

usgovinfo.about.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Speculation is that Obama had found out just prior to this Wednesday's presidential debate

Another breaking scandal .... (on top of 'Fast and Furious' and 'Benghazi-gate') .... that would put to bed all the 'losing was a strategy' excuses his fans have been making.

Huge Obama Overseas Donor Scandal May Break Monday (Oct. 8th.),

It won't be breaking if the liberal MSM has anything to say about it.
They can't let the halo fall off their guy until after the elections.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
The Brotherhood isn't on Americas terrorist organization list. So why the concern?

Seriously? It can only be of concern if it's on an official government list? Think for yourself ...

Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood declares Jihad on Israel - 'Every Muslims Duty'

Call to Declare Muslim Brotherhood a Terrorist Organization

Internationally, of course, the Muslim Brotherhood is working zealously to replace the secular liberalism of the Arab Spring with hard-core, Shariah-compliant, theocratic dictatorships. Suppressing women, eliminating free speech, persecuting Christians, and preaching hatred of Jews, Israel, and America, the Brotherhood is gradually taking over the Middle East as first dictators and now monarchs fall from power.

Department of Homeland Security Warns Muslim Brotherhood and Iran Forming New Terror Axis

The Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) National Terror Alert Response Center released a new terrorism threat warning entitled, “Egyptian-Iranian intelligence meeting prompts fears of a new Middle East terror axis.” According to yesterday’s release, U.S. intelligence monitored a secret meeting that confirmed the Muslim Brotherhood in Cairo is working in consort with Iranian spies and “could begin covertly supporting global terrorism.”

FBI Chief - Muslim Brotherhood Supports Terrorism

Muslim Brotherhood - a Global Terrorist Influence

A closer examination of the secretive group provides insight as to why its possible climb to power has Western observers so uneasy. Before Osama bin Laden formed al Qaeda, he belonged to the Muslim Brotherhood. So did his top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri and the 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

In addition, the terrorist group Hamas identifies itself as the Muslim Brotherhood's Palestinian branch.
Why are there so many jihadists drawn to the Brotherhood? The group's official motto may tell the story.
It reads:

■Allah is our objective.
■The prophet is our leader.
■Qur'an is our law.
■Jihad is our way.
■Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope.

Yep ... real peaceful bunch. Nothing to be concerned about there ... I'm sure all the women out there are comfortable with this group who are willing to die to bring Sharia law to the world. Sharia law - which includes totally wiping out any rights women have. Homosexuals should all be comfortable as well. Afterall, just because these Muslim Brotherhood people like to make it legal to hang homosexuals in public simply for being homosexual, there is nothing to be concerned about.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I don`t think it will matter even if it is true i`m sure both of these con men (romney & obama) have covered their butts ( plausable deniability)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I remember reading about all of this back during the 2008 campaign.

One of the links reminded me of this story from that time...

The Obama team's disclosures came in response to questions from The Washington Post about the case of Mary T. Biskup, a retired insurance manager from Manchester, Mo., who turned up on Obama's FEC reports as having donated $174,800 to the campaign. Contributors are limited to giving $2,300 for the general election.

Biskup, who had scores of Obama contributions attributed to her, said in an interview that she never donated to the candidate. "That's an error," she said. Moreover, she added, her credit card was never billed for the donations, meaning someone appropriated her name and made the contributions with another card.

www.washingtonpost.com...

When I followed up on this, after the last election, an article I read said that it could take up to 12 YEARS to completely audit Obama's campaign contributions to complete this investigation.

It looks like they decided to speed things up!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Come to think of it, does anyone remember whether or not it was Hillary Clinton who first asked for Obama's campaign contributions to be audited and investigated back in 2008? I think it was.

edit on 6-10-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
According to this article, it may have been an analyst with the Federal Election Commission who first started questioning Obama's campaign contributions back in 2008, but it looks the Heritage Foundation may have been the first to file a formal complaint. I think the complaint that Hillary filed might have been on a smaller scale and had to do with T-shirts. Either way, here's a VERY IN DEPTH analysis of everything that was discovered back then, and is obviously, still being investigated.

"Funny Money"

w3.newsmax.com...

edit on 6-10-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Why does this surprise any of you. In the last election Obama recieved numerous donations from overseas sources, including many from the royal saudi family.

But if he is directly recieving money from the Muslim Brotherhood, that should be told and known, considering that the MB is the grandparent organization for all other terrorist organizations. Al Quaida was created by them not Bin Laden, he simply joined and became the leader.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Why won't you debate it? Are you afraid you'll come across as a racist?

I am just wondering, what does racism have to with it?

Muslims can be and are of any race.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Do I smell some freshly spun Bullcrap???

Sure do

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

True. I remember reading that the link for buying Obama mugs, shirts and other crap from Obama's donor site (which are also donations) had had it's onsite legal-restrictions intentionally relaxed by the Obama campaign to encourage these types of donations.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Proof????

Just another lib lie...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Maybe if you read the article, Buster, you'd have seen that some of the donation solicitations are speculated to be against federal election laws.

This group is above the law.

It is surprising that this is billed as news as I thought it was common knowledge (amoungst ATS readers anyway).

Oh well, keeps life interesting. I still very much doubt that Joe average will ever hear about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There is some cheating going on:

Definately a no name senator raised 750 last time, and now the op then add this:

www.politico.com...

Obama raised 181 million in 1 month?

That is CRAP!.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So so far what we have here is......

....oh nothing.

Hey but maybe, maybe Monday something will be something and we might hear about it. Thank god there is a thread dedicated to it.
I should start one every day "Tomorrow, some thing might happen...no further details but lots of partisan speculation on nothing to share!"

What a waste.

This and Springer's crappy UFO really make me sad tv sucks so much today.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I wonder if it has to do with the Republican Party and Israel. Romney did a money raiser in Israel and virtually nobody was Israeli American. They were all Israeli. Obama played a part with Rachel Maddow in suppressing the video that leaked of Romney with donors that President Carters son supposedly recorded. They only suppressed it for a two month before election surprise. Then MSNBC quit broadcasting prison starting on Friday nights and playing all weekend til Monday morning and the video of Romney was released and pushed.

If Obama is hiding big story it could be being saved for a surprise at a timing of his political choosing for best results during the election.

Don't forget the investigation of Rebulicans who went to Israel and were skinny dipping in the Sea of Galilee in Israel.
edit on 6-10-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

What the hell are you talking about?
Rachael Maddow? MSNBC? A Romney tape?
Are you on the same page here?
Lockup was on all night last night, just like every other weekend on MSNBC.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
There is some cheating going on:

Definately a no name senator raised 750 last time, and now the op then add this:

www.politico.com...

Obama raised 181 million in 1 month?

That is CRAP!.

www.breitbart.com...

And now we see the trick.....

(from the Breitbart link above)

For contributions under $50, however, the campaign doesn't even have to keep track of the donor's name. It is effectively considered a "petty cash" donation. A person could theoretically make 10 $49 donations and never be reported, even though their total contributions are above the FEC's reporting threshold.

With an average donation of $53 from small donors, Obama has A LOT of donors who will never be disclosed and whose names aren't even known to the campaign. Tens of millions of dollars worth.

very clever and sneaky indeed !!

edit on Oct-06-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution