It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified at Last: Air Force's Supersonic Flying Saucer Schematics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Declassified at Last: Air Force's Supersonic Flying Saucer Schematics

www.wired.com

Officially, aliens have never existed but flying saucers very nearly did. The National Archives has recently published never-before-seen schematics and details of a 1950s military venture, called Project 1794, which aimed to build a supersonic flying saucer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Interesting, that serious plans were in the works to create these things 60 years ago. Given how far we've progressed technologically since then, I would not be surprised if they actually have succeeded in building one at some point along the way, which could explain a lot of UFO sightings. If so, they've certainly done a good job denying it, but not a very good job hiding it.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Not trying to burst anyones bubble, but this thing was only an attempt to make something that resembles what they thought a Flying Saucer would look like.
This is more like a cave man trying to make a Radio.

You need something to propel this thing that is not out of stone age it self.

You start talking Gravity propulsion, of some sort, not jets of air.
No wonder it would not work, this is same design I was working on in grade school.

Looks good though.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Oh yeeeah. Think about it, when I think 1950's I think of black and white. The piece of technology they had back then to make disc or saucers fly was a big deal and you know they invest in a lot of time and work into it.

But now oh man, just think what "they" are capable of doing. No doubt in my mind the things I seen at night is the marvelous work of man and what he can do but, aliens..no, unless you want to "experiment" on some poor soul and muck him up to look like one..well yea.

Please correct me if I am wrong or ignorant, I thought a private person invented the flying saucer before Uncle Greedy got their hands on it second?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Interesting, that serious plans were in the works to create these things 60 years ago.

Its a funny looking jet aircraft.
Powered by very conventional jet aircraft technology.

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Given how far we've progressed technologically since then, I would not be surprised if they actually have succeeded in building one at some point along the way

There wouldnt be any point. Yes, jet aircraft technology has progressed, but these things really need some unknown anti-gravity drive, or space warp drive, or something like that.
Not jet engines.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Declassified at last ?
If that was recently declassified, why has wikipedia a page about it since September 2005 ?
en.wikipedia.org...
Click on "View History"

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

Yes something doesn't add up, does it?
There's a 1966 CBS documentary on flying saucers that shows the Avrocar, so it was public knowledge even in 1966 from that documentary.

The only way I can make sense of the article is maybe some of the details were classified and have just been declassified, but people have known about it at least since 1966 and probably before that.

It was kind of a dumb idea, so I'm not surprised it failed.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
That ufo looking NEW drone that was being shipped on a large rig trucking around your local neighborhood was interesting too

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If flying saucers are so awesome, why haven't I ever seen a saucer-shaped bird?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
That design won't work, that's why they declassified it. You have to use ion impulse engines with a structured electromagnetic charge to propel a saucer. It looks like they were trying to use a big air compressor for lift. Although compressing air is using ions to combat the electromagnetic field, it will only be a hover craft.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I've seen the video of that. it was a 1960ish looking footage of a guy sitting in a ufo,a bout the size of a bumper car (in a carnival) being propelled by air compression, swear to God, its been on history channel

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

the last word of the article title makes it pretty clear you know 'schematics'

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
the last word of the article title makes it pretty clear you know 'schematics'
Maybe it's clear to you but not to me.

Here's a schematic with a 2007 date:
Avrocar Schematic from 2007

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

well ok I guess recent is relative

idk

here is what wired is actually claiming to be newly declassified I think
edit on 10/5/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Personally, if thats the lastest declassifying job, wheres the real jet powered discs they had parked at that airbase?
What were their flight charactaristics and specifications?
They had more than one jet powered disc flying.....this is just plans for an avrocar....?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Did they Succeed?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Thanks!

I claim that newly declassified image for my new signature!

new topics

top topics

join