It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews and Christians Partner to Buy Anti-Anti-Muslim NYC Subway Ads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Pamela Geller's terrible pro-Israel, anti-Islam subway ads have already been defiled in ways both artistic and journalistic. Now three separate religious organizations—two Christian and one Jewish—are beating Geller at her own game with strategically placed anti-anti-Islam subway ads. United Methodist Women; Sojourners, a Christian social-justice organization; and Rabbis for Human Rights have teamed up to pay $6,000 for 10 subway ads that will gently attack Geller's posters, sometimes directly (as seen above).

I always like to see news like this, different groups standing together and forgetting differences for a common good. I'm still pretty amazed the ads were allowed up. I'm all for free speech but in this situation where it's public property I would rather just see ads for Crest white strips. The ads certainly seemed intended to incite something, and I'm glad that they seem to have been completely unsuccessful (save for hat idiot spray painting them but that's another can of worms).

At any rate it's good to b reminded from time to time that we're all in this together and at the end of the day most decent people want the same thing, regardless of religion, race etc.

Link

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

And how long before these "reply" ads are deemed Anti-Semite?

S@F

I like these ads as well, but the brainwashing runs deeper than the Ads.
The Blindness displayed on ATS by many respected Posters is an example of how Joe Average Citizen stands no chance.

edit on 5-10-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm torn.

I am against the Islamic extremists who is interested in destroying Israel for the bs Palestinian state, but this also would affect America Muslims who have nothing to do with that sort of thing.

And i'm sure the racists are going to raise a big fuss over it and dismiss it as Zionist propaganda.

Basically this is just going to inflame things and is not a smart move.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I'm torn.

I am against the Islamic extremists who is interested in destroying Israel for the bs Palestinian state, but this also would affect America Muslims who have nothing to do with that sort of thing.

And i'm sure the racists are going to raise a big fuss over it and dismiss it as Zionist propaganda.

Basically this is just going to inflame things and is not a smart move.

So you think it's ok for Israel to wipe Palestine from the map because they think land that belonged to them 2000 years ago should still belong to them? It's not Zionist propaganda it moron propaganda. It's obviously moron propaganda because who actually thinks Israel is a civilized nation?

For the people willing to stand up to hate speech.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Uh huh.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

If Israel wanted to wipe those people off the map they'd have done so already. They have a lot of military might at their beck and call.

This is exactly the kind of thing I mean about racists. Any lie about Israel they can and any dirty trick to shut people up who don't believe their lies.

And I'm sure this marks me as a Zionist. Because they just can't help themselves.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Notice how the counter-ad isn't baying for blood like the original; it doesn't say "support Palestine, not Israel" but simply says to support peace. That is the kind of calm rationality and mature attitude this world needs desperately, if we are to overcome the ignorance and nonstop beating of the war drums by those who profit from the existence of conflict.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So you think it's ok for Israel to wipe Palestine from the map because they think land that belonged to them 2000 years ago should still belong to them?

I didn't see him saying that at all. Israel is there now. Right or wrong, we are not undoing the past. What would your solution be? Deport them somewhere else? Israel needs to grow up and so do the Palestinians. I think it unfortunate anyone takes a side here, both are wrong.

I posted this thread hoping that it wouldn't devolve into this kind of petty bickering, that the folks defending another religion for no reason other than they respect it would inspire others to put aside differences and maybe just ONCE consider something peaceful. I also hoped to highlight that people with differences are capable of getting along, that god folks no matter the background can come together.

Did you really need to bring a fight to something that was meant to highlight kinship?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Uh huh.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

If Israel wanted to wipe those people off the map they'd have done so already. They have a lot of military might at their beck and call.

This is exactly the kind of thing I mean about racists. Any lie about Israel they can and any dirty trick to shut people up who don't believe their lies.

And I'm sure this marks me as a Zionist. Because they just can't help themselves.

Israeli is a nationality, not a race.
edit on 5-10-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That is great!! I like it!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I said Israel, not Israeli. I really wish people would stop putting words in my mouth and stop telling me what I really mean.

And I have certain criteria that is actually pretty stringent in determining who is racist and who is actually just criticizing Israel.

And this is going off topic.

edit on 5-10-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Back to the original context of the post...

It's great to see these posters hitting back at the original ones mainly because it gives the observer/audience a counter argument as to not leave them brainwashed with one way of thinking.

Look at the red writing used to say "defeat jihad" as if to say it in a conquering tone.

"DEFEAT THE UNCIVILISED WAR MONGERS!" ... "DEFEAT THEM WITH FIREPOWER!"

hahaha i don't know what to say to this. Just hypocritical, blind and ignorant. The most uneducated of humans.

Using one religion to debate another religion's policies is never a winnable argument. Just a bunch of kids saying "he hit me first"

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

And on that note, i will say it's funny how some nations (like turkey) can live with all religions.

I went there not long ago, and a lady was telling me how it's really none of their business what other people believe, despite being predominantly muslim (99% are muslims).

There are 80,000 registered mosques, and you will still find synagogues, orthodox churches, etc because of their ablity to co-exist.

Maybe we should take a leaf from their book and educate ourselves a bit more

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There should be more group efforts against the those that are out to cause trouble.
But we can't picket the government or out buy the government every time a
Bloomberg wants to tax our sodas are take away our cheesecake.
There are enough conflicts with the city and the people to keep a watch dog committee
going full time.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

I will probably be flipped endless poo for this but that to me is America.

I live a few blocks away from a very busy spot and see people of every color and religion getting along just fine. We certainly have our problems here, but at the end of the day there is no place I would rather be.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

it doesn't say "support Palestine, not Israel" but simply says to support peace. That is the kind of calm rationality and mature attitude this world needs desperately

That's what I liked about it as well. Also I'm just bumping the thread because I thought it was a great story.

new topics

top topics

join