It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this rapper be killed for his lyrics?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
I think this is his best....

Damn... thats interesting.

as for the op S&F

never even heard of this guy, not bad.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

lol.
he will only get killed if he mentions a rival gang
ala JoJo

Obama could care less about black people or "mongrel" as he calls them.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Ya, hopsin haters who listen to that song are just haters.

If he only had 200k views they would like him.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I am a hater, because he sucks.

I can hardly call it rap, because he's just talking, he has no flow and his rhymes are generic, bland and sound akward.

Even Fisticuffs has more skills.

Google Video Link

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by StraightBananas

I am a hater, because he sucks.

I can hardly call it rap, because he's just talking, he has no flow and his rhymes are generic, bland and sound akward.

Even Fisticuffs has more skills.

Google Video Link

hopsin rhymes are generic? jeezz.,,.,.,..,,. DAMNNNNDAKLNALKFlknsfln

come on,,,,, his timing and rhyme scheme is perfect,,, dynamics are creative,,, message is genius,, necessary and needed,, he did his own thing,,, he piked apart a core currupted and valued part of a lifestyle that kids emulate and think is cool.,,.,.,.,. the only reason you can hate on that video is if it spoke to you and you were offended,..,.,.,

oh and something i ask of everyone who hates on any rapper.,.,.,..,

do you rap?

if so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEE,,,, post your lyrics.....

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

come on,,,,, his timing and rhyme scheme is perfect,,, dynamics are creative,,, message is genius,, necessary and needed,, he did his own thing,,, he piked apart a core currupted and valued part of a lifestyle that kids emulate and think is cool.,,.,.,.,. the only reason you can hate on that video is if it spoke to you and you were offended,..,.,.,

First off, I wasn't even directly refering to that vid, but to his whole repertoire.

I explained why I think he sucks. It is funny that you are the second poster to come up with some laughable reason for me to dislike it, when I clearly explained why I dislike him in both occasions.

I am also not a kid, that's probably why I don't like him. I still have an eye for genuine passion and art, Hopsin just raps about what he thinks sounds profound and sucks while he is at it. Generic is not the right word maybe. Lame is better.

He was a Disney actor and now he's a rapper

Hopsin doesn't make a track to spread a genuine message, he makes the track because he wants to have a song with a "message", so he takes some corny cliche concept, raps, or rather reads some uninspired rhymes that just don't flow very well and voila, he is a "genius" that is "adressing social issues".

If Hopsin is your hero and the voice of your generation then I feel sorry for you.

oh and something i ask of everyone who hates on any rapper.,.,.,.., do you rap? if so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEE,,,, post your lyrics.....

That's a bit of a logical fallacy.

I don't need to be a rapper to have an opinion about a rapper that releases his work in the free media.

I think you are a bit confused about how that concept works. Free speech and all.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by StraightBananas

hes not my hero,, or near my favorite rapper,,, thats one of the only songs ive ever listend to over his,, but he is far from me hating,,,, i listened to the song,,, it impressed me ,, that is all,,,

freedom of speech and all thats great,,, i dont care about opinions much,,, but i guess its hard to objectively rate rappers.,., you gave one or two examples of who you think is better and that is respectable,..,.
who are some other rappers you enjoy if you dont mind me asking?

the reason i dont care about opinions is because i can say,,, einstein was an idiot.... freedom of speech, im entitled to an opinion,,,

I think hopsin can be viewed as a legit rapper,, who was passionate in that song... so someone saying he is not,, does bother me,,, i guess i can understand it in ways ,,, but its so easy to accept it as exactly what it is,, to view it once and take something from it,, if even a word said,, but no,, nothing,,, he has no talent, no skill,, and his music deserves to be hated..

ill assume you posses the freedom of thought as well,,.,.,. so id like to hypothetically ask you,, if you were to create a rap song,,,. what do you think would be some of the things you would rap about?
edit on 6-10-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Man, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I just wanted to say that no, I don't think he'll be killed or anything like that for his lyrics, but as to your opinion of his music----pretty harsh, dude! I'm a 32-year-old caucasian married mom of two in South Carolina, and I'm really glad this thread turned me on to Hopsin, because just like Eminem and CeeLo and a few other hip-hop artists with a good message, I'll play this guy for my kids when they're old enough. I wish someone had played this for me 18 years ago. Maybe not the voice of a generation, but I hope the current teen generation listens to him. I disagree that he's trying to have some gimmick; his repertoire seems pretty sincere to me. It would be one thing if he just had a song or two like this, but this pretty much seems to be his entire game. And seeing as you don't usually make a huge name for yourself in hiphop saying that hiphop sucks and everyone's being played by buying into its core message, I'd say he's not just trying to make it "big". He kind of reminds me of DMX in that way; never gonna be headlining the Grammys, but hopefully he'll have a long career.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

thank you!

2 things ill point out.... straight bananas posted an eminem so i will assume they like eminem..

hopsin says eminem is one of his favorite rappers and a lot of people say he raps like him..,., maybe that is one reason for straight bananas hate,,,, maybe they think he should be compared,,, etc..

also i agree that he is not a gimmick,,, because i came across an interview where he says he does everything independent,, gets friends to shoot the videos etc.. and that he will never sign to a major label,, he says its not about the money ( well see how long that lasts,, or if he can get his money without signing to a major label,, but still) ..... also the video has like 18 million views,,, im sure by a lot of younger generation kids,, its good for his message to get around the world at large when it ( although agreesive) is an overall positive one...

all in all hes waking people up and discusses "conspiracy" oriented things that most rappers cannot pull off and get 18 million views..,

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

DAMN.
Dont hate. lol

20 million views. Would you rather the american people spend their views on "Illuminati puppets"

edit on 5-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

20 million? So what?? There is nearly 7 billion people in the world, 300+ million in the US and this guy got 20m views??

There are 10 second diet coke ads that play during the Super Bowl that people like more.

Side note - Do people still wear fake contacts? It's 2012, not 1995. Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

My thinking is that if Eminem was not killed for his lyrics...I doubt this guy will. Eminem went after just about everyone and went after them hard... He was begging to be the next Tupac or Biggie at times...But he still was not killed.

And judging just by this song...This guy is tame compared to a lot of the stuff Em rhymed.... I mean..Em did an entire song just killing his wife...In graphic detail... ( I wont link it...But it's called Kim for anyone who wants to hear just how far Eminem will go...)

At the same time, Eminem made a plea to end the violence... And I think most listened to him... I am thinking and hoping that Proof will be one of the last victims to be killed by this stupid "war"....

The death of Proof acted as a wake up call for a lot of people in the rap game... It got Eminem off of drugs and it was what made him call for an end to the violence and murdering.... Which was stupid to begin with...

Bet you didn't expect a dirty liberal hippie, known for listening to classic rock, to also be into rap and hip hop a

I do dig this guys flow though. I am going to have to check him out.

And that is just where I stand on this. This is my opinion and mine alone. Not much else I can say really, so I will just leave it at that.

edit on 6-10-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
nvm.
edit on 6-10-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I don't think so either because I don't think he reaches a very broad audience.

Before this thread I never even heard of this guy. I'm just saying he may or not be a big thing in certain groups but it's not a mainstream audience so nobody really cares what he says or does.

By the way if "they" wanted him dead then he would be dead.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

20 million views.

oh yeah that proves hes good. i mean, we all talk about how everyone is being fooled. everyone is the cause of all our worst problems, everyone is asleep.

but hey, the majority knows best this time right?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jough626

20 million? So what?? There is nearly 7 billion people in the world, 300+ million in the US and this guy got 20m views??

There are 10 second diet coke ads that play during the Super Bowl that people like more.

Side note - Do people still wear fake contacts? It's 2012, not 1995. Sheesh.

Hey smart guy. Hard making inferences huh?

I was saying in relation to other rappers mentioning the things he does. Not the biggest TV event in the US.
But it is always easier to debate a point if you completely ignore what it actually means.
edit on 7-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bisman

20 million views.

oh yeah that proves hes good. i mean, we all talk about how everyone is being fooled. everyone is the cause of all our worst problems, everyone is asleep.

but hey, the majority knows best this time right?

Whatever clown.

Ive been listening to hiphop since the early 80s. I like this guy. And I hate mainstream garbage.
He has the potential to capture the macmiller demographic. And they dont bump immortal technique.

I just had to feed you baby birds, huh? Couldnt get the point urselfs.
edit on 7-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

hopsin says eminem is one of his favorite rappers and a lot of people say he raps like him..,., maybe that is one reason for straight bananas hate,,,

Lol, this is funny.

You just can´t accept that I think he sucks, lol.

I just don´t like his sound, listening to a full song is like a chore to me. It just doesn´t sound right.

also i agree that he is not a gimmick,,

The guy is nothing but a gimmick with his lame contacts.

edit on 7-10-2012 by StraightBananas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So you just admitted you can hardly make it through one song, but yet you're a frickin' expert and authority about whether he's "a gimmick" or not, eh? Okay, sweetheart, off you go, let the adults talk for a while. If you can't keep from trapping yourself with the truth, try to stay out of the big kids' way. Go run and listen to your Kanye and whatever else you're gobbling up as "art".

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Can you answer these questions,,,,, i knew you were going to ignore them,,,

hes not my hero,, or near my favorite rapper,,, thats one of the only songs ive ever listend to over his,, but he is far from me hating,,,, i listened to the song,,, it impressed me ,, that is all,,,

freedom of speech and all thats great,,, i dont care about opinions much,,, but i guess its hard to objectively rate rappers.,., you gave one or two examples of who you think is better and that is respectable,..,.
who are some other rappers you enjoy if you dont mind me asking?

the reason i dont care about opinions is because i can say,,, einstein was an idiot.... freedom of speech, im entitled to an opinion,,,

I think hopsin can be viewed as a legit rapper,, who was passionate in that song... so someone saying he is not,, does bother me,,, i guess i can understand it in ways ,,, but its so easy to accept it as exactly what it is,, to view it once and take something from it,, if even a word said,, but no,, nothing,,, he has no talent, no skill,, and his music deserves to be hated..

ill assume you posses the freedom of thought as well,,.,.,. so id like to hypothetically ask you,, if you were to create a rap song,,,. what do you think would be some of the things you would rap about?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join