It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened when a neuroscientist had a stroke, and the epiphany that followed..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yes it certainly does make one wonder!! The question reminds me of a podcast I once listened to.. A professor was explaining how important and underrated he felt the power of thought was, on directly effecting our bodies and subsequently our health. As a side note, I believe he also disputed the importance of genetics in determining our future, biologically speaking, or rather more a setting the score straight.. that the general population were simply misinformed, largely due to the media.

He relayed the following very basic experiment - Taking two genetically identical cells and placing them both in petri dishes, one would be left in the dark, one under light. They would both develop and grow differently from eachother, regardless of the fact they are genetically identical - an observation which suggests that it is not the cells genetic make up which dictates it's development, but the environment surrounding it.

Now you might be tempted to say, yeah so what? But if you now imagine the human body in the form of the billions of single cells which make it up, you will probably begin to see what he's getting at.

Now consider the role in which the brain and our nervous system commands over every biological process and organ in our body, and think once more of the simple experiment.

And now consider placebo pills and all things psychosomatic, the benefits of meditation to physical health, the miraculous healing of people who truly believe, etc.

Happy people live longer don't they?

It's a very rudimentary analogy, but I'm sure the professor had thought about it in more depth than I have!

Maybe if we can all harness the power of both left and right sides of our brains, we can have both perfect physical and spiritual health..

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by vagabondrobb

Thanks for sharing!
A beautiful message... just beautiful!

S&F OP

<< 1   >>

join